Mobile & Web Development

MonkeyTech designs and develops mobile and web apps and works with entrepreneurs, startups, investors and companies from around the world.

Founded in 2012 by graduates of Mamram (the IDF’s Elite Computer Division) and the Tel Aviv University Film Department, MonkeyTech specializes in creating products that combine the art of User Experience and advanced technology - our areas of expertise. The company currently employs 30 trained monkeys: creative professionals, product managers, product experts, UX & UI designers, server-side developers and iPhone, Android and web developers.

Service Offerings:

LivePerson Image

LivePerson

Web Development

Native Apps Development

LivePerson is a publicly held, global technology company that develops conversational commerce and AI software. The company's mission is to "make life easier by transforming how people communicate with brands.

Car2Go Image

Car2Go

Car2go was one of the first companies in Israel to enter the “hot” field of cooperative vehicle sharing. We’re happy to create an application that will enable customers to easily use the car sharing service in a simple, fast and convenient way. Some great features include- Finding, reserving, locking/unlocking car, paying and much more by the touch of a button. Design & Development by Monkeytech.

Healthy.io Image

Healthy.io

iOS Native Swift Development

Smartphone clinical urinalysis. Early detection of CKD & UTI. Prenatal monitoring . FDA-cleared and CE-approved home test equivalent to lab-based devices.

Chegg Image

Chegg

Chegg, Inc. is an American education technology company based in Santa Clara, California, that used to specialize in online textbook rentals, and has moved into homework help, online tutoring, scholarships and internship matching.

Bank Hapoalim Image

Bank Hapoalim

iOS & Android Native apps developement for the biggest bank in Israel.

STDNT SHARE Image

STDNT SHARE

UX/UI Design

Web Development

Mobile Native Apps development

WoodSpoon Image

WoodSpoon

Order Authentic & Healthy Food From Local Cooks On Demand At Your Doorstep.

UX/UI

Mobile App Dev - Swift&Kotlin

FullStack - Node.js / Ruby

Azrieli Image

Azrieli

Mysize inc Image

Mysize inc

A unique app for the public company MySize. Sizeup's app is based on the company's unique measurement algorithm and allows everyone to measure anything even if you don't have a meter available! You can measure, take photos and save all your measurements in one place with just your phone and in a convenient, simple and easy way. Characterization, design and development by Monkeytech.

Ontopo Image

Ontopo

UX/UI + Frontend

Ontopo Israel is an affiliate of Ontopo Worldwide - hosting software and customer management for restaurants, bars and clubs. Helped with design and development services.

Museum of the Jewish People at Beit Hatfutsot Image

Museum of the Jewish People at Beit Hatfutsot

UX/UI & Development of various native apps & website for the Museum of the Jewish People at Beit Hatfutsot

World Jewish Travel Image

World Jewish Travel

UX/UI + Website Development - Front&Back

World Jewish Travel (WJT) is a unique non-profit organisation which provides an innovative and comprehensive digital platform to promote Jewish cultural travel and help users discover and experience Jewish heritage around the world.

Kazooloo Image

Kazooloo

Backend + Unity Development + Designs

Kazooloo is an augmented reality video game powered by a mobile app and a physical game board.

NPL TECH Image

NPL TECH

Backend - Ruby on Rails & Node.js

Frontend - React.js

iOS - Swift

NPL Manager® Platform allows NPL Investors to work smarter by providing them advanced technology to manage their notes securely, connect to service providers digitally, submit work orders and track task completion all in real-time.

Exelot Image

Exelot

Exelot brings global market places, e-retailers and logistics platforms a new standard for cross-border shipping and delivery.

www.exelot.com

Fullstack development - Node.js / Ruby

Fronetend - React.js

Native App Dev for Vehicle Sharing Company

"Their skills in native programming make them stand out."

Jan. 2015 - Ongoing

MonkeyTech developed a native client-facing application for a vehicle sharing company. They also assisted with UX/UI design. The team continues performing maintenance support.

