Awesome Mobile Apps & Web Development

From full-service developments to a la carte services, we guide and help our clients to launch the most scalable websites and apps. We offer web apps, mobile & tablet solutions, that aim at driving more traffic and increasing profitability. Mobikasa’s top-notch developers and engineers design and create innovative web app solutions that engage the target audience and generate traffic leading to increased revenues.

Whether you're looking for a one-off, turn-key or enterprise solution, Mobikasa's experienced team of engineers, developers, graphic designers, and creative personnel will help you achieve your needs and goals.

Our visual designers and UX specialists work together to create elegant, useful, unique solutions. We find solutions for every business. Whether it's building an app, a website or an internal team solution. We provide your business with expert insights and experience across wide range of marketing channels.

New York, NY
    +91 9810488883
    Bestech Business Towers, Sector 66
    Mohali, CH
    +91 9810488883

1800Flowers, Versace, Harry Winston, Maurice Lacroix, NYC Campaign Finance Board, City University of New York, Mavi Jeans, Florists.com, Airtel, L-Objet, Megaport, United By Blue, SpotPog, Limeroad, Cardekho, Goldbroker, Holland & Sherry, Honeywell, Split It, Fortuny, Pollack, Paris Art Deco, Leaders of Design Council, Quince & Co, ArloSkye, Bear Mattress, Beauty Rx, Glassy People, Howcast, My Pooja Box, Performix, Fruit Bouquets, Harry & David and many more.

1800Flowers

Mobikasa is the technology partner for 1800Flowers for 5 years now. We helped them develop their responsive site and their iOS as well as their Android apps.

Versace

Mobikasa assisted Versace with various projects for a better customer experience at their worldwide boutiques such as an enterprise app as well as Guest Wifi customization.

Mavi

Mavi is globally recognized as a highly successful lifestyle brand. Celebrities like Kate Winslet and Chelsea Clinton love this brand of jeans.

Harry Winston

This iPad in-house app allows clients to browse through their collection

Maurice Lacroix

MAURICE LACROIX is a swiss watchmaker producing its own complex movement components for mechanical timepieces.

Holland & Sherry

Holland & Sherry is an internationally renowned cloth merchants of Distinction established in 1836.

L'objet

A website for luxurious, functional designs for the home that’s devoted to craftsmanship and artisan techniques.

Bear Mattress

BEAR MATTRESS is an online store that meets the needs of all types of sleepers

www.bearmattress.com

NYC College Line

NYC College Line powered by CUNY provides information online that is designed to help high school students, college students, and the family members and professionals who support them.

1800Flowers.ca

1800Flowers.ca is an online floral shop in Canada by 1800Flowers.

Goldbroker

Keep up with the latest news and videos related to the gold and silver markets across the world, and get greater insight into the world of bullion trading, right on your smartphone.

Florists

A flower delivery service that can get flowers delivered within and outside the US. We helped with the site as well as the app.

BeautyRX

BEAUTYRx Skincare is an award-winning skin care brand that addresses ageless issues of skin.

www.beautyrx.com

Cardamom

Mobikasa designed and developed Cardamom: a social networking app for mom friendships, playdates & professional connections found on iOS and Android.

CFB of New York City

CFB of New York City is an independent city agency whose purpose is to increase voter participation and awareness, provide campaign finance information to the public, enable more citizens to run for office, strengthen the role of small contributors, and reduce the potential for actual or perceived corruption.

Glassy People

Glassypeople is an e-commerce site for stylish casual eyeglasses and professional eyeglasses at extremely affordable prices.

Holland & Sherry

The app gives you full access to the entire collection of Holland & Sherry. User can also request samples, track favorites and make up look books.

Airtel

Wynk is the music app for every mood! From Rahman to Rihanna, it has over 1.8 million songs across Indian and International music. Stream and download songs by genres, moods, artists or simply tune into one of the many Radio channels and let it surprise you.

Cofetch

CoFETCH provides a secure student-only network as students use only their college email to solve daily needs.

My Pooja Box

My Pooja Box is a one-stop shop for all pooja goods for the pooja holidays in India and Mobikasa helped with the app and website development!

www.mypoojabox.com

Howcast

This is an instructional app that offers quick and simple how-to videos along with text content that combines practical information and other techniques like animation and claymation.

Matchabar

MATCHABAR is bringing matcha to the people -whether by the cup at their cafes, or by the bottle online.

www.matchabarnyc.com

Mun Skin

MUN SKIN is a unique line of organic skincare products derived from native plants

www.munskin.com

Todayslens.com

TODAYSLENS.COM is the leading online retailer of prescription eyeglasses and sunglasses.

Porta Romana

This app is for Britain based lighting and furniture company, synonymous with unique design and artisanal craftsmanship.

Arlo Skye

ARLO SKYE is a sleek and stylish luggage brand that caters to your travel needs.

www.arloskye.com

Performix

The Performix workout app is an innovative 6-week video workout program instructed by Performix Athlete and Men’s Health Magazine Next Top Trainer 2014, Andy Speer.

