More is possible.

For category leaders—and those who aspire to lead—MiresBall provides trusted creative expertise drawn from 30+ years of work with global brands.

With a balance of passion and pragmatism, we give organizations the confidence to aim higher and achieve more.

1985

3. Best Western Hotels Rebrand encompassing 4000+ properties worldwide
  4. Ballast Point Brewing and Spirits Rebrand set the stage for $1B acquisition
  5. AirFuel Name and identity development for global wireless charging standard

Branding and Packaging for Vape Company

"They were personable and smart. John was the creative force behind the team."

Dec. 2017 - July 2018

MiresBall updated branding to reflect industry changes. The team conducted on-site research and designed the visual identity. Deliverables included logo design, packaging, colorways, and a general style guide.

San Diego, California
Jonathan Forstot
CMO, Jetty Extracts

The team’s business acumen and strong design skills maximized results. They kept the project on schedule by efficiently updating designs to comply with fast-changing industry practices. MiresBall went above and beyond to provide expert advice and assist with an external production process.

I am the CMO of Jetty Extracts. We are a cannabis vape company here in California.

What challenge were you trying to address with MiresBall?

Since we began our business in 2013, the cannabis market has evolved considerably. Our industry became a recreational adult use consumer market rather than medical only. Consequently, we needed to refresh our logo, packaging, and overall identity. We also had to accommodate that new identity and packaging to new regulations in the cannabis market.

For packaging, we already had the form factor with a child-resistant mechanism, so MiresBall focused on our identity and overall design. The team provided a range of designs; we considered a variety of identities—from revolutionary to evolutionary. Next, they visited our dispensaries to conduct research to supplement our emerging market’s minimal user data. Ultimately, MiresBall delivered a logo, packaging, colorways, and a general style guide.

There were three people on the core team. We worked with John (Principal & Creative Director, MiresBall) on the creative direction side and Shawn (Designer, MiresBall) on the art direction side. They onboarded illustrators and designers as needed.

How did you come to work with MiresBall?

I had worked previously with MiresBall and knew their team and capabilities well. We interviewed them along with a couple of other agencies. They were the strongest and best choice.

We worked together from December 2017–July 2018.

The new packaging launch resulted in significant growth. Currently, we continue to expand while several competitors have either gone away or now hold a diminished presence in the market.

How did MiresBall perform from a project management standpoint?

The project was difficult because government agencies changed regulations in real time. Consequently, we had to react by adding warning information and moving things around. To compound the challenge, we ended up working with a new vendor on packaging production. MiresBall did a great job because they kept us on track as we navigated these hurdles.

Their creatives’ execution of designs accurately reflected the briefs. The team doesn’t do design for design’s sake; they understand the value of design and its needed function from a business standpoint. Holly (Managing Director, MiresBall), who runs the account, had considerable business experience. She went well beyond project management and severed as a business advisor as well, which was very valuable.

Everything is always urgent in our industry, and MiresBall certainly felt that. Turnarounds could have been quicker at times, but we also demanded timelines that most vendors are not used to. Having said that, timing was never a real issue. They got everything done on schedule.

Create a solid brief and ensure that everyone is committed to it. Once they have that, MiresBall will be in good shape to deliver in adherence with scope specifications.

Overall Score They were personable and smart. John was the creative force behind the team.
    Overall, they did a good job.
    They aren’t the least expensive, but they deliver a lot for what they bill.
    They worked hard to deliver above and beyond our initial ask. They weren’t afraid to chase a variety of creative directions as needed.
    I refer them whenever I can.

Product Launch Support for Global Electronics Company

“They understood that business objectives might shift and stuck with us to find solutions.”

Jan. 2015 - May 2017

MiresBall provided design and messaging support for product launches, which involved POS collateral, web design, and social media content. Their assets contributed to branding playbooks for regional use.

