Developing Impact.

Gold

Moove It is a leading software development company that designs, develops, and deploys custom solutions for organizations that want to make an impact through technology. Offering partnerships that go beyond technology, Moove It developers work collaboratively with clients to build superior digital experiences for global advancement.

Moove It provides web and mobile application development, enterprise product consulting, and software development services for a variety of industries, including finance, education, healthcare, and IoT. Founded in 2006, Moove It has offices in San Francisco, Austin, Texas, and Montevideo, Uruguay.

2006
Austin, TX

Our loyal brands include: Unilever - Verifone - BAMTECH Media - Sierra Wireless - Catapult Health - YouScience - MapRight - Bancard - PrescribeWellness - QuantumIOT

Bringing preventive health services to workspaces - Catapult Health

Catapult Health is a national healthcare practice that brings preventive checkups to worksites at about half the cost compared to in-office checkups. Working directly with employers, Catapult Health uses a mobile lab equipment set up on employers’ premises to conduct tests and facilitate clinical consultations for patients without the need to visit a doctor’s office.

At Moove It, we believe that technology is a force

for good; our focus is to keep working with companies like Catapult Health to make a real, positive impact on people’s lives through innovative technology.

Improving personal banking experiences - Bancard Image

Improving personal banking experiences - Bancard

Bancard is transforming the way Paraguayans access financial services and manage their own finances, and Moove It is proud to be a part of that. Our focus is to keep working with companies that make positive impacts on people’s lives through innovative technology.

moove-it.com/work/bancard

Managing the complexity of pharmacies - PrescribeWellness Image

Managing the complexity of pharmacies - PrescribeWellness

Moove It and PrescribeWellness continue to work together, launching new features and enabling pharmacies around the United States to deliver valuable services to patients. The desire to make positive impacts is the driving force behind Moove It, and projects like this demonstrate that we do that on a daily basis. By partnering with purposeful organizations like PrescribeWellness, we are confident that we can continue to make

the world a better place.

moove-it.com/work/prescribewellness

Delivering direct to consumer video at scale - BAMTECH Media Image

Delivering direct to consumer video at scale - BAMTECH Media

The popularity of streaming services is evidence of the importance of BAMTECH’s work in this space. Moove It is excited that its expertise is helping to make this a reality. We believe that technology is a force for good and our focus is to keep working with companies like BAMTECH to make a real, positive impact on people’s lives through innovative technology.

moove-it.com/our-work

Mapping Made Easy - MapRight

MapRight is a provider of a mapping application for web and mobile use. Mapping is a critical element of successful transactions for real estate agents and land managers as location drives the real estate industry. MapRight provides an intuitive and easy‑to‑use GIS interface for non‑professionals to create quality maps.

In delivering innovative solutions to complex problems, Moove It supports strategic growth at

MapRight and in the process, makes a real, positive impact on people’s lives. Our focus is to keep working with companies that use technology as a force for good.

moove-it.com/work/mapright

Building the next IOT Platform - QuantumIOT

QuantumIOT is an IoT services firm that provides  end to end solutions for commercial and business applications for various industries. They offer a secure and scalable cloud platform which can handle many devices from verticals such as home automation, fleet tracking, alarm systems, tank monitoring, and supply chain optimization.

Moove It is committed to equipping business with the innovative technologies they need in

order to make a positive impact on people’s lives. Our partnership with QuantumIOT is just one way we are doing this.

moove-it.com/work/quantum

Translating talents into real world careers - YouScience Image

Translating talents into real world careers - YouScience

Through an innovative tool, YouScience is empowering students and schools to navigate the challenging area of career choice with ease and greater accuracy than was possible before.

Moove It is proud to be an integral part of this, knowing that our expertise is helping to lay a foundation for a happier and more fulfilled generation of students who are guided to the right career

opportunities.

moove-it.com/work/youscience

Consulting Services & Development for Loyalty Platform

“Their database, software development, and AWS skills are fantastic.”

