Safe doesn't sell.

The Miller Group was founded in 1990, and we’ve put those years of experience to work for clients who value a digital marketing company that’s battle tested, and willing – actually insisting - to be measured on performance; a digital creative agency that won’t be out-thought, and can’t be outworked. One dedicated to growth, but never surrendering to bureaucracy.

If you make marketing decisions for a middle market company, and you’ve outgrown your small marketing company, or outsmarted your big one, you’ve come to the right place.

1990
    (972) 562-7614
    111 Hicks Street, Suite 5A
    Brooklyn, NY 11201
    (917) 880-6513

ArthroCare, Elkay Plastics, ExakTime, First Federal Bank of California, Gay Men’s Chorus, General Electric, Goodwill Southern California, Health Strategies Group, Homeboy Industries, PSAV, RE/MAX, SC Johnson, Wolf Range, 7-Eleven.

Brand Strategy For Event Technology Firm

"They take the time to know our business and understand our objectives."

The Miller Group conducted market research and developed a brand strategy proposal for an event company's new service launch. The proposal included design, launch, and promotional ideas.

Director, Marketing and Communications, PSAV

The recommendations revolutionized the company's promotional strategy, and even sparked new ideas for expanding the service. The Miller Team impressed with their diverse talent, meticulous research process, and insightful questions. They transformed abstact data into actionable suggestions.

Please describe your company.

PSAV is a $2 billion enterprise focused on event technology, providing specialized equipment, and the trained experts who operate it. PSAV operates from more than 1,500 global locations.

What is your role at the company?

I am the director of marketing and communications.

What was the business challenge that you were trying to address when you approached The Miller Group?

We needed their help determining how to differentiate the brand of a particular operating unit.

Please describe the scope of their work, what specific services did The Miller Group provide?

The Miller Group interviewed internal stakeholders to determine the true nature of the project, and then established further research with external stakeholders. Using the information they got from these interviews and desktop research, TMG proposed a new set of iconography that would bring a currently underrated service to the forefront of the market. The proposal included recommendations on the artwork, launch, and promotion of the new "brand."

What was your process for selecting The Miller Group?

Before this project, I'd had a rich and lengthy experience of successful projects with The Miller Group. I originally found them through a trusted colleague at the Marketing Executives Networking Group (MENG).

Can you give us a general estimate of the size of the initiative?

The project was between $20,000 and $50,000.

When did the project begin, and when was it completed?

We started March 1, 2015 and finished on the beginning of June.

What were the results of the project, and are there any metrics you can share?

The project resulted in a unique approach to publicizing our creative services branch to customers and prospects, and may eventually result in building new services offerings from this business unit. We expect to launch the results officially in September, after some test marketing and final adjustments to the new messaging in August.

How did they perform in terms of the quality of their work?

Very well. The Miller Group is a multi-talented team focused on quality research, interaction, planning, and creative presentations on final recommendations.

What differentiated The Miller Group from other companies?

The Miller Group tends to challenge us with penetrating questions. They take the time to know our business and understand our objectives, they expose challenges and opportunities we didn't know existed, and they back up their recommendations with data.

Looking back on the project, do you have any constructive criticism? Is there any area that they could improve or you would do differently?

A very minor complaint: they started with one point of contact but, as the project evolved, we started having multiple contacts. I would have preferred to keep it at one.

Marketing Campaign For Business Supplies and Equipment Company

"[W]e increased our company’s market share every year, and they deserve a lot of the credit."

The Miller Group built a marketing strategy for a cooking equipment retailer. The campaign included print ads, brochures, and flyers, as well as training programs and sales pitches.

Woodland Hills, California
Stan Waldman
Former President, Wolf Range Company

The retailer's market share increased considerably each year that the campaign was in use. The Miller Group became a trusted strategic partner, making valuable recommendations and providing strategic services to continue growing the business.

Please describe your company.

Before I retired I worked for The Wolf Range Company, a manufacturer of commercial refrigerators, ovens, and cooking equipment used in the food services industry, hospitality industry, schools, et cetera.

What is your role and responsibilities, please?

I was president of the company.

What was your goal for working with The Miller Group?

Our goal was to increase our company’s market share.

They were responsible for developing our marketing plan. Our campaigns were mostly focused on print advertising, brochures, flyers, programs etc. (This was back in the nineties, and we were hardly doing any online marketing.) They also worked on the sales pitch and the training programs for our manufacturers rep, which was hugely important to our success.

What was your process for selecting The Miller Group?

I honestly don’t recall how we found them, but we interviewed at least five or six agencies. We chose them because we felt a strong compatibility with their people. We felt they would be a fit, and that proved to be correct.

Can you give a sense of the size of the initiative?

It was well above $200,000 annually.

What were the results of the project?

The results were fantastic. During the six years we worked with The Miller Group, we increased our company’s market share every year, and they deserve a lot of the credit for that.

Is there anything unique or special about The Miller Group that really makes them stand out?

Originally, we saw them as our ad agency, but they evolved into something much more than that. They really became a part of our marketing team, and they performed a lot of services above and beyond the normal advertising agency.

They became a sounding board for our marketing department, and became an integral part of it.

In addition, I think what also set them apart was Renee Miller herself. She has one of the most intuitive marketing minds of anyone I've ever worked with. Her team was great, but Renee was above and beyond.

No, not really.

What advice would you give a future client of theirs?

N/A

They always met the deadline.

Marketing Campaign For California Bank

"[T]he depth of their expertise...sets them apart."

1,000,000 - 9,999,999

The Miller Group coordinated a range of promotions for a bank's regional rollout. The campaign included direct mail, radio and television, print, and outdoor advertising.

Los Angeles, CA Metro Area
Evon Rosen
Former SVP Marketing, First Federal Bank of California

Every new location that was promoted with the campaign opened successfully and performed well in the following months. The Miller Group's deep marketing knowledge and proven expertise helped them craft a campaign that integrated long-term strategy with effective, affordable design.

Please describe your company.

The company I was with when I worked with The Miller Group was the regional bank based in southern California, focused primarily on the consumer market.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I was the senior vice president of marketing.

What was your goal for working with The Miller Group?

We were opening some new branches in different areas of California, and we brought The Miller Group in to help with the rollout.

It was really a multi-faceted campaign. We did direct mail, on-air advertising, print work, some outdoor, and radio. It was a wide-ranging campaign that was coordinated by The Miller Group.

What was your process for selecting The Miller Group?

I interviewed a lot of different agencies. I'm not sure how I came to them to begin with, but what interested me was that they were small enough to be easy to work with, so I knew I'd get the attention I needed yet large enough that they could do everything I needed them to do. I know it's cliché to say that, but it's so true.

Can you give a sense of the size of the initiative?

The overall campaign was more than $2 million. I'm not sure what portion of that went directly to The Miller Group for their services.

What were the results of the project?

The results of the project were very positive. All the branch openings were successful, and the branches went on to do very well in their marketplace. I think everyone agreed that the strategy we devised with The Miller Group was the right one. The rollout happened during the course of several years, and we continued to work with The Miller Group through the whole process.

In addition to all the basics, such as being adaptive to our needs and meeting all of our timeline and budget goals. I think it's the depth of their expertise that sets them apart. They've been around more than 25 years, and can really do everything, from the strategy and concept work, all the way through the implementation. They have a deep understanding of marketing, they're not just an ad agency. They're truly a strategic partner, which is great.

Not that I would see. It was a wonderful relationship, and we did well together.

I've recommended them many times.