Netanya, Israel
CTO, Vehicle Sharing Company

The team at MonkeyTech developed an application that's unique in its market. While the client started an in-house team, MonkeyTech still is a trusted partner. Their technical support is efficient and effective.

Since March 2017, I’ve been the CTO of a vehicle sharing company that was established in 2009. After 2018, we started offering services in Europe.

I established the technical department. Before that, all company technology was managed by outside suppliers. When I arrived, I hired developers and ended collaborations with all our suppliers at the time, except MonkeyTech.

What challenge were you trying to address with MonkeyTech?

MonkeyTech has been our development supplier for the native client-facing apps we offer.

MonkeyTech provided the initial design and development. They’re currently in charge of our most widely-used app, which was built natively for Android and iOS facilities, sharing services within the municipality of Tel Aviv. The team implements all changes to the app.

They had senior UX/UI designers and developers in charge of the initial project.

How did you come to work with MonkeyTech?

While I wasn’t working with them back then, I know as a publicly-traded company, we’re obliged to gather 3–5 price offers from different companies.

We’ve spent around $500,000 with them throughout the years.

We started working with MonkeyTech in early 2015. After we established an in-house technical department, we’re still working with them now, just at a lower volume through maintenance support.

The impact of MonkeyTech’s work was huge. The app they made was unique in the Israeli market, and it gave us a real advantage.

We were happy with their services, but we’ve grown over the past year and gotten a bit of investment, so we wanted everything to be in-house. Still, we could’ve said goodbye to MonkeyTech entirely, but we’re keeping them on for the app they developed in the first place.

How did MonkeyTech perform from a project management standpoint?

We’re happy with everything they’ve done. There was never a time when we needed something done fast, and they couldn’t deliver.

Their skills in native programming make them stand out. The UX/UI design was a joint venture, and their team did a great job there as well.

We’re technical, and it’s easier for technical people to be in contact with other technical people.

MonkeyTech can also take on full projects, but we worked in a hybrid mode, so having technical knowledge was very important in our collaboration with them.

There were times when we paid below market value.
    I recommend them all the time.

Web Platform Development for Digital Marketing Company

"They delivered exactly what I needed."

MonkeyTech developed a web platform for a digital marketing company. They continue to provide development support.

CEO, Digital Marketing Agency

The website that MonkeyTech built runs smoothly and satisfies the needs of customers. The team was professional and responsive throughout the project and continues to be so.

I’m the CEO of a digital marketing company.

What challenges were you trying to address with MonkeyTech?

We needed to develop a web platform to serve our clients.

They built the whole collaboration from scratch, including development and design. I talked to them about my ideas, and they helped me execute.

I’m working with the CEO and several developers.

How did you come to work with MonkeyTech?

I found them on Google. In our initial meeting, I was impressed by their professionalism, so I decided to hire them.

We’ve invested between $60,000–$70,000.

We started working together about a year and a half ago, and our work is ongoing.

The platform is working, people are happy, and I have all the features I need on my website. I don’t have anything to compare the new website too, but I think it’s good. There are always things to improve, but we’re constantly working together to optimize the site.

How did MonkeyTech perform from a project management standpoint?

I think their project management is good. They’re responsive and things run smoothly. We have meetings and phone calls to communicate, in addition to email. We also use Trello to track the project.

They delivered exactly what I needed. The website is what I imagined before we even started the project.

There are always things to improve, but I can’t put my finger on a specific thing.

Be prepared in terms of having your specifications ready in advance. I wish I had been more prepared when we started. I felt like I was in good hands throughout the process though, even though I don’t have a technical background.

Complete Mobile App Dev for Food Delivery Service

“They’re in the top tier of companies in this industry.”

Mar. 2019 - Ongoing

MonkeyTech developed a local food delivery app for iOS and Android. They designed each screen’s functionality. From there, they used Ruby on Rails for the backend, connected APIs, and created cloud storage.

Oren Saar
Co-Founder & CEO, WoodSpoon

MonkeyTech built a high-quality app. They created a solid business relationship by building direct communication channels between their partners and the developers. They were able to complete the project quickly and they continue to provide fantastic service.

