Transform your Vision into Reality

Mindster is a mobile app development company which prioritize on developing powerful Mobile apps which offers enriched user-experience to the customers. We partner with startups and outsource web application development to enhance the productivity in business. Mindster has a work experience of more than 6 years in custom native mobile app developments in retail, e-commerce business, travel and enterprises.

We create outstanding mobile apps to allow our users to exactly decipher the ideations of innovation in order to make their enterprises truly distinctive. Experience a dignified quality in the custom mobile app development and grapple an seamless and robust mobility ecosystem with highly interactive displays and reaffirmed quality. As a leading mobile apps development company, we always aspire to graph profitable trends for startups to fortune 500 companies that aims to achieve an unparalleled level of success with no substitute. Development team at octal build scalable and engaging mobile apps as per your business requirements that are highly sophisticated and extremely functional.

kozhikode, India

• Aramco (KSA)
  • Eden Red (France)
  • Stories Global Homes (India)
  • C3 Card (UAE)
  • Raya Financing (KSA)
  • Alupco (KSA)

Stories

An ecommerce store designed exclusively for décor items and furniture accessories. We have developed a Magento based ecommerce Portal along with supporting mobile apps in both Android and iOS platforms.

Raya Financing

Raya financing is a sharia compliant ecommerce web/mobile app that provide financing for both new and used cars. We have also developed their web app with subtle features like vehicle leasing, service request, monthly statement, duplicate key request etc.

Oman Air

An online portal, we developed to enhance the travel experience of their frequent flyers. The key features of the app includes online flight bookings, frequent flyer programs, checking flight status, request for redemptions etc.

Drinn

Drinn is an online cardiology health-care solution developed in both web and mobile platform that provide a convenient, reliable and secured platform that help patients to connect with their cardiologists.

C3 Card

A mobile wallet app developed in both Android and iOS platform for corporate services in the Middle East. The key features of this app includes online transactions, money transfer, mobile top-up etc.

Outsourced Development Relationship with Fintech Firm

"Mindster’s input and expertise enhanced our ability to work with large credit card companies and other APIs."

Jan. 2010 - Ongoing

Mindster helped a financial tech company develop WordPress sites and several mobile apps, including a flagship payment app integrated with multiple APIs and third parties' technologies.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Shumaiz Abdulsalam
IT Director, Financial Services Company

Mindster's dedicated and extensive support helped launch a a service unique to the region. The agency's adaptive team structure and willingness to customize their workflow have fostered a strong partnership.

I am the IT director at C3, a French-based group with a presence in 42 countries, including the U.S. We have been a part of Edenred Group for the last four years, and have been operating in Dubai since 2008.

What challenge were you trying to address with Mindster?

When we started the company, our biggest challenge was finding software development resources. Rates are high, and attracting the right resources in the Middle East is difficult. Almost all companies outsource to Asian countries, with India accounting for 80%. Our requirements were mainly centered on mobility development and web business portals. In 2010, we were mainly working with SharePoint and other Microsoft platforms. We were not satisfied with our website at the time, which had been made by a local company in Dubai.

We chose Mindster for a complete revamp. This was a basic WordPress website that served as an information portal and was built using market technologies.

From there, we also started working on mobile apps in the financial technology space. Our main project with them was to create a payment app for end users. We developed natively for Android, iOS, and Windows Phone.

We have been in touch with a single point of contact, our project and delivery manager. The project was arranged by his subordinate, who collected data and system requirements on the technology side.

We also had a development team, but didn’t get involved deeply with that layer. We had a business contact, a project manager and a senior technical lead.

Depending on the project, we have had approximately three to four developers working for us. Some projects had tight schedules and requirements changes, which demanded that we go live within short periods of time. In those cases, Mindster assigned more resources.

How did you come to work with Mindster?

We found them through references and looked at the work they’d done for Indian companies. Mindster had built some excellent websites.

The mobile development project had a budget of $40,000. In total, we’ve spent between $50,000 and $200,000.

We started working with Mindster in 2009 or 2010. We have an ongoing relationship.

At the time, we were stepping into the market with real payment apps, which needed to be connected with multiple APIs and third-party service providers. Our previous partners found it difficult to complete these integrations, but Mindster’s approach allowed us to successfully launch the mobile apps. They have become the main revenue streams for our company, and we are highlighting them as such.

Mindster’s input and expertise enhanced our ability to work with large credit card companies and other APIs. This was the first time in the Middle East that a cross-border money remittance service had been launched, and we have tested it successfully with one of the major credit card providers. We were outsourcing the work, but from the card provider's perspective the work was being done by the C3 team. We showcased Mindster as part of our company.

How did Mindster perform from a project management standpoint?

We found them to be dedicated, professional, and flexible in terms of timing. Many of our projects have been completed by larger Indian companies. In comparison, Mindster has been very flexible in not adopting a systematic, Agile process. They didn’t insist on going through all the project management steps, but worked systematically from the start of the project to its end. They do have an Agile process in place, with systematic meetings, but we didn’t have these requirements.

