Philadelphia Born & Bred, We Know The Web

Media Proper is a full-service web design and search engine optimization firm. We offer clean, fully-custom, user-centered websites that effectively connect your business to your digital audience.

Our capabilities include web design, ongoing SEO services, website care and maintenance, and practical hosting solutions for long-term success.

2001
Media, PA
  • 15 W Third Street
    Media, PA 19063

FlyTek GSE, Awesome Foods, Destination Delco, Sterling Pig, Hale Trailer, ITSG

Site Repair and Maintenance Small Nonprofit

"They've been invaluable not only as our technical arm, but also at providing insightful recommendations."

Morroni Technologies assessed the corporate website of its technical errors. They conducted a thorough code review before performing custom backend development and user interface/user experience tests.

New York Metro Area
Web Manager

Upon the deployment of the enhanced website, there was a significant decrease in the received support requests from the end users. The said website has provided an efficient work process and user-friendly functionalities. Morroni Technologies was accommodating and has provided insightful recommendations.

Could you briefly describe your organization?

I work for a nonprofit foundation that publishes digital and traditional content around Buddhist teachings and practices.

I'm the Web manager.

Could you describe the business challenges you were attempting to address when you began the relationship with Morroni Technologies?

We had a website that was developed well before my time by a separate vendor. The site was a slapdash development and it had huge operational and maintenance issues. We were receiving numerous support requests on a daily basis from users unable to perform any number of actions. We knew we needed to have another developer come in, review it, and then repair, and maintain it for us. That's how it all began. We needed to find a partner able to salvage and improve our existing site.

How did you select Morroni Technologies as your solution partner for this endeavor?

I can't really speak to that in any great detail because they were already our technology partner when I'd arrived. I think they were referred to us by a business associate, but I could be mistaken.

Could you describe the scope of work delivered by Morroni Technologies during the course of the relationship?

They've really done any number of things. At the core of it, they've been working with the coding on our site. They've reviewed all of our base code and isolated the bugs that need resolving, and also identified areas for ad hoc improvements. We go over the proposed modifications and then they execute. They're also our go-to resource for all of our more complex administrative issues. They've been instrumental in that regard.

Could you provide a sense of the size of this initiative in monetary terms?

I can't give you any specific amounts since I don't actually manage the contractual arrangement, but I believe we invest about $10,000 a month to retain their services.

How long have you retained their services?

We've been with Morroni Technologies for somewhere between 15 and 20 months.

In terms of results, could you share any statistics, metrics, or user feedback you've received that would demonstrate the effectiveness of their work?

It's difficult to give you any real statistics or figures because the work they've done isn't necessarily so conducive to that kind of tracking. I mean, we're not really anticipating increases in traffic or anything. As I'd mentioned, a lot of their work was repairing broken functionalities and making minor enhancements on the backend. I can say, however, that since hiring them, we've received far fewer and fewer support requests from our users. That's always a good sign. In a similar respect, from an internal administrative perspective, the site is also much easier to use.

When working with Morroni Technologies, is there anything you'd consider unique about their approach that distinguishes them from other vendors?

I would have to say their thoughtfulness is a huge differentiator. They've been invaluable not only as our technical arm, but also at providing insightful recommendations. We hired them to fix our site and make improvements that we thought were necessary, but they've been able to do a whole lot more. They've made recommendations for things we'd never really thought about. They've also been very accommodating with us, which is always appreciated.

In retrospect, are there any areas you think they could improve on as a service provider?

The only thing would be I wish that they'd provide a little more explanation for some of the fixes they perform. To some extent, I don't need everything explained because I know I won't understand certain things. However, there are certain times when I think having a better understanding of a problem and its proposed solution would be helpful in the long run. That would be my only recommendation.

I've done so in the past.

WordPress Implementation Specialized Educational Provider

"They were always very upfront about things, good news and bad."

Morroni Technologies revamped the whole website from its front end design, integrated customized functionalities, implemented tracking and reporting tools, and modified several standard modules based on the specifications.

Philadelphia Metro Area
Annie Oberfield
Marketing Coordinator, HMS School for Children with Cerebral Palsy

The successful redeployment of the website has resulted in significant improvements in the process and administrative efficiency and has received overwhelmingly positive feedback from its stakeholders. Morroni Technologies exercised transparent transactions, responsiveness and are professional.

Could you briefly describe your organization?

We’re a private, special education school for kids suffering cerebral palsy and traumatic brain injury. We operate as a day and residential school.

I’m the marketing coordinator.

Our website was very outdated and obsolete. The visuals and functionality were just dated, and it was obvious. The site also couldn’t offer the functionalities that we needed. We needed a partner to build us a new one, essentially.

I know Larry Morroni [founder of Morroni Technologies] personally. He actually went to high school with my husband, so I was already familiar with his business and whatnot. At the time, we were also considering a few other vendors in the area. I received estimates and proposals from several, and Larry offered to come into the office and discuss the project in-person. That’s exactly what he did. He came to our office and we sat down and really got into the details of our project. We explained what it was about our old site we didn’t like, some of the things we wanted to keep relatively the same, and what our long-term goals were. He seemed to understand our direction, and we felt comfortable with the approach he described to us. It really seemed like a good fit and, of course, my husband also vouched for him.

