Magento Development company

Mobecls is a professional team that provides solutions for Magento e-commerce websites.

We offer:

• high-quality code;
  • flexible solutions;
  • easy-to-use tools.

Minsk, Belarus

Magento Design & Development for Home Decor Co.

"Responsive and reliable, they were a leading Magento developer."

Oct. 2018 - Ongoing

Mobecls designed and developed a Magento website. Features include an improved search tool and a zoom-in function.

Redmond, Washington
UX and Content Designer, E-Commerce Platform

Bounce and exit rates decreased as a result of the improved UX. Although scheduling could be better, Mobecls is a timely and attentive partner that provides effective support. Honest and affordable, the team continues to meet expectations.

I am the lead UX and content designer and marketing specialist for an e-commerce retailer of home organization and décor products.

For what projects/services did your company hire Mobecls?

My company wanted to launch our new website on Magento. Since our in-house development team was not familiar with the Magento platform, we needed a partner with that skillset. Furthermore, we needed assistance with solutions that required work with third-party integrations.

In addition to responsive design, the website needed accelerated load times, improved search capabilities, and a zoom-in function for users to enlarge products.

I had worked with Mobecls before. Responsive and reliable, they were a leading Magento developer. We considered a few different companies, but Mobecls offered the right combination of value and technical knowledge.

Mobecls has designed the website and developed features including the zoom-in function. The team has built an advanced search tool to streamline how customers find our products. They delivered the designs using Adobe XD.

We have worked with Artem (General Manager, Mobecls) and then Tanya (E-commerce Manager, Mobecls).

Although the website is too new to measure specific impact metrics, bounce and exit rates have dropped significantly since our collaboration began. The UX is much improved as well.

Planning and logistics have been unsteady as a result of both companies being startups. However, the collaboration has been effective and respectful. The team provides satisfactory support and implements changes within set time frames. We communicated via Slack, Tello, and email.

Mobecls has prioritized appropriate solutions that benefited us over their bottom line. They are responsive, honest, and agreeable partners.

The team could improve project scope details and planning. They should be more specific about deliverables and realistic expectations for implementation, especially given the time zone difference.

Overall Score They have provided high value, honest communication, and good industry knowledge.
    Although some deliverables fell out of the service level agreement, we understand that not everything is foreseeable.
    Mobecls is very affordable compared to other vendors. They have even done some work outside of the project scope.
    They have delivered great value and timely, honest work. The team meets expectations.
    Their deep knowledge of Magento is very helpful.

Magento Dev for Home Furnishings Platform

"Mobecls provided a cost-effective, conversion-wise redesign."

Jan. - Feb. 2019

Mobecls redesigned a home furnishings Magento platform. The firm offered custom solutions for improving the digital shop. They continue to provide server and Magento development support.

Tallinn, Estonia
Owner, Home Furnishings Platform

Mobecls provided reasonably priced services for Magento redesign and ongoing support. They resolved site errors and modernized much of the site, including the search engine and mobile application functions. The project manager was communicative and found appropriate solutions.

I am a sales manager for a home furnishings company.

For what projects/services did your company hire Mobecls?

Mobecls needed to redesign our Magento 1.x platform and then provide ongoing support.

We needed responsive design of our Magento platform.

A developer of Magento recommended Mobecls based on previous work.

Mobecls redesigned our platform and then provided various solutions to boost our digital shop. They provide ongoing server and Magento development support.

We worked with a manager.

Mobecls was a professional and highly-qualified web designer. The redesign was cost-effective and aided conversions. They fixed errors and improved the search engine, footer, check out, and application functions. The site is more modern and better-functioning, with no malfunctions.

They provided different solutions and ways for moving forward; I chose the one best-suited to me and the company. All completed tasks were overviewed in Trello, and we had multiple meetings through Skype.

The manager always found appropriate solutions and never lost sight of the final goal. She provided very good communication, fast responses, and professional advice. She was 100% dedicated to the work and could always be reached to answer even the most mundane questions.

The team's professionalism and dedication distinguished them.

No, I was happy with the service and expertise provided.

Magento Dev and Migrations for Golf Sports Goods Company

"They proved themselves to be very good at both customizing existing extensions and building extensions from scratch."

Apr. 2015 - Ongoing

Mobecls transitioned an ecommerce site from Ruby on Rails to Magento. They continue to build additional features and provide troubleshooting for the site, including transferring servers and updating PHP code.

Seattle, Washington
Internet Manager, GolfDiscount.com

Mobecls has played a significant role in business doubling over the last two years. Their tireless and diligent work, despite a 9-hour time difference, adheres to expectations, and has resulted in clean code and an enhanced customer experience.

