We are Mobile and Web Architects.

Do you need a mobile or web solution? Then meet Mind Studios team: we are top-notch mobile and web architects. Our main strengths are business analysis, UI/UX design, and web (front-end & back-end) + mobile (iOS, Android) development.

The reliable, dynamic and innovative team of our professionals can support you at every part of your business' lifecycle - we can help on stage of business analysis, assist with the UI/UX solution for your product and end up with web or mobile development of your project.

Our projects are a reflection of the powers obtained by our team - aspiration, tech-savvy pros and creativity.

...So, it makes no difference whether you are a huge company representative or an entrepreneur with an innovative idea, here in Mind Studios our team will do their best to provide you with the most effective turn-key solution for your case.

Some of our products on top of it:

• qWaqq

MCFit: Blockchain-based crypto-platform for gamers

Rentorr: Real Estate Platfrom in South Africa

TapToTrip: Handy Offline Route Planner

Unight: Nightlife Marketing Platform

Unight is a one-of-a-kind platform that connects users and best venues in the city.  Every venue is able to follow its own marketing strategy and publish news, photos, discounts, even sell tickets online.  Place owner can see the analytics real-time.

Users can easily manage the parties they check-in at, share photos and events, and receive discounts and bonuses at their favorite spots.

Real Tracking: an innovative iOS application that helps to control the transportation of shipments online.

Real Tracking project consisted out of a website and an iOS application for international cargo transportation, which locates your order anywhere in world, simplifying both logistics and planning. In our development we used the most recent technologies, allowing this app to cover 97% of the Earth’s surface - to ensure user’s cargos won’t be lost. The real time tracking of the cargo’s location involved us using GEO-location services, and also the great focus was put on design, making it easy-on-the-eyes and attractive at the same time.

LiT eReader: A handy eBook reader for iOS and Android

LIT is an amazing iOS and Android application that allows you to store all of your favorite novels in one eLibrary - with an unlimited access to the trendiest masterpieces of the Typography World.

qWaqq: A digital music-streaming app aimed to promote music

qWaqq is a digital music-streaming app aimed to promote music. Apart from design work, we have also conducted a 3-part development work, which included web-platform (for songwriters to sign up within the system and upload their unique content), mobile application for iOS, synchronized qWaqq with iTunes music, and the backend part with a server responsible for parsing meta tags from media tags, and for all the operations with HLS, DRM encryption in the format of FFMPEG and m3u8 playlists. We have also used a CDN - to optimize the content users receive.

SternFit: A social network for top-performing athletes.

SternFit is a startup designed for passionate athletes willing to create their own exercise, diet or supplementation program - or for someone who has just made up his mind to get fit.

After the series of style explorations, the solution we eventually picked was the cleanest and the simplest concept at the same time, bletchingly white, leaving a comfy feeling of space as the user’s impression. The chosen style is pretty decluttered, re-creating the vibes you might spot in a classy gym.

Web Dev for Fitness Platform

"They really think about the problem; they're not yes men."

Feb. 2018 - Ongoing

Mind Studios took over a web development and design project from a previous partner. They identified key features and offerings, created a new design concept—which included rebranding—and launched an MVP.

Leon Cassidy
Founder, Fitr

The live beta has received positive feedback. Mind Studios challenges their clients and thinks about long-term solutions. They are highly accessible and use communication channels that allow for remote collaboration. However, some lack of communication has caused delays in the project.

I’m the founder of Fitr. We’re a remote, client-to-coach delivery mechanism that’s looking to apply our technologies to various industries.

What challenge were you trying to address with Mind Studios?

We were trying to develop our apps and platform but our code was horrendous—unusable—and we were in a really sticky situation. We said we would give it another roll of the dice with a development house that knows what they were doing or try something else.

Mind Studios provided end-to-end development services. At the first call, they provided excellent advice about whether or not we should carry on with the code that we had or if we should scrap it. We decided to take the good ideas from the original business, get rid of the stuff that wasn't working, and build a platform that was designed to take us where we wanted to go.

After we scrapped the old code they gave us some advice about rebranding the company with a fresh start. They were very much concept-based and got involved in the business analysis, even before going anywhere near design or code. They helped us learn from our customer experiences and think about the features with which we wanted to go back out in the market.

