We love turning ideas into amazing mobile apps.

Mobiversal is a mobile app development company working with startups and established brands, like Forbes, to create unique mobile experiences. Since the beginning (2011), Mobiversal has been focused solely on developing iPhone, iPad and Android apps. In the 5 years since its inception, Mobiversal has served over 40 clients in more than 15 countries.

The company was ranked in "Top Mobile App Developers in Europe" by leading research firm Clutch and in "Best Top 30 Game Development Companies" by BestWebDesignAgencies.

We work together with our clients to build compelling apps that provide lasting excitement and value to their customers. Our understanding of mobile and web based technology empowers us to bring a level of expertise to your company like no one else. We know how to build products that can scale to your business' needs, regardless if you're a startup or an established company.

Oradea, Romania
headquaters
  • Mobiversal
    Balogh Istvan 17
    Oradea, BH 410238
    Romania
    40.359.432.424

Forbes, Russmedia, PhantomALERT, Paymo.biz, Find a Way, José!, City of Oradea, City of Iasi, Housar, Salusfin, Housar, Rolling Pizza

Appointfix

Appointfix is a mobile app that lets independent service providers easily schedule appointments, while on the phone with their clients, and reduce no-shows by automatically sending them text message reminders.

Housar

Housar helps users discover amazing offers at local events and allows venues access a growing database of customers interested in attending local events: parties, concerts, sporting events, theater plays, dancing classes or kids activities.

Oradea City

Oradea City app is the official and FREE Oradea app brought to you by the City Hall. The app offers tourists and people who are not familiar with the city useful information for a more pleasant stay.

Oradea City Report

Oradea City Report allows responsible citizens to report issues such as potholes, stray dogs, streetlight malfunctions, abandoned vehicles, leaky pipes, bad parking, and many more.

Paymo

Paymo mobile app allows you to easily track your time while on the go.

NiLi

Experience nightlife like never before!

Laendleimmo

Discover thousands of houses, apartments, and land plots for sale or rent in Austria.

PhantomAlert

PhantomALERT saves you from costly traffic tickets.

Salusfin

Control your home with your mobile device, home automation in your pocket.

Playdate

Discover play dates for your dog in your area.

AlleyCatSaga

Alley Cat Saga is a new 2D platform game, inspired by old school PC games.

Forbes

Mobiversal is helping the leading magazine entertain readers in new ways.

Find a Way, Jose!

Find a Way, José! is a new and refreshing take on the sliding-block puzzler genre. Award winning - 4.5 Stars - 800k+ users

Phantom Alert Mobile Application Development and Web Design

"They just don’t build something, they make it work."

Mobiversal designed all tech aspects of a road safety mapping business. The team created a website, backend system, and iOS and Android apps, including user communication and GPS systems.

Washington DC Metro Area
CEO, Phantom Alert

Mobiversal understood project goals well and did great at developing a functional back-end for data storage and analysis. The team performed very thorough testing, which has resulted in good customer satisfaction rates.

Please describe your company.

PhantomAlert is the world’s leader in gathering points of interest for safety and enforcement locations. We have a crowdsourcing tool that maps out all the red light cameras, speed cameras, speed traps, dangerous intersections, dangerous roads, and dangerous curves. The tool also identifies school zones and severe weather. All that information is communicated through our apps or database to smartphone users and GPS users, to help them drive safely and efficiently. We have more than 2 million users, and every day we help someone avoid a ticket. It’s like putting money back in their pockets, especially with the red light cameras. Washington, D.C., is one of our biggest markets.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I’m the founder and CEO.

What was your goal for working with Mobiversal?

We found Mobiversal after an exhaustive search for qualified app developers, Web developers, and engineer, and they fit the bill.

Their job was to design our website, backend systems, and our apps. It was a major undertaking. Mobiversal did everything from A to Z. Mobiversal has some great developers and engineers, and they were responsible for developing, designing, and building the app for iOS and Android smartphones. These were not simple apps; they are very complicated. GPS navigation and real-time tracking of users, with the ability to report points of interest and other users. There is real-time communication between many users at the same time.

What was your process for selecting Mobiversal to work with?