West 56

WEST 56 is an NYC based ”clothing for the future" company and is setting new standards for athletic and leisure apparel.

Asembl

Asembl is an iOS app that makes it easier for users to attend events that they’re interested in as well as share them with their friends!

Revl

Revl, a dating app for actors and artists.

Emotime

Emotime lets you personalize your emoticons for better chatting experiences by integrating it to your keyboard!

Spotpog

This app can be used to swap public parking spots more efficiently and increases the number of citywide parking spots by letting car owners park at private garages, lots and driveways.

Pollack

Pollack showcases high quality interior furnishing fabrics for upholstery, walls and windows, for residential, commercial and hospitality.

Milk and Eggs

Milk and Eggs is the first comprehensive online grocery store in Los Angeles, CA.

Abcuts

Time to Tone is a health and fitness app that provides you with nutritional tips, workout demonstrations, and encouragement.

Fruit Bouquets

An iOS & Android app for fresh fruit delivery by 1800Flowers

Chachi's Homemade Food

Chachi’s is a contact exchange platform. Browse dishes or chefs and connect locally. Foodies can explore whats cooking around them, Chefs can showcase their passion for cooking.

Sendfie

Sendfie connects foodies with their favorite restaurants with the goal of promoting an exciting and relaxed dining experience.

iOS Mobile App Dev for Shopping Deals & Promotions Website

“The two things that stand out to me are their professionalism and their business savvy.”

Nov. 2016 - Ongoing

Based on extant designs and sketches, MOBIKASA wireframed, designed, and developed an iOS game app. Development is nearing completion and launch will follow soon thereafter.

Founder, Windfall World

MOBIKASA realized the vision for the app by delivering a high-quality product. While not historically a mobile game developer, they met the challenge through attention to detail, responsive communication, and the ability to fix problems quickly.

I’m the founder of a deals website that offers sponsored contests and promotions. We also provide a unique game that you can play to earn those different promotions.

What challenge were you trying to address with MOBIKASA?

I needed a company that could understand my vision for the design and development of the application.

They designed and developed our iOS mobile app. I provided them with my original designs from sketches and they took it from there. They designed the wireframes so that they could lay out exactly how everything was going to look. Then, the development team took over to bring the idea to reality. They made sure that everything functions the way it needs to in order for the game to work properly.

The app is in the final stages of development and on the verge of being launched.

I had the main designer, a project manager, and a development team that were tied to the project.

How did you come to work with MOBIKASA?

I found them on Clutch. I spoke to a couple of different companies. What made me decide to choose them was that they seemed to have more of a background in e-commerce; that pushed me towards them since I was doing something along those lines.

About $30,000.

We started working together in November 2016 and work is ongoing.

We haven’t launched yet, but I have been very satisfied with the quality of the work. The design and navigation feel like I intended them to. They were able to fulfill my vision and I’m happy with the way it came out.

How did MOBIKASA perform from a project management standpoint?

They offered a very professional service. They’re responsive and provided me with all of the tools I needed for the design and development. I have experienced some bugs but that comes with the territory. With development, the main thing is not the bug, it’s the response. Whenever I find any issues as far as bugs are concerned, they're very quick to respond and fix it.

They were also good as far as communication was concerned. They communicate mostly with text and phone. We meet in person if I need to. Any time I’ve had any issues and need to reach out to them, they are readily available.

The two things that stand out to me are their professionalism and their business savvy. If I have to commend them on one thing, I would say that they are very professional in terms of the way they handle projects and deal with the client. They have everything laid out. They dot the I's and they cross the T's. That stands out more than anything.

They're a very good company in terms of their designs and making sure everything comes out the way you want it to. If I had to criticize anything, they could have been a little better in terms of some of the design. They struggled a little bit with the design and functionality of the game aspect of my application. They’re an e-commerce company and I asked them to work in unfamiliar territory. I did feel they had some growing pains, but I don’t hold it against them because I had asked them to step out of their element. With their commitment to the project and hard work, they were able to overcome all those hurdles. They were able to get it done. They did a phenomenal job.

Web Dev for Creative Brand Experience Agency

"We had a great experience and we'll definitely go back to them for further work."

Mar. 2016 - Dec. 2017

MOBIKASA developed a complicated website with built-in 3D rendering and hotspots. Later on in the engagement, they performed code updates, enabling a touchscreen for the website.

Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota
Manager - Project Management, B2B Branding Agency

The quality of their code and the sophisticated features of the website left users highly satisfied. They stayed on top of their deadlines while remaining responsive and pleasant to work with in a highly collaborative project environment.

We're a B2B and B2C marketing agency, where my role is to manage specific large projects.

What challenge were you trying to address with MOBIKASA?

Initially, we needed a company to build a fairly complicated website for us. Later, we reached out to them again to help us with the coding for a few updates.

They developed a website for one of our large clients. The website featured 3D rendering as well as hotspots – the spots on the website on which people can click to see specific imagery, text, and overlays. The 3D rendering enabled users to fully experience the 3D environment. Recently, they also developed touchscreen capabilities for our clients at their training centers.

