Inventing the digital future

Modus is a digital innovation consultancy founded to help global brand leaders and visionary start-ups more fully realize the business potential of the digital age, where customers rule, connectivity is everywhere and creating value for profit and social impact is the name of the game.

1999
New York, NY
  • 129 West 29th Street, 12th Floor
    New York, NY 10001
  • Argentina

Fireman's Fund Insurance Company, Moody's, Inc., MetLife, Wyndham Hotel Group, NYSE Euronext, Sittercity.com, Cleveland Clinic, Dow Jones & Co., Comcast Corporation, NBCUniversal, SIRIUS Satellite Radio, GE, Coldwell Banker Real Estate, LLC, Realogy Corporation, TheLadders.com, SONY, U.S. Architect of the Capitol, The Leading Hotels of the World

Digital Marketing for Payroll Services Company

"I wish they could replicate themselves and be infused in more of the business."

Modus provides web design and development to market payroll and human resource services, increase sales, and solve client support issues. The team provides full web services in this long-term relationship.

10,001 + Employees

New York City Metro Area
Director of Digital Marketing, Payroll Services Company

The team understands the marketing goals and their work has had a dramatic impact on customer service and sales. Site traffic has increased by 200% from year-to-year. Modus has an in-depth knowledge of the business and ensures customer service by assigning high-level project managers.

Please describe your company.

I work for the world’s largest payroll and human resource company.

What is your role and responsibilities?

My role is the director of digital marketing, Web marketing is my specialty, so I work on Web pages for marketing purposes.

What was your goal for working with Modus?

They helped us with everything from messaging look and feel through to architecture, user experience, design, and development, and usability testing. They really helped across the board and provided a full-digital marketing solution. The overall goal was to help drive incremental sales leads and to address client support issues for our products.

It was a multitude of services. Their work stretched from strengthening brand voice, understanding of mission, vision, values, to the way we want to position ourselves in the marketplace, absent of traditional advertising.

What was your process for selecting Modus with which to work?

I think it was a combination of a longstanding relationship with prior organizations and working with them and our experience with them, and general dissatisfaction with the current agency. So, I don’t know that there was a competitor, but they came before my time. I’m not sure if there was a competitive audit performed.

I really can’t provide a figure. I can’t provide financials and they’re on a per project basis, so it’s not a retainer, so it’s difficult to quantify. It varies based on the project workload that we have at any given time with them. The projects range from large, impactful ones to quick down and dirties, where we love to utilize them most are large engagements.

We’ve redeveloped the site from the ground up with their help and it’s still in progress. It’s a three-year project and there’s still more to do, so it’s a good deal of work. The work we have with them is ongoing, as long as my budget stays robust, I’ll be working with them. Other parts of the business work with them as well. There are no plans to change the structure of our partnership.

What were the results of the project?

I’m extremely satisfied with their performance so far.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

I don’t know the key metrics, but they’ve had a dramatic impact. I wish I could give specific percentage or dollar figure increases, but based on the major goals we’ve set out, if it was reducing support calls, we’ve accomplished those metrics. I think it’s more than 40 percent reduction in service calls due to our work with them.

There’s been an increase in leads based on work performed by Modus both in digital marketing landing pages and on the organizing principles and clear calls to action and conversion focus on our basic corporate presence. Their efforts have absolutely increased the leads, visitors, returning visitors on a year-to-year and month-to-month basis, and then they’ve also helped us to architect, design, and develop a mobile website, which has increased steadily. I think the traffic is up on that site by 200 percent year to year.

Yes, they listen. They get it. The other unique thing is you’re dealing with the owners of the agency on any given project, and so you’re getting their best employees each time working on every aspect of the project. They have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of our business, I think sometimes they even understand better than we do and can help guide decisions given that knowledge across the spectrum of our product portfolio.

That’s the beauty of what we do. They’re tied into our analytics, so they understand metrics and performance. Modus helps guide projects due to their deep understanding of not only who the audience is, but then actually what they’re doing on the site, where there may be gaps or room for improvement. I wish they could replicate themselves and be infused in more of the business.