We checked out their resume. There are a lot of fake resumes out there with people who puff up their qualifications. They don’t have any portfolios to back up what they said. For us, it was very important to find somebody who had in-depth experience in building navigation apps. They could be building games, magazine apps, and things like that. However, it’s totally different than building a navigation app that has to communicate with millions of drivers at the same time. The backend servers have to be robust, taking information from millions of smartphones, crunching the numbers, then disseminating the alerts back to whoever is in the right place.

It’s very complicated, and you need a PTO to put that all together. You must think it out, design it, wireframe it, do flow charts, build the apps and the back end, and test many times. Mobiversal was very good at that.

The project took a couple of years and cost a couple of hundred thousand dollars.

When was the latest milestone completed for that work?

The work is still ongoing, which is the beauty and the problem with developing apps. You always keep generating. You need to work with people that will be around. You might find some who are cheap who will give you one app and the next thing you know, iOS goes from Version 5 to Version 7, and you have to update the app. If they’re not around, you’re in trouble. You’d have to hire a new team who has to go back and learn everything that was done before. That’s a waste of time, and they may not understand what was done, and they’ll come back and recommend that they redo everything again.

Picking the right developer, making sure they’re qualified and that they would be around for a very long time is essential. It’s very important, and that’s what Mobiversal did for us. We’re very lucky that we found them because this work is not easy, and with the wrong team, you could lose money and time. If you’re a small business, you could lose your company.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

When we started with Mobiversal, we had rudimentary iPhone and Android apps. They came in and saw what we had. They understood our vision, and they revamped everything. Not only did they revamp the apps, but the most important part is the backend system. That is where all the data is collected from the users in real time, crunched, and sent back to the people who are in the right areas, giving them correct and timely alerts. In our business, alerts have to be timely. If we make a mistake, or if we don’t get the alerts in time, somebody will get a ticket or have an accident, and that’s bad for business.

The system has to be tested thoroughly. When we first started using them, the backend system was very clunky and filled with spaghetti code; everything was duct-taped. They looked at it and put all that aside. They built it from scratch in a brand new way, with a better vision and a solid foundation. They took us from about 100,000 users to supporting more than 2 million users. Customer satisfaction has been very good. They were very good at listening to the customers, noticing what people had problems with, and practically fixing everything as they went.

Do you feel you made the right decision to develop on iOS and Android?

Yes. If you want to do apps, you have to do Android and iOS. There’s no other way now. Of course, there is BlackBerry and Windows. BlackBerry is dying, and we didn’t get along with Windows because of some issues we had with four senators who are against our product. They sent a letter to Apple, Google, and BlackBerry. Apple and Google said they had to review it and make a decision based on the merits of this company. They gave us a chance to explain ourselves and justify our presence. On the other hand, Blackberry yanked us off the market without asking us any questions.

Android is a must, and we also do some GPS navigation apps. We had to double up for Garmin, TomTom, and Magellan. We licensed our database to a lot of other mapmakers, so we have to have an API, and give our data to these mapmakers and developers. They also helped us build our API.

The most important thing is that they deliver. Secondly, they know what they’re doing. The third thing is that they will work with you, understand your mission, and they have enough people there who are business developers, programmers, and debuggers. They have the whole team in-house to work on your project. They just don’t build something, they make it work. If it doesn’t work for the customer, just because you built it, it doesn’t mean they’ll come.

That’s what Mobiversal does; they make sure it works. They’re affordable. If I were to develop my apps here in the U.S., it would cost twice as much. You want to hire somebody who’s going to be around. You need to iterate with your project, program, business, and apps, and you need the person who looked at it the first time to be the person who keep improving it at a reasonable price. Bringing in other people or a new team is very expensive.

I’m a small business, and we live and die by how we spend our money. We’re not allowed to waste even a penny. A penny saved is a penny earned. The wrong developer can destroy you. I’m happy with Mobiversal.

Yes, I wish they’d stop taking other clients. I would like to have them for myself. Whoever is going to hire them, is going to be very happy. These are qualified people, and they’ll tell you the truth. They won’t promise you everything and then nickel and dime you to death. They know how to manage expectations; they know how to write up the project, and they know how to stick to it.