Nov. 2018 - Ongoing

Moove It provided consulting services to a loyalty platform as they acquired a company and their app. They then developed a high-volume transaction system with a mobile wallet, database, and API system.

Seattle, Washington
CTO, Loyalty Platform

Their excellent performance and integration with the in-house team has supplemented continued engagement. They deliver on time and on budget, satisfying internal stakeholders and third-party clients. The team manages projects seamlessly by communicating well, having daily standups, and using Jira.

I’m the CTO at a publicly traded company in the US.

What challenge were you trying to address with Moove It?

We’d acquired a company and wanted a consulting company to help us take over the operations of their software platform. In particular, we needed help with the loyalty app, which is built on a Heroku and Ruby on Rails stack. We didn’t have Heroku or Ruby expertise in-house.

Moove It provided their expertise and helped us take over operations. They also did additional development to implement new features.

Subsequently, we had another project for a large sandwich chain. Moove It had done so well with the integration work that we chose them as our development partner on this project. The project just launched, and we’ve been pleased with the results so far. Moove It helped build a mobile wallet, database, and API system.

They’ve built everything in AWS using common Amazon stacks like Aurora Relational Database Service (RDS), Elastic Container Service (ECS), and Elastic Load Balancer (ELB). They did quite a bit of automation in the pipeline as well.

I believe we’ve worked with at least six people. Typically, it’s a core team of about four members, and then others join when we need additional expertise in specific areas.

How did you come to work with Moove It?

We’ve found them to be very technically advanced and highly skilled. They were the most competent consulting organization that we interviewed. In the process of working with them, we still think that’s the case.

We began working with them in November 2018, and it’s ongoing.

We were able to successfully deliver this project on time and budget for the client. It is a very high-volume transaction system; we see around 4,000 transactions a minute. We have additional work coming up that we intend to continue to use Moove It for.

How did Moove It perform from a project management standpoint?

The project management on their end is fantastic. They’re easy to work with, and communication is excellent. We have very tight coordination, and they’re like an in-house team. We don’t view them as an external company, but rather a bunch of people that are working on the same team to deliver the product to the client.

We worked on an agile schedule. During the busiest period of development, we had standups every morning at 8:30. We started off the day communicating about projects. We had shared Jira systems and collaborated to create tickets, which we then worked on together.

Their database, software development, and AWS skills are fantastic. They were a perfect match for the project.

Early on in the project, there was some turnover as people came on and off of the project. It’s hard to say whether that is a pro or a con, since you want to find the right people to fill those roles. It would be nice if we found the right people earlier without some of the misses, but again, it is great that we eventually found the right people. It is hard to say whether that is a negative.

We find them to be competitively priced. The reason to go with Moove It is that they are good, not because they are cheap.

Overall Score I don't have any complaints.
    There were no problems.
    No one is perfect.
    We are very likely to recommend them, but we don’t want other people taking up all their capacity.

Scheduling App Prototype Design & Development for Startup

“The way they were able to take an idea all the way to an actual product was really impressive.”

May - Aug. 2019

Moove it performed end-to-end design and development of the MVP of a startup for a scheduling application. They discussed the idea and its ideal capabilities before making suggestions and building the product.

Laredo, Texas
Founder, Startup

The product delivered has satisfied all project requirements and is allowing the client to present their idea to potential investors. The Moove It team worked very collaboratively, suggesting ideas for improvements and incorporating feedback on the way to the final solution.

Currently, I own a real estate brokerage and development company, but they are helping me with an idea for a startup that would be an entirely new company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Moove It?

They helped me design an MVP of my idea so that I could get it in front of venture capitalists and get seed money to build the startup.

The put together the basic prototype of the program, so they did everything from frontend development, to designing functionalities, all from my basic idea. I sat down with them and they said they could design it, but they also gave me a lot of tips on the expansion of the features. They really helped me flesh out the idea with what they thought people would be interested in as well.

Once I’ve started to receive funding from investors, I’d like to work with them on the full-scale development as well, and we’ve talked about how we would go about that. The product is a scheduling app in a very basic sense, so the plan is to make it work across desktop, iOS, and Android.