I’m the founder and CEO of WoodSpoon. We built a marketplace for local cooks to share food with local diners. So everybody can join the platform and upload what they are making. And we facilitate the logistics from delivery, payment, insurance, packaging. Everything goes through us.

What challenge were you trying to address with MonkeyTech?

When we started the business, we thought that more people are ordering from mobile apps over websites. So we needed a mobile app to support our organization.

It started with just a simple conversation about their products and what we were trying to achieve, how we wanted to build it. We worked with MonkeyTech engineers and crew to understand what can be done and what cannot be done from a technology perspective. That was a process between 2–3 weeks and then we started a process of 5–7  weeks working with the UI. We literally went screen by screen to understand the functionality of every screen and what buttons can do and everything that relates to the functionality. Every page was drawn out. This first phase also includes branding and stuff like that.

Then we moved onto phase two and began development. They used Ruby on Rails for the backend. It has cloud storage, they connected APIs to two different platforms, and everything else. It’s now available on iOS and Android.

We’re continuing to do a lot of upgrades and are developing more features. MonkeyTech provides three months of service for QA and to fix any bugs. If there are any major issues that could shut down the appp, they resolve it within 24 hours. If there are smaller issues, like a misspelled word, they complete that within 72 hours.

I worked with the CEO and founder. He was acting as a project manager and he introduced me to three engineers. One was for Android, another from the backend team, and another for iOS. It was very seamless.

How did you come to work with MonkeyTech?

We wanted a company that had all the resources we needed so they could do the whole package for us.

They price is by engineer and by month. So ours was between $10,000–$15,000 for the designs. Then they estimated that the development would be $90,000. So in total, the project cost about $100,000.

We started in March 2019 and it’s ongoing.

Our business wouldn’t exist without this app. Compared to everyone else I’ve worked with, they’re in the top-tier of what you can expect from a third-party vendor. You’re paying for what you get. There will be some things that they do that wouldn’t do. There are so many packages, that using Ruby on Rails helps them finish the work faster.

How did MonkeyTech perform from a project management standpoint?

The good thing about MonkeyTech is the people and the relationships we built throughout the process. The communication was fantastic. We used WhatsApp with every engineer throughout the process. So, if I had a problem, I didn’t have to wait. They’d get back to me within the hour.

We felt like we knew what was going on, the timeline of the project, and how things were progressing. If they had problems, they raised red flags immediately and would ask me questions as well.

The work has been done pretty fast, the quality of the work is good, and they have really good direct communication. They’re in the top tier of companies in this industry.

They’re using older languages like Rub on Rails, which can have pros and cons. They could also be more transparent about what work needs to be done for each feature.

The best thing to do is be explicit about what you want, what your budget is, and what the timeline is. So be clear about what’s important to you. Because they can do anything, but you need to prioritize to stay under budget

Web Development for Financial Startup

“I can reach them almost any time I send a message or email.”

Sep. 2018 - Ongoing

MonkeyTech handles website development for a financial startup. After the integration of idea concept, expectations, and goals, they developed desktop and mobile platforms from scratch.

Ramat Gan, Israel
Ofir Shalev
CEO, Grossland

Collaborative in nature, their team explains the pros and cons of every option before making a decision with the partner. MonkeyTech is responsive and resolves issues in a timely manner. Effective communication and teamwork complement their project management style.

I’m the CEO of Grossland, a financial startup. Our platform helps small businesses improve and enhance their business. In essence, we save them a lot of money on website development and marketing expenses because the platform only costs 40¢ a day.

We do that in order to improve their business and make more money. In exchange, we ask them to help us help other people. Our website connects suppliers to consumers.

What challenge were you trying to address with MonkeyTech?

I had no idea how to develop a website and needed a reliable, professional company that wouldn’t take advantage of my lack of knowledge. What’s more, I wanted someone with a collaborative nature because I love working with people.

With the exception of UI/UX design, MonkeyTech fully developed my website from scratch. They were inquisitive about my needs, expectations, and the story behind my idea. During the project, their team took my hand and we collaboratively developed the whole system step-by-step. The end products were desktop and mobile platforms.