I wasn't involved in this project at the beginning, so I'm not familiar with the larger scope. I didn't have any problems with them when I took over the project: their business consultant put me in touch with their development team and they walked me through all the changes to the code we would need to make. After that, we handled the QA and made sure the code was correct.

When we need any code updates, we still reach out to them since they're most familiar with the website.

We had one main point of contact, so I didn't need to deal directly with different team members.

How did you come to work with them?

That happened before I got involved with the project.

We spent between $60,000 – $80,000.

The project happened in March 2016 – December 2017.

They delivered everything on time and within the budget. Our client was highly satisfied with the development work and impressed with the seamless transition between the MOBIKASA team and the client's QA team (our client has to go through a corporate process and get approval on their end, so the smooth transition was important).

How did they perform from a project management standpoint?

They're great communicators and let me know immediately if our clients’ requests cannot be implemented within a certain timeframe. The project was very collaborative, so we had a lot of back-and-forth interaction, which worked very well.

They're very friendly and responsive. They know how to translate a problem into action.

I don't think so. I didn't have any problems.

I would refer MOBIKASA to anyone. Give them time to prove themselves and they will be an expert partner for you.

Overall Score We had a great experience and we'll definitely go back to them for further work.
    Their communication was spot-on. When the deadlines we gave them were unrealistic, they communicated that upfront and gave us their timeframe.
    They were very reasonable in their estimates. There are vendors who charge more, but you never know what you're getting for your money.
    We've received a lot of compliments from clients about how great their experience was.
    I've already recommended them a couple of times.

Shopify Web Dev for Global Apparel & Accessories Brand

“They really listened to us when we explained our goals, which gave our engagement a personal touch.”

July - Aug. 2017

MOBIKASA re-platformed a company’s e-commerce site from WebLinc to Shopify Plus. Critical backend development for ERP and a private mobile app improved inventory tracking and stock monitoring and scheduling.

1,001-5,000 Employees

Fuat Kapucu
Global Supply Chain & eCommerce Supervisor, Mavi

Development work yielded a 30% increase in Black Friday sales, and mitigated customer stock case issues. Working within severe budget limitations, MOBIKASA offered global support, personalized direct engagement, and generated a robust, fully scalable solution that maximizes platform functions.

Mavi Jeans is a global apparel brand active in 40 countries around the world. I work for the New York branch and am responsible for the global supply chain, e-commerce activities, and projects that enhance our digital experience.

What challenge were you trying to address with MOBIKASA?

The U.S. and Canadian branches of our company spearheaded a global re-platforming project. A previous project we'd attempted had failed, so we had severe budget limitations. Custom developments take too long and often prove ineffective. We sought a robust, highly scalable solution, and decided to transition from WebLinc to Shopify Plus. We needed a partner to maximize platform-specific functions that could run our store more efficiently.

MOBIKASA developed the backend for our enterprise resource planning (ERP), a critical project category. They helped us brainstorm, and provided valuable insight. The private mobile app they developed, Mavi Inventory Sync, updates product availability and effectively communicates ERP with our store.

In response to our most imminent and pressing concern, they’ve published instant stock updates on a cycle. They also created an interface that enabled us to monitor progress and verify that stocks are updated on time.

During development, we have regular debugging sessions to maximize the process. Programmers responded very quickly to our requests for user interface enhancements. A global scale support allowed them to work in different time zones and satisfy our requirements. We partnered with different vendors for frontend development and migration.

A team of 10 developers from MOBIKASA worked on the project. Two additional vendors provided outsourced teams, who worked on development and migration.

How did you come to work with MOBIKASA?

While attending a Shopify Plus event to scope out potential vendors for our re-platform, I met MOBIKASA's CEO, Prateek Sachdev. We discussed how their specific platform expertise could meet our requirements and expectations. Upon project approval from our company executives, we reviewed both their personal references and ones sourced from Shopify’s internal team. We hired them when the time was right.

For the initial project, we spent about $10,000-$15,000.

Our six-week project began in July 2017 and went live at the end of August. We really liked their work, so we've kept them on retainer. We’re looking forward to expanding our partnership and enhancing our store's functionality and experience.

Our store's prior platform ran very inefficiently, and the stock option update solution resulted in many customer cases. With MOBIKASA's development, our Black Friday sales grew more than 30%, and stock cases have decreased to nearly zero. The new private solution they’ve built has helped us significantly improve our customer experience.

How did MOBIKASA perform from a project management standpoint?

Roles were specifically assigned and kept separate. They always gave us the option to escalate certain facets of the project. Their resource allocation implemented a great system of communication, and we worked well with the people assigned to our project. Since the initial stage was just six weeks, we used direct communication via Skype, email, phone, and screen sharing. Not having to use advanced project tracking tools eliminated many obstacles to getting what we need.

We mostly managed the re-platform internally. As a global company, our Turkish office in Istanbul provides technical resources. I was in charge of the overall project and delegated tasks with specific functions to respective teams. I was directly involved with the development and project teams, and we had specific points of contact for seven different topics.

