Digital Marketing Experts in PPC, SEO, & Analytics

MKG Marketing is a digital marketing agency servicing Tech and Healthcare Clients all over the world. We are a SCRUM based organization who only hires digital marketing experts in SEO, PPC, and Website/Campaign Analytics.

Seattle,
  • Seattle
  • New Orleans
  • Portland
  • Philadelphia
  • Cleveland, OH

Bento for Business, ExtraHop, Informatica, Maxim Integrated, NETGEAR, and Weaveworks

Digital Marketing Services & Strategy for Startup

“They came up with some awesome ways to accomplish certain tasks that I wouldn’t have thought of.”

Aug. 2019 - Ongoing

MKG Marketing researched keywords for SEO, completed a technical audit, and cleaned up Google Analytics. By establishing a single source of truth, they can now track path to purchase and customer retention.

Michelle Urban
VP of Marketing, Atomist

The project was successful, and now the client is able to establish marketing objectives and measure success. MKG Marketing provided expert advice and completed the project quickly. With several objectives in mind and a single source of truth in place, they are continuing their partnership.

I’m the VP of marketing for a startup called Atomist.

What challenge were you trying to address with MKG Marketing?

I recently was brought into this company because they didn’t have a set marketing strategy. The company has only been around for a year, so executives and developers were doing their best, but we had very few resources. We didn’t have a single source of truth (SSOT), and we didn’t have a way to track the path to purchase or customer retention.

I knew exactly what I wanted to get from this project. After our initial screening, they were off and running. In two weeks, they delivered a report on keywords we should use to use as we restricted our site for SEO. Then they completed a technical audit and organized our Google Analytics to keep our data clean.

Our next phase will be to overhaul our search engine marketing (SEM) strategies.

Jessica (Account Director, MKG Marketing) and Spencer (Director of Analytics, MKG Marketing), were my main points of contact. However, Mike (CEO, MKG Marketing) was very hands-on and regularly would check in. I was really impressed because executives at other companies I’ve worked with have said they would remain involved, but they always disappear once the project starts.

How did you come to work with MKG Marketing?

Our users are very technical, so we wanted a company that understood that background. I was loosely considering an overseas competitor, but they took so long to get back to me that they would have extended the length of our project by several weeks.

I worked as a consultant for another technical company, and their PR strategist recommended MKG Marketing to me. I was impressed by their experience, and that they listened to my business needs. Unlike their competitors, MKG Marketing didn’t stick to a cookie-cutter system. Instead, they created a custom solution that would fit our needs and they stuck to a designated timeline.

We’ve spent about $10,000.

MKG Marketing offered a very quick turnaround. The project only lasted a few weeks in August 2019.

I’m really happy with their work. Although we don’t have any metrics at the moment, we expect to see a big impact on our numbers moving forward. We have an SSOT, so we’re able to create marketing goals and can measure them. Now, we can start working on other projects like creating a dashboard. I fully intend to continue working with MKG Marketing. For startups like us, it’s really important to have experts we can lean on.

How did MKG Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

I would give them a 10 out of 10. Although we communicated via email and phone, we also used video calls. I really appreciated it, because it made it easier to put names to faces. It showed that they would go the extra mile to get to know their clients.

I was really impressed by their quick turnaround time. However, as we worked together, I was also impressed by their way of approaching things. While they listened to my needs, they were also really thoughtful about inserting their opinions and offering best practices. They came up with some awesome ways to accomplish certain tasks that I wouldn’t have thought of.

There’s nothing I can think of.

Determine what you want and work backwards. Terms like SEO help are very vague, but if you can establish deliverables, they can help you get where you want your company to go.

They were always on time, communicated effectively, and were accountable for the deliverables.
    I’ve done similar projects, and I know what the standard price is.
    They gave me everything that I asked for.

SEO and PPC for Security Platform

“They were really data-driven and communicative.”

Apr. 2018 - June. 2019

MKG Marketing provided SEO services, using 404, H1, and meta description tags. They also manage PPC campaigns using Google Ads, AdRoll, Quora, and Facebook.

