Mobile App Development, Dubai

We’re an award-winning, Dubai-based, full-service design and development mobile apps agency. We develop awesome mobile apps and games. We inspire emotion, achieve the impossible, keep people thrilled, and make dreams reality. This is our life's work, our legacy, and our passion.

We are the only mobile apps agency in the region to have won at the Cannes Lions award festival 2016. We also have numerous Dubai Lynx mobile apps awards and have also won the SL Magazine mobile apps award for developing the best shopping mobile app of the Year for Geant Hypermarkets.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
  • 411/4th Floor, Goldcrest Executive Tower Cluster C, Jumeirah Lake Towers P.O Box
    Dubai, DU 454270

iOS, Android, & Tablet Dev for Saudi Arabia Construction Company

“I’ve never dealt with smartphone apps. I’ve learned a lot from their team, and they’ve refreshed my perspective.”

Feb. - May 2018

Mobiiworld developed an Android/iOS book app that provides crucial insights for homeowners. They digitized over 300,000 pages of content into an intuitive interface and built a modifiable web backend.

Saudi Arabia
Saleh Altowaijri
Project Manager, Bina Construction

Despite higher production costs, Mobiiworld delivered an exceptional app that justifies the price. The app has gained 3,000 downloads since its launch and now boasts 2,000 active users. The team’s commitment to quality results and strong work ethic have positioned them well for future projects.

I’m a project manager for a construction business. Our company name translates to “The Art of Construction” from Arabic.

What challenge were you trying to address with Mobiiworld?

As an expert in the field, the owner of our company has written a comprehensive four-part encyclopedia for homeowners. However, he felt that a book wasn’t the best format to reach people. Since there’s a high demand for e-books in our region, we decided to digitize the book into an Android and iOS app, which we called the Bina Mobile App.

After giving Mobiiworld a copy of our book, we had 3–4 initial meetings to go over proposals and discuss business prospects. Much of our target audience was older and lacked experience with smartphones, so the app needed to be simple and intuitive to use. Their team accommodated our requirements, provided technical counsel for key situations, and developed a book app for Android/iOS devices. They also built a web backend that we could modify ourselves.

The app itself consists of over 300,000 pages of construction content for homeowners. This includes information on choosing and buying land, understanding the culture of the construction field, working with architects and interior designers, and more. The app also advises homeowners on what they should and shouldn’t do. It’s a high-profile guide that informs users of the potential advantages and disadvantages for each approach.

I’m not sure of how many developers were working behind the scenes, but they assigned a project manager to handle our project. Their business manager and COO were also involved.

How did you come to work with Mobiiworld?

I researched 20–30 mobile app developers before finding Mobiiworld. When we contacted them, I was surprised at the quality of their work process. We had meetings to review the business side of the app, talking only in terms of business and final product rather than costs. They clearly knew what they were doing and were the right match for us.

We spent $85,000. Actually, two months after we launched the app, the app’s owner wanted to do an upgrade. We met with Mobiiworld’s owner and operations manager to get a cost estimate, and they quoted us $20,000–$50,000. However, they persuaded us no to go through with the upgrade because we’d just gone live recently. Despite the fact that they were losing business, they confirmed my impressions that we didn't need to do additional developments. That’s why I’m confident in their team and plan to continue working with them.

From inception to launch, their work lasted from February–May 2018.

We’ve had about 3,000 downloads with 2,000 active users. In fact, many of our users bought a smartphone to access our app. Complaints have mostly revolved around the price; it costs about $40 to read the e-book. We’re currently looking for sponsors to help us boost our reach. Once we get them, I’m sure we’ll climb to 100,000 users.

How did Mobiiworld perform from a project management standpoint?

I was impressed by how professionally they managed the process. They assigned an active project manager, and the business manager and COO supervise everything. In terms of communication, we used phone and email for official coordination. Occasionally, we held digital conferences so that the whole team could listen in on my conversations with the programmers and project manager. The price was high, but the quality of the end product was good.

It’s their boldness that stands out. I’d looked for developers locally in Saudi Arabia, India, and Dubai. After going through several companies, I chose Mobiiworld because I could see their team with my own eyes. That was very important to me. I don’t like coordinating just through emails; rather, I like to see things personally. While other developers might have stronger skills, I wouldn’t be able to visit and interact with them the same way I could with Mobiiworld.

Aside from lowering their prices, I can’t really think of anything. I was never upset with them, and I’m happy with their delivery. As time passed, we became more friends than business partners.

Explain exactly what you want out of your app. Most people have general ideas that they want to implement, but it can be challenging to translate those ideas to the development team. Since I’m an IT person, I wasn’t too concerned with this, but we still had to have meetings, review our ideas, and ensure that they understood what we wanted. Additionally, be sure you know how they’ll charge you, whether that’s per contract, hourly, or based on team size.

Overall Score Since I’m an older-generation IT guy, I’ve never dealt with smartphone apps. I’ve learned a lot from them, and they’ve refreshed my perspective.

Web Dev & Digital Marketing for Immigration Service

“Combining their extensive technical and project management skills, they delivered a very good solution.”

2018 - Ongoing

Working collaboratively with an in-house team, Mobiiworld designed and developed a website. They continue to oversee SEO and digital marketing efforts.

Mohammad Mohsen
CEO, MigrateNow

The website has been driving more business and the internal team loves its look and feel. Highly professional, Mobiiworld always had the right resources available, while their technical expertise and proactive approach made them a reliable partner.

I'm the CEO of MigrateNow. We're legally licensed immigration consultants. We provide immigration solutions for people who want to immigrate to Canada, Australia, or the U.K.

What challenge were you trying to address with Mobiiworld?

We didn't have any online presence and we didn't know what audience we needed to target. We wanted to find a company to help us with digital marketing.

