Moving Brands Forward

We are a brand strategy & digital agency made up of designers, strategists, wordsmiths, shooters, marketers, and technologists that are obsessed with creative perfection. We fuse creativity & energy with strategy, branding, and digital to create custom solutions that will move your brand forward. #staymoving

Encinitas, CA
  • 560 N Coast Hwy 101 #2A
    Encinitas, CA 92024

Web Dev & SEO for Valet Parking Company

“It was great to work with a team that took pride in and ownership of their work.”

Nov. 2017 - Feb. 2018

Movetic designed and developed a website on Wordpress, including photography, copywriting, and SEO. They incorporated custom forms and a feature that allows users to submit applications.

San Diego, California
Nick Bernal
Owner, Preferred Valet Parking

Movetic built a high-quality, modern website that is consistently ranked in the top search results on Google. Activity is submitted through the website on a daily basis. In addition to their technical and creative expertise, they're also very organized and a pleasure to work with overall.

I'm the owner and founder of Preferred Valet Parking, a veteran-owned company that offers parking management and valet services for private and corporate events.

What challenge were you trying to address with Movetic?

Our website was outdated, so we were looking for a developer to rebuild and update it.

After an initial call with Movetic to go over their process and our goals, they laid out the scope of work and pricing. They designed and built the website from scratch on Wordpress, providing the photography (custom and stock) as well as the copywriting. They also incorporated SEO and forms for visitors to fill out for special event requests or to submit applications.

I mostly worked with Josh (Co-founder, Movetic) and Yichen (Partner, Movetic).

How did you come to work with Movetic?

My accountant worked with Movetic on his website and recommended them.

We spent about $20,000.

I first met with them in November 2017 and they completed the project around February 2018.

With the new website, we're still consistently ranked in the top search results on Google. We receive job applications and special inquiries through the site on a daily basis, so we know locals are finding the website and it's working properly.

How did Movetic perform from a project management standpoint?

They do a good job of balancing their creative talents with their business and technical knowledge. They set and meet timelines without fail. While I was able to meet in-person with them regularly, we worked very closely over email, phone, and through video conferencing as well. Any small errors that came up, their team was able to fix quickly.

They're very personable and down to earth. They're willing to take the time to have in-depth conversations to ensure all client needs are met. From start to finish, I felt like I was working with friends who care about the work they do more than most people I encounter in my daily life. It was great to work with a team that took pride in and ownership of their work.

Go into the relationship with specifics about what you want, so they can best pick a team and approach to meet those needs.

Overall Score They genuinely care about the work they do.
    They were good at meeting deadlines and sending reminders to us to do the same.
    Although their services are somewhat pricey, it's worth the investment.
    The functionality and quality of the website is phenomenal.
    I've already recommended them to others.

Web Design & Branding for Experiential Design Firm

"They have a lot of creative young minds and are not afraid to try new things."

Oct. 2016 - Jan. 2017

Movetic redesigned a WordPress website, managing UX/UI design and the aesthetic. They also worked on branding, putting forward unique concepts that helped in-house writers create the content.

Pasadena, California
Martina Kostkas
Marketing Manager, The Hettema Group

The traffic to the website increased, while the number of new leads and clients continues to grow. Even though the timeline was slightly extended, the website received a CSS Design Award for the coding and gets compliments from clients and new site visitors.

We're an experiential design firm in Pasadena, California. Our primary focuses are theme park design, museums, and cultural attractions. We have in-house creative, architecture, and media teams composed of art directors, architects, media producers, illustrators, and other experts.

What challenge were you trying to address with Movetic?

Since we're a design firm, our website serves as our digital brochure, but the website we had was outdated. We wanted to create an effective new website that works for our branding, so we were looking for a company to help us with that.

It was a collaborative project: we have an in-house graphics team and they have a UX/UI skill set as well as graphics capabilities. They came up with some unique concepts and our in-house writers created the content. Movetic took the code and the aesthetic to a new level, delivering a spectacular WordPress website.

We worked with their founder Josh Roush, a UX/UI designer, and a graphics designer.

How did you come to work with them?

Movetic was a referral, but we received proposals from about 12 developers. We could tell they were engaged because they took time to customize their proposal and were willing to answer all of our questions before signing the contract. That was one of the deciding factors for us.

We spent around $30,000.

The project happened in October 2016 – January 2017.

The website was launched about a year ago and has been performing very well since then. As soon as it launched, we saw an increase in traffic and received a lot of compliments from new and existing clients. The number of new leads is on the rise and our clients are looking to do future phases of work with us.

As a company, we design different experiences, so it's important for us to have a unique and engaging website. Movetic has achieved that goal for us.

How did they perform from a project management standpoint?

We had one small challenge in the entire project, which was due to coding – we were fairly ambitious in our design. We had to slightly extend the timeline, but it paid off and we ended up receiving a CSS Design Award.

They have a lot of creative young minds and are not afraid to try new things that are out of everyone's comfort zone. This results in spectacular designs and interactive website platforms.

Also, they're great listeners and communicators. I always felt I could call them if I had any questions about the design. I would definitely go back to them for future projects.

No, I can't think of anything.

We had to push the timeline back a little, but the website we got at the end was spectacular.
    Our website gets consistent traffic and generates new business.

Web Design & Branding for Personal Development Company

"I couldn't be happier with their work."

Aug. - Dec. 2016

After first determining the brand identity and positioning strategy of a personal development company, Movetic then led the frontend design of their website.

San Diego, California
CEO, Life on Fire

Unlike other firms with inexperienced designers, Movetic has a refreshing approach to first understand the market and then come up with a strategy to dominate. Customer feedback to the new website has been extremely positive.

Life on Fire is a personal development and growth company that offers transformational events for leaders and entrepreneurs. I am the CEO.

