Data Driven Growth

Megethos is a boutique PPC agency based in Phoenix, Arizona.  With our no nonsense, data-driven approach we take the guesswork and “gut feeling” out of digital marketing. Focusing strictly on PPC allows us to perfect our craft and provide our clients with results and recommendations of the highest quality. From the initial digital handshake to you (the client) closing the deal, all strategic decisions are tailored to improve your bottom line.

We make sure the right lead, sees the right ad, at the right time.

The team at Megethos has years of experience building and optimizing large paid media campaigns for top accredited universities, Fortune 500 companies, and several up-and-coming SaaS based startups. With a relentless pursuit for perfection, we are constantly improving our scientific optimization process through continual A/B testing and target market analysis, ensuring our clients stay on top of their industry.

Megethos is re-instilling trust in the world of PPC Management through our clear and transparent reporting style. Our 24/7 personalized dashboard allows clients to make informed business decisions based on the most up-to-date data, including their dollar-for-dollar ROI.

If you are serious about growing your business and taking your PPC game to the next level, contact us for a FREE PPC audit!

Phoenix, AZ
  • Phoenix, AZ 85008
  • 4250 N Drinkwater Blvd #300
    Scottsdale, AZ 85251

HEAP, Green Bits, DoubleDutch, Indeni, Revolusun

Digital Strategy & Marketing for POS Software Company

“In a challenging industry, they offered the perfect combination of creativity and knowhow.”

Oct. 2018 - Ongoing

Megethos developed a strategy for paid social and search advertising for a POS cannabis company. Working around platform restrictions, they created assets that matched the brand and met service requirements.

51- 200 Employees

San Jose, California
Stu Waters
Director of Lead Gen, Green Bits

Organized and responsive, Megethos succeeded in an evolving marketplace. Their data reporting is strong, and they provide a high level of clarity. They follow through on their promises, and their services meet a unique need.

I'm the director of lead generation for Green Bits. We are a leading point-of-sale company in the legal cannabis space.

What challenge were you trying to address with Megethos?

From the beginning, we’ve contracted them to help us develop a strategy for our paid social and search ads.

We didn't have any plan in place before we began, so they built our strategy over the last year. They developed our paid ad campaigns on Google, Bing, LinkedIn, and Facebook as a full-service vendor. We're in a unique market, and some arenas don't allow cannabis advertising. We had to balance those terms of service with our goals, and they did a good job navigating the space.

We gave them a blank slate, and they did a lot of the ideating. Originally, we weren't sure we could even use Google as a platform due to restrictions. They developed all the assets based on our brand guidelines, and they made sure everything was connected and in the right place.

We had one main point of contact, and we interacted with three people on their team.

How did you come to work with Megethos?

They were recommended by another agency. In a challenging industry, they offered the perfect combination of creativity and knowhow.

We've spent between $40,000-$60,000 on their work.

We started working together in fall 2018, and we still collaborate with them.

Not many people are willing to work in such an uncertain market, but they're receptive and reactive to our needs. They were willing to jump into the deep end of a brand-new industry and work through the challenges to develop a playbook that's never been written before. We really respect and appreciate all the work they do.

How did Megethos perform from a project management standpoint?

They were incredibly well organized. They updated us and hounded us if there was ever anything we needed to provide. We were relatively hands-off, and they reported clearly on their results. They were always honest and fair.

I was most impressed by their willingness to follow through with their promises. Regulations in our market are ever-changing, but they proved to us that they could service our market well. A company we hired before them overpromised and underdelivered, but Megethos was the complete opposite. They came in and showed us what they could do, and they really earned our trust.

I don't have anything they should improve. Their data reporting is really strong, and their clarity is spot on. They're a great team, and I'd recommend them to anybody.

Just say yes and hire them.

PPC & Analytics Support for Outdoors Nonprofit

"Their integrity and flexibility stand out—they deliver on their promises and are willing to go the extra mile."

Feb. - Mar. 2019

Megethos helped revamp and establish Google Ads and Analytics accounts. On a quarterly basis, they provide strategic support and make key recommendations for moving forward.