The next step was building an outline or concept of what this might look like. We went from the Ferrari model with all the glitz and glam to the Audi model, which still had the nuts and bolts, and finally to a minimum viable product (MVP) version of Fitr. They were very instrumental in helping us understand what could wait. Ideally, you want to put everything in, but that’s just not possible. We came up with ideas internally, but Mind Studios helped us put the apps on hold and start by focusing on building a web tool and having that optimized for phones.

I mainly deal with two people: the project manager and the team member who sits underneath him. I’ve had some involvement with one of the founders, who was my original point of contact. Other than that, there’s a team of between eight and ten designers and front- and backend developers.

How did you come to work with Mind Studios?

I had terrible experiences with two other development houses, so I decided to give it one more chance. I was recommended to Mind Studios by a friend of my brother who had used them before.

We’ve spent around $50,000 so far.

We’ve been working together since February 2018.

We've released the beta so we're not fully-fledged, out there in the market, but it's been well received. It might sound really obvious to say, but the stuff just works. Going from the experience of broken code and buttons not working and coming to a set of guys who are excellent designers and having stuff work is amazing. It makes it a lot less stressful. Rather than spending huge amounts of time trying to fix bugs we can look to how our user base is using the platform and make tweaks.

How did Mind Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

Mind Studios is currently four weeks behind schedule, however this does include some small additional work that was not originally agreed.

The main tool we use is Slack and I think it’s excellent. All the team members are on Slack, but I also have communication with two main contacts. They’re always very attentive and are always online the whole day. Slack is really useful because if I'm out and about I can be on a laptop and open up the app on my phone and everything works directly from there. It's very handy if I'm traveling. If we need to do chats, which we do occasionally, we use Skype.

The two team we previously worked with jumped right into design and coding and would get stuck. Mind Studios will set the designs and think at a high-level before touching even a single line of code.

The quality that I've seen coming out of their development house is outstanding. Not just that, but they've built a beautiful design and it works – which you'd expect should be the norm with development houses, but, in my experience, it hasn't been. Overall, just end-to-end, I’ve been very impressed with all stages. If I tried to do the whole thing in the U.K. it would be three or four times the price no doubt. It was very cost effective for me to get something up and running.

They really think about the problem; they're not yes men. They'll challenge the client, which I see as a huge benefit, especially coming from a startup position. It's great to have people to bounce ideas off rather than just developing what I say I want to develop. I don’t see them as an external development house that's developing my code. I very much see them as the Fitr team—as if they're sitting in the office with me.

Overall, as you can tell, I am happy with their performance. However, occasionally there has been a lack of communication with progress, as we’d originally agreed to be complete in five sprints, however, this was unexpectedly extended to seven, adding on four weeks of delay. Being fair, some of this was due to some improvements not originally planned.

Due to these delays, I needed to release further resources to pay for the development work. This took longer than expected. Although I made Mind Studios aware of this and was greeted with a ‘no problem’ response, without warning the work was stopped immediately and there was an unfortunate further delay. Whilst I understand work has to be paid for, I was very unhappy about the lack of warning and even though the invoice was cleared Monday morning, work stopped for the full day.

A week prior to this, two members of the Mind Studios team left the business which caused the quality of work to deteriorate and be slower. We understand this is part of the course of working with an external party, and Mind Studios apologized and tried to rectify the lost time, but it was not taken into consideration when ceasing work. This was the first major issue with the Mind Studios team.

Updated Review

This review was updated on October 22, 2018 by the client. The original star ratings were: Overall - 4, Quality - 4, Schedule - 3, Cost - 5, NPS - 4. New content is below.

Mind Studios has installed a new designer into the team who has been excellent, producing first-class designs and getting up to speed with the project rapidly. With regards to timing, the team installed a new process; they organize each new sprint, which has helped visibility for all parties on what’s expected in each development sprint and expected timelines. This has helped the smoothness to which we are moving forward.

Only a couple of occurrences where we've missed a couple of things. But, in the main, we’re very happy and they hit the deadlines they set.
    It’s great, what I'm getting for the money compared to what I put into the last few development houses.
    It looks great. The software looks great and works. It’s as simple as that.

Technology Integration for Fitness App

"We were impressed by their willingness to accept challenges and ability to find solutions to complicated tasks."

Mind Studios integrated an app with Minecraft servers, fitness apps, and cryptocurrency. They also developed a server solution, an administrative app, and a developer platform.

San Francisco
Jonathan Miller
Founder & CEO, Fitify | MCFit

Mind Studios' outstanding development team consistently delivered quality work, on-time and within the budget. Their exceptional management of resources and willingness to accept challenges are hallmarks of their work.