I’m the Internet Manager at GolfDiscount.com, an online golf equipment retailer based in Seattle, Washington.

What challenge were you trying to address with Mobecls?

About four years ago, we made the switch over from a Ruby On Rails-based proprietary software to a Magento platform. We had our original developer overseeing the transition, but we realized after the site went live that we needed more support from Magento experts.

Mobecls initially worked closely with our in-house developer to assist the transition from Ruby On Rails to Magento. They worked on everything from troubleshooting communication with our internal ERP system to navigating the re-indexing and caching process.

One of the big tasks they took on was transferring our server from Amazon Cloud over to Sonassi, which had a Magento-specific stack on their service that would speed up and elevate the performance of our website. Mobecls worked directly with Sonassi for about two to three months to ensure the transition was smooth. Even after we re-launched on Sonassi, Mobecls continued to troubleshoot when needed.

This past year, Mobecls moved all of our PHP code from version 5.4 up to version 7 code. They also added some web caching performance using Varnish and mobile caching performance using AMP.

Our products are complex — a single product can have multiple attributes customers can choose from. Currently, Mobecls is building out a custom ordering system from scratch that allows customers to select the attributes they want on a product, and the prices will change accordingly. It’s been a two month-project because of its complexity, but we’re coming up on the final stages.

Our next major goal is to slowly migrate from Magento 1 to Magento 2. We anticipate it could take anywhere from three to nine months to complete a project of this caliber, and we’re depending on Mobecls to guide us through the process.

We communicate primarily with Artem Pugachev [Business Development Manager and Project Manager, Mobecls]. I’m not sure how large his team is, but I know Mobecls has offices in both Ukraine and Russia.

How did you come to work with Mobecls?

I’m not certain because it was our previous internet manager who handled our initial contact with them, but I believe we reached out to a handful of services in our local area. We then decided to take a look at the international market for more competitive prices. We found several overseas firms on Freelancer.com. We interviewed about three or four firms. Mobecls was among them — they came highly recommended and their rate was competitive, so we decided to do a couple preliminary projects with them to see how well they worked.

As they gained our trust, we began giving them more tasks to do in tandem with our local in-house developer. They proved themselves to be very good at both customizing existing extensions and building extensions from scratch. So when our in-house developer decided to move on, we brought Mobecls on full-time to manage our development.

We’ve spent close to $100,000.

We began partnering with them in mid-2015, and we continue to work with them.

Our business has doubled in the last two years, and Mobecls is a big part of our success. We really leaned on them when we were struggling to get our website to function properly. They strive to offer suggestions and ideas that will keep our platform competitive within our market.

How did Mobecls perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve performed well. As they grow, I’ve noticed that they take a bit more time to complete tasks, but I’m comfortable with that because the more clients they get, the more knowledgeable they become about trends in the marketplace that can enhance our business.

Our projects rarely have hard deadlines they have to adhere to, but with projects that do, Mobecls will do what they can to ensure they meet expectations within our timeline.

I speak with them every day primarily via Google Chat or email. Despite the nine-hour time difference, there is a rare time I can’t get ahold of them if we have a problem that needs attention.

I was anticipating a language barrier, but despite English being their second language, it was always easy to communicate with them. I never have to simplify or over-explain a task to ensure they understand what I needed.

The time zone has delayed us in a couple instances when we needed immediate assistance, but as they’re growing, I think they’re working on ensuring that someone’s available to help us at all times.

Trust the developers instinct, but understand your particular business’s needs. Artem and his team really want to build a relationship with their clients, so if you make it clear what you want to achieve, they will shape their suggestions around your goals and the experience you want to create for your customers.

Overall Score They’ve been a huge part of our growth.
    It’s very rare that I can’t get ahold of someone to troubleshoot an issue for me.
    Their cost is extremely competitive, particularly in comparison to local developers.
    They provide clean code in a timely manner.
    They’re very easy to work with.

Website Dev & SEO, Ongoing Hosting for Truck Wholesale

"I was drawn to them because of their competitive pricing, as well as their overall professionalism."

2016 - Ongoing

Mobecls provided the website development, SEO, and hosting services for a wholesale truck company. Detailed search filtering and live chat functionality were key requested features.

Bridgeton, New Jersey
Daniel Vin
President, NCL Truck Sales Inc.

Through quick work and consistent professionalism, Mobecls was able to deliver the desired end product on time and within the necessary budget. Despite being on a different continent there were never communications issues, although some natural delays occurred because of the distance.

I am the president of NCL Truck Sales Inc., and we sell trucks on a wholesale basis.