Golden, Colorado
Shane Johnson
Membership Director, American Alpine Club

The PPC and strategic efforts have contributed to newfound clarity for the business. Along with a stronger appeal toward audiences, the company is also utilizing grant funds more efficiently. Megethos has been an adaptable partner and provides valuable insight during the customized engagement.

I’m the membership director of the American Alpine Club. We’re a national nonprofit focused on policy, advocacy, education, and community within the climbing sphere.

What challenge were you trying to address with Megethos?

As a nonprofit, we receive a monthly Google Ads grant of $10,000 and we were struggling to spend that in a valuable way and our strategy was outdated. We have multiple sub-domains for our platform and we needed help setting up comprehensive analytics accounts for each. We hired Megethos to help with this as well as PPC efforts.

Megethos helped rebuild our Google Ads account from the ground up. They assist us with everything from generating ad copy to identifying keywords. They set up different PPC and Google Ads campaigns for us. Every quarter, their team assesses our progress and give us recommendations for our next strategy.

My main contact after diving into the work has been Keegan (Co-Founder & Director of Strategy, Megethos). Although Andy (Director of Growth, Megethos) was my contact at the start, I’ve worked exclusively with Keenan since we started the project.

How did you come to work with Megethos?

Clutch helped guide my search, and I contacted one company. Though they ended up not being the right fit, they suggested their partner for PPC projects, Megethos. We chose them because of that recommendation.

For the PPC campaign and analytics account set up, we spent $1,500. There is also a $1,500 quarterly strategy consulting fee.

The majority of the work was completed between February–March 2019, but they still conduct the quarterly assessments.

A major result of working with Megethos has been gaining a clear idea of the traffic our sub-domains receive. Additionally, we’re now spending our Google Ads grant more effectively and utilizing the funds. Megethos support has helped us create strong strategies and have a more informed approach.

How did Megethos perform from a project management standpoint?

Having one primary point of contact is helpful, and we mainly communicate via email. When we were setting up our strategies, Keegan would send us video recordings to walk us through the process, and he’d record his answers to our questions, as well. They’ve been very reliable and responsive during our engagement. If I have an issue, they go above and beyond to help.

Their integrity and flexibility stand out—they deliver on their promises and are willing to go the extra mile. All of our deadlines are met, and they work within our budget. They’ve helped us create a structure that is very valuable to our organization. Additionally, their responsiveness has been great for us.

I don’t have any suggestion for improvement.

Any time you’re working with a company like Megethos, make sure you have a strong understanding of your needs and what you’re hoping to get from the engagement.

PPC Campaigns for Marketing Consulting Firm

"The team could pivot on client demands and objectives with only short notice."

Jan. 2018 - Jan. 2019

Megethos led and optimized paid search campaigns for third-party clients of a marketing consulting firm. They conducted PPC audits and created strategies for each client that, if approved, they then executed.

Louisville, Kentucky
Partner, Marketing Consulting Firm

In one case, conversion volume grew by 20%, and the cost per lead decreased by 40%. Megethos led a productive collaboration thanks to their responsiveness, flexibility, and consistent communication. Their high-quality work and valuable insights stood out.

I’m a partner at a marketing consulting firm.

For what projects/services did your company hire Megethos?

We engaged Megethos to manage and optimize paid search campaigns on behalf of our clients.

We wanted to decrease the cost per lead and increase total conversion volume for our clients.

An SEO specialist referred Megethos to us.

Megethos performed a thorough and detailed audit to find opportunities for our potential PPC clients. The team then presented their results to our clients; if the clients approved of Megethos’ recommendations, the team then implemented their strategies.

Megethos led a larger team behind the scenes.

In one client’s case, Megethos increased conversion volume by 20% and decreased the cost per lead by 40%. We’re thrilled with their results.

Megethos led bi-weekly calls to update us on progress and to discuss strategy and potential challenges. They were very responsive, agile, and easy to work with.

The team could pivot on client demands and objectives with only short notice.

No, we’re satisfied with Megethos’ work.