My main point of contact there was Rafael (Team Leader, Moove It), but whenever we had our meetings it was always the two of us plus Martin (Software Engineer, Moove It) and Guzman (Designer, Moove It). They had a team of developers operating in the background, but I didn’t interact directly with them.

How did you come to work with Moove It?

They were referred to me by somebody I knew through college who does this kind of work on the marketing side. He knew both parties and thought that we would be a good fit, so I called them and visited, and everything seemed to work out well.

I’ve invested in the $10,000 to $15,000 range so far.

I started working with them in May 2019 and we wrapped up the project in August.

They took my basic idea and really expanded on it, made it better, and then made it happen. They were able to accomplish everything very quickly, and I’m very pleased with what we’ve accomplished so far.

How did Moove It perform from a project management standpoint?

They were able to keep me really focused on specific parts of the app, which was very helpful for me because I have a lot of different ideas but little direction for how to get started on them.

We established a really good balance of input from them and deference to me that allowed us to get feedback all the time without getting off track.

They were very concise, and very down to earth when it came to establishing goals and sticking to them. Without that, it would have been a much longer and more expensive project, for sure.

The way they were able to take an idea all the way to an actual product was really impressive. In my mind, it seemed to be such a daunting prospect, and they tackled the challenge with ease.

Nothing comes to my mind on what they could have done better.

I would just suggest that you sit back and listen. Let them do their job. If you try to be too managerial and insist that they design exactly what you’re telling them to, it’s not going to work out as well or be as enjoyable as if you are willing to listen and trust them to do what’s best for the final product.

Mobile App MVP for Recovery Company

"They’re a responsive, professional group that lets me offer feedback around the clock."

Oct. 2018 - Ongoing

Moove It has helped create three MVPs for an iOS and Android application. Their services include design, UX testing, and feature development.

Austin, Texas
Arlo Burgos
Founder, StarterHome

The vendor delivered high-quality MVPs on an efficient timeline. They are an accountable team with a straightforward approach to solving problems. Moove It is adept at prioritizing tasks and remaining focused on main objectives. Their ability to explain technical concepts is a strength.

I’m the founder of StarterHome, a company in the recovery industry. We use technology to solve problems associated with substance abuse disorders.

What challenge were you trying to address with Moove It?

I needed a provider to create an MVP that would validate whether or not a suspected problem existed. Then, I wanted them to design a platform to solve that problem.

They supported the creation of three MVPs for a mobile application on iOS and Android platforms.

They helped with ideation and design, creating wireframes to transform our idea into a mobile solution. Moove It also implemented user experience testing and helped me validate the product in the market.

Their development work encompassed the creation of app functionalities such as GPS, search, chat, ratings and bookings features, and account login and registration.

Rafael (Team Leader, Moove It) has been phenomenal. I also worked with Mauricio (Native Mobile Developer, Moove It) and Jasmine (Senior Mobile Developer, Moove It).

Conrado (CEO, Moove It) has a way of pulling things together. He has a lot of experience with building platforms, and he’s great at prioritizing tasks.

How did you come to work with Moove It?

We cold-called them, and they were willing to listen to my idea. I got to know the CEO and felt comfortable with the team. I could tell they viewed it as an important project rather than a small task. As a first-time entrepreneur, I wasn’t their ideal customer because they prefer clients who have their finances in place. However, they still wanted to work with me, and that made their services more attractive.

We’ve invested $70,000 with the team.

We started working together in October 2018, and the work is ongoing.

The way they drove this project forward was remarkable. They deliver high quality, efficient work without wasting any time.

How did Moove It perform from a project management standpoint?

We were always on the same page, and everything was completed in a timely manner. They’re a responsive, professional group that lets me offer feedback around the clock. We collaborate via Slack, and the developers are always eager to communicate. Whenever we get bogged down in time-consuming details, Moove It helps us shift gears to stay on task.

They’ve taken ownership of any issues (e.g. internal team changes, issues, or delayed tasks). They recognize the problem, discuss it with me, and make changes accordingly. Working with them is a pleasant process, even when we encounter challenges.