What challenge were you trying to address with Mobecls?

We wanted to increase our sales and visibility through the development of our first website.

Mobecls built us a website using Magento. The overarching goal of the site was to provide a digital showroom that then directs clients to call us directly. I found a site template, provided them with all the specifications and features that I wanted, and they built it from the ground up. One key functionality that I requested was search filtering capabilities, which was vital for our customers to be able to locate the right truck(s). We have about 200 unites in stock, and the filtering allows any user to quickly find the desired product. Mobecls also installed a chat function and provided search engine optimization (SEO). Although the primary site development and launch has completed, they continue to provide us with ongoing maintenance—by implementing Magenta patches—and site hosting services.

There were three primary people, one of whom was the team lead, and they would occasionally mention the primary coder, although I did not interact with the coder in person.

How did you come to work with Mobecls?

They were recommended to me by friends, and I chose Mobecls out of a final selection of three or four vendors. I made my decision to engage them after a short period of time, probably within two months.

So far, I have invested a little less than US$10,000.

We engaged their services back in 2016, and the primary work was completed within a month or two. The maintenance work is ongoing.

I have no concrete metrics to share, but overall it has improved our online presence and the business’ visibility. The website works well and I am very satisfied with their work.

How did Mobecls perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management was effective. I would mostly discuss the SEO with the team lead, although she also occasionally offered feature suggestions. Then the three of us would have a conversation about how to make those ideas actionable, we would make a decision, and they would take care of it. We did not need to speak often; after the work period I described above, they would do their work and we might not speak for a month at a time. I never felt the need for daily updates.

I was drawn to them because of their competitive pricing, as well as their overall professionalism. They delivered everything in a timely manner and within our budget. My research on other similar companies here in the U.S. indicated that their value for money is impressive.

Because they are located in Europe, there were occasional delays based on their differing work calendars. That being said, it was never a serious problem.

You need to know exactly what you are looking for, and try to be as specific as possible. No one else can make these decisions for you.

Overall Score I will happily continue to engage their services.
    Their pricing is impressive.
    I have already recommended them to others.

Magento Verification Integration for E-Commerce Company

“It’s rare to find someone this well-rounded in every aspect of the Magento world.”

Apr. 2014 - Ongoing

Mobecls integrated several Magento extensions, installed advanced e-commerce analytics, and improved speed and optimization. They’re currently assisting in implementation of a QuickBooks POS system.

11- 50 Employees

Pueblo, Colorado
IT Manager, E-Commerce Company

Platform speeds have increased immensely, ultimately improving overall efficiency. Mobecls’ optimizations and general commitment to excellence have pushed the client’s business forward amidst strict regulations and requirements. Their analytic and practical nature continues to impress.

I’m the IT manager of an e-commerce company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Mobecls?

I initially did the work myself, but the business expanded so much that I wasn’t able to manage it any longer. We have eight stores, a warehouse, and dozens of employees. I decided to look for offshore help.

I was using a company in India, but their team split up, which sacrificed harmony. There was also a language barrier. Mobecls is much better with taking time to evaluate our concerns and reply back in English.

Our industry is ever-changing with new laws and regulations. Mobecls has worked with me for a long time to help our e-commerce in becoming compliant as far as identifying customers and implementing APIs. We utilize extensive background checks to make sure people aren’t buying products while underage, etc.

I started using them when a ‘buy one get one free’ extension came out for Magento, and realized they were really good with mathematics. A lot of other developers lack those skills. Mobecls was able to do unique things with discounts and numbers. When handling any kind of financial system, it’s important to have someone that understands numbers. Mobecls customized this extension for our particular application, because we had some pretty extensive needs as far as deals go.

Mobecls completely rebuilt the 1.9 version which the previous vendor originally worked on. They put in wholesale stock modules and hooked them up to Webgility connectors. They’ve also worked on speed and optimization. We had a lot of bugs in the previous vendor’s work, so I had Mobecls rebuild everything.

They’ve also installed advanced e-commerce analytics recently, and are currently working on our Quickbooks point-of-sale system, which is a desktop-based platform. We’re migrating all of that over to a cloud-based system in collaboration with another developer who provides the base software. Mobecls helped me keep that organized.

I have a couple points of contact, including Artem [e-Commerce Manager, Mobecls], who was the first person I talked to. I also communicate with Alexander [Project Manager, Mobecls]. I can talk with anyone there if I need something, and they make sure it gets fixed.

Their company has really expanded, and they’re always adding new people and connections to meet their needs.

How did you come to work with Mobecls?