Paid Media Campaigns for B2B SaaS Company

"Megethos delivers the best reporting I’ve seen from a paid media agency."

Apr. 2018 - Ongoing

Megethos implemented and oversaw paid media campaigns in LinkedIn and AdWords. We resolved tracking issues between various systems and create a customized reporting solution.

Demand Generation Manager, B2B SaaS Company

The campaigns have increased lead conversions by 40% and have brought in more leads of higher quality. Megethos delivers reports in understandable ways tailored to goals and needs. The team demonstrates flexibility and responsiveness to feedback, making for a seamless partnership.

I am a demand generation manager for a B2B SaaS company that specializes in event technology.

For what projects/services did your company hire Megethos?

We engaged Megethos to manage paid media campaigns in LinkedIn and Google AdWords.

We wanted to increase the volume and quality of our leads.

I had a prior working relationship with the company’s founder. We reached out to them because we were interested in how they could help our organization achieve our goals.

Megethos handles all of our paid media efforts. They first took the time to understand our goals and challenges. The team then solved our tracking problems between our various business systems. They also provided reporting solutions that accommodated our workflow.

Throughout the project, Megethos has kept us regularly updated on progress and issues. They provide weekend touchpoints to discuss any roadblocks, accomplishments, or action items.

We first worked with a sales development representative that helped onboard us. We now regularly interact with an account manager and a strategist.

We’ve seen a 40% lift in our conversion rate after six months of working with Megethos. The quantity and quality of our paid media leads have also noticeably improved; they’re turning into active deals and sales opportunities more often.

Megethos makes our collaboration seamless. Their team is highly flexible and provides well-considered solutions to any issues that fall outside their typical processes. We feel we can trust them as a reliable partner to our small marketing team.

Megethos delivers the best reporting I’ve seen from a paid media agency. They present information in a thoughtful and accessible manner and their reports cater to our company’s unique goals.

No, we’re highly satisfied with their work.

Our regular meetings always lead to productive collaboration.
    They charge fair and competitive rates in the ad agency market.
    They always go above and beyond.
    I wouldn't hesitate to recommend their services to anyone.

Facebook Ads Strategy for Real Estate Agent

"I feel like I am in good hands with their project management system."

Aug. 2018 - Ongoing

Megethos created a marketing strategy using Facebook Ads with the objective of generating leads at a low CPA. They conducted a thorough discovery process and created a set of ads with an eBook download.

Everett, Washington
Evan Ebert
Realtor, Windermere Real Estate

The ads they created produced solid leads from the get-go and the CPA has decreased by over 50% thanks to their mindful approach and suggestions for lowering costs. Megethos’ proactive team fixes issues promptly, but what stands out the most is their strategic expertise for projects of any size.

I work part-time as a residential real estate agent for Windermere. My expertise has equipped me to work with both buyers and sellers to help them be successful in their home purchase or sale.

For what projects/services did your company hire Megethos?

Being a solo real estate agent, it's my primary responsibility to generate leads for myself. The senior real estate agents in my office recommended conventional marketing (printed materials), which seemed like an exorbitant waste of my marketing budget, so I turned to Facebook Ads.

I hired Megethos because I wanted a company that could help me actually develop a strategy instead of just wasting dollars by boosting posts for an imaginary, untargeted audience.

The goals for the project were simple. First of all, I wanted to generate qualified home listing (seller) leads to follow up on and nurture into new clients over time. I also wanted to attain a reasonable cost per acquisition (CPA).

Megethos was recommended to me by a trusted business contact. Our initial conversations inspired trust and confidence in their ability to deliver on what they said. It was a combination of the personal recommendation as well as the fact that they genuinely possessed the knowledge of the subject matter.

After we agreed to partner together, we clearly defined the objectives and what my expectations were. It was important that we both understood what success looked like, and their onboarding process was helpful in accomplishing this.

The project consists of a whole set of ads that were created specifically for an audience that exhibited behaviors of potentially selling a home. Using the Lead Ads functionality on Facebook Ads, we created a set of ads to download an eBook that I created on easing the stresses of selling a home.