They know their limitations and what they’re capable of. I trusted their abilities because they didn’t claim to be an expert in everything. Whenever they weren’t sure how to do something, they’d research it and then pull other specialists for the task.

Even though I was unfamiliar with a lot of the technical details, Moove It was very patient with me. In particular, Rafael excels at speaking with laymen about technical subjects. He understands my needs, addresses them, and then brings my ideas to life.

The biggest challenge was the distance between us, as I like to meet people in-person and some of the coders were from Uruguay. Since the remote work was unknown to me, it made me a little uncomfortable. However, I can’t blame them for that. If I had a choice to work with coders in the states, I’d have chosen that.

Potential clients should keep their internal executive leadership in the loop. In particular, the leaders should maintain an open line of communication with the coders. These upper-level employees will manage the project’s progress more efficiently than someone with less technical experience.

Web Prototype Dev for Biking Startup

“They found a good balance between giving advice and steering us in the right direction without overpowering our ideas.”

Moove It is developing an MVP for a bike sourcing web platform. After an in-depth discovery phase, Moove It completed the user stories and prototype designs. They’re now starting on development.

Boise, Idaho
Owner, Bike vs Bike LLC

Although the project is still in its early stages, Moove It’s UX/UI design is well-aligned with the client’s vision. The team works methodically, using a range of tools to ensure a smooth workflow. Their pricing structure makes them cost-friendly for startups without sacrificing on technical skill.

I’m the owner of Bike vs Bike LLC. We’re an emerging startup that strives to be the go-to online source for securing mountain bikes.

What challenge were you trying to address with Moove It?

Although we’re a startup, we needed a web platform that was more robust than a template-based WordPress site. Our goal was to build a custom application that would be the basis for our operation. Moove It joined the project to develop the prototype and eventually build out the MVP.

We discussed our idea with Moove It, going through how the platform would look, identifying the user stories, and defining the requirements for an MVP. Following the discovery phase, they worked iteratively to create a prototype of the UI/UX and are now beginning development.

I’ve worked with an initial relationship manager and a project manager who also acts as our designer. Recently, they’ve introduced me to two developers who will oversee the next phases.

How did you come to work with Moove It?

I was looking for an agency that was willing to provide more advanced development services to a startup. Most companies I looked at would either only work from WordPress templates or only took enterprise-level projects.

Eventually, I found Moove It on Clutch and liked their pricing structure. They had strong client samples, and their past projects seemed more sophisticated than other similarly priced developers.

We’ve spent about $10,000 so far for the design, but the total cost of the project will likely be around $80,000.

Their work started in November 2018 and is ongoing.

The prototype looks great, and I’m sure that the final product will meet our vision so long as they code it faithfully.

How did Moove It perform from a project management standpoint?

Overall, the team is responsive and communicates well. Since some of their resources are in Uruguay, we hold our calls early in the morning to accommodate the time differences. Our project management tools include Google Docs, Google Meet, and Google Hangout. For the design phase, they sent us drafts through InVision, which allowed us to easily interact with the prototype and make changes.

They’re strong listeners who don’t try to force us to do things a certain way. They found a good balance between giving advice and steering us in the right direction without overpowering our ideas.

No, not that I can see.

Software Prototype Design for Healthcare Startup

“Moove It's deliverables have turned out better than we anticipated thus far.”

July. 2018 - Ongoing

Moove It is developing a cloud-based case management application, including an initial prototype built on InVision.

Austin, Texas
Brand Newland
CEO, Goldfinch Health

Moove It successfully delivered a high-quality prototype on time and within budget, despite the additional round of work requested. In addition to exceeding expectations, their team is easy to work with, communicative, and very proactive in their approach. Their additional input has been invaluable.

I'm the CEO and co-founder of Goldfinch Health, a company that helps employees of self-insured employers in the US take advantage of an approach referred to as enhanced recovery.

What challenge were you trying to address with Moove It?