They’re currently handling development work to improve our system.

I worked with about four people.

How did you come to work with MonkeyTech?

I had an advisor handle my search. She looked for companies and conducted background checks. When I met MonkeyTech, relations were great from the beginning.

I’ve invested $125,000 so far.

We started working together in September 2018, and the work is ongoing.

I send them a message if there’s an issue, and they fix it as soon as possible. This is important because I don’t have the technical expertise and need the website to run smoothly at all times.

How did MonkeyTech perform from a project management standpoint?

My team has a great relationship with them. I can reach them almost any time I send a message or email. They’re also very responsive to phone calls.

I like that they give me options throughout the development process. After discussing a system specification, the developer gives me the pros and cons of each option. Then we decide the best choices together.

I can’t really say because I don’t have technical expertise. I believe they’re doing a good job.

I advise them to explain the needs and end goals of the project. Be open to what you need and what you’re financially capable of before you start the project.

I’m receiving good value for the cost.
    I recommended them to my childhood friend.

Development for Visual Software Company

“We’re happy with the results they produce for us.”

Sept. 2017 - Ongoing

MonkeyTech serves as an ongoing application and features development partner for an AI and visual search company. They design and implement requested demo app features for presentation to prospective investors.

Shaul Amran
VP R&D, Syte

The team’s work has impressed the internal team, always living up to the staff’s expectations for the overall look and feel. Communicating directly and effectively, they demonstrated effective project management skills that fostered a strong relationship between the two parties.

I’m VP of R&D at a leading startup in the visual search and AI industry.

What challenge were you trying to address with MonkeyTech?

Sometimes, we need to create demo apps for prospects but don’t want that construction process to take time away from our developers because it’s not the core product. We use their services to add example features to an ongoing demo app project.

Every time we need extra help, we sit down with one of their teammates for a discovery phase. Then, we received mockups, ask for changes, and review those adjustments. After we do final checks for bugs, we launch it.

It was pretty intense starting out because they had to build the product from the ground up. At this point, they build ongoing features for it as we need them. For instance, we have a camera button where customers can upload images to see similar products in a retailer’s website or app. Another feature is a similar item carousel that allows users to view similar items to a product that they’re currently viewing.

I worked with their COO, CTO, and 1–2 developers.

How did you come to work with MonkeyTech?

We received a reference from a friend of one of our employees. When I started this position, they were already our partner.

We’ve spent between $80,000–$90,000 on the project.

We started working together around September 2017 and are still collaborating.

There’s no numeric metric that we track for their team. We just want to ensure that the app looks and feels the way we intended. Their work is well-received by our team.

How did MonkeyTech perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management skills are solid. Whenever we need help, they send someone to meet with us to address our needs. We’re thinking about incorporating Jira into our workflow on future projects. We communicated through email and phone.

We’re happy with the results they produce for us.

I can’t think of anything.

Hire them and tell me exactly what you need. Then, they’ll get it done.

App Development for AR Gaming Company

"Their level of personal touch stands out—they really care."

Jan. 2013 - Mar. 2017

MonkeyTech provided game development services for an AR gaming company. They worked in Unity to create the game and produced an Android and iOS mobile app.

Niv Borenstein
Founder, Kazooloo

The game has an impressive rating across platforms, leading to high user satisfaction. In addition to making customers happy, MonkeyTech made the engagement run smoothly for the client. They took care of the project and invested in the unique details, making them a standout partner.

I’m the founder of Kazooloo, an AR gaming company.

What challenge were you trying to address with MonkeyTech?

We hired MonkeyTech to help us develop our app and our game.

They designed and developed our native mobile app, the backend, the server-side, and the UI/UX of the app. We provided documentation and wireframes to get the project started. They used Unity as the engine for the game. The app is for iOS and Android.

The app is a mobile game, so they developed the gamification of the whole player’s journey through the app. They provided everything we needed on the product side and helped with the maintenance.

There were six people supporting us including a project manager.

How did you come to work with MonkeyTech?