We have used JIRA internally. They had their own instance of it, which they synchronized with ours.

When compared to local resources, they are very economical. At the same time, Mindster offers great quality.

So far, I’ve been happy with their performance. They have explored any new technologies we needed and hired resources if they weren’t available. I have no recommendations to give.

Web and App Dev of Car Financing Portal

"Their project management gets the work done. They interpret … requirements properly."

Mar. 2017 - Ongoing

As part of a multi-phase project, Mindster worked with the in-house team to build a cross-platform app, as well as using .NET to integrate a web platform with Siebel. Other work includes SharePoint development.

Saudi Arabia
Thomas Merine
Director of Sales and Marketing, Commercial Technologies Plus

In addition to receiving good feedback, the team has impressed with their innovative solutions and thorough communication. Their collaboration skills and consulting experience set them apart from competitors.

I’m the director of sales and marketing at Commercial Technologies Plus.

What challenge were you trying to address with Mindster?

An automobile financing client wanted a mobile and web application for managing their online sales. Their end customers needed to be able to go online, log in, and have their national ID and bank credit score verified there. They could also search for car models and see monthly payment options.

The system is integrated with the Siebel CRM that the client uses. This gets the credit score so they can qualify the customer, who can then pay the down payment online and get the car delivered at their preferred location. The web application is done in .NET, and the mobile app is natively built for iOS and Android.

We had a project manager on both sides. There were 10–12 developers.

How did you come to work with Mindster?

I knew their experience from previously working in Saudi Arabia. They had done similar projects in this area. Their connection and the way they coordinated with end users for the requirement analysis, development, and training were excellent.

The first phase of the project is $50,000.

We started working together in March 2017. We're now moving to the second phase.

We divided the project into different phases. After phase one, we got a good response from the client.

Any new inquiries I get about mobile application development, enterprise, portal, and SharePoint development, I always talk to Mindster. We pitch in with our consulting experience along with theirs, and it makes a big difference.

We also did a SharePoint project together. The client was unable to communicate properly with offshore developers. Mindster provided a solution of assigning one project lead working from the client office, who would take input from the users, the client's project manager, and the offshore developers. This way, the work was completed on time and the deliverables were met as per the project documents. That was a good experience and the reason I still work with them.

How did Mindster perform from a project management standpoint?

My client and I only talk to the project manager, who gets everything done for us and has experience in the mobile, aviation, government, etc. sectors. He talks their language, so that makes life easier. We communicate over email and conference calls through GoToMeeting.

Their project management gets the work done. They interpret the client’s requirements properly.

If they could assign some senior pre-sales consultant dedicated onsite, it would help increase the account closures. I would also appreciate if they could be more aggressive on the sales front.

Dev. of Gulf-based Web Directory

"I liked that they took the changes I requested and always found a solution."

June - Nov. 2010

Mindster developed a web platform that serves as a company directory, using PHP and Zend, among other processes. APIs for app compatibility and Google Maps integration were also included.

Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Faisal Al Harbi
CEO, Inwan.com

Working with the in-house team, Mindster delivered a satisfactory product, utilizing their skills and expertise to create an innovative solution. The team was also responsive, organized, and time savvy.

Inwan.com is a directory with profiles of different companies in Saudi Arabia. We currently have more than 100,000 listings. I am the founder and CEO.

What challenge were you trying to address with Mindster?

We were starting the platform from scratch and needed it developed from start to finish. I'm an engineer but in a different field than IT, so I also needed consultation around the best solutions and resources.

They provided all the website development, using HTML, PHP, MySQL, and the Zend platform. There were APIs developed between the website and apps. An in-house app developer worked with Mindster. We also integrated Google Maps into the pages, and I’m sure there were other components involved.

We had a project manager and a senior programmer assigned from their team. I was always in contact with them through weekly conference calls. Other team members from our side joined later and took things forward.

How did you come to work with Mindster?

I researched online and found a few portals. Mindster had good ratings, and I saw a few of the projects they'd developed.

There were different phases in the project, and I believe the total was in the range of $40,000.

We started working with them in June 2010 and finished in November.

I liked that they took the changes I requested and always found a solution. They never came to me saying that something was impossible to develop. Even if it was a challenge, they found a way around it.

The nature of what I was asking was unique—no other website provided the exact same requirements. Mindster had the imagination to think about what I wanted and give me something satisfactory.

How did Mindster perform from a project management standpoint?

They wanted me to use specific platforms and software, but I was more comfortable with Skype, email, and Excel sheets for follow-ups. Overall, I was happy with the communication, feedback, and organization. There were a few delays, but not because of their side; some of the requirements were changed.

They were organized and had a good way of following up and delivering. I found that they could manage the process and execute.

The IT sector is always evolving. My project took place long ago, and back then, I would've told them that they needed to grow their app development team. But from what I’ve seen on their website and from communicating with them, they have indeed done this and are doing very well. I haven’t used them for app development, but I might in the future.