We engaged Moove It to help us develop a case management application. Our platform would support occupational health nurses in tracking employees through disability periods, creating cases and scheduling follow-ups to ensure employees are staying on a path towards a recovery plan.

Moove It is developing a cloud-based software application for use on tablets, delivering a prototype designed through InVision.

I work with about five people, including designers, developers, and a couple of staff in leadership roles.

How did you come to work with Moove It?

One of their founders is based locally in Austin, Texas, so I was able to meet with him personally when I started searching for developers. I felt comfortable working with their team because they seemed to understand our business, our target market, and the challenges we face. They had previous experience developing similar technologies within the healthcare industry and—since they're based in South America—they also offer competitive rates.

We've invested just under $100,000.

We've been working together since July 2018, and the relationship is ongoing. We're in somewhat of a holding stage at the moment, but they were able to deliver our first set of mockups for a conference in the first week of September.

Moove It's deliverables have turned out better than we anticipated thus far. They've successfully brought our concept and vision to life, which has been a huge milestone for our company. We're very impressed with the quality of the work and their ability to incorporate additional ideas without taking away from our overall vision.

How did Moove It perform from a project management standpoint?

They've done a good job of executing on time and communicating directly to us as needed. When we proposed new ideas and changed the scope of work, they were very flexible and redesigned much of the work they'd already done without negatively impacting our deadline.

We mostly communicate through Slack, Google Hangout, and Zoom meetings. InVision has also been a useful tool because it allows us to view mockups throughout the process.

They do a great job of incorporating our feedback and providing their own input where they feel it would improve outcomes. It's been a very productive engagement overall.

No. We had a few issues involving formatting differences between the US and South America at first, but we were able to overcome those barriers very quickly.

They met an important deadline despite the additional round of major changes we requested.
    They deliver top-notch work for a competitive price.
    They provided high-quality, timely work with the added value of their own input.

Platform Prototype for Social Innovation Festival

“They met all deadlines and communicated well.”

Apr. 2018 -

Moove It built the first version of a bespoke networking platform for an international event.

Chile
Director, Social Innovation Festival

The prototype helped clarify the project scope and goals. The Moove It team was communicative and reliable, but needs improvement in terms of creativity.

I am the executive manager at an international social innovation festival held in Chile. We mix music with content to connect with people.

What challenge were you trying to address with Moove It?

They helped us develop a prototype.

They used InVision to create our platform, which allows users to connect with each other.

We worked with two persons from their team.

How did you come to work with Moove It?

They were recommended by someone I really trust.

We spent $10,000 on their services.

We started working with them in April 2018. At the moment, we are analyzing the budget to decide if we would continue with the project.

They helped us understand the scope of the project. We now have a baseline and an idea of where we want to go.

How did Moove it perform from a project management standpoint?

They met all deadlines and communicated well. We had meetings over Skype.

We liked their personal approach.

I think they are good at developing software, but they could still improve in terms of innovation.

Web & App Development for Credit Card Processing Company

“Compared with other companies in the region, they’re better.”

2012 - Ongoing

Moove It provides software development services, building the frontend and service parts of a payment processing system, using Ruby on Rails and native app dev. They continue to assist on a consultation basis.

Asunción, Paraguay
Digital Manager, Credit Card Processing Company

Their development work produced excellent results, with their skilled developers providing a precise and useful platform. They manage the project effectively and present interesting proposals throughout the collaboration, though could maintain the same team to ensure smoother workflow.

I’m a developer, coordinating the digital services department of a credit card processing company, specifically the digital services department.

What challenge were you trying to address with Moove It?

One of the services our company offers is invoice collection and we needed software to process payments for business.

They developed software used by business to process payments, working on the frontend and the services parts. The backend was worked on in-house.

We also have an end-user solution which is a payment portal. Users can pay for services without having to go through a physical, specific payment point.

They used Ruby on Rails and native mobile app development for Android and iOS for the portal and its platform.

Though it changes, we’ve had a team of five developers.

How did you come to work with Moove It?

A technology manager from Uruguay started the relationship with them, and we found them from there.

We spend around $30,000 per month.

