Our Clients’ Success Is Our Success.

Monarch Digital develops web sites using Drupal, but we do much more than that. We bring decades of business and technical experience to your organization, partnering with you to have your web site contribute to your organization's goals.

2000
Colorado Springs, CO
  • 6760 Corporate Dr.
    Colorado Springs, CO 80919

Drupal Upgrade for Community College

“I'm confident they could fix just about anything that's not working or crashing.”

Apr. 2016 - Aug. 2016

Monarch updated and migrated a Drupal 6 website to Drupal 8, providing backend and frontend support.

Littleton, Colorado
Howard Golden
Web Developer, Arapahoe Community College

Thanks to the updates and site migration to Drupal 8, overall web performance has significantly improved. Expert developers and communicators, there's nothing Monarch's team can't fix. They remained responsive and attentive to client needs throughout the process.

I'm a web developer for a community college in Colorado.

What challenge were you trying to address with Monarch Digital?

We were getting ready to convert our website from Drupal 6 to Drupal 8. The previous company who worked on our website about 10 years ago was no longer in business, so we were in the market for a new vendor with Drupal expertise.

Monarch created a new theme for our website in Drupal 6. Once we approved of that design, they migrated the website to Drupal 8. Most of the work involved backend development and minor changes to the frontend.

Initially we communicated mostly with the owner of the company who has since passed away. We also worked directly with a couple developers and a project manager.

How did you come to work with Monarch Digital?

We found Monarch through an online search for local companies in Colorado. They had great reviews from other clients of theirs, so we decided to reach out to them based on that.

We spent over $25,000.

The site migration project occurred between April and August 2016.

We're very happy with the Drupal 8 site—we haven't had any major issues with it.

How did Monarch Digital perform from a project management standpoint?

We didn't really have a set schedule, but it wasn't necessary for this project. They were responsive and we mostly communicated through email, HipChat, or phone.

They're Drupal and web development experts. I'm confident they could fix just about anything that's not working or crashing. They're also great communicators.

When I worked with them, some of the estimates they provided were broad in range, but they've since updated the way they produce estimates for more accurate numbers.

Be open to communicating with them, even if you're not entirely sure what is that you want. They're great about working through issues with you.

Overall Score I have no complaints.
    They stayed on schedule for any project we set a deadline for.
    Their prices were very competitive.
    There were only a few instances where they had to make changes to the updated site.
    I've referred them to other community colleges.

Drupal Membership Portal for Nurse Fellowship

“They helped us work through many challenges and set the platform up exactly how we wanted.”

Oct. 2017 - Jan. 2018

Monarch created a customized Drupal membership module that allows users to login, upload information securely, and make purchases through PayPal.

Madison, Wisconsin
Linda Kunz
Office Manager, Nurses Christian Fellowship

Monarch streamlined website membership processes, saving a tremendous amount of time. Users have less trouble navigating their membership benefits and have immediate and secure access to their information. Their highly collaborative and attentive approach made the overall process painless.

I'm the office manager for the Nurses Christian Fellowship (NCF), a ministry for nurses and nursing students. About 20 years ago, we started a membership option that provides benefits, including access to our Journal of Christian Nursing and discounts on continuing education.

What challenge were you trying to address with Monarch Digital?

As our membership grew, we needed a better way of managing our database, maintaining member information in a secure manner, and allowing members to purchase products with greater ease. We were managing everything manually, which was time consuming and unorganized, so we were looking for an affordable vendor with membership management and Drupal experience.

Monarch developed a customized membership module on our Drupal website, including a new login for members and the addition of a Drupal Commerce shopping cart, which connects to PayPal.

Initially, I spoke with a sales lead who eventually connected us to their technical team to collaborate with our web team.

How did you come to work with Monarch Digital?

We found them through an online search and sent them an inquiry through their website.

We spent about $8,000 in total at $110 per hour.

We worked with them from October 2017 to January 2018.