We met with three companies that provide Unity development and develop native apps. MonkeyTech gave us the best offer and they seemed like the most competent team.

We spent $200,000.

We worked together from January 2013–March 2017.

I’ve gotten a lot of good feedback from users. We have 4.21 average rating and more than 5,000 reviews on each platform. Users are happy and there are no problems on the technical side.

How did MonkeyTech perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management is amazing. We used email and WhatsApp to communicate. They’re very responsive and available 24/7. They put the project manager on a call every time we needed him. Since our engagement, I’ve worked with several other companies and there’s no comparison to the level of hands-on care from them.

Throughout the four years, we had a good run. Their level of personal touch stands out—they really care. The price was very fair for our expectations. They were a great partner, professional, and trustworthy. The results were amazing and we basically consider them friends now.

When Android and iOS make updates for their operating system, the applications sometimes get buggy. I wish it could be handled in advance and not have to react to bugs, but sometimes that’s not possible.

They really care about you and give a personal touch to the work. If you’re looking for anything related to software development, mobile apps, or Unity games, they’re definitely a great and valuable option for you.

App & Software Dev for Cannabis Company

"Creativity doesn’t take away from their professionalism."

Dec. 2019 - Ongoing

MonkeyTech designed software, algorithms, and applications for both Android and iOS. They provided UX/UI services and worked on the AI.

Adi Naali
CEO, Quana

MonkeyTech performed great work and collaborated really well with the client. They catered the ideas well to make it easily understandable to the customer and they were supportive. Working flexibly allowed them to move people between projects to meet deadlines.

I’m the CEO of Quana, an olfactory system for personalized cannabinoid consumption.

What challenge were you trying to address with MonkeyTech?

We have an integrated system that contains hardware and software on the Cloud, a mobile application, and a set of unique algorithms that define safety, quality, and personalized fitness for varieties of medical cannabis. We hired them to design our software, algorithms, and applications.

They designed the setting in the Cloud and the app, including UX/UI services. They developed and wrote codes for the applications, did integration with our device so that connections and applications iOS and Android worked. We’ve also done some AI work together. They developed iOS and Android separately.

How did you come to work with MonkeyTech?

They were recommended to us by several sources. We evaluated four companies and, as a team, chose to work with MonkeyTech. It was a long process.

We have spent $150,000 so far.

We started in September 2019 and it is currently ongoing.

MonkeyTech provided such great work, our team and CTO approved.

How did MonkeyTech perform from a project management standpoint?

We had some tight schedules and wanted to launch at a certain time. We asked them to put more emphasis on certain parts of the job, so they moved people from other projects to work on ours, which was easy because they are a medium-sized company. They collaborated really well; sometimes we worked nights and weekends.

They’re experienced and flexible enough to move people between projects to keep the desired pace and timeline. The combination of their activity and ability to perform was good for me. They’re able to take my ideas and make them perform in a way that is understandable and fitting for my customers.

They’re very supportive and have a way of combining creative ideas within the role of data science, which is much less flexible. Creativity doesn’t take away from their professionalism. MonkeyTech is also trained in programming and computer designs.

So far, I am very happy and don’t see any big issues for improvement. Perhaps they should scale up and deliver for even bigger companies than mine.

Work together with them from the beginning. Bring your ideas, but be open to new initiatives, creativity, different approaches, out-of-the-box thinking, and try to take it from their perspective. They make great suggestions.

Overall Score I’m quite happy; it was good for me as a start-up.
    They fit themselves to our needs most of the time.

Web Dev for Domain Registry Company

"I’m really happy with their UI/UX and backend skills. The quality is some of the best I've seen."

2016 - Ongoing

MonkeyTech developed an automated website builder. It has social media population technology that automatically captures information from the owner’s profiles and inserts it into the website.

Efi Gershom
CEO, Dot Latin LLC

The platform has experienced little downtime, and internal stakeholders report pleasing user numbers. MonkeyTech empowered their client to comment on ongoing tasks to ensure alignment. Customers can expect a partner invested in optimizing the requirements and development processes of solutions.