10,001 + Employees

San Diego, California
Caroline Walker
Former Global Marketing & Communications Lead, Samsung

Customers and sales reps alike praised MiresBall’s promotional materials for their clarity. Even with changes in direction, the team remained nimble, transforming feedback into innovative solutions. Their flexibility, tenacity, and customer-centric approach helped make them critical partners.

I was the former global marketing and communications lead for Samsung. We're a global electronics company based in Korea.

What challenge were you trying to address with MiresBall?

At the time, we were getting ready to launch one of our products: an external SSD, which was uncommon at the time. We were one of the first companies to launch and commercialize this. As such, we had to explain the everything from scratch. We needed to make sure that our potential customers understood the product’s functions, either visually or through text and headlines. I reached out to MiresBall to help us with some of our brand works, ranging from POS to positioning within our markets. We wanted to figure out how to message our products and what it would take to make us stand out to the customer.

In general, their team helped us prioritize new product launches (including the external SSD), making sure that we had all the necessary information in the POS materials to educate our target markets. They provided a broad scope of services but mostly worked on design and messaging.

They also helped us extensively with our website design and social media. Before we launched a product, we would develop a playbook with assets that we could pass on to different regions around the world. They developed our social media content, which involved online posts, images, and videos as well as some of the copy and headlines.

I had one main point of contact, but there was a team of people working behind the scene. At one point, I had a conference call with about five of their members, but I’m not sure if there were more people working on our projects.

How did you come to work with MiresBall?

I’ve known them for over a decade, now, having worked with them at numerous companies in a variety of capacities. I’ve always enjoyed collaborating with them, so I reached out when I moved to Asia.

Their work lasted from January­ 2015–May 2017, though I left the company around that time. We hired them based on our project needs, so I’m not sure if they’re currently working on anything with Samsung.

Because we provided MiresBall with a very specific direction, I’m not sure how much of our success was necessarily driven by their efforts. However, in terms of sales, all of our metrics trended upward. Both our customers and sales reps gave positive feedback about their materials and what they accomplished: whether the customer clearly understood the product or what the customer liked about our collateral. Additionally, they knew how to get the most out of our assets by reusing them in different applications beyond their original context.

How did MiresBall perform from a project management standpoint?

I enjoyed working with them, and, to a certain degree, I viewed them as an extension of my team. I always had a point of contact who informed me about the project status, and they consistently delivered on time and under budget. Despite changes to the branding direction, they accommodated our needs and produced successful results. They were flexible using the available resources to find creative solutions within our time lines.

It was phenomenal working with them, and I considered them a guiding partner throughout the projects. Beyond taking the time to understand our product lines and goals, they were flexible and listened actively. They understood that business objectives might shift and stuck with us to find solutions. Compared to other agencies, they were extremely receptive to feedback, working to incorporate them into better end products. I knew that the team would stick with me until they got it right, which was worth its weight in gold.

Be transparent about what you want to achieve early on. The more insight that the client can offer, the better the work will be. MiresBall is more than happy to work with their clients to ensure that they’re happy at the end of the day.

Overall Score Wherever I work with them, they become a trusted partner within that organization.
    They’ve never missed a deadline.
    They worked with us until we were happy with the final product, and the quality of their work was always top-notch.

Advertising Agency of Record for Global Tech Company

"They were open, honest, and direct ... Working with them was always a really good experience."

$10,000,000+

2000 - 2016

MiresBall helped with global advertising, a branded website build, digital & print media, out-of-home B2B collateral, & content creation for target audiences to learn about, sell, & purchase product offerings.

10,001 + Employees

Bellevue, Washington
Former Marketing Program Manager, Global Tech Company

Good listening skills and thoughtful, inquisitive responses fueled a 16-year relationship. Miresball set realistic timelines and expectations and never went over budget. Their quality of work, attention to detail, and strategy were especially notable.

I was a creative producer for a global tech company. We were working on global advertising, producing digital and print content as well as out-of-home collateral for the B2B side of the house.