Many developers make these smaller extensions that are available. I installed the ‘buy one get one free’ Magento promotion that they had on sale a few years ago for my app to sell more products. It worked incredibly well, and Mobecls was able to customize it for me at a decent rate. I decided to work with them further because I trusted them to handle the financial information.

They were able to solve complex problems, which gave me the initial confidence to continue working with them for more development. It’s rare to find someone this well-rounded in every aspect of the Magento world.

It’s not a difficult process because there are plenty of people looking for work. It is, however, difficult to find someone willing to put up with the client. Some people don’t try to build a business relationship with their client, and they get the job done and leave. It’s not like that with Mobecls.

We started working together in April 2014, and the work is ongoing. They are working on a very extensive project for me now.

They optimized our system from a D grade to an A or B on many sites. The speed keeps getting better, and they’re always making adjustments. They make sure to make the best uses of the amount of products we have and what we’re paying for the server. Everything is displayed quickly on mobile and desktop, and the site is completely different than before. The speed at which I’m able to get things done has saved me a lot of time. They pride themselves in exceptional performance.

The age integration piece had the website down for three months because of the FDA’s ruling. The software we now have to use protects us as a company. Mobecls had my site running again in a couple months, and it worked fairly well. They continued to adjust things and add small features. I wouldn’t be selling anything online without Mobecls because there wasn’t anything offered at the time for Magento. We were one of the first to offer this type of integration that checks the name, address, and age of the customer.

It’s a very competitive online when there are other places selling from places like China. However, we’re doing well.

It’s very rare that our website goes down, whereas before it was unmanaged and unsupported. They have systems in place that report errors back to them, and they usually have problems fixed before I realize what has happened. They’re good with security aspects as well.

How did Mobecls perform from a project management standpoint?

We have a one-on-one relationship. I need someone who understands our business. They’re available on a daily basis through chat platforms, and I usually talk with them four days a week. They’re always willing to speak with me. Sometimes, I might wait a week to let them know to continue forward. They’re also available on weekends.

They’ve implemented a process that allows them to finish things in a timely manner. They have a project management tool, but they enter tickets after talking to me in order to get an understanding of what I want. Afterwards, they pass it on to the developer.

I always have a long list of tasks, but what we’re able to do depends on what funds are available. We have to decide what to do now, and what can wait in order to have the best ROI [return on investment]. They’re good at choosing practical tasks. They’ve put my requirements together and made an itemized list in an Excel spreadsheet. We make plans for the next 2–3 months. They also have a CMS that they use to manage clients.

Their chain of command also works pretty well. They’re able to find the right resources to complete any task I give them.

They never lose patience with me. I understand the challenges of coding. They’re willing to listen and never give up on trying to fix a problem. I like their flexibility and that they don’t bill me for every conversation. They ask when I need something done and then find the appropriate resources. There’s no task too small, and that’s why I continue to use them.

It would be nice to have them closer, but that’s not possible. Mobecls provides more for $125 an hour than I could get in the U.S., and they’re well worth the money. Their English proficiency is also very good, and they’re very professional. Everyone wants a faster turnaround time, but we have to work with what we have.

Be open and truthful about what is wanted. Ask what their capabilities are beforehand, and if they feel comfortable with it. They’re likely going to agree to anything because they have the tools and resources to accomplish it. Make sure to have a budget in mind so there aren’t any unexpected fees. They’re very straightforward with the work they’ve done.

Do research and figure out if a business relationship or one-time project is being sought after. They will do either, but they prefer to build a relationship and learn the business.

When outsourcing for Magento, there are many agencies that have good ratings. The key is finding the right services at the right price. It’s important to find someone who understands the cause of a problem from the beginning without having to take too many steps. Mobecls is willing to work to make things right. They’re not pushy.

I don’t do a lot of scheduling. I’m usually the one who causes delays.
    Their products and services exceed expectations. They dedicate themselves to solving problems.

E-commerce Re-platforming & Implementation

"I had a high degree of confidence Mobecls’ abilities."

June 2016 - Ongoing

Mobecls manages a retail site conversion from a proprietary Java stack to a more contemporary Magento architecture. Tasks include writing custom middleware, migrating data, and creating templates.

11- 50 Employees

Seattle, Washington
Shilo Jones
Director of E-Commerce, Destination Lighting

As the new platform’s launch date approaches, in-house assessments indicate a beneficial ROI from its deployment. Mobecls’ consistent availability, day-to-day workflow organization, and specific expertise continue to add value to the partnership.

I am the director of e-commerce for Destination Lighting.

What challenge were you trying to address with Mobecls?

We were going through a re-platforming process with Magento 1.9.