Washington
Manager, Network Security Platform

MKG Marketing’s efforts significantly increased the number of inbound leads. They also helped raise search rankings on certain keywords. The team is proactive and organized. While they aren’t the cheapest option on the SEO market, the team consistently delivers impressive results.

I’m the marketing manager at a cybersecurity software company.

What challenge were you trying to address with MKG Marketing?

We needed help with on-page SEO and PPC.

They were both highly analytic processes. The SEO was on-page and analytic only, so there was no inbound link strategy or off page SEO at all; it was primarily 404s, H1, and meta description optimization.

For the PPC side of things, they used Google Ads, AdRoll, Quora, and Facebook. I worked closely with their team on keyword research as well.

I worked with seven members of their team.

How did you come to work with MKG Marketing?

The previous marketing manager established our relationship.

The project began in April 2018, and we wrapped up in June 2019.

We had record quarters of inbound MQLs (marketing qualified leads) through the PPC ads and our SEO rank increased for several keywords.

How did MKG Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

They were great. They were really on top of things, and we had a meeting every two weeks with most, if not all, of the team we worked with. They’re really organized.

They were really data driven and communicative. Overall, they’re a great company.

I would say there were too many spreadsheets, but I’m honestly not sure how they could’ve fixed that. Also, I would’ve liked if they had off page SEO, like inbound link service, in addition to what they were offering.

They should clarify that they only want on page SEO versus more comprehensive SEO.

They’re great.

SEO for Tech Manufacturer

"The general consensus is that their quality is exceptional."

Dec. 2017 - Ongoing

MKG Marketing provides content optimization, audience segmenting, backlink analysis, backlink optimization, and assistance with pay-per-click ad campaigns.

5,001-10,000 Employees

San Jose, CA
Senior Director, Digital Marketing, Tech Manufacturer

MKG Marketing consistently delivers high-quality work. The team is invested in fostering strong connections and adds a familial aspect to their workplace relationships. Honesty, professionalism, and digital expertise set them apart from other SEO partners.

I was a senior director of demand, digital and growth marketing at a tech manufacturing company.

What challenge were you trying to address with MKG Marketing?

We needed to build our infrastructure correctly from a digital ecosystem and lifecycle management perspective. They have a specific expertise in digital and demand marketing, and what we leverage them for is SEO, building the organic audiences, and being able to sustain that growth and being able to articulate the correct digital storyline to those customers.

When it comes to tactical implementation, they never shied away; they always had their hands in different projects. It was both content optimization, audience segmenting, backlink analysis, backlink optimization and assistance with PPC.  They never walked away from a challenge we presented to them, so they did in creating that nucleus across many different areas of digital marketing.

We are a data company; whether it's in big data, master data management, data governance, both private and public cloud exploration, they're constantly trying to better the organization by helping capture and facilitate the data in ways that benefit the business.

My day-to-day contact was Jenna (Account Director, MKG Marketing). I would also have contact with Mike (CEO, MKG Marketing) Kerry (COO, MKG Marketing ), and Christian (SEM Director, MKG Marketing).

How did you come to work with MKG Marketing?

MKG was actually a referral of my senior VP of digital marketing. I enjoyed working with them so much, and saw great results in doing so, that I brought them on to partner with me at my new company.

I've invested over $600,000.

We began working together in December 2017, and our engagement is ongoing.

The general consensus is that their quality is exceptional. MKG doesn't necessarily hire the new-grad, or someone just out of college. They take a different approach to hiring more subject matter experts within areas of expertise. I think that sets them apart from a lot of different agencies. I'm an expert in the digital analytics space, so I need outside, third party expertise when it comes to helping craft and create a story to disseminate to electrical engineers. That's where they set themselves above others in the industry.  We need that deeper level of intimacy when it comes to SEO, and that deeper level of granularity when it comes to analytics, and applying it in the correct way.

How did MKG Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

We use Skype, Zoom, Google Hangouts, OneDrive, and Microsoft Teams.

As far as project management goes, they're very efficient. I hold them in very high regards. It's never a problem of digging too deep, it's about delivering the correct way.

