Websites | Aerial Content | Relationships

We design custom or Wordpress CMS websites, capture aerial content and implement CRM strategies that help create and grow relationships with your customers.

Austin, TX
  • Motivo Media
    111 W Illinois St
    Chicago, IL 60654
    773.789.7033

Small businesses, contractors, law firms and e-commerce.

Web Design for Electricity Shopping Tool

"The website itself is a testament to the stellar skills and abilities of the Motivo Media team."

Nov. 2015 - July 2016

Motivo Media provided full-spectrum services for a complex website development, including programming, graphics, and a professional logo. Motivo Media’s principal was the lead manager and primary contact.

Colleyville, Texas
Mark Trimarchi
Founder, Geek Your Rate

Motivo Media efficiently created a complex website. The team responded well to feedback and requests and offered their own suggestions for aesthetics, marketing, and functionality. They willingly shared their professional experience and delivered seamless project management.

I retired from the federal government in October 2015, after 32 years as an energy conservation engineer (a degreed Mechanical Engineer). I formed Geek Your Rate, LLC, in 2015 and applied my knowledge of energy and utility analysis to develop a way to optimize electricity shopping for residents of north Texas who live within the deregulated electric market. Over the past year, with the help of Motivo Media, I have gone from conception to launching a professional-looking and functioning website that accomplishes my goal!

What challenge were you trying to address with Motivo Media?

While I was able to conceptualize a way to reach my goal of a functioning website, I was only capable of creating and developing the technical aspects of it - the background processes, formulas, and calculations. I needed a graphics professional to bring my logo and website aesthetics concepts to life, and of course a competent website developer/programmer to create a functioning site.

I let Motivo Media know of an existing State of Texas-run website that was to be the model for mine. They handled all of the graphics for the site, professionally rendered my logo, and handled all of the programming.

How did you come to work with Motivo Media?

I found them on Angie's List. Even though they were based in Chicago and I'm in Texas, I chose them after I flew to Chicago to meet with the founder, Anthony, in person.

Approximately $32,000. I plan to spend more with them in the future to upgrade the capabilities of my site. This is a very complex website compared to most, so the cost was commensurate with the complexity. I sometimes over-analyze large purchases, but I felt comfortable enough with Motivo after meeting Anthony, to not even get any other quotes for the work. I did pay about 7% more than the original quote because I realized during development that I needed additional features and functions that I was not originally aware of, and therefore were not included in the quote.

The engagement began in November 2015 and was completed in July 2016. I am responsible for it taking eight months because I was delayed in completing the engineering work necessary for the backend calculations. The delays on my part probably could not have been avoided, since I had to essentially invent some of the behind-the-scenes calculations and processes as the design progressed. Anthony was very patient and accommodating throughout the project.

Could you share any evidence that demonstrates the productivity, quality of work, or impact of the engagement?

The website itself is a testament to the stellar skills and abilities of the Motivo Media team!

How did Motivo Media perform from a project management standpoint?

I dealt exclusively and directly with Anthony, the founder. I functioned as a project manager for many years in my former career, so at each phase of the development, I wrote a set of comments for Anthony. Once a beta site was launched, I developed a "punch list" of comments. When the actual site was launched, I developed a second punch list. This documentation of wants & issues worked well for us.

What did you find most impressive about Motivo Media?

They had dozens of suggestions and ideas along the way, both for aesthetics and functionality, and I agreed with and adopted most of them. The final product would definitely not have been as great without their professional experience and input. I am in awe of the programmer's ability to create such a complex site in a very efficient manner! If Motivo can handle a site like this, they can handle just about anything!

Are there any areas Motivo Media could improve?

None come to mind. The whole process flowed smoothly. I have zero complaints.

Do you have any tips or recommendations for other prospective clients that might increase their success when working with Motivo Media?

Try to develop as much as possible – the ideas and concepts for how you would like your website to look and function – prior to any company beginning work on it. Make self-imposed schedules for the work you need to do regarding the site, and try to stick to them. Trust Anthony and the Motivo team's excellent creativity, marketing, and programming skills!

Overall Score The fact that I intend to use Motivo to upgrade the functions of my site in the future, as well as to develop additional sites for me, says it all. I would rather work with them again than with any other firm.
    Deadlines by both parties were not cast in stone, but were useful to keep the project moving. "Life gets in the way" sometimes. Overall, I am very pleased with the schedules.
    I have since found that the cost was very reasonable for the product I received, as compared to local, larger web development companies. I am very pleased.
    Now I understand how difficult it can be to take a person's ideas and concepts and develop them into a successful website product. Motivo Media knocked it out of the park!
    I believe that Motivo Media can develop even the most complex websites. I highly recommend them for their price and abilities. The team excels at all aspects of web design, to include marketing, graphics, and programming.

Web Design for Online Fashion Blog

"Motivo Media had some creative approaches and achieved a seamless result."

Motivo Media provided the end-to-end development of a fashion website. The team integrated inventory from various retailers to create a cohesive connection with the website. The work is nearly complete.