I am the founder and CEO of MCFit/Fitify, a company that created a decentralized platform to bring fitness to gamers. MCFit rewards gamers for exercising and having a proper diet.

For what projects/services did your company hire Mind Studios?

We wanted to integrate the MCFit app with Minecraft servers, fitness apps, and cryptocurrency. We also required a server solution, an administrative app, and developer platform.

We needed the MCFit app to be functional with other technologies and be able to regulate and update it.

We were recommended by a trusted partner.

We worked with the founder, project manager, and three-to-five engineers.

MindStudios develops the applications that are core to our business. They have an outstanding development team.

Their project management was outstanding and exceptional. MindStudios consistently under-promised and over-delivered. They are very professional and a pleasure to work with. Their exceptional management allowed for excellent execution and delivery.

We were impressed by their willingness to accept challenges and ability to find solutions to complicated tasks. Their team consistently delivered quality work, on-time and within our budget.

MindStudios is the best-outsourced development firm I've worked with. I highly recommend them.

Overall Score They are the best outsourced development studio ever!
    They always delivered quality work, on-time and within budget.
    Their services are exceptionally valuable for the money spent.
    They always delivered beyond our expectations.
    I would highly recommend them.

Web & Mobile App Dev for Music Streaming Platform

"I love the way these guys work. There is no ego involved."

Sept. 2015 - Ongoing

Mind Studios offers full-scale technological development for a startup website and iOS app, modifying designs as needed and providing marketing suggestions to attract undiscovered songwriters.

Jud Friedman
Founder, qWaqq

The finished app has attracted all 5-star reviews within the first few months on the App Store, as well as extensive social media engagement. Mind Studios’ creative deliverables, flexible workflow, and engaging demeanor continue to strengthen the relationship.

I’m the founder and CEO of qWaqq, which is an app we developed and launched for hidden-gems songwriters. Songwriters are pretty much unknown entities. Artists are the faces of their music, and that makes perfect sense, but almost every song you know and love may have been written by the artist in part but was also written primarily by a songwriter behind the scenes. For every song that becomes a hit, generally, songwriters also have a big back catalog of other stuff that never gets released for various reasons, many of which have nothing to do with the quality of the songs. qWaqq is putting those hidden songs out there.

What challenge were you trying to address with Mind Studios?

We needed some great tech people to develop several different technologies. We needed a website to be built with 2 specific areas. One was a marketing section of the website, which would incorporate some technology as well as a lot of text. Then, there was a completely different section of the website to allow songwriters to upload their content—lyrics, videos, pictures, stories—to qWaqq. We needed people to design those aspects on the marketing side and also to design and build the app. We had designers assist with the creation of other aspects of qWaqq. Mind Studios was involved with the design to a certain extent, but they mostly handle the complete build and app experience.

Mind Studios is our go-to provider for all aspects of technology. They set up the server and storage systems for all of the content. They created all the technology for the different sections of the website and the app itself. We had some designers involved along the way, but as we started building, things had to be tweaked. Mind Studios handled many of those design tweaks along the way.

They’re also extremely astute, particularly Anton [Co-Founder, Mind Studios], who I deal with almost exclusively. He is the face of the company, at least for us. He’s very skilled on a business level and tackles problems head-on. I am very instrumental in setting our goals. But, this is always a collaboration in terms of both technology and end goals. How can we twist the technology to entice more users, to get more songwriters involved? How can we make it easier for the users and the songwriters? Answering these questions has been a constant tweaking process. We wanted to find ways to scale our idea and make it easier technologically as well as on a design level. Mind Studios has been fantastic about brainstorming about that and making the changes.

They have been really helpful in terms of marketing suggestions, as well as with the technology stuff. Anton is really in tune with the app world. He was the first guy that came to us, for example, and told us that the App Store is now doing ads, and we should try that. They were running a promotion for free advertising for a month at a fairly low cost. Of course, App Sore ads are going to explode in terms of cost once people realize their effectiveness. We put together a little promotion, and Mind Studios assembled the ads and choose the keywords.

The app is just for iOS right now, but that is not due to any technological limitations on their part. We just have a limited budget and little time.

How did you come to work with Mind Studios?

My partner worked with Mind Studios on a number of different projects in the past. He said these guys are fantastic, and I trusted him. We did talk about other options, but it quickly became clear that they were our best choice.

We started working with them in September of 2015, and the project is ongoing.