We have a great personal connection. They really listened to us when we explained our goals, which gave our engagement a personal touch. The implementation went smoothly because they’re highly capable and intelligent. Their expertise and globally scaled support yielded excellent results.

I definitely recommend meeting with the team in person. Generally, these kinds of engagements run on electronic communication. When I visited the office, the CEO and I were able to discuss all the details of our requirements face-to-face. This dynamic eliminated the need for extra project management and project tracking.

Overall Score Clarity on the service side makes us feel comfortable, and we know they're capable of successfully completing future projects.
    If there hadn’t been complications and missed communications due to the time zone difference, I would give them a five.
    They really wanted this project, and showed a willingness to work within our extremely restrictive budget limitations.
    The fully designed product certainly met our expectations, and we’ve nearly eliminated the pressing concern of customer stock cases.
    I’ve already recommended them to other merchants.

Shopify Web Dev and Design for Organic Skincare Company

"MOBIKASA paid attention to every little detail."

Feb. 2017 - Ongoing

MOBIKASA migrated an existing website to Shopify and updated its design and functionality, making it simple and easy to use. Their work included a front page video, several integrations for reviews, and a blog.

New York City Metro Area
Ayelet Meshulam
Founder, Ayelet Naturals, LLC

Even though part of the team is based in India, there were no issues with the time difference or language barriers. The team is very patient, and regularly offers they advice and new ideas on how to improve the website.

I am the owner and founder of Ayelet Naturals, an organic and holistic skincare company.

What challenge were you trying to address with MOBIKASA?

I had an existing website and I was trying to move from one platform to another. I also wanted to update the website and needed someone that would make it beautiful, easy to navigate, and easy to use for both the customer and for us.

There were a lot of little things that MOBIKASA did for me, including moving the website to Shopify. The development work was done in India and design was done in New York City. I was very picky with the design because I wanted a really clean look that would help people understand what kind of company we are, such as being cruelty-free and using concentrated formulas.

We had many issues with the previous website, for example, it didn’t have a button for logging off, which was deleted accidentally while trying to correct something else. Customers were really turned off by that. Also, when users clicked on a product and tried to see its reviews, they’d have to click up and down and the page would jump, which made it very confusing.

Now, there are only three buttons that allow easier navigation on the site—it stays clean and it’s simple to use. We basically redid the whole front page as well. It isn’t elaborate or fancy, and it can be shared on Facebook, Pinterest, and other social media outlets.

Their work includes a video for the front page, sections to include our story with images, a journal that features our blog, ingredients listings, Instagram integration, and more. The blog is really easy to read and I can now add small announcements to the site, displaying sales and other information, which I wasn’t able to do before. I initially wanted three images for each product and a review page, but they added a feature for integrated reviews, which was not built on Shopify. They integrated different apps for this purpose.

I worked with a project manager that was well spoken, educated, and very nice.

How did you come to work with MOBIKASA?

I initially searched for months and really didn’t know who to trust as I had been burnt twice already, and kept postponing the site update because of that. I searched on Shopify, looking at different sites and companies that build on that platform, as well as their ratings and reviews. When I decided to try out MOBIKASA, they explained the process to me in detail and said it would take approximately two months. However, it ended up taking four months as my website needed a lot more attention than originally anticipated.

I’ve spent $7,000 so far. I was worried they would change the price mid-process, as I’ve had this happen in the past with other firms, but that was the price in the end.

We started working together in February 2017 and the work is ongoing.

MOBIKASA paid attention to every little detail. There were a couple of glitches after the site launched and a few things I had to learn on Shopify.

Anyone that looks at the site says that it’s beautiful, clean, easy to navigate, and very well put together. They can tell that someone professional created it.

How did MOBIKASA perform from a project management standpoint?

We usually communicate through email and Skype. They were very responsive when I reached out to them, getting back in touch very quickly. Even though part of the team is based in India, there were no issues with the time difference or language barriers.

The New York side of the company was a little bit slower, however, the people that work there are very professional, patient, and pleasant to work with.

The most impressive thing about MOBIKASA is that they are very patient. I was very picky about how everything would look—the text, size of the text, and many other small details. In addition to that, they gave me their ideas on what thought I should do. They work very well with their customers.

Since my company is very small, I know they used a different group of developers for this project. I also know that they work with other very large and famous companies, so I'm sure they had a different set of developers working on those projects. Of course, I would’ve liked to have the more experienced people working on this project—development would’ve been faster. However, the team we had was very nice and responsive. Other than that, I have no complaints.

Overall Score It has been a very pleasant experience, and I would like to use them again.
    Instead of 2 months, it took 4 months, so they really didn’t stand by the timeline. However, I also had other issues we needed to work on, so it is not something I can blame only on them.
    I would definitely recommend them.

Web Dev for Packaging Company

"Whatever changes I wanted, no matter how small, they were handled well by MOBIKASA."

Jan. 2017 - Ongoing

MOBIKASA developed a website and backend database to help increase brand awareness and visibility. In the future, they may provide SEO services.

Delhi, India
Varun Dua
Owner, World Star Packaging

Their professionalism stands out, and the management team coordinated all project details well. The website has never crashed, and feedback from users has been positive.