What challenge were you trying to address with Movetic?

Our website was tired and outdated.

Movetic came in and helped us clarify who we are in our market and how to stand out and dominate.  This was much deeper than just design and branding. They helped me clarify my company's vision and core values.

Movetic did the frontend branding and design of the new website. We hired a separate developer for the coding and we built it in Genesis Framework.

How did you come to work with Movetic?

I've worked with a few other enterprise-level branding agencies. I found Movetic through a referral. Another top branding and design firm recommended them. I was sick and tired of being overcharged by large branding firms and was even more tired of working with inexperienced designers. I wanted to work with Movetic because I trusted their portfolio and because the conversation I had with their owners made me feel really comfortable.

We began working with Movetic in August 2016 and finished in December 2016. They worked with us first on our brand and then the website design. I then spent a few months with the programmer from a separate company to go live with the website in July 2017.

What can you share that demonstrates the impact of the engagement?

In terms of our Alexa ranking, we went from not even being on the map to growing like crazy. Our audience and customers are raving about the new site.

How did Movetic perform from a project management standpoint?

They under promised and over delivered in all aspects of the project which was incredibly refreshing. They finished ahead of deadlines and always showed up for our calls early. Project management was crisp and on point throughout, I literally couldn't be more impressed.

I couldn't be happier with their work.  For the first time ever in business, I love my website and I'm proud to show it off.  The best part is that they helped me clarify our unique positioning and strategy in the market so that we can stand out and dominate.

Overall Score I confidently give a 10 because I've been let down by multiple branding agencies in the past. Movetic absolutely over delivered and I will sing their praises for years.
    They were always on time and accommodated my insane schedule.
    You get what you pay for. They are not cheap designers and I'm happy with my investment.
    They over delivered consistently.
    They will make you look good.

Branding, Web Development, and Advertising for Auction House

"They have the ability to make a plan and then execute it."

Jul. 2014 - Ongoing

Movetic is engaged in a continuing partnership to provide branding, web development, and advertising services to a multinational real estate auction business.

Melbourne, Australia
Ben Brady
Director, Harcourts Auctions

Movetic has not only been engaged as a technical partner but has become fully integrated into the team, helping to make important strategic decisions. Their natural talent and innovative ideas have been integral in their continued success.

Harcourt is an auction business in Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, China, Indonesia, and Fiji. About two years ago, we entered the United States marketplace as well. We conduct approximately 12,000 nondistressed property auctions a year. Movetic helped us with marketing the website and continues to help us as an integral part of our business by branding us and keeping us up to date with everything in the marketplace. I am the director of auctions.

What challenge were you trying to address with Movetic?

They helped us with branding, web development, and advertising. They helped us develop our guides to buying and selling. They helped us on a content basis as well. We would give them the message that we want to get across and, not only would they design it, they would also do the copy and everything in respect to that. They've also developed our website and made it as fresh as possible. They are integral to who we are and what we are.

They built everything from the ground up and are continuing to work with us. They had a development meeting with us where they suggested we get the app live and then develop it gradually. It's been extremely beneficial from a cost perspective as well.

How did you come to work with Movetic?

We looked at six other organizations and had a website built by someone else that was not up to par. When we met Josh [Roush, co-founder and chief brand officer at Movetic], he and Andrew [DiPaulo, principal and co-founder at Movetic] were the only ones involved in the business at that point. We were their first big client. We liked the fact that they were going to be spending the amount of time they did on us, and it was a fit that worked well. We gave them some small projects to work on to build trust, and they executed perfectly. The communication was outstanding. I feel that if you're going to do something with my company and me, you have to be communicating with us because I want to know what's going on.

How much have you invested with Movetic?

We've spent more than $250,000 in two years. We went to some of the bigger companies that had extremely large clients and, at the end of the day, they wanted us to spend $500,000 to $750,000 for them to give us the attention that we wanted. Josh and Andrew were willing to work with us.

We started working with them around July 2014.

Our business has grown 500% within two years. We're bringing the traditional auction platform to the U.S. so that people can sell their normal residential real estate that way as well. We need a lot of marketing, education, evidence of the volume we do, and the success that we've had. Everything they've done has helped us with our growth. They've built statistic sheets, fun facts sheets, complete guides to buying at auction, and complete guides to selling at auction. They've filmed and edited videos with us. They've built the content on our website. When people are selling one of their biggest assets, they need the volume of information, and we have so much information that people can feel comfortable. On the site we developed before we met Josh and Andrew, we were getting two or three hits a day on our website. Now, we get in excess of 350 to 500 hits a day.

How did Movetic perform from a project management standpoint?

Even as Movetic has grown and taken on bigger clients, their attention to us has been the same. They provide us with a scope of how things are going to work for each project. There are certain stages that they will commit to, and they execute on every single one of those stages. Each stage has a date, and if it's not going to be met by that date, they call us. We know any issues well before the due date.

What did you find most impressive about Movetic?

Their ability to innovate and create has shown initiative. When you're paying somebody to do something, you don't want to come up with your own ideas. You might have a vision of what you want, but they help you get what you want. They will bring ideas to us, and if I don't like it, they'll move onto other options. For example, they'll give me six different ideas for a statistics sheet and ask which one I like the most. They have great initiative and creativity. They have a great service package. For example, they're great at design, but also great at building apps. I don't have to have three or four different people on a project. If they don't have the ability to do something, they project manage the other part of it. I love the fact that I can go to them for everything.

Are there any areas Movetic could improve?

They've grown very quickly and handled it well. The deadlines have gotten pushed out a little more but, if they're successful, it means we're dealing with the right people.

Overall Score There's always room for improvement.
    Their project management is good.
    The value for money is excellent.
    They have the ability to make a plan and then execute it.