We haven't received any feedback, which is a good sign; our members are struggling less to use our website and fill out forms. Monarch streamlined our entire membership process, saving us a significant amount of time. Our members now have immediate access to anything they submit: their application, member card, and benefits.

Monarch was wonderful to work with and highly collaborative. They helped us work through many challenges and set the platform up exactly how we wanted. It's been working smoothly ever since.

How did Monarch Digital perform from a project management standpoint?

Their team was responsive and attentive throughout the engagement. They set up several Google Docs for our team so we could monitor progress. They were also great about staying in touch through email, phone, and weekly video meetings to go over updates and train us.

I appreciate how easily they were able to take our ideas and run with them. Every membership service functions a little bit differently, but they understood how we wanted ours to work. Their expertise in Drupal was also incredibly beneficial to us.

No. I can't think of anything that they could've done differently.

Monarch did an excellent job on their end and were understanding of the limitations I had trying to anticipate the questions I should've been asking in the beginning. However, it would've been helpful to have the project manager on our team come onboard earlier. If you have additional project management staff on your own team, I suggest looping them in on the process from the beginning.

Overall Score Although the project took work, their approach made the whole process unexpectedly painless.
    Some of the deadlines we set were unrealistic, but their team remained communicative as timelines shifted.
    Pieces of the project required more funding, but they were transparent throughout the process.
    The membership module is working exactly as we wanted with minimal support.
    I would 100% recommend them to anyone.

Drupal Development for Sensor Manufacturer's Website

“They’re not afraid to jump in and figure things out to get quick results.”

Nov. 2015 - Ongoing

Monarch Digital has led a complex Drupal migration, coding an interface between it and a PCA with a Mongo and NoSQL database. They’ve also provided CSS and SaaS styling during their ongoing involvement.

Philadelphia Metro Area
Website Administrator, Sensor Company

Monarch Digital never hesitates when it comes to finding solutions, propelling each development task towards completion in a prompt manner. Communication between teams is efficient, while a willingness to take ownership—even of problems they haven’t caused—continues to impress.

We’re a global manufacturer specializing in specific electronic components. We have five product groups that range from small strain gauges to full systems. We’re in every market imaginable and have been the leader since 1963. I’m the senior website administrator who handles all the web development.

What challenge were you trying to address with Monarch Digital?

We were migrating five antiquated products to a more robust CMS-driven environment, namely Drupal. I asked Monarch Digital to help us with those site migrations, as well as with our product catalog application (PCA) that has a Mongo and NoSQL database.

They’ve coded the interface between Drupal and the PCA. They’ve also helped with our Elasticsearch, provided services around Angular, and assisted with styling our software as a service (SaaS) and CSS.

We’ve worked with two developers. There’s also another team member who has been involved in every project to date. I can also speak with two of their other team members if needed. I talk to all of them as much as possible.

How did you come to work with Monarch Digital?

I met one of their representatives at DrupalCon in Austin, Texas and started talking with him about the opportunities Monarch could provide to us.

We’ve spent between $50,000–$200,000.

We started working together in 2015 and currently have several ongoing projects.

I don’t have any metrics at the moment since most of the applications are internal to our company. We only launched one of the sites a month ago, so I also don’t have metrics on that either. I can say that we haven’t experienced any sort of major roadblocks.

How did Monarch Digital perform from a project management standpoint?

We mostly use Jira. We also have a weekly meeting for at least one of the projects that last no longer than half an hour. We devote specific time to each project if there are multiple going on at the same time. Our regular meetings are more like quick standups, lasting no longer than 15 minutes.

I like Monarch’s ability to dive into problems to find solutions and produce something in a timely manner. I’m also able to speak about the development with them, so it’s been great in that regard.

There are times when they try to solve a problem and think that their solution is the best option, even though there may be things they haven’t thought of. However, every developer I’ve ever met has had this problem.

They’re definitely willing to take on problems caused by other vendors. They mentioned to me early on that they’re not afraid to jump in and figure things out to get quick results.