We are a manufacturer of disposable paper cups, straws and plastic lids for the ready-to-drink segment of the packaging industry. I am the owner of the company, and we have 85-90 employees on our team, including the management staff.

What challenge were you trying to address with MOBIKASA?

We didn’t have a presence in the web world. Not many people around the globe knew about what we did and who we were, and we wanted to change this. There is a lot of demand for our kind of product, so it made sense to reach out to more people. I had a website in place, but it wasn’t very attractive; it was more of a formality.

MOBIKASA gave me a good idea on how to approach the website build, and how to present my company on the web. I briefed them on my focus, and they also did some research on my kind of business, coming up with an idea of what people coming onto my website should see.

I provided content and pictures for the site, including product specifications and company history. MOBIKASA took this data, converted it to a proper format, and handled the development part on the new site. They also helped me design a backend database for regular customers. I was able to give them a login ID and enable them to enter orders by themselves, instead of doing it by phone.

I was in touch with the project manager and another contact from their team. Apart from those contacts, I didn’t know who was a part of the project.

How did you come to work with MOBIKASA?

Prateek Sachdev, their owner, is a distant cousin of mine. We met at a family get-together and discussed the possibility of working together. I reviewed their past work and became confident that MOBIKASA was a competent company.

The cost of their work was around $15,000.

We started working with MOBIKASA in January 2017. I am discussing the possibility of using their SEO services.

They’re a professional company, and the team did a lot of homework before starting the work. Since going live, the response from the users has been good, and people have left positive feedback. Compared to the previous website, it’s at the opposite side of the spectrum. I haven’t had a single crash, and no one has reported broken links or issues.

How did MOBIKASA perform from a project management standpoint?

The management team coordinated well with me during the development process. Everyone was in the loop around what had to be done, and the work was managed well. We communicated via email.

MOBIKASA made everything seem easy for me as a non-technical person.

No. They’ve done a fine job.

People need to give the team an exact idea of what is needed. Once MOBIKASA has an exact picture, they will develop it well.

They met what I asked them to meet, and there were no delays on the website or the backend tool.
    It’s a competitive market. MOBIKASA is somewhere in the middle, based on the information I got from friends.
    Whatever changes I wanted, no matter how small, they were handled well by MOBIKASA. I never had any complaints.

Web Dev for Enterprise Software Development Company

When it came time to go live, they worked around the clock without being asked.”

Nov. 2016 - Ongoing

MOBIKASA built a Magento cloud-based platform with numerous integrations, also using PHP, MySQL, JavaScript, and CSS. The team mainly did dev and testing, but were involved in nearly the whole project.

Ireland
Senior Project Manager, Development Company

Due to their size, MOBIKASA was able to dedicate the necessary resources and attention. The team adapted well to shifting requirements, and they creatively solved problems. Clear communication led to effective feedback and an efficient workflow.

I’m the e-commerce project manager for a software product and consulting company. We also develop websites, of which around 70% are in various segments of the health and dental insurance markets.

What challenge were you trying to address with MOBIKASA?

We had a complex set of requirements to build a Magento cloud-based platform for a U.S. e-commerce company.

We gave MOBIKASA wireframes and specs, but the project changed quite a bit. They were asked to use discretion and imagination with loosely defined requests, but they also knew how to follow instructions.

MOBIKASA was involved throughout the life cycle of the project, including the architecture, code writing, testing, deployment, and content configuration. Visual design was the only aspect they didn’t do. They mainly used Magento, PHP, and MySQL, but they also used JavaScript and CSS. The website is a complex business ecosystem that integrates numerous features: shipping, payments, taxation, recurring subscriptions options, etc. It even has a network element where customers can connect with professionals to help them apply the product within code or to get advice.

We had a team of about 7 or 8, and I communicated with most of them. One was a project manager, and the rest were developers of various skill sets (both frontend and backend).

How did you come to work with MOBIKASA?

They were recommended by a mutual client.

We started in November 2016, and it’s ongoing.

We don't have a system to quantify what they've done. We haven’t had any issues with their work, though. They make sure the website is browser compatible and works on any device.

How did MOBIKASA perform from a project management standpoint?

The project manager was exceptional. We had daily and weekly meetings and also used Skype and email. Our project management tool was Trello, which we used to move tickets and manage requirements.

The team followed through on their work, were responsive, gave clear feedback on requirements, and asked clarifying questions as needed. When it came time to go live, they worked around the clock without being asked.

Their size is their biggest strength. They were small enough to take our project seriously, and we didn't feel lost or unimportant. Overall, they’re proactive, knowledgeable, and easy to work with.

If they have a design arm, they should develop or promote it more. It would be useful to shift between a technical and design team within the same company.

Overall Score They’re really that good.
    Most everything they did was delivered on time.
    There's always room for improvement.

Web & Mobile App Dev for Digital Accessibility Platform

“They’re as good as it gets when it comes to performance.”

Feb. 2017 - Ongoing

MOBIKASA continue to work on web and mobile applications for a disability accessibility platform. They focus on debugging and developing previous work completed by other technology partners.

