Agency without the attitude

Modicum is a design agency that specializes in B2B marketing and creative services. We believe in solving problems with thoughtful and irreverent design.

2002
New York, NY
  • Modicum
    145 West 30th St 3rd Floor
    New York, NY 10001

Google, Deloitte, YouTube, Samsung, Deloitte, Marriott, JP Morgan, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, , Blue Shield of California, Target

How do you show off your history-setting milestones?

Through a recent acquisition, Marriott International became the world’s largest hotel company and knew Global Travel Day would be the perfect opportunity to celebrate that accomplishment. They wanted to share the news that travelers all over the world could use their extended network of properties and loyalty program to find the perfect hotel, wherever they might be.

Because the main event took place in New York, Marriott came to us to help them grab attention online and bring the festivities to the rest of the world.

After surveying more than 6,000 travelers in 14 international cities, Marriott uncovered some surprising travel trends. Our job was to take those wacky travel stats and translate them into something incredibly visual and shareable.

Medallia Experience

How do you kick your annual event up a notch?

Events are all about making sure every detail leaves a great impression, and with customer experience at the core of their business, Medallia knew their annual event had to hit all of the right notes.

We pulled out all of the stops to bring Medallia’s brand to life in digital signage, speaker introductions, and over 30 keynote presentations for staff and guest speakers.

How do you spread the word about your launch?

At the end of the average day, our online searches create eight trillion gigabytes of data. Seth Stephens-Davidowitz, contributing op-ed writer for The New York Timesand former Google data scientist, used that data to uncover what our searches can tell us about who we really are. The result was Everybody Lies: a book so revealing and entertaining that HarperCollins couldn’t wait to share it with the world.

HarperCollins came to us for a trailer video to help grab attention for the upcoming launch.

Made by Google

How do you make your global product launch epic?

We helped Google launch industry redefining hardware at their Made by Google event. Kicked off by CEO Sundar Pichai, the launch had to live up to the astronomical expectations of their carefully-curated buzz.

Being on site, we were able to stay nimble, make changes on the fly, and collaborate one-on-one with the Google team. We pulled content from many different sources to enhance the design and help present a comprehensive story.

ServiceSource Rebrand

ServiceSource managed a successful rebrand, and Propoint was pleased to be their one-stop-shop throughout. We all become rather cozy along the way, and in the end, ServiceSource raved about our design team. We’ll give them the last word: “Propoints tells us when we’re going down a bad road. They collaborate with us to get a good solution. It always feels like a real working session. Everything works out when it needs to work.” Read more here.

Showtime Electronic Press Kit Microsite

Showtime needed a way to publicize their groundbreaking documentary series about climate change.  Under normal circumstances their PR team would have created a paper-based press kit to share with the media.  With its environmental impact,  paper just didn’t seem like the right approach.

The Showtime executives wanted something innovative to quickly catch and keep the attention of busy entertainment reporters, so they asked us at Propoint to create a digital press kit (also called an EPK or Electronic Press Kit). The EPK was a big hit and won many awards. Read more about it here.

Graphic Design and Content for Executive Coach

"I thought they were really good at understanding what I was saying."

Propoint developed graphics and professional products to help improve brand appearance. The team created a common title page and format for presentations. They assigned two designers to the project.

Dallas, Texas
Susan Shapiro
Owner, Onpoint Leadership

Propoint had a good, intuitive understanding of the project’s intent and endstate. They used an appealing combination of colors and images that also met the established requirements. The team worked very quickly, took a collaborative approach, and was responsive to critique and feedback.

Please describe your organization. What are your role and responsibilities?

I’m the president of an executive coaching and leadership consulting company. It’s pretty much a one-person business but if I get a large contract I subcontract with other individual coaches.

What was your goal for working with Propoint?

I wanted to clean up my branding and make it represent the value a coach can bring. When I started in 2006, I just threw my branding together, and I hadn’t spent much time to create nice graphics. I took a class and learned about the power of good presentations and that’s what sparked me to get a professional to help me with my graphics. I wanted templates and icons created ahead of time so that when I needed a presentation, I could count on a partner to provide them.

Propoint created the title page and presentation format for all of my presentations. I use that title page each time I present to give my presentations a common look and feel. Propoint did a great job on that title page. They provided the right colors and the right images that matched the requirements I had.

What was your process for selecting Propoint with which to work?

I called two companies. Both were referred to me by Duarte Communications. I vetted both of them and liked Propoint better.

Is there anything unique or special about Propoint that really makes them stand out compared to other online marketing companies?

Propoint works very fast. They gave me two designers to work with. If there was something I didn’t like about what they proposed, they understood intuitively what I meant. I thought they were really good at understanding what I was saying.

I’ve never worked with creative graphic professionals before and I didn’t know how much I could push back. They did some things I didn’t like. But, I was inexperienced in the language I needed to use. When I started to use the right language we started to connect.