We just launched a few months ago, and we are just getting into our social media. The PR part is really starting to pick up steam. It’s been a total team effort, but everything Mind Studios has done has been incredibly helpful. We have hardly any crashes. We posted various iterations in our social media and have gotten fantastic reviews on the App Store, but we can’t find them because every time we do a new iteration, the other reviews go away. We have all 5-star reviews so far in the App Store. Then, we have informal user responses through comments on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, with users saying how much they love the app. That all speaks to what a great job the whole team is doing, but in particular what Mind Studios is doing. I can’t say enough good things about Mind Studios.

How did Mind Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

They are very organized and focused, and they are responsive and communicative. We have a great working relationship, but the time difference is a little difficult. We make it work, and it’s worth it. We Skype and email regularly about what we want to achieve this week or this month, and then they put together an estimate. We prioritize if we need to, they just start building and sending us versions, and we send suggestions. They are very flexible. They are also extremely positive all the time and give us great feedback about different ideas.

What did you find most impressive about Mind Studios?

I can’t speak to other providers because this is the first app that I’ve actually launched and developed. I researched other providers and got a feeling from them, but I didn’t actually work with them. I can address the relationship from a more global perspective in terms of working in different areas of life and business. I love the way these guys work. There is no ego involved. They are very smart and communicative. They’re open to trying stuff but also willing to say when something isn’t a great idea and why. They work really, really hard. They give a lot of their time at odd hours for them. We don’t go crazy and push it to unreasonable extents, but they make themselves available in an appropriate way.

Are there any areas Mind Studios could improve?

The only issue I have had occasionally with them is QA. I examine the app as best as I can, and then I’m relying on them to make sure it’s all going to work in the backend and that there are no hidden problems with text or misspellings. Occasionally, things like that pop up. If they were 5% better in this area, in terms of anticipating issues, that would be great. But, that’s a minor complaint. Overall, these guys are terrific to work with and very good at what they do.

Overall Score I couldn’t recommend them more highly as people, as professionals, and as collaborators.
    Sometimes we hope things will be done more quickly, but they’re never ridiculously over optimistic about deadlines. Some wrinkles come up, but that’s the nature of this business. They are very on top of that.
    I haven’t developed other apps, but from the research that I did into other companies that provide similar services, they seem to be extremely reasonable.
    They give us excellent results. The whole team is smart, creative, and flexible.
    I love these guys.

Mobile App Development for Veterinary Service

“They engage in detailed discussions about what is needed to fix an issue.”

Jan. 2013 - Ongoing

Mind Studios took over the development of a unique platform that provides medical information to horse owners. The platform is available on web and mobile. The team continues to update the app.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Kristin Thal
Vice President, Horse Side Vet Guide

Mind Studios’ developers were competent and communicated clearly, especially about possible issues or delays in development. They were upfront about the project costs and provided detailed explanations.

My husband and I run a full-service horse hospital in Santa Fe, New Mexico. We are classic coupleprenurs, and I’m the vice president of our company. We provide horse owners with educational information and tools via Horse Side Vet Guide. HSVG is built on a complex and constantly growing database of interlinked information. In essence, it’s a reflection of my husband’s brain after 24 years of exclusively practicing equine veterinary medicine. It has become a very important project for us. It was a bit crazy at first, but things improved when we figured out how to structure the categories in the database. HSVG is available on our website and as a mobile app.

What challenge were you trying to address with Mind Studios?

We have always had a strong focus on client education. Specifically, we wanted to share information about equine health beyond our local clientele. In 2011, we decided to create a free website and mobile app.

Dmitry and a few others from Mind Studios’ team helped create the mobile app. It was built on iOS and Android. Dmitry was the main guy on Android. I believe some of his current employees were part of the iOS build too. I do not know what technologies were used, but they worked. Dmitry and his team inherited a jumble of half-baked coding that didn’t work properly. He and his team were able to discern what could be used and what needed to be redone. Ultimately, they created a mobile app that works.

We recently did a few more updates on both platforms. His current iOS team updated some of the coding to Swift, and we hope to continue that in another update. Since they inherited the project, much of the conceptualization was already done. However, we will be using Mind Studios to help with later updates, including design elements.

They submitted the app and updates to both app stores and ensured they were available to the public. We did not ask them to help with marketing or strategy. However, we are in discussions now with Mind Studios about how to monetize the app better.

How did you come to work with Mind Studios?

Looking back, I can understand just how risky software development was for novices like us who were inspired by a great idea. We went through 4 other development teams before we finally were introduced to Dmitry. That was even before he started Mind Studios.