Mobecls was hired to support our re-platforming efforts. We knew the direction we wanted to take but needed help with the implementation. We converted from a proprietary, Java-based stack built 10 years ago to a more contemporary e-commerce architecture, with the goal of implementing it within the timeline and budget we expected.

They’ve provided engineering services primarily, as well as some mobile strategy work. We defined the scope of work, business requirements, and technical specifications in collaboration with Mobecls’ team. They’ve handled every aspect of the re-platforming, from writing custom middleware between the e-commerce platform and our ERP [enterprise resource planning] to handling data migration, template development, and new features and functionalities.

The major features included a payment gateway and integration between our platform and the ERP. Mobecls has worked on 2 non-transactional sites and a transactional site for us, and they provided customization on the default Magento themes we were using. They also enhanced our product details page, provided export functionalities, integrated search capabilities, and handled a customized extension build-out that supports all the components of our platform on the user side. We have an administrative interface with many capabilities built-in. Mobecls is also working on Varnish Cache for site management.

We’ve had 3 developers from Mobecls’ side, who were frontended by Artem, their project manager. The size of the team varied based on the timing we set for each task. We’ve also had gaps where no people were assigned to the team.

How did you come to work with Mobecls?

I’d worked with Mobecls on a re-platforming project for a former company and felt comfortable using them based on that experience. I had a high degree of confidence in Mobecls’ abilities and value.

For the initial selection at my previous company, we were looking for particular expertise and researched many agencies. We selected Mobecls for a test project before engaging them in a larger one.

How much have you invested with Mobecls?

The cost of this project was $50,000 or more.

We started working with Mobecls in June 2016. They provide ongoing maintenance and QA work.

Mobecls has been a valuable partner in helping us with this implementation. They’ve let us bring the platform to market, and we consider them a team member. The new platform isn’t live yet, but I expect it will benefit our company.

How did Mobecls perform from a project management standpoint?

We don’t interact with the developers that much. Artem handles the coordination, and we speak to him on a daily basis. We have standup calls daily using Google Hangouts about upcoming product launches. We also have weekly planning sessions.

Artem is responsive and willing to accommodate our schedule, which sets them apart from other offshore development firms. He is available for both email exchanges and live conversations.

What did you find most impressive about Mobecls?

I’ve appreciated Artem’s responsiveness and availability, as well as Mobecls’ expertise in the Magento ecosystem. The value-per-hour has been solid.

Are there any areas Mobecls could improve?

As I mentioned to Artem, the project extended longer than we anticipated. He is comfortable in doing what the client asks, but he could be more proactive in pushing back and sharing his expertise about how to get from point A to point B based on the team’s experience, rather than letting us find our way. I’d like to have more strategic guidance about the kick-off of a major re-platforming project. Lessons from the current engagement could be applied to future work.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with Mobecls?

Think about the scope of the project and spend time up front talking about the product’s philosophy, budget, and timeline. For smaller engagements, this is an easy matter; for bigger platforms, it’s important to get the team’s input to find the best approach.

Whenever we outlined tasks, Mobecls provided good estimates but didn’t always meet them.
    They’re excellent compared to domestic resources with the same level of expertise.
    Mobecls provides good value, but there’s room for improvement.

Server Migration and Dev Support for Online Clothing Store

"We greatly appreciated their ability to deliver what they promised on time."

Jan. 2014 - Nov. 2018

Mobecls migrated an e-commerce platform to a FreeBSD server before developing and implementing new Magento capabilities. They also filled security holes and provided server maintenance.

Dmitry A.
CTO, Viomart LLC

Mobecls server migration is crucial to continued efficiency and productivity improvements. They communicated consistently and were accessible via multiple channels. A commitment to on-time delivery and specification fulfillment makes them a reliable partner.

I was the CTO of Viomart, LLC. It’s an e-commerce website specializing in clothing, footwear, and accessories.

For what projects/services did your company hire Mobecls?

We needed development services to support a server migration and ongoing maintenance.

We wanted to improve our security and develop new e-commerce features.

We chose between dozens of companies and freelance developers on Upwork.

Initially, they transitioned us to a FreeBSD server. Then, they scanned for and eliminated security vulnerabilities and developed custom Magento e-commerce features. They then provided ongoing maintenance and support.

We communicated with a project manager mostly, but we also spoke with a development team lead.

Our business was dependent 100% on this project. Without a new server, our website wouldn't exist. They delivered completely.

They provided constant communication via email and Google Hangouts.

We greatly appreciated their ability to deliver what they promised on time.

No, not that I noticed. I was completely satisfied with their performance.

Overall Score I'd definitely work with them again.
    They were almost always online and responded in minutes.
    They delivered everything we requested.