Dallas Metro Area
Suzy Hastedt
Founder, Shared.Style

Motivo Media had a good understanding of the project and its goals, provided unique, honest feedback, and served as a true business partner. The team has delivered quality work and offered valuable suggestions. They have met all deadlines and take great pride and interest in the project’s success.

shared.style is a website where users can post their own styles, get affiliate links, and earn prizes. It's a way for people shopping for different outfits to find items easily. I am the founder and president of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Motivo Media?

I had the idea behind the site and made some drawings of its look. I needed a developer that could build it.

Motivo Media built my website from scratch, based on my general ideas. I appreciated the feedback that Motivo Media was able to give, both on what would and what wouldn't work. It was very honest, and the process felt very collaborative.

How did you come to work with Motivo Media?

I interviewed several different companies. Motivo Media was able to understand what I was trying to do. I was able to meet their principal face-to-face during a trip to Chicago. He brought in numerous ideas and generally understood my goals. I described what I wanted to accomplish to a few other agencies, but we didn't click. I felt that Motivo Media would be a real partner for my business, not just someone that could build my website. I found Motivo Media on Angie's List, and interviewed 5-6 companies in total. Motivo Media had mid-range pricing.

How much have you invested with Motivo Media?

The total cost of Motivo Media's services has been between $30,000 and $40,000.

Motivo Media did a great job of coming back and fixing any issue. The work is 99% complete, but there are a few more things that I'd like to add.

Motivo Media was able to pull inventory from Amazon and other retailers, making a cohesive connection to my site. We weren't sure if this would be possible, but Motivo Media had some creative approaches and achieved a seamless result. The quality of Motivo Media's work was even better than I initially thought. Our designer made some suggestions for cleaning up the site and making it work better, which I found to be very helpful.

How did Motivo Media perform from a project management standpoint?

The project took longer than anticipated to complete, which was mainly my fault. This was just a website that I wanted to build, and it's not my main profession. I didn't offer Motivo Media my feedback in time, but they did a good job following up and hitting every timeline which we laid out.

The project has been in its final stages for a few months. I receive frequent emails from Motivo Media, asking me where I stand. It felt like Motivo Media took pride in the work and acted like a partner, wanting me to succeed.

What did you find most impressive about Motivo Media?

I felt that we had a collaborative effort. Motivo Media gave me honest feedback, instead of saying yes to everything. The other companies that I interviewed never gave their own ideas.

Are there any areas Motivo Media could improve?

Any issues were on my end. I tended to drag my feet.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with Motivo Media?

I would suggest that any client should try sticking to timelines better than I did. Motivo Media kept up their end of the bargain more than me.

Overall Score It was fun for me to see my idea come to life, and to do it through an actual partner. I liked that they checked in with me, gave great ideas, and created great designs. I'm continuing to work with Motivo Media on small tweaks.
    I was told what would be worked on within any timeline. I was usually the one delaying the work. Motivo Media always asked me for feedback before going forward.
    Motivo Media wasn't the least expensive option, but their value was better than companies that gave me quotes for double the amount.
    The work was clean, and Motivo Media gave their own ideas.
    I would recommend Motivo Media 100%. I've already referred them to my brother, who runs his own company.

Web Design for Criminal Defense Law Firm

"Motivo Media is good at knowing how to make something have a modern look."

Motivo Media developed an initial website and completed a subsequent update and redesign with a blog. They also produced a promotional video. The team continues to provide ongoing technical advice and support.

Detroit Metro Area
Aaron Boria
Attorney, Aaron J. Boria, PLLC

The website is fast and has received excellent feedback from industry colleagues. Motivo Media’s web marketing has increased business exponentially. The team designed unique, innovative details, such as an embedded video, and delivered proactive, responsive communication and project management.

I am a criminal defense attorney. I am the owner of the practice, handling everything from the actual practice of law, to marketing, bookkeeping, and other everyday operations.

What challenge were you trying to address with Motivo Media?

I wanted to acquire new clients and have a presence on the internet. I wanted to have a professional website that would also set me apart from other firms. I'm the sole practitioner, but I wanted to stand out even amongst the firms with millions of dollars in resources.

Motivo Media developed my website. I used them later on for an update which amounted to a complete redesign, including a blog with a few hundred articles. Motivo Media also produced a promotional video and images for me.

How did you come to work with Motivo Media?

I had seen some of the work done by Motivo Media and knew that they were hands-on with projects. I contacted their principal, and he seemed passionate about the work. There were a few other routes which I considered, but those companies treated me like another account to be opened and closed. Motivo Media's principal was on top of things and very quick to respond, even before I hired them.

How much have you invested with Motivo Media?

The total cost of Motivo Media's services has been between $4,000 and $5,000. The initial website had a much lower cost. I've used Motivo Media for more than one website, so the total cost is hard to determine. My site was always a work in progress. If something new was to come up, Motivo Media would let me know right away.

We still communicate regarding the website. If I ever run into something which I don't understand, or if I want to make an update, I can give Motivo Media a call. They've always thrown in bits of advice at no additional cost, which is nice.

The website built by Motivo Media went up very fast. Colleagues asked me who developed it, so they were obviously impressed. My business has grown exponentially, and this has been entirely due to web marketing. I wouldn't have a very successful business without my website.