I’ve primarily worked with Keegan Brown (Director of Strategy, Megethos), who has acted as my account strategist and project manager. He has been beyond helpful, and I trust that he is leading me to success with this campaign.

The ads began generating qualified leads right away! What's even cooler is that Megethos wasted no time in making recommendations on how to refine our efforts, even after the first couple weeks. In fact, we've found a way to reduce our cost per lead by more than 50% simply by narrowing down to the most favorable audience, stretching my relatively small budget in order to get the best results. These are decisions that I wouldn’t have been able to make on my own.

Recently, Keegan made a recommendation that reduced my cost per lead by over $80. This has been extremely helpful in getting me connected with as many leads as I can throughout my campaign.

How did the Megethos perform from a project management standpoint?

Any time Facebook Ads bumped into an issue, Keegan and his team had it fixed by the end of the day; they’d tell me about it even sooner than that. I never felt like there was a gap between what was happening on their end and what I was seeing on mine. In fact, sometimes they’re the first to tell me that I have new leads before I even notice. I feel like I am in good hands with their project management system.

What impresses you about the Megethos?

What impresses me the most is that they can dive into any sort of system and make great strategic decisions for both large-scale projects as well as small campaigns. I feel very confident in their decision making, and when they give me a recommendation, it's a good one. Communication is also streamlined; I always feel like I am in the loop.

So far, I'm not seeing many areas that need to be addressed. I'm happy with Megethos' performance. Of course, I'd always like to see more leads, but I know we're working on this together and I'm glad to have a trusted partner to do it with.

Overall Score Megethos is my ideal partner for paid social media advertising.
    Scheduling has been painless.
    Megethos is competitively priced for the value that I'm getting.
    They’ve created a system for me that works.
    I already have!

PPC Support for Marketing Company

"I appreciate the interaction we’ve had with Keegan."

Mar. 2018 - Ongoing

Megethos runs third-party PPC campaigns. The team focuses on remarketing as well as Google Shopping campaigns.

Seattle, Washington
Keith Eneix
CEO, Bequity LLC

Megethos has optimized the campaigns from $30 to nearly $7 per acquisition. The team provides superior project management via in-person meetings and remote communication tools.

I own Bequity LLC. We drive leads and do affiliate marketing.

What challenge were you trying to address with Megethos?

We struggled to optimize our PPC campaigns for end-clients. Our team had tried numerous providers before choosing Megethos.

Megethos does PPC campaigns for our end-clients. They’ve implemented Google paid search, remarketing, and Google Shopping campaigns.

I interact mainly with Keegan (Director of Strategy/Co-Founder, Megethos).

How did you come to work with Megethos?

I reached out to Megethos after a friend of mine recommended Keegan. Even though I’m not a great paid search provider, I could tell right away that Keegan understood what he was talking about. His professional demeanor demonstrated his knowledge about paid search.

We spend about $30,000 per year.

We started working together in March 2018 and the partnership is ongoing.

Before the engagement, we spent $30 per acquisition. Keegan immediately optimized that number to $13 per acquisition, and has recently gotten it down to $7–$8.

How did Megethos perform from a project management standpoint?

Megethos is the best vendor we’ve had for project management; they’re unlike any other providers. I appreciate the interaction we’ve had with Keegan. He’s flown out to our office, delivered impressive presentations, and has integrated their project management system into our Teamwork and Slack accounts.

The communication between teams is very organized.

No. They should just keep doing what they’re best at.

Stick to the process of communication that Keegan puts forward. As far as managing the relationship, ensure that the plan that he puts forward is definitely in alignment with what the client wants.

PPC Management for Business Software Firm

"I really appreciated that he kept track of our keywords and was continuously testing them for us."

Sept. 2017 - June 2018

Megethos provided 360-degree SEM services, handling AdWords, Bing Ads, and multivariate testing of landing pages.

Marketing Manager, Business Software Company

Megethos’s expert team inspired confidence throughout the project. Responsiveness and meticulousness were hallmarks of their work. Quantification was sometimes obscured by not enough visibility into daily tasks, but efficiency and quality of work generally won the day.