How much have you invested with Mind Studios?

We’ve paid over $50,000 and counting.

It’s hard to say. We went far beyond any reasonable deadlines, but that was not their fault. The first project started in January 2013 and was completed in August 2013. We continue to work with Mind Studios and have updates pending on both platforms. We just need to find the time to test them.

HSVG is the most highly rated equine health app in the world. It has been downloaded in over 70 countries. Our Facebook page is at 63,000.

What did you find most impressive about Mind Studios?

They are competent and capable. They are excellent communicators. They don’t shy away from issues with a mobile build. Instead, they engage in detailed discussions about what is needed to fix an issue.

Nope.

Overall Score Dmitry is an absolute professional. We are not his largest client, but he still provides us with stellar service.
    It’s not an issue. Any delays usually have an explanation. Sometimes, it takes me a while to test the builds they send.
    It’s not an issue. Any cost increases are discussed. There are no surprises. They are fair, and we are happy with the value paid.
    Even when there are issues with the product, they are prompt in fixing them. They care and take ownership.
    I sure hope they don’t get too busy. We have more updates to do!

Application Development for Legal Services Mobile Platform

“They took my vision and made it into a dream product.”

Oct. 2015 - Ongoing

Assigned developers built a stable and user-friendly app within a short timeframe. The team also produced a video for the launch. They continue to update the iOS app and will soon create an Android version.

Sachin Gadh
Founder, My Lawyer is Coming

Mind Studios has talented in-house graphic designers, which is an added value from a dev shop. As a result, the app received positive feedback about its sleek and attractive UI. The project team was also willing to expedite work for a small fee.

I’m an attorney and the founder of My Lawyer is Coming, an app that provides legal services to users on a mobile platform.

What challenge were you trying to address with Mind Studios?

I knew what I wanted, but I needed someone to build the app since I had no coding experience. I had tried to do this with another developer before, but it just didn’t work out.

We were on the same page from the beginning. They knew exactly what I wanted, which was like a chat/text message/GPS document/upload/exchange kind of thing. They gave me a scope—what it would cost, what it would be, and how long it would take. Then, we went back and forth and tweaked it for about a month. They provided me with a beta version. When we liked that, they got me a proper launch in November of 2016. They submitted the app to the App Store. I’m not really a tech-savvy guy, so they handled all that stuff. I thought it was going to take a month or two to get on, but it was like seven or eight days. They took care of any issues that came up with Apple updates.

There were five or six resources working on the project from Mind Studios. They had good designers working for them, too, and they were impressive. I gave them a logo and told them what I wanted. I thought I was going to have to go elsewhere for a graphic designer, but that was not the case. They didn’t really do the website. I had someone else do the web.

They produced a video for me for my launch party, which I thought was so sincere and proper. They sent me a video of their studios, and it was bigger than I thought. They impressed me with their headquarters. They have a nice workspace.

How did you come to work with Mind Studios?

I had a friend of a friend who had done some work with Mind Studios and who referred me to them. They were very professional. I contacted them, and they set up a call to discuss the project. I sent a follow-up email where I pitched them my idea. They came back to me with a proposal of what they could do. I chose them because they liked my idea. Anytime you’re employing someone to do something for you, they’re going to love what you’re doing because obviously, there’s a financial incentive for them to brownnose you a little bit. But I thought they were sincere, and they actually did like the concept.

How much have you invested with Mind Studios?

We spent about $20,000 on the project.

We started working together in October 2015, and the product was launched November 2016. The work is ongoing. They’re handling the backend of the app and we’ve done updates. The app is on iOS now, and we’ll be doing Android later.

We’ve been live for about six months. We have 254 users, with probably just a little over 300 downloads and 5,500 impressions on the App Store. We’ve generated three or four cases, which is how we judge the metric of it. Overall, the user feedback on the app includes how simple and sleek it is, which is exactly what I wanted. People don’t get confused by it.

There are no bugs. I think there was one issue for six hours in the six months we’ve had it. That was when we were doing an update, and something just didn’t get rebooted. That was corrected immediately. Consistency has been there, and the app itself has performed as I thought, probably a little better.

They asked good questions and listened to what I wanted. I liked their ability to take what I was doing and take it a step further with the design. They gave me a product in the timeframe and at the cost that they told me that they would provide. We launched it without any major issues. They took my vision and made it into a dream product.

