Storytelling through visual content

We tell stories that inform, persuade and inspire. Whether its motion video or still photography, storytelling is the key to any brand’s identity. By weaving an engaging story, we’ve turned simple ideas into compelling commercials, network promos, social videos and lifestyle photography. Whether you have a fully formed creative brief or a fledgling concept that needs to be developed, we love that every job is different.

That’s what motivates us… and we want to listen to the story you want to tell.

2003
Denver, CO
  • P.O. Box 22455
    Denver, CO 80231

Commercials for Audi, Ford, Coors, Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, Verizon, Comcast, DISH Network, Best Buy, JC Penney, Village Inn, Safeway, LinkedIn, Uber, Microsoft and many others. Network promos for Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, Cooking Channel, ESPN, HBO and Starz. Photo shoots for Verizon, Lyft, Red Robin, Starbucks, Noosa Yoghurt, Popsockets, Boston Market and Einstein Brothers Bagels.

CAAT Rewind PSA

Movie Mogul Productions produced a PSA for Coloradans Against Auto Theft, helping spread the word about an important cause and increasing awareness to all-time high levels.

Velocity - Manifesto Network Promo

Movie Mogul Productions produced a series of content as part of the Velocity Channel rebrand, helping them highlight their vehicle power in a classic, timeless yet exciting way that led to increased brand awareness and perception.

Military Channel - Branding Montage

Movie Mogul Productions produced various pieces of content as part of the Military Channel branding campaign, showing the brand's patriotic angle in a tasteful and powerfully emotive way that led to increased traffic.

DISH Network - CES Lifestyle Video

Produced video content for the CES launch of the Hopper set top box

Popsockets PopLips Shoot Image

Popsockets PopLips Shoot

Photo shoot for the launch of Popsockets new product, PopLips

Noosa Yoghurt Shoot Image

Noosa Yoghurt Shoot

Photo shoot as part of Noosa's rebranding campaign

Lyft Employee Photo Shoot Image

Lyft Employee Photo Shoot

Photo shoot showcasing Lyft employees on the job

City of Aurora Branding Campaign Image

City of Aurora Branding Campaign

Photo shoot as part of the City of Aurora (Colorado) new branding campaign

Product Photography for Full Service Ad Agency

"They had a talented team of professionals who were experts in their craft."

June 2019

Movie Mogul Productions conducted a full photoshoot for an agency's client’s product. They provided the crew, props, and other necessities to produce 10–15 professional images.

Denver, Colorado
Rachel Arther
Account Supervisor, VaynerMedia

The images and overall photoshoot delighted the client. The content performs well on social media and the engagement ran very smoothly. Movie Mogul Productions brought industry expertise and turned work around timely.

I am an account supervisor for VaynerMedia.

What challenge were you trying to address with Movie Mogul Productions?

We needed to put together a photoshoot for our client. They wanted to put the images out on social media to increase sales.

They conducted a full photoshoot of our client’s products. They handled everything from securing the crew, finding the food stylist, and pulling together props. We ended up with about 10–15 images, ranging from lifestyle imagery to recipes with the client’s product in them. They gave us the raw and edited files.

There was a crew of around 10 teammates, including Jake (Photographer), and Kent (Producer) was our main point of contact.

How did you come to work with Movie Mogul Productions?

We researched a few different photographers in Colorado. We liked Jake’s work and thought he’d be a great fit for our client.

We spent around $28,000 total, including the photoshoot and buying out the images.

We worked together for about three weeks in June 2019.

Our client was very happy with the photoshoot. They love the look and feel of all the images. The deliverables were beautiful and they are some of the best performing content on their organic social pages.

How did Movie Mogul Productions perform from a project management standpoint?

They were great and communicative at every stage. They had to pull together a lot of different pieces, which made everything really easy for us and our client. They handled everything well and worked closely with our creative team to execute our vision.

They had a talented team of professionals who were experts in their craft.

No, we had a smooth shoot which is tricky in this industry.

Come with a clear sense of budget, deliverables, and your creative vision. Be open and honest and communicative throughout the process.

Multiple Awareness Videos on US Skilled Labor Gap

"It was an incredible learning experience, and today I feel completely comfortable running small video projects myself."

July 2015 - Apr. 2016

Movie Mogul Productions created a series of videos that would educate the public about the shortage of skilled workers in the US. They drafted stories, screened interviewees, and produced the final shorts.

Denver, Colorado
Staci Amend
Former Creative Director, Influence Technologies

Over the course of the year, Movie Mogul Productions took the lead on the project, guiding the in-house team through a process that was out of their comfort zone. They were hands-on at every step and delivered an end product to be proud of. The videos were critical assets in an enterprise account.

When I first met Kent, I was a writer/creative director for a technology company with a proprietary SASS platform designed to serve up personalized interactive video experiences. I led a small creative team that functioned as a miniature in-house agency.

For what projects/services did your company hire Movie Mogul Productions?

Shortly after I assumed the creative director role, we landed a multi-million-dollar account that required a series of "anthem" videos aimed at educating the public about the impending shortage of skilled workers in the U.S.

