Web & Mobile Solutions Company

MOBOX is an IT consulting, design & development company.

We are a focused team, passionate about making an excellent mobile product even from scratch.

And we have features you need to know about us.

We are young.  It means  we are fearless in what we are doing and tireless while doing it for you. We take a challenge and run with it.

We are focused. Our goal is to create a mobile product that answers your purposes, combines all needed features in one experience and deliver it in the timeframe we’ve estimated.

We are honest. You can entrust  Mobox with your ideas in order to achieve your mobile /web strategy and receive the result that exceeds your expectations.

We are for individual approach. We grasp the concept, ask right questions to create a unique solution that meets all your demands and users desires.  We are concerned  not only about technical objectives  but in your individual project  in a whole to make it special for your customers. We help you to think about how end users would be using the product and get a benefit of it.

We are flexible. We develop a product that is a gold blend of our minds and client’s ideas and preferences.

We provide a full-service software development:

• Consult clients.
  • Design and build an IT solution.
  • Launch a product.
  • Provide post-delivery service.

Kiev, Ukraine

A2 - iOS and Android app Image

A2 - iOS and Android app

Mobox developed an A2 app for Android and iOS. It is a mobile app for the supermarket chain.

Social network Nabexpress Image

Social network Nabexpress

Nabexpress is a social network for communities in Miami. We created it from scratch. It has all social activities, which neighbors may need. Enjoy :)

Android app BMW Image

Android app BMW

AWT Bavaria, the official importer of BMW in Ukraine, is an Android mobile application, which always informes you about news, promotions and current BMW offers. With this application you will have 24/7 access to the most current information needed for you and your vehicle.

Taxi 838 | Android and iOS app Image

Taxi 838 | Android and iOS app

838 is a taxi service app. You will take a taxi through our app in three clicks: Specify where you are - select a destination - watch the search and the movement of a taxi.

Available on mobile app markets:

iOS app CustomsMobile Image

iOS app CustomsMobile

CustomsMobile wanted to make life easier for their users - such as government employees, the trade community, and the general public, to help them to stay up-to-date with ever-changing US Customs rules.

CustomsMobile app provides powerful features and boasts enhanced searchability that compares with the best commercial services. It is designed to always fetch up-to-date data. This means that users don't have to worry about seeing incomplete or out-of-date results. CustomsMobile app is provided to users for free.
Mobile version of Helen marlen.com Image

Mobile version of Helen marlen.com

When Helen-Marlen Group sought to create a new mobile product for their users they came to MOBOXco. Having reputation of the leader on the Ukrainian retail market specializing in clothing, shoes and accessories, Helen Marlen entrusted us to create a solution that combines simplicity with elagance in one mob experience. We developed a mobile vesrsion that

enables users to have a quick look and to do a quick shop among a wide range of items witout being overwhelmed, lost or even stressed while purchasing
iOS app Tabke.net Image

iOS app Tabke.net

The app for iOS enables people who love cooking or just love eating with a tool that allows to discover and cook recipes from the real-life people. Tabke.net is the best place to find and share original recipes submitted and curated by fellow cooks. A unique and social cooking environment where people

post recipes, pictures and discuss meals. Also users may import and save unique recipes in their own collection. Moreover users are able to have their own profile with their best recipes. Tapke.net is a complete tool, kind of a digital cookbook to help home cooks get inspired and organized in the kitchen and on-the-go.
Mobile version of Krisha.kz Image

Mobile version of Krisha.kz

With over more than 140 000 adverts on the site Krisha.kz is the largest and fast-growing property search service in Kazakhstan. Krisha.kz is a mobile real estate app that allows users to search any kind of property across Kazakhstan. Users are able to: - browse fully comprehensive property information across the country; - be updated throughout the day, read the

most current Kazakhstan Real Estate news for free and share articles with friends; -refine property searches by price reduction, keyword location, types of a building, number of rooms, etc.; -view properties on a map and get directions, photos; -view hot propositions; -set up a personal cabinet where users can store their favorites and also use it for service pay; -contact real estate agents quickly and easily via one-touch calling; -place an advert for free without signing up.
iOS app Chocolife.me Image

iOS app Chocolife.me

Chocolife.me - is a discount service №1 in Kazakhstan, which provides new best deals about restaurants, food delivery, services of beauty industry every day.

Android app All Taxi Image

Android app All Taxi

All Taxi is a catalogue of taxi companies in Russia

Android app CHOCOFOOD Image

Android app CHOCOFOOD

Chocofood.kz - is a service for order and delivery of food. We combine lots of restaurants in major cities of Kazakhstan, it allows you to make convenient and quick order to home or office.