How did Mind Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

When I told them that I needed something, they would give me a timeframe. They advised me whether they could meet that timeline and what they would need to meet that timeline—such as more resources—or simply if they were unable to meet it. But every time, whatever they told you was actually the case. They broke down the stages so that throughout the process, you were getting updates, and you were seeing how the project was developing. If I wasn’t satisfied with the timeline, I could just pay them an expedite fee, which would have been minimal. I know they have people working on things, and they can’t just stop the presses for me.

We arranged a call if we had any questions and worked through it within 20 minutes. Everything else was done via email. And throughout the process, there’s communication, via email or Skype, where you can see how the project is going. They are very good at adapting, which means maybe going down one road, but ending up somewhere else because I wanted them to. They were not rigid at all. Whatever you wanted, they were willing to do it, and they didn’t overcharge you for it. They did exactly what I wanted, at the price I wanted. I was expecting to either have something lost in translation, get ripped off, or have someone tell me at the end there will be add-on fees. When you don’t have the tech yourself, you kind of put yourself at the mercy of whoever you’re dealing with. But that was not the case.

They’re good folks. I actually referred one of my friends, who is doing an app with them, as well, in the food service industry. I’ve been able to follow his road, and it’s similar to mine.  I think Mind Studios does very good work.

What did you find most impressive about Mind Studios?

They have the ability to do graphic design, too, which a lot of coders and developers don’t have. I think they have some very talented designers, where, if you give them a vision, they’ll be able to pop out either a logo or a theme. I was very surprised that someone in their position was able to do that.

Are there any areas Mind Studios could improve?

No. They have met my expectations, and I have had no disappointments with them. I don’t even think they were all that expensive. Compared to the quotes I’ve gotten from other places, they were reasonable. The quality exceeded the price tag you were paying.

Overall Score I can tell they’re a good group of people. They will hear what you want, give you a proposal that is accurate, and deliver an excellent product. I really liked these guys. They made my dream come true.
    They were straightforward. They got your timeline, and where the customer had expectations. You weren’t kept in the dark until the last minute.
    They were competitively priced, but the quality of their work was high-end. I thought it was very precise, very modern, and exceeded what you were paying. You got a high-end deliverable for a competitively-priced product.
    The product was exactly what I wanted. Their design and graphics took the app to what I thought was another level. We worked very well together.
    I sent them to a friend with the confidence that it would work out, and I wouldn’t be held responsible for a referral in a bad way. I had the confidence that to tell them that this is someone who can make what you want happen.

Mobile App Dev for Nightlife Platform

"They make the project personal instead of just thinking of the income that comes from it."

Dec. 2016 - Ongoing

Mind Studios conducted a 2-month prototyping phase and now provides a 2–3-person team to handle backend development for 2 apps and a user dashboard for nightclub loyalty programs, marketing, and more.

Shanghai City, China
CEO, Nightlife Management Platform

The beta is underway, projecting full delivery by December 2017. Mind Studios delivers constant updates and different builds every 2 weeks with a personal and flexible approach to project management. While they could improve their design capabilities, they excel in understanding customer needs.

I handle marketing and management for a nightlife platform.

What challenge were you trying to address with Mind Studios?

Mind Studios helped with a marketing platform for a small- to medium-sized business where the users can see what their favorite venues are posting, including news, videos, events, photo albums, etc.

Mind Studios is doing 2 applications and a dashboard for the venues to manage their marketing activities and loyalty programs for their customers. We also have applications for venue staff so they can track all the discounts, the bonus system, check-ins, the guest list, and so on. Most importantly, the owners and marketing managers have a dashboard where they can track all the analytics and all the marketing activities, the loyalty programs, and find out what their customers like. They can also tailor the loyalty program for each customer by adding different layers of VIP customers or certain groups.

Dmitry Dobrytskiy, the co-founder of Mind Studios, is a shareholder in my company and he’s also a sales manager. Mind Studios gave me a rough budget estimate and also suggested technology we could apply to this project. We spent 2 months putting the technical specifications and prototyping together. At this stage, we were working with 3 people: a project manager, a business analyst, and a graphic designer.

We already had another company working on design and Mind Studios worked well with them. We were all in touch through Slack. My business analyst gave them clear guidelines regarding design and efficiency; the design portion can tricky because there are different types of development that apply to different types of design.

At the moment, we’re doing backend development. We do iOS and Android development as well. As far as I know, I think they assigned 2 developers for the platform and we have one frontend developer.