Although I had written a number of video scripts, I had zero experience in video production or creative direction at the time and needed an experienced EP to not only run the project, but also to mentor me in video production.

1. Educate the public about the skills gap in the U.S.
  2. Connect Educators, Employer and Job Seekers
  3. Drive traffic to our client's website in service of #s 1 and 2

I can't remember! Ask Kent. I believe my employer had a previous relationship with him.

Describe the video(s) and the process in detail.

For this nearly year-long process, we first draft-scripted the stories (which were to be told entirely with voice-over captured in interviews) based on the narrative we wanted to follow.

Then we "cast" our players from the three groups (job seekers, employers and educators), crafted questions designed to bring out the narrative we were pursuing, and traveled all over the country for interviews. The entire process was quite out of my comfort zone, and Kent was the most incredible asset.

He somehow struck a delicate balance between pushing me to learn and take on tasks that were new and uncomfortable (interviewing CEOs and university presidents, for example) while also being the bedrock of the project, and never letting me fall.

It was an incredible learning experience, and today I feel completely comfortable running small video projects myself...although I *ALWAYS* hire Kent if I have the budget.

What was your vendors' project management or feedback process?

We knocked it out of the park, thanks in no small part to Kent. His guidance and talented crew resulted in a product that a VERY persnickety client approved and loved with very minor revisions.

I left the company soon after the project was complete, so I don't have results to share, other than the launch was a success. Kent may know!

Perfection. Because Kent was mentoring me, I was very hands-on throughout the entire process. We were in communication every day for the better part of a year.

There were minor creative details on which we disagreed, but he respected my role as Creative Director and ultimately we ended up with a wonderful end product of which we are both incredibly proud.

Kent is GREAT at what he does, and was very selfless in his mentoring...there were definitely some tough love moments, which I need because I'm stubborn AF. :)

Literally none. I continue to work with Kent and various members of his crew, whether or not he's involved! He helped me absolutely NAIL a critical project and also add a range of new skills to my own personal skill set.

Overall Score HIRE THIS GUY NOW.
    EFFORTLESS
    REASONABLE
    THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS. PERIOD.

Video Production for Charity Nonprofit

“Outside of the great finished product, Kent also helped educate us on the process and show us new perspectives.”

Aug. - Nov. 2019

Movie Mogul Productions produced a video for a nonprofit, focusing on the messaging and overall vision of the organization. They supported scripting efforts and provided branding insight.

Centennial, Colorado
Heidi Boettcher
Marketing & Development, Christian World Outreach

The final short video met expectations, was completed in the given budget, and earned great feedback from viewers. As a partner, Movie Mogul Productions was innovative and thoughtful, bringing new ideas and approaches to the engagement. Customers can expect an informative, helpful partner.

I work for Christian World Outreach, a nonprofit doing ministry work in Africa and Haiti. We provide education through vocational training for women and food and medical programs for orphans.

What challenge were you trying to address with Movie Mogul Productions?

We have a pretty minimal budget for marketing since most of our funds go toward ministry and helping others. We were looking for someone to create a video from scratch to convey our goals and missions. We wanted the video to be a voice for what we do.

We had a rough idea of what we wanted and the audience we were trying to reach, so Kent (Producer, Movie Mogul Productions) gave us a good overview of the process. He helped us put together a script and gave us input on the stock photos and videos to use, too. Kent also put us in contact with someone else to think about the branding and marketing elements of the video. The final video is about two minutes in length and is used on our website and social media channels.

I worked with Kent and one other colleague that he brought in.

How did you come to work with Movie Mogul Productions?

I saw an email from a school that Kent was associated with, offering opportunities for students and graduates to get involved with shorter, nonprofit-focused videos. Kent was very professional when we met, gave us great input, and offered up his own ideas, so we chose him.

In total, we spent around $2,000, included stock photos and videos.

We worked together from August–November 2019. We were on a tight deadline since we wanted to debut the video at a specific event.

We got some great feedback at the event that we debuted the video at. People liked how succinct it was and the choice of photos and videos. We’ve only just released it on our website and social media, so we’re looking forward to getting good feedback there. Kent’s great eye for picking good stock photos and videos has been helpful for our business in general, too.

How did Movie Mogul Productions perform from a project management standpoint?

We spoke in-person and through emails and calls. Throughout the whole process, we met face-to-face with Kent about 3–4 times, which was super helpful in talking through our budget and their services. We shared photos through Google Docs, Dropbox, and email.

Outside of the great finished product, Kent also helped educate us on the process and show us new perspectives. He showed us things we normally wouldn’t think of since we were new to the video space. He was helpful in showing us new ways to approach ideas, ranging from wording to photo quality, which was an extra bonus.

I can’t think of anything that could have gone better. We always want to do work cheaper, but we know the investment that we paid resulted in a good product that we’re happy with.

Be very upfront in your communication. Let them know everything you want, ranging from the budget and limitations to the messaging. Getting those details out at the start made the communication and process flow smoothly. Sharing all the nuts and bolts is helpful.