I’m part of the marketing team at a cloud computing company. I manage all paid programs on the advertising side: paid search, paid social display, and content syndication.

What challenge were you trying to address with Megethos?

Our goal was to capture qualified leads to either start a free trial or download one of our online resources.

We hired Keegan (Director of Strategy, Megethos) as a contractor to help us with search engine marketing. He managed all of our campaigns on Bing and Google, including ad copy and bid amounts. He turned on and off relevant or irrelevant keywords on a daily basis. He made sure that all of our conversions were optimized in the most cost-efficient manner. He executed tests on a number of landing pages. He also helped us strategize a methodology in multivariate testing with a timeline for different types of tasks throughout the year. He even helped me prepare for large meetings with external stakeholders.

We only worked with Keegan.

How did you come to work with Megethos?

They were recommended to us by our SEO agency.

The engagement took place from September 2017–June 2018.

I don't have any metrics or a benchmark right now.

How did Megethos perform from a project management standpoint?

I spoke with Keegan pretty regularly. I had a standing weekly call with him, and he had access to our company Slack. He emailed Excel and PDF reports on a monthly basis.

Keegan was extremely transparent and detail-oriented. He was great at communicating whenever there was something that he wasn't sure about. He always reached out before making any adjustments to our legacy campaigns. I really appreciated that he kept track of our keywords and was continuously testing them for us.

It was great that we spoke on a weekly basis, but I would have liked more visibility into what Keegan was working on each day. I knew he was doing a lot of work for us, but I couldn't really quantify the details of his workload.

Keegan provided a lot of feedback and suggestions for improvement of not just paid search but across the whole digital landscape. So definitely keep an open mind and allow that outside point of view.

Keegan was always timely and met all deadlines.
    He let me know well in advance if we were expected to be over or under the budget.
    The monthly reports were extremely polished.

PPC Support Services for Digital Agency

“They’re highly proactive and dedicated to being the best in their field.”

Megethos optimizes PPC services on sites such as AdWords, Bing, and YouTube. They help develop forecasts for paid search and display ads, and their work informs media plans.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Senior Manager, Digital Marketing Company

Megethos is incredibly responsive and consistently exceeds expectations. They’ve increased return on ad spend, sometimes up to 87%. They implement innovative project management tools and are always available when needed.

I’m the senior manager of digital marketing at a full-service advertising agency.

What challenge were you trying to address with Megethos?

We wanted to enhance the analytics and optimization capabilities of our paid search and display advertising to help our clients get better ROI.

Whenever we have a new campaign for an existing client or a prospective client, we develop forecasts of what we think the paid search and display will look like. We then build that into a media plan, highlight how we’re going to deliver those ads online, and explain what kind of returns we think our clients will get. Megethos helps us implement paid search on AdWords, Bing, DoubleClick, YouTube, and the Google Display Network. For one of our newer clients, we developed a media plan and implemented it to see which keywords were effective and which targets worked best.

We work with one main consultant.

How did you come to work with Megethos?

A marketing group referred them. We interviewed them and had them do a test audit and optimization, which they did the best on, so we hired them.

So far, we’ve spent about $250,000.

We’ve been working together since January 2018, and the work is ongoing.

Our two primary clients they worked with were in the restaurant and higher education spaces. The restaurant saw an 87% increase in return on ad spend over the first three months. The higher education client has also seen continuous improvement.

How did Megethos perform from a project management standpoint?

Our consultant is in our office about 12 hours a week and is readily available over the phone or email when he’s gone. He works on strategy, conception, implementation, optimization, and reporting. We work together to build more globalized and standardized project management methodologies documentation, and workflows. We use Workamajig to manage work orders and project timelines. He’s helped us build a more robust and scalable automated system.

Even though they have multiple clients, they’re always available whenever we need them—including weekends and during vacations. They’re highly proactive and dedicated to being the best in their field. We continue to see improvements for both our new and existing clients.

Be open to their flex scheduling and telecommuting. They’ll still get things done above expectations and ahead of schedule.