How did you come to work with Mind Studios?

I did a lot of research and found 100 different companies. I was looking for a company with Russian native speakers because it’s easier for my team to communicate with them. The deciding factor was price. I was looking for an efficient company with a reasonable price for quality work. Mind Studios met my expectations and fit my budget. This is a very big project and we have a huge platform that requires a lot of development.

How much have you invested with Mind Studios?

The entire project is worth $140,000, including an $80,000 minimum viable product version that’s coming out in June 2017. Every 2 weeks, we’ll add on sprints and each sprint will include some new functionalities and features.​

​​​​​​What is the status of this engagement?

I started working with them in January 2017 and the project should be completed by December 2017. They will provide technical support after that.

What I like about Mind Studios is that they always deliver work on time. This is very important because I’ve always had problems with timing when working with other companies. When it comes to the technology and development, it’s very difficult to estimate a proper timeline. With Mind Studios, I never have this problem and I really like their style of working. Mind Studios had a personal approach.​

​​​​​​How did Mind Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

They have their own system. While inquiring with other companies, I noticed that their communication was very manual, including a lot of back-and-forth emails. Mind Studios, however, set up a Slack account where we can all communicate together. They use Google Docs to show me prototypes, which they can update online, making it much easier for me.

Usually, we communicate in Slack, but now that I’m in China, we use WeChat because it’s more convenient for me. The project manager gives me daily updates and at the end of each week, they send me the full report of what they’ve done. Every 2 weeks, they send me different builds for the app. We also do phone calls 2–3 times a week. It used to be every day back when we were doing business analytics and prototyping.

What did you find most impressive about Mind Studios?

They make the project personal instead of just thinking of the income that comes from it. They’re very flexible and want to push the project forward.

What I also like about Mind Studios is that they understand the business. There are times when a customer of mine has their own requirements for the project. I can see the project in general, but I don’t know how to put it in technology terms. Mind Studios listens to the customer and guides me. There might be something I want to do, but they’ll let me know if it’s a mistake and then explain why.​

​​​​​​Are there any areas Mind Studios could improve?

They’re one of the best regarding development and I’m happy to work with them. They might want to improve the design part, though. At the moment, I think they have only 1–2 designers.

Overall Score This is very hard because I’m happy at the moment, but problems may come when we launch the project and get customer feedback.
    Some companies are more flexible when they see a big project. My project is quite big and when they did an estimate, they gave me a fixed price. In the end, when I tried to negotiate, they were very firm. They don’t give any discounts for big projects.
    So far, I’m really happy. At the moment, our application is still under development, so quality is hard to tell. Once we launch the first beta version, I’ll be able to tell you clearly about the quality.
    I always recommend them because I’m working and living in China and the prices in China are much higher compared to Ukraine and Russia.

Web and Mobile App Dev for Property Management Platform

"If the client has an idea, Mind Studios will be able to turn it into something great."

Oct. 2016 - Ongoing

Mind Studios has developed and conducted technical research for a prototype for a web application using Ruby on Rails. Next, they will develop iOS and Android mobile apps.

Pretoria, South Africa
Co-Founder, Rentorr

All projects have been delivered swiftly, on-time, and within budget. Mind Studios’ team responds quickly to feedback and provides high-quality services at a great value for the money spent.

Rentorr is a platform for independent landlords and tenants. I am a co-founder of the company. We are a startup with five employees.

What challenge were you trying to address with Mind Studios?

We were trying to develop the core application for our startup.

Mind Studios has developed a prototype of our web application using Ruby on Rails. They also conducted technical research for the platform. We plan to also develop iOS and Android versions.

How did you come to work with Mind Studios?

I had been looking for a developer for around a year before finding Mind Studios online. They had some favorable customer reviews, so I contacted them and asked for a proposal.

How much have you invested with Mind Studios?

The cost of Mind Studios’ work has been close to $15,000.

We started working with Mind Studios in October 2016.

Mind Studios has put a lot of effort into the development of our project. They’ve been supportive, understanding, and swift at the same time. If the client has an idea, Mind Studios will be able to turn it into something great.

How did Mind Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

We used Slack and communicated on a daily basis. Mind Studios has delivered on time and within budget. They’ve always been fast to respond to my feedback, and we had no language or time zone barriers.

What did you find most impressive about Mind Studios?

Their fast delivery time is most impressive.

Not at the moment.

Overall Score This has been my best experience with a developer.
    I’ve gotten value for my money.
    I would recommend them any time.