We started working with them in 2012 and our collaboration is ongoing.

We have a very high opinion of them. Compared with other companies in the region, they’re better. They have a great methodology and are very precise and methodical. Their technical knowledge is also great and on top of the deliverables they give us, they provide us with extra knowledge and education.

Any time they find an issue, they provide us with different solutions and their recommendations. On top of that, they participate in the development of new products and services on a consultation basis. In general, we’re very happy with them and I believe they provide us with great added value.

How did Moove It perform from a project management standpoint?

We use Jira as a project management tool and they present proposals using InVision. We have weekly calls to communicate, and then every two weeks after each sprint. We also use Slack for daily communication.

They’re great as consultants—we always come to them to discuss new ideas, products, and projects. They’re not just a software factory that complies with specifications, they always provide an extra value. They’re also great at time management and are aware of the importance of meeting deadlines.

They could have less rotation on their personnel. I understand it’s inevitable for the nature of a software factory, but sometimes it affects us as we might lose a developer that was already at a senior position and get a junior that has to learn all over our processes.

App Development for Commercial Real Estate Staffing Company

“They were patient about re-explaining things for me and putting the explanations into words I could understand.”

Feb. 2018 - Ongoing

Moove It rebooted product development on a cross-platform app after a previous contractor failed to come through. They’re building the app in React Native, using Ruby on Rails to construct the back end.

Dallas, Texas
Cody Allen
CEO, Stafapp LLC

Moove It’s staff has handled the development process smoothly via diligent, transparent communication. Professional and personable, they interface well even with non-technical individuals and provide detailed invoices for their work.

I’m the CEO of Stafapp. We’re a staffing and database platform for the commercial due diligence and real estate vertical.

What challenge were you trying to address with Moove It?

I was looking for someone to help me realize my business concept after a bad experience with a previous developer forced me to start the project over.

They handled the entire product development for our platform, which gives people the ability to locate and hire professional consultants for projects with tight deadlines. Our goal was to shorten that process to require only a single button click instead of coordinating through phone calls or emails. Moove It helped us automate the process, using Ruby on Rails for the backend and React Native to build mobile apps for iOS and Android.

There were three developers who worked on the whole project with us, but, at some points, there were as many as 10.

How did you come to work with Moove It?

They’d already been on my list from previous searches, and they had an office here in Texas. I called and asked them to take over as soon as I’d gotten my money back from the previous contractor.

We’ve spent over $100,000 so far.

We started working together in February 2018, and the project is ongoing.

They’re very transparent about their process and any challenges that come up, whether it’s on their end or ours. They’ve also been flexible and accommodating to us as a small, busy startup. Even when I can’t get back to them within 24–48 hours, they’re always patient and tackle other elements of the project until I can respond.

How did Moove It perform from a project management standpoint?

They communicate extremely well about the process. We always know how much longer it’s going to take. I had access to their internal Agile system, although I’ve never looked at it because they also send weekly invoices of how much time they spent on different elements of the project. I’m always aware of what’s happening.

They’re personable and easy to communicate with. Even with their technical expertise, they were patient about re-explaining things for me and putting the explanations into words I could understand. They’ve also done a great job with the development so far.

We ran into a language barrier at first, but that was the only issue. The learning curve there lasted a couple of weeks until we figured out how to talk to each other so that everyone could understand the tasks and project goals.

Platform Design & Dev for Online Education company

“They've done exceptionally well in designing a site that's user-friendly and aesthetically pleasing.”

Feb. 2018 - Ongoing

Moove It designed and developed a web-based educational platform, using MongoDB and JavaScript. They continue to maintain the site and add new features as needed.

Raleigh, North Carolina
CTO, Grammarplanet

Moove It delivered a website that's exceeded expectations. It's both attractive and user-friendly. Their team's responsiveness and flexibility sets them apart. They're not only affordable, but easy and fun to work with overall.

I'm the CTO of Grammarplanet, an online education company that teaches grammar.

What challenge were you trying to address with Moove It?