Could you describe the scope of work they’ve delivered to you over the course of the partnership?

They really revamped the whole site. They completed redesigned the frontend of it: Visuals, templates, and interface. They also added a number of custom functionalities and modified several of the standard modules based on our specific needs. We reorganized all of the information and architected a new logic system on the backend. They helped us implement tracking and reporting tools, and showed us how to use them effectively. It was the works.

Could you provide a sense of the size this initiative in financial terms?

I’d say it was somewhere in the range of $20,000.

When was this project complete?

I believe it was April of this year [2014].

In terms of results, could you share any statistics, metrics, or user feedback you’ve received that would demonstrate the effectiveness of their work?

I really don’t have any statistics or figures to share with you. I wouldn’t say that we’ve seen a huge spike in traffic numbers; there’s been some improvement, but it’s been incremental at best. However, the average time spent onsite by users has definitely increased. The bounce rate has really gone down, and we’ve received a lot of positive feedback from our board members and other stakeholders. Everyone’s been very impressed with the site. A big improvement is the usability of the site. For some people, the difference has really been night and day.

When working with Morroni Technologies, is there anything you’d consider unique about their approach or their development methodology that distinguish them from other vendors?

They were very hands-on. They give their clients a lot of one-on-one attention. They’re also very responsive. We never really got lost in the shuffle, so to speak. They were always very upfront about things, good news and bad. We got a very professional vibe from them.

In retrospect, are there areas in which you think they could improve as a service provider?

Given our experience with them, I can’t say there are. We didn’t run into any real issues through the deployment process. There were a few hiccups, mostly some miscommunication, but nothing that derailed the work. We’re very pleased with the outcome.

Very willing.

WordPress Implementation Material Reparation Company

"They really get their hands dirty trying to get a good grasp of their clients’ business."

Morroni revamped the entire website to maximize the company's marketing capacity over the online platform. They were responsible for the front-end visual design, handled the technical build and custom coding.

Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
John McCrudden
Co-Founder & Vice President, The Southern Company

The successful deployment of the WordPress website has resulted in a dramatic increase in the process efficiency and received positive feedback from its end users. Morroni Technologies was praised highly for having a methodical approach, for being extremely responsive and flexible with all client requests.

Could you briefly describe your organization?

We refurbish high-end pool and patio furniture for residential accounts, as well as commercial accounts: Country clubs, hotels, and condominiums. We have the ability to deal with high-end furniture, and repaint and re-strap it. We serve customers from Connecticut through Washington, D.C., with two trucks making most of the deliveries.

I’m the vice president. I’m primary responsible for floor production and our Web presence.

Could you describe the business challenge you were attempting to address when you first approached Morroni Technologies as a potential partner?

We were still using a website that had been created seven or eight years beforehand, back when all of our marketing and advertising materials were print. We quickly realized that we weren’t maximizing the potential benefits of our Web property. We concluded that we needed to find a developer to revamp our entire site, really bring us up to speed. A close business associate recommended Morroni and one other vendor to us based on their own previous experience. That’s when we decided to reach out to Morroni.

Could you describe the scope of work they’ve delivered to you during the course of the relationship?

They really took care of the entire deployment. They came down to our office to speak with us and perform an audit of our site. During that first meeting, we really spent time defining the requirements, discussing the short- and long-term objectives, and determining how we were going to track and measure our progress. They were then responsible for the frontend visual design, which required wireframing, theming, template design, and UI/UX [user interface/user experience]. They also handled the technical build. They took care of the all the custom coding. It was a complete site rebuild.

I believe we spent somewhere between $15,000 and $20,000 on the initial deployment, not including ad hoc development and ongoing support.

Our business is very seasonal. We go year-round; but typically, from February to August, our sales are just crazy. For some reason, it’s always been that way. To give you actual numbers as to how well things have gone would be difficult. It’s tough to say right now. Off the cuff, I’d say that our numbers are up big time. The feedback we’ve received from our customers has been nothing but positive. We’ve received numerous compliments on its usability and chic new design. Overall, we’ve been very pleased with how things have turned out.

When working with Morroni Technologies, is there anything you’d consider unique about their strategic approach and/or development methodology that distinguish them from other vendors?

They’re 100 percent hands-on, which is fantastic. They don’t simply delegate and observe from a consultative standpoint. They really get their hands dirty trying to get a good grasp of their clients’ business. They came into our office and really saw how we did things on the daily basis. It’s not only great from a relationship building perspective, it’s also a much more effective way to get a true understanding of the client’s needs. It also means they’re more likely to deliver a viable solution because they’ve taken the time to craft a solution around a very specific set of requirements, designed to produce a very specific set of results. It’s very methodical. I personally appreciated that tactic.

I’m very happy with what they’ve done for us. I was heavily involved in each stage of the project and I can honestly say that we experienced zero issues with Morroni. It’s been an extremely rewarding business arrangement.

Overall Score I’m very pleased.
    I’d be very likely to recommend them.