I’m going to regret it because they’re going to get busy in the future, but they deserve it. They’re good people, they’re qualified, and I’m proud to have worked with them. I wish them the best, and other clients will be happy with their work.

iOS Game Development

"They're very responsive and willing to go the extra mile to make me satisfied with the project."

Professionalism:

Jan. - Apr. 2011

Mobiversal developed an iOS game. The game was initially designed on Sun Java and developed with C++. The team completed the project in several phases and revisions over the course of four months.

Israel
Creator, Mobile App Development Agency

Mobiversal delivered a top-notch, high-quality game capable of competing in a crowded market. The team cares about the success of the project, providing creative, out-of-the-box solutions and suggestions. They are highly skilled, affordable, and maintain prompt and responsive communication.

Can you provide some background information on your company?

Actually, it's only me. I have started my own entrepreneurship of mobile apps and games, and this is actually my first one. I'm about to create a few more, and I had a very positive experience with Mobiversal.

I was looking for a company that will create a quality game for me. I invented this game for the iOS market, and later I'll plan to import it to Android as well. It's a game that I created initially on the Sun Java platform with a friend, and he developed it with C++. When I wanted to import it to Mobiversal to iOS, it didn’t have enough capability to do that, so I had to search for a different solution. That's how I searched for another development company, and I stumbled upon Mobiversal.

What made Mobiversal stand out compared to the other companies?

The first thing that gave them a big advantage was amazing communication skills, which means they are very prompt to reply to emails. Their English is amazing. I was mainly dealing with Alin, the manager, that's who I signed the contract with, and he directed us to a guy, very reliable, a man that stands behind his word, which is very important for me.

Because while you're searching for an offshore solution, you don't know exactly who you're dealing with, so you always have this fear that you might end up with a bad partner, or with a bad company. The kind that does not deliver the quality you're looking for, not be able to stand behind their timeframes that they had promised, all these kinds of things like that. With Alin and his company, I really felt confident that I have a partner. I have somebody that really takes care of my interest, and the success of my product is also part of their success. That's what's I was looking for, this kind of attitude. That was the first thing.

Then, I saw they are very serious. I saw their portfolio, I saw their skills, and that they know what they're doing. They're not overpromising or underdelivering. But, they actually are very modest and, on the other hand, they're very skillful.

Finally, of course, was the budget. This company situated in Romania, and they're not the cheapest, but definitely not the priciest, and that was another big plus toward them.

How long ago was the project completed?

It was last year. We aired it on the Expo around April 2011, and they took around four months to create from the beginning to end.

Can you give a general cost estimate for the project?

It had a few phases. So, the first phase that was live initially cost me around $6,500. Since then, we had a few revisions, and we are about to upload a very big revision, a total redo of the game in a week or two. All in all, including the last revision, I'd say this project cost me around $10,000 or $11,000.

How happy are you with the results?

Very happy. The results are a topnotch, high-quality game, I think that it can compete with the big names. The thing is that it's very important to test the product to make certain there are no bugs, no crashes, and everything runs smooth. Of course, there were many iterations until we came to a product that they're satisfied with, but they're very responsive and willing to go the extra mile to make me satisfied with the project.

Compared to other developers that you've worked with, do you find anything special or unique about Mobiversal?

We usually have this term called “Big Head.” “Big Head” means somebody who is overdelivering, was not only doing what you asked them to do, but also gives his input and his ideas and solution to the work desk.

So, this is something I can say about Mobiversal. Sometimes, they will suggest something, and they would say, "Listen, why don't we do something differently?" and actually bring up a better solution than I initially brought to the table. I really appreciate this kind of attitude that always takes advantage of the synergy between me and the contractor toward a better product eventually.

Looking back on the project, is there anything you'd do differently a second time around, or think that Mobiversal could improve upon?

Nothing to do with them. I made my own mistakes marketing-wise or feature-wise. I put too much effort on a few features, which didn’t work out and stuff like that, but that doesn’t have to do anything with Mobiversal.

With them, I think the only thing I would do is maybe to penalize them for not delivering on time because I didn’t do that and I sometimes had to be really bossy with them. Like, "Hey, come on, we got one week. I want the product to be live on time." So, if I've listed penalties in the agreement and the initial contract, things would have run better timeframe-wise.

• N/A NPS
    Yeah, definitely. I always do that with them.