Toronto, Canada
Director, Digital Accessibility Solutions Provider

They are extremely responsive partners who have gained a solid understanding of the needs of the platform and its users. Their debugging skills are excellent, and they openly work to improve based on feedback, while contributing their own informed, helpful suggestions.

We develop technology to help individuals with disabilities access digital content, working with organizations on a B2B basis. We also do accessibility evaluations and testing as well to ensure that digital content is developed in a fully accessible way.

What challenge were you trying to address with MOBIKASA?

We had developed new technologies for mobile and were looking to enhance the work that was already done by including new features and capabilities. We’d had different technology partners, for example, for the coding, though some concepts were developed in-house.

The app they helped us with is Android, with some work on a desktop app as well. We wanted them to test the existing and ongoing work to ensure functionality and ensure bugs were addressed. We put a whole process into place for debugging.

We offered the ability for users to interact with their device with switching technology right up to and including hands-free and voice commands. There’s what we call an alternative input to using a device in a standard way. It's created an opportunity for many people with disabilities to still have a positive experience and be able to properly utilize their mobile device or tablet.

They also worked on developing the manual and opportunities to communicate what the functionality was in different ways.

There are several people working on the project but my communication is with the project lead who is fantastic and a pleasure to work with.

How did you come to work with MOBIKASA?

We were attending a conference and ran into MOBIKASA’s lead. We also met one of their clients who vouched for them. We had several meetings and went from there with our collaboration.

We’ve spent between $50,000 and $100,000.

We started working together in February 2017 and we continue to do ongoing work and look for other opportunities.

They're phenomenal at debugging the starting technology from the point where the prior team had reached. They're very good at making suggestions, and they have learned to operate the software in an intimate fashion. They have the ability to understand conceptually what would be an improvement and what could be an improvement, which is very helpful. It’s always exciting to have that kind of commitment from a technology development team because it helps us create a better product.

We have testers globally who might have disabilities and they give us feedback. The feedback has been very good. Where there are changes needed, MOBIKASA are very open and happy to complete them.

How did MOBIKASA perform from a project management standpoint?

They're very good at keeping to timelines and being available for meetings on the various meeting software we use. We have weekly meetings and follow-up from their team to ours. The process is quite organized, and we’re pretty happy with it.

They use tools such as Jira to ensure debugging and feedback loops. They’re extremely responsive. I can’t remember ever feeling that they're not responsive to our needs so they're excellent in that regard.

The project lead treats the technology as if it was her team’s so I always feel they care about the outcome, not as simply a developer, but from our perspective too. I feel a sense of security with them. When creating content or developing digital technology, sometimes there can be a disconnect between our passion for it and the developer’s. That isn't the case here.

I’m sure they’re not perfect, but there's nothing glaring that I would change. Everything is acceptable or even better. They’re as good as it gets when it comes to performance. The timelines were decent. When they say they are going to something, they doit within the prescribed timelines. They're generally on budget as well.

Overall Score They did everything we needed and continue to do so.
    From meetings to getting the project sent out, they’re always on target.
    We were pretty happy overall. They were on budget in terms of our cost.
    On a couple of things they needed our input, but I don’t think that’s a negative.
    I would have no problem making a recommendation. They’re fantastic.

Web Design & Dev for Exercise Equipment Shopify Website

“MOBIKASA has helped us create a more holistic e-commerce experience.”

Feb. 2017 - Ongoing

MOBIKASA consolidated and migrated a website to Shopify, and also implemented features like shopping carts, checkout, and collections.

CEO, Exercise Equipment Company

The new website provides an improved shopping experience for the user with a modern feel and updated user interface. MOBIKASA has remained adaptable, met all deadlines, and continues to be a trusted partner who improves the customer experience and is responsive to feedback.

I’m the CEO of an exercise equipment education company.

What challenge were you trying to address with MOBIKASA?

The e-commerce portion of our company was on Shopify, but since we were partnering with Google, we needed a development partner to help us migrate our entire website to the platform.

Initially, MOBIKASA created a Shopify homepage, but then we ended up adding a shopping cart, checkout, and collections. We had one main product, but we sell many insular products as well. They helped us create our entire shopping experience for all of our products.

We’re currently finishing the transfer of all of our workout and demo videos, education courses, and 150 blogs to Shopify. We’re getting rid of the old site entirely and consolidating all of our content onto the platform.

We were initially involved with a salesperson, but we mainly worked with one project manager.

How did you come to work with MOBIKASA?

Shopify offers vendor reviews which allowed me to reach out to 10–15 companies. MOBIKASA was one of the companies that responded, and I felt confident about working with them.

We've spent around $12,000–15,000.

We started working with them in February 2017, and the relationship is ongoing.

Before, we had a lot of trouble managing the use of our discount codes due to the sequence of which they were being put in. It made for a poor user experience, but now, we have very few issues with it. MOBIKASA has definitely improved the shopping experience for our customers.

We have an updated look-and-feel to our website. It’s more modern, and easier for people to purchase our product. Before, there were two different sites: one for information, and one for making purchases. MOBIKASA has helped us create a more holistic e-commerce experience.