Mobile App Development for Building Inspection Software

"I’m in a position where I can really treat them as team members. They don’t abuse that, and they’re very value-added."

$1,000,000 - $9,999,999

Apr. 2015 - Aug. 2016

Mind Studios built an iOS and Android mobile app, along with a web component. They also aided in launching the apps, keeping up with progress and correcting any problems that arose during the process.

San Francisco Bay Area
Former CEO, Building Inspection Software Company

All projects were delivered on time and at a low cost. The Mind Studios team was very trustworthy and organized, which led to a productive partnership and high-quality products. Their team provided regular progress updates and was great with communication.

I was the co-founder and co-CEO of a B2B company that provides video inspections in the government space.

What challenge were you trying to address with Mind Studios?

It was actually a turnaround situation, both from a business and technical perspective. The founder of the company had engaged a development group who had steered him the wrong direction. We needed to go in and basically restart the development.

We were able to do that over a 1- or 2-year period. During that time, we put together a product that was challenging from a technical perspective. We got it up and running. It’s an app for iOS and Android, and there was a web part in which Mind Studios was also involved. I’m a marketing-focused and business-oriented individual, so I can’t tell you all the code we used and everything like that.

Mind Studios was starting from scratch. It was a great idea with failed technology, so we started over. The other projects they’ve worked on have all been absolute cold starts. Although they do offer these services, I didn’t use them for marketing or strategy because I wanted someone closer to the market in the US. They were very helpful in terms of supporting the development effort and getting the app launched on the Apple and Android stores. They know their way around. When your apps aren’t clearing at the Apple Store, they know how to maneuver to get the problems corrected and get the apps up and running. Our product was incredibly complicated, and the Apple guys had trouble getting their heads wrapped around it for quite a while. The guys at Mind Studios were very helpful in managing that process.

How did you come to work with Mind Studios?

Three of their founders came out of a previous company that I used to work with for another startup. The other company dissolved, and these guys went on to start their own firm. I really liked these three guys, and I wanted to give them a chance. I think I was one of their first projects.

How much have you invested with Mind Studios?

I’ve invested more than $1 million with Mind Studios over multiple projects.

The project ran approximately from April–August of 2015.

It’s a little tough to say. I developed a level of trust with these guys. We Scrum a few times a week. I treat them like they’re part of the company, and they behave in that way. They’re responsible, and they take ownership. I don’t know how to put numbers on that, but that’s one of their strongest attributes.

I’ve learned to do these startups in a very lean and mean way, and that’s what the market demands. There’s a lot of outsourcing going on, but the problem is developing a relationship and level of trust with a developer in that situation. Over the years, I’ve developed that with Mind Studios. It’s something that I really appreciate about them. Our stuff works. I use US-based designers for UI/UX [user interface/user experience]. Mind Studios was able to execute the designs and gave additional ideas.

I outline ideas and try to get the product to meet what we think the market is going to be. I worked with the guys at Mind Studios 2–4 times a week, making sure that everyone understood what we were trying to achieve. In order to avoid wasting time, I check that they are heading in the right direction in terms of development efforts. They were very good at that, at a very good price.

How did Mind Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

There’s a big time difference. They’re about eight or nine hours ahead, so we do our work in the mornings. I work principally with one individual, although I work with other team members on occasion. We have one dedicated project manager, and we communicate through him 95% of the time. We use Skype a lot, both video and audio, and we do a lot of screen sharing. They are organized, and in most cases, they deliver when they say they will. I appreciate that.

What did you find most impressive about Mind Studios?

I’ve been working with them since 2007–2008, and I’m in a position where I can really treat them as team members. They don’t abuse that, and they’re very value-added. They’re my go-to team, particularly in very early setup—the first six months to two years. I will often bring in US-based developers behind them, but they’re very good at getting things up and running to that minimum viable product stage. The ability to Scrum, versus having to draw out some specs, is probably the biggest advantage of working with them.

Are there any areas Mind Studios could improve?

Our project manager’s English is very good, certainly a lot better than my Ukrainian. Having said that, he’s not an American. We always check any content, any wordage; we’re very careful about that. We’ve developed an easy system to go back and adjust any language. QA is always interesting because of the language issues, so we often run our own QA.

If they say they’re going to do something, they will deliver within the given time frame.
    It’s fabulous.
    They do a great job, and I will work with them in the future. There are times I bring in other developers behind them, once we’re past the MVP stage. In other cases, they are the sole development provider.