When you partner with certain entities you need to be able to build a reciprocated relationship. MKG went above and beyond to generate that reciprocal relationship. It was both strategic and tactical, friendly and familial. They never made it only about the work side of things. They really embraced the family mentality that I was trying to bring into the organization. To this day, they take a personal and professional interest in getting to know the organization, the different stakeholders, the different goals, both objective and subjective of each and every stakeholder, and apply that to the strategic flow they were looking to achieve.

They very easily become part of your working nucleus and your working family, which is very important to me. I often joke with my team that we're with each other more than we're with our families, so we're going to laugh, cry, celebrate, and argue together. MKG fits themselves into that dynamic, doing what they do at a tremendous level, in that same context. They're not always looking for the money, they're looking for you to achieve your goals. I've worked with some of the larger type of agencies and smaller boutique agencies. I've never found an agency outside of MKG that was so willing to be a part of our family, not just integrating us into theirs.

Truth be told, no. I'm a stickler for wanting to improve. I would say the only thing was, when I was looking to onboard a new paid search agency, MKG was part of the conversation. I had carte blanche in making this decision, but the one coup d'état was that they had to use the Adobe Marketing stack. MKG did not do that. Instead of MKG catering to what we wanted, they were upfront and honest in saying "we do things a different way". I really respected that. They said they would rather stick to their values and be honest in what they're capable of versus catering to what the client wanted. I view that more as a positive.

PPC and Social Media Marketing for Charter Network

"Smart and diligent, they cared about the work they were doing for us."

Apr. - Dec. 2016

MKG Marketing contributed to PPC and social media marketing efforts, participating in strategic planning, audience targeting, and keyword identification discussions.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Kimberley Carey
Associate Director of Marketing and Media, BASIS Independent Schools

CPC, lead quality, and program engagement all improved, which helped positioned MKG Marketing for a larger project. The team was constantly available and ensured that their response times fit campaign necessities. Their dedication to success and industry expertise made them stand out.

I was the associate director of media and marketing for BASIS Independent Schools. We’re a network of Pre-K–Grade 12 private schools focusing on raising the standards of student learning to the highest international levels.

For what projects/services did your company hire MKG Marketing?

We needed someone to manage our PPC as well as our social media strategy and activation.

We wanted to drive engagement with and consideration of our network of private schools. It was essential that our campaigns delivered quality leads that would ultimately become conversions (whether signing up for info sessions/open houses or filling out an application).

We vetted a number of companies to partner with. Not only did we need to feel confident in their capabilities, but also, from a culture standpoint, we needed an agency that we could mesh with. Our marketing department was small but nimble, and we sought a partner with those same qualities.

MKG Marketing’s team helped us define our strategic plan and execute our PPC and social media campaigns effortlessly. They targeted a niche, hyper-local audience in a competitive market with clear keyword strategy recommendations.

We primarily worked with two project managers with whom we were in constant communication. We also worked closely with the CEO.

It was essential that our campaigns delivered quality leads that we would ultimately convert. On the PPC side, we saw our cost per conversion (CPC) decrease and our lead quality increase. For our social campaigns, we saw an uptick in both information session and event sign-ups. We were so happy with the metrics that when our charter network needed help advertising for their upcoming enrollment period, we recommended MKG Marketing.

How did the MKG Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

Although the MKG Marketing team worked remotely, you'd never know it. Collaboration and communication were necessities for us, given our time-sensitive campaigns, and their team was always responsive and easily accessible. Furthermore, we developed a synergy from forming strong, working relationships.

What impresses you about the MKG Marketing?

They focused all of their attention on achieving our business outcome: getting students in seats. Not only were they easy to work with, but it was also clear that they knew their stuff. I relied on their expertise in a space that was relatively new to other members of my team. MKG Marketing's team heard and understood our challenges.

The agency proved to be a great partner. Smart and diligent, they cared about the work they were doing for us. I couldn't have asked for a better group to work with.

They do have a minimum required spend for their partnerships, and, being in the education industry, we didn’t have a large marketing budget. Since our network was composed of five schools, we were able to make it happen.