I’m the CEO of Dot Latin, LLC. It’s the domain registry of .UNO, which is a new domain extension we’ve launched. In an effort to promote the extension, we’ve offered a website builder technology to .UNO domain holders.

What challenge were you trying to address with MonkeyTech?

I hired them to build a fully automated website builder for us, with all the flexibility for the end-user to insert their content.

MonkeyTech developed the platform using Java, Ruby on Rails, and other technologies. They used a technology similar to MySQL for the database.

The builder gives anyone the option to take content from their own social media and create a website populated with that data automatically. It has the ability to extract data from individual social media accounts automatically and update it overnight, eliminating the need to copy/paste repeatedly. The whole path was fully automated, and it has different filtering and multiple templates. It’s a very powerful builder.

5–8 people have worked on this project.

We’ve spent $500,000–$750,000

We started working with MonkeyTech in 2015 or 2016. I sold the registry, so the new owner is taking over. It’s a big company with its own team. I do have other projects with MonkeyTech, not related to the builder too.

People have used the platform, and I’ve tracked its success in terms of outages or failures. There are always issues with technology, but I’ve been impressed with the low downtime of the platform.

How did MonkeyTech perform from a project management standpoint?

They used a cloud-based tracking system, so my team and I were able to see their progress. We could also comment on open cards for new system requests, change requests, and tests. MonkeyTech got the data from us in an efficient way.

I’ve worked with many overseas groups, and still do, so my expectations are really high. MonkeyTech not only executed what we defined in the business requirements, but they also challenged some of our decisions and requirements, offering different solutions that they thought didn’t make sense for end-users. I thought that was amazing, given that it’s really easy, even for business people, to focus on how to do things, versus what needs to be done. MonkeyTech’s team knew where the line was, though, and consulted with us on why we’d want one thing and not another.

As a business, we’re always trying to jump to the solution letting the development company focus on the “how.” What I like about MonkeyTech is that if they see something that’s out of line, they’ll bring it up. If something’s not really making sense, they’ll prompt us to revisit the area discuss it again. If they didn’t give their own input they’d still be doing their job perfectly, but I wouldn’t be as happy with the end result. I think that they not only deliver on time, but I can also rely on them to correct business requirements and processes that they see as not being good fits.

Secondly, they’re very sensitive to the business owner’s deadlines, and they’ll work really hard to get things done on time. That sometimes requires them working long hours and on weekends, and adding more resources. I’m really happy with their UI/UX and backend skills. The quality is some of the best I've seen.

They challenge the business requirements and give their input if they see something that can be improved. I think that’s really big, and it’s different from many other companies, which just do what they’ve been told to.

Clients should be realistic about the timelines for the initial version of the system and create it across multiple releases. It’s important to identify the most important features that you want to deliver in version one, get the system up and running, see what you like and don’t like, and continue to grow it. Don’t look for perfection from day one because there’s no perfect version of any solution. I’ve worked with MonkeyTech by breaking the work into phases, each phase with associated deliverables. It’s helped us see where we’re going.

Overall, they were almost perfect, but we had some hard deadlines.
    They’re not the cheapest, but the value I get from them is the best.
    I’ve worked with many other companies, and MonkeyTech has a unique combination of good front- and backend skills.

Web & Mobile Development for Sizing Solutions Provider

“They’re professional and skillful developers.”

$1,000,000 - $9,999,999

June 2014 - Ongoing

MonkeyTech augments a web and mobile development staff for an e-commerce solutions company. They also handle the UI/UX design capabilities. The solutions are for Android and iOS.

Airport City, Israel
Eli Turchinsky
Chief Technology Officer, My Size, Inc.

The partner is happy with the product, indicating MonkeyTech’s team is composed of excellent, skillful developers. They’re professional in manner, and use Trello to maintain tasks and meet deadlines. Their project and product managers are effective communicators who support the partner.

I’m the CTO of My Size, Inc. We’re developing a solution for e-commerce platforms to present size recommendations for clients based on the measurements they take in our app. The measurements are established through signal processing based on the acceleration and rotation data taken from the device.

What challenge were you trying to address with MonkeyTech?