Motivo Media embedded a video on my website, which was quite innovative at the time. They had general ideas for details that would separate me from competitors, which I didn't hear from other web development companies, who offered more cookie-cutter approaches.

How did Motivo Media perform from a project management standpoint?

Motivo Media was often ready to move on to the next step before I had completed my tasks. I had to provide certain information for the website, since I didn't expect them to know the specific terms and phrases which would be important for someone looking for my services. It was never hard to get a hold of Motivo Media, and they were always on top of things.

What did you find most impressive about Motivo Media?

Motivo Media is good at knowing how to make something have a modern look. This isn't something which can necessarily be learned. I cannot emphasize enough how quickly Motivo Media responded to me, including on weekends and after hours.

Are there any areas Motivo Media could improve?

I can't think of anything.

Any client should listen to Motivo Media's directions, and they'll be happy with the product.

From calling around, it seems to me that I could have definitely spent a lot more money without getting much more.
    I was happy with the website that I was given. It works great.
    I already have.

Web Design for Women's Footwear Designer

"The amount of depth [in professional services] that we've gotten from Motivo Media is crazy."

May 2016 - Ongoing

Motivo Media updated a novice website, specifically improving the SEO. The team offered a comprehensive, detailed, and forward-thinking solution ideal for a small business, and is now on monthly retainer.

Charlottesville, Virginia
CEO, Shoe Manufacturer

Revenue has increased substantially and Google reviews have increased from 1 to 29 in just over a month. Motivo Media impressed from the start with a sophisticated, challenging, and collaborative approach. The team continues to deliver consistent, professional results with a long-term vision.

OESHShoes.com has been a manufacturer and seller of footwear since 2011. I am the CEO and a member of the limited liability company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Motivo Media?

We ran a couple of true grassroots, flatfooted startup companies for which we cobbled together a website with information relevant to Google searches, specifically regarding products that people would be looking for. Over the last few years, we've done something which is not uncommon for entrepreneurships: having the friend of a friend "do" our website. We came to want something more professional and hopefully kick the game up a notch, as our business kept growing. This is how we came to work with Motivo Media.

We had almost no pulse on Google prior to working with Motivo Media, especially Google Product Ratings. Motivo Media presented more than a specific solution for this. We received a comprehensive email in response to what could be done for SEO. The answer wasn't only comprehensive, but also forward-thinking and very appealing to us.

How did you come to work with Motivo Media?

We looked at a few companies. My wife is the co-founder of the company, and she was the one who first reached out to Motivo Media. The extent of her inquiry was to state that we were looking to improve our SEO. Motivo Media sent her a very comprehensive email which reflected their competence. I was very skeptical in the beginning, but quickly came to see how hard a worker our contact from Motivo Media was. He had a willingness to challenge us in the right way, which is exactly what we were looking for. We were never spoon-fed, but rather had a level of sophistication in our collaboration which made a win-win situation possible.

How much have you invested with Motivo Media?

We pay $900 per month for Motivo Media's services, which is a very tolerable cost for us. When I consider what other companies pay for professional services versus what they receive, the amount of depth that we've gotten from Motivo Media is crazy.

We started working with Motivo Media in early May 2016. Our work is ongoing. They've done a brilliant job with the site, and we're now growing some new creative ideas.

By necessity, I'm a very tough grader, but Motivo Media is truly an A+ company. Our revenues are up substantially, and we're only beginning to see results. We needed sophisticated people with an eye for the long-term goal, which is where Motivo Media excels.

Our Google reviews went from 1 to 29 in about a month and a half. A specific task was to take up an area where we hadn't had exposure. We've seen how critical this was, because Google reviews are seen as legitimate voices. Going from 1 to 29 reviews and having them be stellar, but not ridiculously sugar-coated as to seem inauthentic, is a great example of what Motivo Media has done for us.

How did Motivo Media perform from a project management standpoint?

Every task that was put on the plate for Motivo Media will get done in time, which is a lovely change, compared to our previous online marketing person.

What did you find most impressive about Motivo Media?

I appreciated Motivo Media's depth of understanding for our business process, and being technologically-savvy enough as to know what a small company needs in order to grow. Motivo Media put this into a modern context.

We compete in the shoe market, which is a 50-billion-dollar business in the US. The barriers to entry are deceiving; it can seem that anyone can start a shoe company, but the logistics of actually distributing the product is a daunting task, when trying to compete with behemoth footwear companies. We needed to be modern and state-of-the-art, operating a fully electronic business. Motivo Media has made us feel comfortable that we are, in fact, state-of-the-art, which is a feeling that we never had before.

Are there any areas Motivo Media could improve?

I have no complaints. Motivo Media's principal is an entrepreneur as well, and we were okay with giving him a lot of room to maneuver and use his judgement. He's been exceedingly professional.

Overall Score The way in which they've encouraged specific ideas was quite granular and effective. The most important part is where the rubber meets the road, which is definitely working with Motivo Media.
    Motivo Media will put a plan together, tell us when it will get done, and it will get done on time.