We had some brainstorming sessions with them where we discussed the business requirements and the design of the website. After that, they used Bootstrap and PHP to design and develop an attractive and SEO-friendly site for us. It was a collaborative process and we approved each phase before they moved on to the next level. They did extensive keyword research and then started doing digital marketing and website optimization for us.

We've worked with a business analyst, a technical project manager, designers, and developers.

How did you come to work with Mobiiworld?

I attended a seminar where they were presenting the projects they had done for other big companies in the region. We had a list of requirements we were looking for and evaluated a couple of vendors against those requirements. Mobiiworld's proposal was the most attractive and they had the right set of skills, so we chose them.

We started working with them in 2018 and the relationship is ongoing.

The website is visually pleasing and the user engagement is on the rise. We had no online presence at all before we started working with Mobiiworld. Now, we get an overwhelming response through our website and our business is growing.

How did Mobiiworld perform from a project management standpoint?

They've done a great job. We have a project plan and a clear timeline. They have the right resources available for us, no matter what we need. We've been using MS Project for project management.

I can't think of anything. They handled every phase of the project very effectively.

Have a clear project plan and stringent conditions to make sure you're in control of the project and the delivery times.

UX Design and App Dev for Doctor & Hospital Search Firm

“Their excellent design sense is impressive.”

Oct. 2017 - Ongoing

Besides creating native apps for iOS and Android, Mobiiworld provides UX design for a web-based healthcare rating platform. They’re currently working on front- and backend development.

COO, Doctor & Hospital Search Firm

The app has yet to launch, but the updated designs have garnered enthusiastic praise. Mobiiworld has a strong aesthetic sense and suggests new ideas to make the most out of the budget. Though they could be more forthcoming with personnel schedules, their collaborative nature leads to continued work.

We have a website that allows users to find the best doctors and hospitals. It has a rating system and features options for social media interaction.

What challenge were you trying to address with Mobiiworld?

Our local market has some specific requirements, which differ from European and US standards. We can’t just copy any idea; rather, products need to be customized.

Since we already had a website in place, we engaged Mobiiworld to help us implement a simple signup/login feature. We then expanded their role to include front- and backend work as well as mobile app development.

For the login component on our site, we made the initial design using Adobe XD. Mobii assigned a team of developers to implement our design into the frontend using HTML and CSS. After we verified the work, they proceeded to the backend since we didn't have that experience.

From there, they created native mobile apps for iOS and Android, which is their specialty. We’re currently working on developing a new layout for the site and will finish it this month. The backend work is ongoing.

We worked with one of their project managers and a UI/UX designer. I don’t know the size of the backend team.

How did you come to work with Mobiiworld?

I found their designs to be unique and modern, and they had reasonable prices compared to the local market.

We’ve spent $59,000.

We started working with them in October 2017, and the work is ongoing. The design phase is done, and, after some changes, the frontend development will be finalized this month. I don’t have an estimate for the backend yet.

We’re still in the design and development stage, so we haven't had any live users yet. So far, I’m happy with the design, but I can’t speak to the impact it’s had on my business.

How did Mobiiworld perform from a project management standpoint?

The project management was a bit awkward in the beginning but improved with time. We initially decided on one design, however, they suggested an alternate option which I preferred. Occasionally, I have meetings with them to give my requirements and check their designs. We review work directly with their team, which facilitates any design changes. It’s been a good experience overall.

In terms of communication, we use Slack and Jira to coordinate the project. I prefer Slack because it’s much easier for me to use. They also send us links to work on Adobe XD, where we can post comments and make changes without signing up.

Their excellent design sense is impressive.

Beyond better project management, it would be helpful if the account manager would give us a timeline of the work and vacation periods. In one case, the person who handled our project took a vacation, so no one was available to handle our site responsibilities. It would have been more beneficial if they'd informed us of the schedule or, alternatively, provided replacements as needed.

Clients will get a good deal when it comes to design and development, but they should always follow up with the project managers. Have a clear vision of what you want, whether it’s a website or a mobile app, otherwise Mobiiworld will come up with too many concept options. It’s better to prepare a document with all the technical specifications for the product. Mobiiworld will also suggest including additional features or taking out others to reduce the development cost.

Overall Score It’s been a good experience in terms of cost and quality of design.

iOS/Android App Dev for Auto-Trading Company

“They are open to providing support and quickly fix any issues we have.”

Jan. - Mar. 2017

Mobiiworld developed an app compatible with Android and iOS mobile devices. They designed the app to allow for product viewing and user interactivity.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Director of Sales, Auto-Trading Company

The app was developed without significant bugs and within the timeline. Though clarity in internal communication could be improved, their work fulfilled all expectations. The Mobiiworld team’s support is available for fixing issues that arise on the app after development.

I’m the director of sales at an auto-trading company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Mobiiworld?

We needed help in developing our mobile app. The app had to be built to allow our traders to view our cars and place bids within the app.

They designed the entire app after we revealed our vision for it to them. The Mobiiworld developed it so that the app functions on iOS and Android devices.

We worked directly with the CEO, project manager, five developers, and a few teammates who specialized in backend development.

How did you come to work with Mobiiworld?

We had worked with other service providers before and weren’t satisfied with their work, so we searched online. We reviewed Mobiiworld's portfolio, and we liked that they had worked with bigger companies before. We were comfortable after meeting with the owners a few times.

We worked together from January to March 2017.

We have no issues with the app, and they delivered everything we asked for.

How did Mobiiworld perform from a project management standpoint?

We had no problems with how they managed the project. We communicated through email, and there were a few delays but only because of scope changes.

They are open to providing support and quickly fix any issues we have.

There are occasional miscommunications between the project manager and his team due to language barriers, but it isn’t a frequent problem.