When I first joined the company, there was only an algorithm. So, I started to build teams—web, mobile, legal, QA—in efforts to approach development at full force. We needed help to develop something that communicates the basic algorithms developing inside My Size, Inc. That’s where MonkeyTech comes in.

They designed and developed our final solutions, including our native iOS and Android apps. That featured our reactive frontend. MonkeyTech also supports our UI/UX efforts. They’re our main provider and designer.

We use MonkeyTech to scale up our development capabilities. We don’t have enough manpower to do everything, so they help us with almost everything from web platforms to mobile apps.

I work with a project manager; we communicate all the time. I also collaborate with a product manager, and she’s responsible for the UI/UX support. There’re around five developers, but I’m not positive on the exact amount.

How did you come to work with MonkeyTech?

My company was working with MonkeyTech before I started. They were already a partner, so I took them by default.

We’ve invested $50,000–$1,000,000 so far. However, our spend depends on the year. This year it’s about $150,000.

The partnership began in June 2014 and is currently ongoing. Back then, MonkeyTech developed basic test apps. When I joined in July 2018, I started to develop services for end-users.

MonkeyTech is excellent at everything they do for us. They’re professional and skillful developers. I’m pleased with their quick and responsive UI/UX designers. Overall, I’m very happy and satisfied with their service.

How did MonkeyTech perform from a project management standpoint?

We use Trello for our project management efforts. Internally, our company uses Jira but it’s not the best option available. MonkeyTech doesn’t have access to our Jira, but that’s okay. That’s why we use Trello.

Their best team is their web development one. They’re very strong with Ruby on Rails.

I can’t think of anything. I’m very pleased with their work.

I advise them to rely more on verbal communication instead of emails and Slack. Collaboration is more effective when you’re not talking to someone through messaging.

UX & Web Design for Technology & Logistics Startup

"They perform at a very high level. They set good standards and get good results."

2016 - Ongoing

An Israeli technology and logistics startup hired MonkeyTech to build their international e-commerce website. They’ve become the startup’s go-to software provider, working on back- and frontend programming.

Daniel Cohen
CEO, Exelot

Despite a higher pricepoint, MonkeyTech’s consistent top-level performance and strong results continually earn them programming and software projects. The startup’s success is attributed, in part, to MonkeyTech’s work, their seriousness, and their commitment.

I am the CEO of Exelot, an Israeli technology and logistics startup that handles international e-commerce shipping and delivery to Israel.

What challenge were you trying to address with MonkeyTech?

We hired MonkeyTech to act as our software company. They started with web design, but we now go them to outsource our software programming.

They’ve worked with us since the beginning of our startup, and they’ve handled our programming almost the whole time.

They designed our website, managed our UI/UX, and worked with our CTO on internal tech problems. Our site is B2B2C, and they used JavaScipt to handle the back- and frontend work of our website so that both the customers and the businesses on our site have a seamless experience.

I believe we have worked with four people from MonkeyTech. Oded (CEO & Founder, MonkeyTech) is very serious, coming from the Israeli Defense Force (IDF). The new person we’ve been working with is Idan (iOS Developer, MonkeyTech), and we’re really satisfied with him and the whole team so far.

How did you come to work with MonkeyTech?

We had a referral from an Israeli VC that we trust.

We’ve invested hundreds of thousands of dollars.

MonkeyTech became our go-to partner for programming and technology in either late 2016 or early 2017, and we’ve been working with them ever since.

The amount of shipments on our platform processes has rapidly increased, and it’s in large part because of MonkeyTech’s work. Our CTO is confident in MonkeyTech, and we keep bringing them new jobs. They’ve taken over almost our entire programming operation.

How did MonkeyTech perform from a project management standpoint?

They can be quite expensive. However, my CTO and I think they’re generating good results, so we keep working with MonkeyTech. We’re impressed with their commitment and seriousness, which generates good results.

They could be a bit less expensive, but they get results.

You need to be very accurate with your definitions, your requests, and your plan. If you come in with a very precise request, they’ll get the job done.

They can be cost-prohibitive to some.