Optimized Websites and PPC for Cryptocurrency Marketplace

“Their balance of professionalism and commitment to quality work is impressive.”

June 2017 - Dec. 2017

MKG Marketing provided SEO, digital campaign planning, and PPC services for several websites. They enabled analytics tracking, keyword tracking, and other digital services.

Fully Remote
Jenn Cloud
Marketing & Communications Manager, OB1

Their team increased the number of product downloads per website visit. Additionally, they found SEO keywords not previously targeted and continue to provide a steady stream of qualified leads for potential clients. They should find ways to make their clients more accessible to small businesses.

I am the Marketing and Communications Manager for OB1, a venture-backed startup that is building a decentralized cryptocurrency marketplace.

For what projects/services did your company hire MKG Marketing?

We hired MKG to help us with the search engine optimization of our websites, digital campaign planning and guide us with PPC work.

We wanted to have excellent tracking for our web properties, including campaign conversions and website traffic.

We were referred to MKG Marketing. Both sides determined the partnership was the right fit after research.

We relaunched our software and wanted to ensure our web properties received maximum exposure. We started tracking meaningful conversions in addition to other analytics. MKG Marketing also handled our keyword targeting and PPC campaigns.

I was the point of contact for my team. We worked with an account manager and a team of experts that focused on Google tag management and PPC management. Occasionally, we worked with the agency owner for major campaign changes, pitches, and reviews.

MKG helped us determine and rank for keywords that we previously looked over. They provide a steady supply of qualified leads for potential clients to visit our website. These leads increased our conversion rate of product downloads.

How did the MKG Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

I appreciate their approach to project management. They were professional, organized, and regularly follow up with us to keep our project on track.

What impresses you about the MKG Marketing?

Their balance of professionalism and commitment to quality work is impressive. We have a comfortable work atmosphere that is both engaging and transparent.

I believe it would be beneficial for their business to explore setting up an ongoing SEO and PPC maintenance package. This would make their services more accessible for small businesses like ours and keep them as clients for the long-term.

SEO, PPC, & Analytics for Creative Agency

“They’re very knowledgeable around the various processes that they implement, and they know how to get results.”

May 2017 - Ongoing

MKG provides SEO and PPC ad services by managing campaigns to increase brand awareness and drive new leads to sales. They supplement a team that includes both a PR and a creative agency.

Beaverton, Oregon
John Trembley
CMO, Atmosera

Since the start of the engagement, 100% of new customer leads converted to sales can be attributed to MKG’s campaigns. 67% of those sales are a direct result of SEO and pay-per-click efforts. Aside from a few resource shifts in the beginning, the process was smooth and collaborative.

I’m the CMO at Atmosera, a cloud solution provider. We specialize in managed services for companies looking to move their infrastructure or services to a cloud-based environment.

What challenge were you trying to address with MKG Marketing?

One of my responsibilities as CMO is demand generation and brand awareness. We engage with MKG for two specific needs: SEO to broaden our profile and increase our Google ranking, and demand generation through pay-per-click.

MKG is our agency of record (AOR) for SEO and pay-per-click. They manage relevant day-to-day tasks and optimize our digital assets according to best practices.

Internally, we work proactively to identify specific areas for improvement while constantly managing the combination of keywords, themes, and subject matter expertise that we want to highlight. We oversee these practices from an SEO standpoint while also identifying content areas that are successful/lacking. This is also our process for reviewing our advertising strategies. We then use this information in conjunction with our larger campaigns, which are tied to specific topics or services that we’re looking to push. We then connect everything through pay-per-click ads to redistribute demand/site traffic according to our current marketing goals.

MKG takes a lead on how to most effectively structure those campaigns, monitor their performance, manage their budget, and ensuring that the ROI is worthwhile. They work collaboratively with me and our creative agency in preparing content/visuals that further our goals. They’ve also made changes to our site in line with SEO best practices.

There are always a minimum four people on our calls. We primarily work with an account/project manager, an SEO specialist, a pay-per-click specialist, and an integration/analytics specialist. Other key members of their team engage on specific challenges as necessary.