You can easily find the right restaurant, pick up your food and send the order for a couple

of clicks. All other cares we undertake. The prices are the same to menu in the restaurant.
Acidcow.com mobile version Image

Acidcow.com mobile version

AcidCow is a fast-growing entertainment community. AcidCow has daily updates 5 days a week and thousands of daily submitted pictures, videos, games, etc. AcidCow fans love watching pictures, videos and especially picdumps. MOBOXco task was to enable users to do this quickly, handy and untuitively. Mobox mobile version of site is deeeply integrated with AcidCow's

database and ensures users with daily updates: the latest news, videos, games, categorized pictures. Other features include submitting posts, wriiting comments, sharing links with Facebook, Whatsapp, Twitter, email and etc

iOS & Android Development for Customs Service

"There have been no crashes, which is a real achievement considering that many apps do have problems."

Oct. 2015 - 2016

MOBOX created Android and iOS apps to reflect the web app experience of a US customs information aggregator.

Washington DC Metro Area
Owner, Customs Service

The client believes they sacrificed some turnaround speed for higher quality output that remained within budget. Good communication and transparency were integral components of the client's satisfaction.

I am the owner of an information aggregation processing service on US customs and import trade information for importers, traders, and government employees.

What challenge were you trying to address with MOBOX?

MOBOX was hired to create an easy to use, accessible application of our service. The app was to mirror the full range of action of our service and the different sections our websites provided.

The app was developed for iOS and Android and written in Java and Swift. There were no specific types of technical backend that I wanted them to adhere to.

How did you come to work with MOBOX?

I put up a bid on Upwork. I hired them because I thought they made a pretty good representation of the project. I liked the work that they had done previously, and their client feedback was good.

How much have you invested with MOBOX?

I have invested $8,000.

I started working with them about a year and three months ago. From the time I began working with them, until the last production set, was a total of 6-9 months. The apps launched in October 2015.

There have been no crashes, which is a real achievement considering that many apps do have problems. The apps function fine and they have gotten some great usage. The apps had a good launch, and it was a good product. It is a good tool but very small in terms of the overall budget and scope.

How did MOBOX perform from a project management standpoint?

Their management was good. One of the most important things for me is responsiveness and timeliness. I am flexible on timeliness as long as I get communication. In that regard, they were pretty good. For reviewing designs and providing a window into their work, we would share screenshots and images. In terms of code management software, they did not use any code management that I had access to. Eventually, I did move them to our Bitbucket system so they became more integrated into our web service.

We initially did a fixed amount for the project and then an hourly amount in a high-low method so there would be a guaranteed minimum but with a ceiling. That setup became complicated, but they were very manageable and transparent with us about it.

What did you most impressive about MOBOX?

I liked the communication I had with my contact person. I also liked their creativity. It was very good of them to have initiative. As I run my projects, I like to be hands-off and say, “You are the expert. You take it on, you run with it, and let’s see what you produce.” I was happy with what they returned as a product.

One more thing I want to compliment is their transparency of cost. They projected and managed the cost and stuck to it, so I give them much praise for that.

Are there any areas MOBOX could improve?

I do not know if they are short-staffed or if they have many projects, but they could have a faster turnaround time. When designing or updating an app, it can be a little bit frustrating if something that takes you six weeks took two months. But again, it is balanced with the fact that the product they produced functions very well.

Overall Score It was very positive.
    They hit the timelines. They just took the timelines very far and long.
    Their cost is competitive with a lot of other programmers, and they did not have any cost overrun. They were transparent with their costs and flexible with cost projection. I knew from the onset where I fell with cost.
    I am new to outsourcing work, so I do not have that much of a frame of reference for app development. But for all the other services they developed, they were good.
    I would recommend them.

iOS App Development for Case Management System

"I was pretty happy with the way they [MOBOX] handled incomplete or vague requirements."

2015 - Ongoing

The browser-based development team used MOBOX to build native iOS versions of their product. The two development teams worked together directly to flesh out requirements and meet all functionality and usability goals for the iPhone and iPad apps.

New York City Metro Advocate
Igor Selizhuk
CTO, SmartAdvocate

MOBOX's team was resourceful in the face of vague requirements and the client found them to be very affordable. He appreciated their willingness to work non-conventional hours in order to better collaborate.

I’m the chief technology officer of SmartAdvocate, a software development company. We have developed a case management system for law firms.

What challenge were you trying to address with MOBOX?

Most of our developers on the product were browser-based in the Windows server, so we didn’t have in-house expertise in mobile apps. We still don’t have that internally.

We decided to work with MOBOX to develop an iOS product. It’s a native app for iPhone and iPad. The app is in the App Store. You could download it but you won’t be able to use it because it requires the back-end, which is installed on the server for each of our clients. It’s a business application so it’s not for general consumers. Even though we already have the released version, we still engage with MOBOX as they are adding more features and making changes.

It wasn’t a fixed-price project as was based on time spent. For the most part, we worked with a single developer and a graphic designer. A project manager also worked on an as-needed basis.

How did you come to work with MOBOX?