How did MOBIKASA perform from a project management standpoint?

Google needed us to make changes to our website before they started investing, and MOBIKASA has been very responsive in working with their developers. They’ve often been given short notice, but they’ve still remained very communicative.

Whenever I have a question, they respond very quickly. We used Skype in the beginning, but now we mainly communicate via email.

There are many different companies that provide the same services as MOBIKASA. However, unlike other companies, I’m able to trust MOBIKASA because of their responsiveness to design feedback. I can give them very detailed instructions, and they do a pretty good job implementing those changes. They’ve also been very clear about things that aren’t feasible.

They offer a good solution for their pricing, as well as good communication. They transcended expectations when it came to creating new graphics for us.

There’s a bit of disconnect between the project lead and developers which causes the transfer of incorrect information. The project lead said things sometimes that didn’t seem to make sense, and then when we followed up with the developers, that information ended up being incorrect. This didn’t happen often, but they could definitely benefit from better internal coordination so that the project lead is more aware of the developers’ capabilities.

Overall Score I'm happy with the results, and I would use them again.
    They're very consistent about estimating timelines and delivering accordingly.
    They offer a low price for companies in India.
    I'm happy with the look-and-feel of the website, but sometimes I would catch errors that they probably should've noticed.
    It’s less challenging if the client is an active partner and provides a lot of feedback.

iOS Mobile App Dev for Local Social Networking Platform

“MOBIKASA executed what I wanted quite well for a reasonable price.”

Nov. 2016 - Ongoing

Working from UI designs, MOBIKASA completed back-end development for a social event app. They designed features and interfaces, built the core location matching algorithm, and provide ongoing maintenance.

Stevan Nicholas
CEO, Asembl

Although the app needed some minor adjustments, it functioned smoothly and quickly attracted users. MOBIKASA impressed with their constant communication, affordable costs, and willingness to continually make improvements. They delivered an exceptional product and accommodating customer service.

Asembl is a social event app that brings people together to pursue their passions. The app enables users to meet more frequently with people they know and brings them together with people who are interested in the same things. I’m the founder and CEO.

The app is built for iOS currently, but eventually, there will be an Android app as well. I want to do a thorough launch of iOS first. The app is limited to New York right now. The next city I’m going to launch is San Francisco. The Android app development will depend on how the demand is in New York. Hopefully, I’ll eventually have it on every conceivable platform to make it available to the largest number of people.

What challenge were you trying to address with MOBIKASA?

I’m a nontechnical founder and needed a full suite of technical support to get the app built.

I gave them a full set of UX/UI designs including logos, colors, etc. and told them what I wanted. They came back with a proposal and did everything else from scratch. They sent me options for executing the features I want. They took the basic map-based interface and used Apple maps to overlay. The identification of the news and places is done through Google. The core functionality is location-based, and there’s a matching base algorithm that takes people’s preferences and matches them with others who fit their preferences. For example, if I want to play tennis on Saturday on the Lower East Side, I would put in where I wanted to go and what time. Other users could see my personal features. I could also put in whether I wanted to play with a man, woman, or either and what my age preference would be if any. Anyone who fit those requirements and who also was looking for someone like me would see that event in their app interface. The mechanism that matches them together was all done by MOBIKASA.

MOBIKASA helped with the launch of the app as well.

My main point of contact is the project manager. I’ve spoken to Prateek, the CEO, a lot, and since then, I’ve had two different project managers. I know there are other people working on the app, but I’ve only interacted with one, which is my preference.

How did you come to work with MOBIKASA?

I started looking at app development shops so that I would be able to demonstrate proof of concept. I talked to quite a few app companies in New York. It was important to me to have someone to talk to face-to-face and who had a legitimate U.S.-based business in case something went wrong. MOBIKASA was less expensive than most of the companies. A lot of them had a large number of engineers in the U.S., which drove up the price. MOBIKASA has some people in New York that are more on the design side.

The way they pitched it to me was that most of the work was done in India. That was appealing to me because I’ve heard there’s a lot of tech talent there and I would be able to save money. I looked at some of their work and saw they were a legitimate company that had done some good work in the past. I spoke with Prateek and a couple of other people and was impressed enough with them to give them a chance.

I’ve spent $45,000 on the project so far.

We started working together in November 2016, and the app just launched last week. When I paid them, they said the contract included 30 days after the app launched. I’ve launched the MVP and have additional ideas of features to roll out. I intend to work with them on those additions over the next couple of months.

The app launched in New York, and I have 56 users now. MOBIKASA executed what I wanted quite well for a reasonable price. I’ve been very happy with it. Creating the events is slower than I would’ve liked, but they are working to fix that now. It’s crashing more than I would like, but nothing is perfect initially. I understand it will be an iterative process. I was getting anxious to get it launched and it wasn’t important to me that the app was absolutely perfect when it launched. They’ve been very responsive to the changes I need.

How did MOBIKASA perform from a project management standpoint?