My partner and I wanted to convert our program from a print format to an interactive web-based program.

Moove It designed and developed our web-based educational program from scratch, using MongoDB and variations of JavaScript. They continue to add new features and content as needed.

We work with a few designers and developers, as well as a project manager.

How did you come to work with Moove It?

I engaged a couple different vendors that had positive reviews on Clutch, and ultimately decided to work with Moove It based on their experience and portfolio of work. They also responded very well to our RFP and were reasonably priced. Because they had offices both in the US and in South America, we were able to negotiate a better rate by working with team members from both of their locations.

We've invested about $70,000 thus far.

We started working with them in February 2018, and the relationship is ongoing.

The website essentially is our business, so their work has been invaluable. They've done exceptionally well in designing a site that's user-friendly and aesthetically pleasing. Their team has also done an excellent job in understanding our needs and goals, and the site turned out better than we envisioned.

How did Moove It perform from a project management standpoint?

They've been flexible as we've made changes to the scope of work, and very responsive from the start. Any issues with miscommunications or transitioning of members on their team were dealt with relatively quickly and easily. They're also very nice and accommodating overall.

They work in sprints and use standard tools for tracking projects, including Google Docs and some of their own internal tools.

They have been and continue to be a pleasure to work with. Despite the fact that the majority of their Uruguay office staff's first language isn't English, we haven't had any language barrier issues.

There were times when they could've performed more testing, but because they relied on me to fully to test everything, they missed a few simple fixes unnecessarily.

Platform Development for Online Aptitude Test

"I was very happy with the quality of work we got from Moove-It."

Feb. 2015 - Ongoing

Moove-It was contracted to quickly overhaul a career assessment platform for high school and college students. Core tasks include Ruby on Rails and Angular JS development, frontend work, and testing.

Nashville, Tennessee
Former Head of Engineering, Online Aptitude Test

The assigned team has delivered high-quality code and is proactive at finding areas to improve. Daily communication ensured a successful product, and they ultimately feel like a part of the company. Moove-it has never missed a deadline and remains responsive and attentive with ongoing work.

I was head of engineering at a decision-making platform for high school and early college students. We did a battery of aptitude assessments and ran the scores from those assessments through a career-matching algorithm in order to provide recommendations on the careers at which the students might be good and to help them make decisions about their education.

What challenge were you trying to address with Moove-It?

We had an existing product but needed to continue to make changes in response to customer feedback. We needed to get started with that very quickly. Rather than hiring people in-house, we engaged with Moove-It to get going quickly.

Moove-It helped us with Ruby on Rails development, as well as AngularJS. They also did a lot of frontend development. They helped us overhaul our look and feel throughout the entire process. The design came from a separate agency, and Moove-It was in charge of the development. We did do some testing together, but the marketing was all handled separately. It was full lifecycle development, so they worked together with us and the designers to generate requirements, do the development, and handle testing.

How did you come to work with Moove-It?

I worked with them at a previous job.

How much have you invested with Moove-It?

I don’t have that information.

We started working together about two years ago, and the relationship is ongoing.

I was very happy with the quality of work we got from Moove-It, both from the individual code level as well as the attention from the people responsible for managing our account. They were always monitoring the engagement and finding places where they could do more. They figured out how to adjust the process to deliver faster. I’m very satisfied with them.

How did Moove-It perform from a project management standpoint?

We did well. There were situations where something grew larger than we expected, but we were engaged as if the employees at Moove-It were part of our team. We communicated together more than daily and managed the process and deliverables as a team.

What did you find most impressive about Moove-It?

They were able to start right away, which was important for us. We had occasions where they lost a team member, or we needed to change our scale, and they were very responsive to that.

Are there any areas Moove-It could improve?

I can’t pick out anything.

I don’t think we missed a deadline.
    There are cheaper agencies with the same skills. Their schedule and project management made up for that cost.
    There was the occasional situation where we had to revisit things, but it was very good overall.
    They have particular skills, and they’re very good at certain kinds of projects. If someone had a project that met those skills, I would absolutely recommend them.

Gold