How did you come to work with MKG Marketing?

We were using another agency before the start of the engagement and needed a change. When I was in the market for a new agency, our CEO suggested I reach out to MKG after hearing about them from a personal acquaintance.

We signed a 12-month contract with them in May 2017.

The campaigns drove 100% of all new customer leads that we were able to convert to sales in the last year. This is an incredible indicator of success. 67% of those sales were directly attributed to SEO and pay-per-click.

How did MKG Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve been very organized throughout the process. However, there were a few staff changes during our project that created some challenges. MKG fosters an environment that allows for vacations, account switches, etc. They do a very good job transitioning and making sure that new people are up to speed, but it’s still not the same as having a dedicated, full-time resource. Over the past six months, we’ve been able to stabilize and there are very few shifts on their end.

Apart from the occasional resource shifts in the beginning, we’ve been very happy with the engagement.

With SEO and pay-per-click projects, you have to be very invested. They require meticulous oversight and need to be actively sustained. Make sure you understand the audiences you’re looking to reach, and take a hands-on approach to tracking results.

Overall Score There were some hand-off issues as they were cycling through folks.
    We’ve seen a huge number of high-quality leads, and our search ranking has improved dramatically.
    I’ve already recommended them.

Demand Gen Marketing & Research for Tax Company

“They provided market research to help launch a successful advertising and marketing campaign.”

Aug. 2017 - Ongoing

MKG Marketing created demand generation marketing campaigns to raise awareness and highlight services. Extensive research and detailed reports were top priorities.

1,001-5,000 employees

Seattle, Washington
Sr. Director, Demand Gen. Marketing, Tax Company

All campaign goals were reached, partially due to MKG’s excellent work. The team communicated well and consistently delivered. Unlike other providers, MKG takes time to truly understand their customers’ products and/or services, creating better results.

I’m the senior director for a company that produces Software as a Service (SaaS) to help businesses calculate, file, and remit sales and use tax.

What challenge were you trying to address with MKG Marketing?

We wanted to raise awareness for sales and use tax and our company’s services, and we also wanted to conduct research on what messages and key pain points would resonate with potential clients.

This wasn’t my first time working with MKG; I’ve worked with them in two prior roles in the last five years. In the past, they’ve done organic and paid search, but this time we just wanted demand generation marketing campaigns. We wanted to build targeted campaigns for software and manufacturing verticals, and we want to understand what messages we should advertise. They could be in any medium:  banner ads, e-mails, or other marketing channels. They recruited people that fit our potential client profile (i.e., finance and accounting professionals) and conducted expansive research to find what was important to them. They had a list of questions for each category and asked them to the interviewees.

After that, they reported back to us what they found and what they saw as key trends and patterns in the research. They helped us hone in on what message we should choose; we could have gone with efficiency, easiness, accuracy, etc., but we wanted to be succinct and precise. They provided market research to help launch a successful advertising and marketing campaign.

We have around four people. There’s an account manager, two who do most of the work, and one who oversees everything. I’m not involved with the project on a day-to-day basis, so that may be a bit different. We speak with our main point of contact either daily or weekly, depending on the project.

How did you come to work with MKG Marketing?

I met them at a previous job and brought them on here. We were considering two companies at the time, but MKG’s past success, cost, and nimbleness made me choose them.

We’ve spent about $50,000.

We partnered in August of last year, and the campaign launched in October, but we’re still working together.

Multiple factors influence our success, but overall, we did achieve our campaign goals. Every channel had different goals (e.g., for paid digital we had impressions, click throughs, desired bookings targets), and we accomplished them; in part, thanks to MKG.

How did MKG Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

They communicated everything well, and they delivered within our budget.

They took the time to understand the services and products we offer. Their background work and research allowed us to create a successful campaign.

Be clear on what you're trying to do, and give them as much information as you can. They’ll take it and do a great job.

Overall Score They’re easy to work with, nimble, and deliver good work.
    They deliver on time.
    They're very reasonable.
    The quality is always good, on time, and on budget.
    They do good work.