We found them on one of the hire-a-coder sites. Basically, we were looking to hire someone and we got multiple offers from different companies. We looked at the price and experience. We also determined if they had the right people for the task. One of the factors that made the decision a little easier was that MOBOX has developers who can speak Russian. Some of our developers also speak Russian, so that made communications easier. The language wasn’t a major deciding factor though.

How much have you invested with MOBOX?

We paid $40,000 to $50,000 for their services.

It began in the late summer or early fall of 2015 and is ongoing.

We got the product to the place where we’re happy with the performance. Even though it wasn’t a fixed-price project, the speed of the development and the quality of the development was pretty much to our satisfaction. If we had hired a mobile developer locally, we probably would’ve spent twice the money for similar results.

How did MOBOX perform from a project management standpoint?

MOBOX tracked their projects in JIRA, particularly for time and tasks. For discussions, we usually use Skype chat or voice. We started with a project manager for general tasks, but our developers are also working directly with their developer. Around 90% of the time, the developers directly worked together. We needed this arrangement because we made the iPhone app interfaces internally.

What did you find most impressive about MOBOX?

I was pretty happy with the way they handled incomplete or vague requirements, as we really didn’t have much experience with mobile apps. We would show them our current functionality in the browser and discuss the right approach to implementing a similar functionality for the mobile app.

Are there any areas MOBOX could improve?

Nothing off the top of my head.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with MOBOX?

Our side could have spent more time figuring out our exact requirements. A couple of times, we did something and then we had to change it. That was mostly because we weren’t exactly sure what we wanted or how we wanted the application to work. We did trial and error on a couple of occasions. We tried something, we played with it, we were not too happy with the result, and then we came up with a modification.

Overall Score I’m pretty happy. Just being cautious not to say they are perfect; nobody’s perfect.
    Even though they are in Ukraine, a 6 or 7-hour difference, they’re pretty much available around the clock when we have questions or need something. They don’t limit themselves to an 8-hour workday.
    My rough estimation is that we’re probably saving half compared to hiring someone locally. You can probably find someone cheaper, but then you would be concerned about quality.
    We haven’t done too many outsourced projects, so I don’t have too many points of reference. It’s just a general feeling of how they performed overall and how happy we are with the result.
    I don’t have too much experience with other providers or outsourcers, but at this point, it looks like they did a pretty good job. I would feel very comfortable recommending them to someone else.

Web & Mobile Development for Children's Camp Management Tool

"We have had great work experience with MOBOX and the skilled specialists in the team."

March 2013 - Ongoing

MOBOX created an app and web-based solution for the client to manage student camps, enabling them to directly respond to suggestions and incidents reported by parents.

Kiev, Ukraine
Ludmila Stepanova
Sr. Business Manager, 2x2 Camp

The client has little experience to compare MOBOX, but knows that parents trust their camps more now and their feedback about the app has been positive. Additionally, MOBOX came in under budget and on-time.

2x2 is a math camp for children. We teach children mathematical sciences in children's camps during the summer, autumn, winter, and spring holidays. Our camps are located in the three major Ukrainian cities, so parents can always visit their children during the holidays. Our business started in 2010 in Kiev. We are planning to open new math camps across the country. I am a senior business manager with 2x2. I am responsible for social activities, press, and promotion of our business.

2x2 faced the problem of getting feedback and suggestions from parents and children as well as responding to these issues rapidly. Therefore, it was decided to create mobile applications for these purposes. We were looking for a good company to find a solution. The main criteria were they had to be located in Kiev for close cooperation, as well as the company's reputation and experience. We chose MOBOX rather than other developers.

We decided to develop iOS and Android applications from scratch. MOBOX was attentive to our requirements and offered us four different designs for applications. Then, every month, we received the MVP [minimum viable product] and continued further development.

The main feature is that the reviews are written through the website as well as through the apps. We can see them in the app, and give answers immediately when we see the notification.

We have had great work experience with MOBOX and the skilled specialists in the team. The general estimate to date [October 2016] calculates to more than $120,000. The project started in March 2013, and we are still working with them on a support basis.

After the final launch of the applications, our customers have been very happy about our careful approach taken with the app. We have improved many of the organizational issues of our business, so more parents trust their children to our camp.

We have no prior experience working with other IT [information technology] companies, but we are happy to work with MOBOX.

Overall Score As you can see, we are fully satisfied working with MOBOX.
    MOBOX gave us an estimate, which had an optimistic and pessimistic forecast. They met the deadline, and we had no problems with any of the sprints.
    When we received an estimate at first, MOBOX told that the final sum might be 30 percent more or less. The final cost was for 10 percent less than in estimate. We were happy that MOBOX worked with us on a time-and-materials basis.
    MOBOX is a team of professionals that meets the requirements and brings ideas to life – or into applications, in this case.
    We have already recommended MOBOX to our partners and friends.