The Software and Data Company

Modelate is a software company headquartered in Berlin, Germany. We build high performance software applications from idea to launch.  Our main focus lies with data rich real time web and mobile applications. We are experts in big data, data science, predictive modelling and artificial intelligence.

Modelate has major experience in creating e-detailing iPad applications for payor communication in pharmaceutical companies.

We provide:

• Business analysis and design thinking;
  • UX and UI design;
  • Software development;

Berlin, Germany

Uber, Pfizer, Baxter, GlaxoSmithKline, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Shire

Automation Tool for Global Car Sharing Company

“We’re absolutely happy with their work. They did everything we agreed on, and shipped ready-to-use products we like.”

June - Aug. 2017

Modelate helped create a tool to improve automation within the marketing department of Uber’s Amsterdam branch. It allows users to build ads, banners, and other assets with templates and pre-approved copy.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Vlad Diedov
Production Designer, Uber

Though the tool is currently undergoing internal testing, the end result is satisfactory and fulfills the prompt. Modelate provided strong UX solutions and were quick to respond. The collaboration is likely to resume for a secondary phase later this year.

I am the production designer for Uber in Amsterdam. I do production, design, and marketing, and work on banners, ads, landing pages, and so on.

What challenge were you trying to address with Modelate?

We wanted to create an internal tool that would help automate the work and make it more efficient for myself, our marketing managers, and for other designers unfamiliar with HTML5 technology. The tool is meant to allow stakeholders to build banners based on templates and preapproved copy. We couldn’t build the tool ourselves, so we decided to hire a third-party agency to help.

The tool they helped us design allows the user to create or select a template to copy all the necessary assets to an ad or a banner. It can pull in copy, headlines, colors, graphics, and photography.

We communicated with Glib Kutepov [Technical Co-Founder, Modelate] and Alex Axenov [Creative Co-Founder, Modelate]. They were our two peers at the company.

How did you come to work with Modelate?

I knew about them from my previous work. I looked through their portfolio and discussed the task with them. We considered another company, but Modelate had good ideas for UX/UI, and their prices were better. They also had good ideas to optimize the interface. We decided they’d do the best job with the development.

We started working together in June or July 2017. The basic tool was shipped to us in August, and we added several features later on. The overall project took about three months.

We’re currently testing the tool internally, so will have results within about six months. We’re planning on filling this tool with our latest templates, and will A/B test elements to add to the stack.

We’re absolutely happy with their work. They did everything we agreed on and shipped ready-to-use products we like. We will probably use them again to work on phase two of the project later this year.

How did Modelate perform from a project management standpoint?

Overall, responses were quick. Since we were working during the summer, we did lose a little time in communicating with the developer, who was away on a holiday for part of the time we were working together. That slowed down the process a bit, but it was good overall. We communicated mostly via Skype and Slack.

The strongest suit is in UX. They’ve provided complex UX solutions and helped us add features I didn’t know how to implement. I have less expertise in development, so it’s a little like magic to me. They helped us come up with a solution, and we really like it.

I don’t think so.

Have a clear idea of what you want to achieve, and give Modelate the freedom to offer you their solutions. My ideas could have improved from day one if I had given them creative freedom right away.

Overall Score There were very small things to improve, but we had a very good experience. They give a very positive impression.
    They met all our deadlines.
    They offered us a low price. The second part is priced a little higher, but the first part was very reasonable.
    They stuck with everything we agreed to at the beginning of the project, both in terms of deadlines and also the budget.
    This was the best experience for me. I’ve spoken with them a lot over the last year, and I really like their style of work and their office.

iOS App UX/UI for Healthcare Consulting Firm

"Their creativity and design capabilities exceeded my expectations."

July - Sept. 2017

Modelate developed and designed an app for Windows 10 tablets using previously modeled data. Analysis and graphic designs focused on maximizing usability and user interest.

Senior Consultant, Healthcare Consulting Firm

Demonstrable creativity and independence were key features of development. Costs were appropriate and deliverables were on-time and exceeded expectations for visual appeal and usability. Modelate provided a dynamic workflow and highly involved collaboration.

I’m a senior consultant at a boutique health care consulting firm, where I work on business and clinical strategies, and health economics and outcomes research. We also do medical communications.

What challenge were you trying to address with Modelate?

We needed third-party developers to design and app and help demonstrate the value in the prevention of pressure injuries and their downstream implications.

This project was my second engagement with Modelate. We wanted our client's sales reps to promote this app and its value propositions to stakeholders in various hospitals. They built the app for Windows 10 tablets based on the reference information and calculations we entered in excel, which created a fully-functioning model for them to use. They were tasked with understanding the problem, graphic design, and structuring the model to optimize usability and user interest. The app launched September 2017.

The project manager – who I worked with previously – interfaced with me directly; I did not have direct contact with the app developers.

How did you come to work with Modelate?

They were hired before I started at the company. I know that they participated in a competitive bidding process.

The project ranged from July 2017 to September 2017.

As a boutique firm, we don't have any pre-defined metrics in place. Rather, we use subjective assessments on an individual project basis that reflect my standards as a product manager. We look for high levels of detail and technical accuracy, and they held up to that.

How did Modelate perform from a project management standpoint?

Since I’d worked with the project manager before, I felt comfortable letting him take the reins with greater artistic license for graphic design and usability. That decision benefited my team because he streamlined the process. Based on prior experience micromanaging vendors, I believe the hands-off approach is more effective.

As a whole, the team was very flexible and worked in a timely manner. While they were not as responsive as we’d like, they did alter timelines and shift resources to meet set deadlines. Most delays, however, were due to our end, not theirs.

Their creativity and design capabilities exceeded my expectations for visual appeal and user-friendliness. I think giving them less creative freedom would have detracted from the final results.

No, because they delivered on-time and charged us appropriately.

It’s the client’s responsibility to provide them with a full context for the model, including the challenge and objectives. Emphasizing those key requirements up-front is the most important part of the engagement.

They stuck with estimates for every project. The only add-ons came from our additional requests.