Early in the project, we communicated by phone once a week. I wanted to talk about specific action items rather than having scheduled meeting times. Email works well unless there are questions or something that’s not understood. Then we talk on the phone.

They’ve done a very good job. I’ve spoken to other people who have done similar apps and were surprised at how cost-effective MOBIKASA was. They’ve done a great job. I’m entirely satisfied.

There were a couple of times where they got ahead of me. I would have preferred to be directly consulted on things when they were confused about something. There has been some miscommunication about exactly what I wanted. We had to go back and fix things that they didn’t charge me for. It’s not something that bothered me. It’s something that happens when outsourcing overseas. If I had been in the room with them, I don’t think that would’ve happened. I understood that beforehand, and I think the tradeoff was worth it.

It slipped a good bit. I didn’t have a super tight deadline, but it took longer than I was hoping.
    MOBIKASA was cost-effective.
    I’ve been satisfied.

Website Re-Dev for Hotel Room Booking & Management System

“MOBIKASA offers both transparency and professionalism.”

Jan. 2016 - Ongoing

MOBIKASA rebuilt an outdated website to improve the layout, flow, and representation. They continue to provide content and SEO services like Google AdWords.

Delhi, India
Raj Juneja
Director, Hotel Swarn Towers

The new website has generated an increase in bookings and site footprints and is responsible for 30-40% of overall business. MOBIKASA developed several template options and offered examples of previous work. The team provides detailed design expertise and forward-thinking capabilities.

I’m the director of Hotel Swarn Towers in Bareilly, India. We run a 50-room hotel, and also have banqueting venues, restaurants, and bars.

What challenge were you trying to address with MOBIKASA?

We engaged with them to rebuild our website. I had one in the past, but it was basic and outdated due to being over 10 years old. I wanted better graphical representation, a better layout, and a more ergonomic flow.

We did some design research, and then their team provided me with some template options to pick from. Once the content was reworked to perfection, they put it in place across different pages and checked each hyperlink. They’ve updated our website since then by adding content when needed.

We are a business hotel, and most of the people looking to book with us find us online. We use Google AdWords to push potential customers into learning more about the property, the amenities we serve, and the kind of clientele we cater to. We take bookings online as well.

I’m unsure of the technology used for the website because I don’t have a technical background. We’ve recently employed MOBIKASA for our SEO, and I’m also working with them on an application.

Initially, there were a couple of people involved in the project. They have various resources, including graphic designers and content experts. I prefer talking to a single contact who can assign tasks to appropriate team members.

How did you come to work with MOBIKASA?

The previous website had been done by a local resource. I was looking for established companies based out of New Delhi, which brought me to MOBIKASA. I had seen their work online, so I approached their team to discuss my project. I contacted other companies as well to see which one best understood what I was trying to accomplish.

MOBIKASA seemed more professional. A website can be always be made cheaply, but I didn’t want to compromise quality. They agreed to provide examples of their previous work, and they were also straightforward regarding the cost of additional features. Other companies usually go ahead and perform the work, then bill me for it afterward. MOBIKASA offers both transparency and professionalism.

I’ve spent between $45,000–$55,000, but after we implement SEO, the cost will increase.

We started working with MOBIKASA in January 2016, and the relationship is ongoing.

The majority of our business was previously conducted via telephone or on-site, but now, 30%–40% of our business is conducted online. Our bookings and site footprint have both increased.

I’d found other websites in our market made our previous site look outdated and simple, with little variation in terms of design. The updated graphical user interface of the website was much needed.

Once we finished the site, we received a good response. Google AdWords has also allowed us to monitor our traffic generation more efficiently.

How did MOBIKASA perform from a project management standpoint?

Around 80% of the project was completed on time, while 20% consisted of content amendments. Our website was more generic, but the app is more specific.

MOBIKASA provides project templates that include feature checklists, which helps calculate an estimate depending on the necessary amount of manpower, expertise, and expense. If there was a feature I didn’t need, like geotagging, the estimate would be different, which provided transparency for me as a customer.

I might have had better insight into their project management if I’d communicated with someone other than my primary contact. However, it went well, and I received the results I wanted. I became aware of others who were involved because they were included in emails.

We didn’t use any project management tools that I recall. Email was used for general communication, and WhatsApp was utilized for more urgent ideas and designs. My requirements were basic, so we were able to manage the project with only these tools.

Initially, they were very prompt about following up to questions. I appreciated their transparency in regards to cost, as well as their professionalism. They followed the timeline, which is something my previous vendor wasn’t doing. They function differently than other companies I’ve dealt with, and it’s apparent that MOBIKASA is focused design and has forward-thinking capabilities.

During the first meeting, I was a bit confused regarding the technologies being used because I don’t have this kind of background. When they realized this, they set up a second in-person meeting to show me examples of different technologies. It wasn’t necessarily a weakness, but rather something they needed to improve upon. They’ve since worked on this issue, and they’re structured better now that we’re working on an app together.

I’ve tried cheaper options in the past for website design, and it didn’t end well. I paid a slight premium, but received more value because both our bookings and site footprint increased.
    Time is as important as quality when you’re running a business. MOBIKASA offers both.