What challenge were you trying to address with MiresBall?
I engaged with them on several occasions to help create the content and programs we needed and educate our field and target audience on our product offerings. We wanted to create compelling content that would empower and engage our internal or external target audience, and then prompt them to take action. From an internal perspective, we wanted users to take the content, learn from it, and be able to use it to be able to sell servers, laptops, or desktops. From an external perspective, we wanted to educate users to want to learn more so that they would buy a server, laptop, or desktop.

One of the last projects I worked on with MiresBall was a brand site. They created the materials for the website and also executed its build. I had them develop a brand site for an internal audience where we housed all our brand assets and where our global agency partners could log in and access the logos, messaging documents, and visuals specific to our B2B branding campaigns. This would allow them to create creative assets from that content. MiresBall was instrumental in making sure it was branded with our corporate identity but from a specific B2B perspective. They were able to manage the login and password. We would get new assets that we would need to upload, and they would upload those. Sometimes they would be one of the agencies that needed to leverage some of the content to be able to create content.

Besides the branding site and all of the assets, MiresBall might work on something for a larger event such as the consumer electronics show. They might create all of the visuals for the booth space as well as kiosk demo content, sales collateral, and content displayed on a monitor or through the demo. It was a fully integrated brand experience. Around that event, we might have them do something out-of-home, for example, a takeover of the side of a building for which they would help develop and implement the creative elements.

We had a very collaborative relationship. We’d look to them for strategy development for how we might develop and promote the branding. Because they were an end user of the branding as well, they also helped strategize the functionality.

How did you come to work with MiresBall?
When I started working for the company in 2000, they were already an approved vendor. I learned of them through my manager who had been using them. She recommended that I use them for a specific project. We engaged, and it was a great experience.

How much have you invested with MiresBall?
We spent $10M over the course of 16 years.

I started working with them in 2000, and I left the company in 2016. I don’t know if they continue to work with the company.

The one thing I really enjoyed about them was that they were never in a rush when thinking about a project. They were always very logical and analytical, thinking and asking the right questions. It was a great two-way conversation. They would go off and strategize and come back with a solid plan and options. What they came back with was always what you asked for along with 2 or 3 more options that were even better. They listened, and the relationship was collaborative.

Their work was well received by our internal team. They did a lot of the main creative for the development forum and would then hand off the creative to another agency to implement. For example, Jack Morton would be the agency to bring it to life, but MiresBall would create the design guidelines around it. I was not focused on consumer marketing but on B2B, which is not the same. B2B companies like their bite-sized chunks of information, statistics, and direct fluff-free content. MiresBall understood that about our target and was able to deliver strong, compelling content that an IT decision maker would really believe.

How did MiresBall perform from a project management standpoint?
Their project management was always customer focused. There was never a time I didn’t get what I asked for. There were always options for how to do it better. One thing I appreciated was that if I sent a project their way, and they couldn’t do it in the time allotted, they would let me know right away. I’d have to find someone else to do it, but I’d always go back to MiresBall because they were honest with me.

What did you find most impressive about MiresBall?
John Ball [partner/creative director, MiresBall] was always a good listener. He asked really great questions. The only way he could do that was by hearing what we were saying. He knew our target, our product, and our company brand so well. He listed to me, thought about what I said, and then answered me. His comments were always thoughtful, and the strategy side was always on target.

I don’t like to work with agencies that engage in “terrorist billing,” which is when they get the whole project done and then tell you that you went over budget. That never happened with MiresBall. They were always good with billing.

Are there any areas MiresBall could improve?
There’s always room for improvement, but I can’t think of anything negative about MiresBall.

Overall Score Their quality of work, attention to detail, and strategy are great. You can’t go wrong when you have a solid strategy.
    They set realistic expectations up front. They would always give me a reason why a project was going to take longer than expected.
    As a Southern California agency and compared to rates in New York, Chicago, and San Francisco, the value was worth the standard rates.
    They always gave me what I asked for and then went above and beyond.
    They were open, honest, and direct and had great strategy and strong creative to back it up. Working with them was always a really good experience.