Philadelphia Born & Bred, We Know The Web

Media Proper is a full-service web design and search engine optimization firm. We offer clean, fully-custom, user-centered websites that effectively connect your business to your digital audience.

Our capabilities include web design, ongoing SEO services, website care and maintenance, and practical hosting solutions for long-term success.

2001
Media, PA
  • 15 W Third Street
    Media, PA 19063

FlyTek GSE, Awesome Foods, Destination Delco, Sterling Pig, Hale Trailer, ITSG

Website Redesign for Trailer Brake and Wheel Company

“Their ability to find interesting solutions to difficult problems was a huge benefit.”

Sept. 2017 - Mar. 2018

Media Proper provided custom website design and development services to a commercial trailer retailer, integrating two domains into one site. They handle hosting and implement additional updates as needed.

Voorhees, New Jersey
Michael McPeak
CRM Administrator, Hale Trailer

The team successfully delivered the site with the requested unique functionalities. Since then, leads generated online have increased significantly. Their curiosity, creativity, and willingness to offer advice propelled the project forward. They communicated well, working collaboratively.

I’m the CRM administrator at Hale Trailer. We sell large, heavy-duty commercial trailers at our 12 locations up and down the East Coast and in Little Rock. We’ve been in business for about 40 years.

What challenge were you trying to address with Media Proper?

We engaged an SEO company to redesign our website, which was across two separate domains at the time. It was difficult for us to track and achieve goals that way, so we wanted help combining the features of both domains into a single site. Ideally, that would also help us gain a little bit more prominence. We started with the project with a different vendor and changed over to Media Proper after rescoping the work.

We solicited their team to redesign and develop our two websites, translating their functionalities into one platform. One of the challenges was slating out an inventory management system because our inventory is large and robust. They created a custom, advanced filtering system, similar to those on e-commerce sites.

Originally, we wanted to utilize e-commerce technology to create a platform stripped of its checkout function. We don’t sell anything, but we wanted a similar look and feel. Instead, Media Proper pitched a custom development that would be faster and offer better performance. They built the site from the ground up, which made more sense to us. We continue to make updates on the site through their team. They handle hosting the site, too.

On a regular basis, we worked with three people: Larry (Managing Principal, Media Proper), a project manager, and a lead designer.

How did you come to work with Media Proper?

They were local to us compared to some of the other vendors we were considering. They were able to come to our office to present their ideas to us in-person. That made them stand out initially. The first time around, we selected another vendor, but that didn’t work out after we rescoped the project about halfway through the development.

At that point, we decided to reach back out to Media Proper, requesting a new proposal. Their original presentation was more all-encompassing, so it required much less revision than others. They seemed to understand our business better than the other six companies we spoke to, so we hired them.

We spent slightly over $50,000 on the project with them.

We started working with them in April 2017, and after some delays on our side, the platform went live in March 2018.

Because we couldn’t accurately track traffic before, it’s difficult to gauge improvements across two different domains. However, we’ve seen leads in form of web submissions increase between 50%–100%. Our internal team is also confident that there have been traffic increases.

How did Media Proper perform from a project management standpoint?

They communicate with us very well, always keeping us informed on each development stage. Even now, they’re always in touch regarding system upgrades and other maintenance operations. They’re proactive in suggesting improvements, too. For instance, we moved some of our image assets based on their expertise. It’s been a collaborative effort throughout the whole process.

They understood our business and took a unique approach to determine a custom solution. Their ability to find interesting solutions to difficult problems was a huge benefit. Larry has put together a great team.

I don’t think so. Their a small team that works well together. Their size benefits them in terms of communication. Being smaller doesn’t seem to hinder them in dedicating resources to a project at hand either. That was an initial concern for us, but all our requests are handled very quickly.

Don’t be afraid to lay out exactly what you want, even if it feels like you're shooting for the moon. They’ve been able to accomplish more than we thought possible, so I wouldn’t hesitate to ask them for the full scope of your goals.

Overall Score They’ve been everything we’ve hoped for in a developer.
    Despite their small size, they work very quickly and never had any problems with scheduling.
    They were slightly more expensive than other vendors, but the quality justified the additional cost.
    They’ve always followed through what we ask them to do.
    I suggest them whenever people ask me for developer recommendations.

Web Redesign for Dog Show

"Their commitment to excellence, accountability, and reliability stood out to me."

May - Aug. 2019

Media Proper revamped websites for a PR agency’s clients: a kennel club and a dog show. They made the sites mobile-friendly, visually appealing, and easy to navigate.

Berwyn, Pennsylvania
Steve Griffin
Owner, Vizion Group PR / National Dog Show

Thanks to their refreshed interface, the websites have brought in higher ticket sales before even major marketing efforts have started. Media Proper delivered high-quality web development work on time and at reasonable cost. They gave prompt responses and showed diligence throughout the process.

I'm the general manager of Vizion Group PR, a marketing public relations agency. Our clients include the Kennel Club of Philadelphia and the National Dog Show.

What challenge were you trying to address with Media Proper?

We needed help updating websites for the Kennel Club of Philadelphia and the National Dog Show.

Media Proper optimized the websites for mobile browsers and refreshed their appearance to meet modern visual standards. They briefed us on how the process would go, providing the entire scope of work and estimated budget and timeline in a digestible form. It took a few months, but we ended up with exactly what we were looking for.

We worked with three people. The team included Larry (Managing Principal, Media Proper) who met with me, introduced me to his staff, and monitored progress throughout; and Marc (Creative Director, Media Proper) who executed the plans, performed troubleshooting, made revisions, and kept me apprised the whole time.

How did you come to work with Media Proper?

I googled for web design companies in the region and came across Media Proper. When I called them, they were engaged from the outset. After meeting with them, I felt they were the right fit and made my decision.

We spent less than $10,000.

The project lasted from May until August 2019.

Our ticket sales are already tracking ahead of last year before most of our marketing has started. That’s because of the websites’ ease of navigation in getting visitors to where they can buy tickets. We’ve also received overwhelmingly positive input from client partners and the like. We expect to see more of an impact as we move closer to the show.

How did Media Proper perform from a project management standpoint?

We never had an issue with Media Proper. They were always available and patient with our challenges, and their responses came with immediacy and care. It was a terrific experience.

Their commitment to excellence, accountability, and reliability stood out to me. The input from parties during and after the project all came up positive—a testament to Media Proper’s success.

There were no negatives anywhere in the process, and I’m usually very critical. We’ve been thrilled with Media Proper’s work and how quickly they got things going.

I would definitely consider Media Proper on your list of candidates—it could potentially be a great fit. They have versatility, sophistication, and a wide range of skills to bring to the table. If you choose them, match their commitment to excellence, and you’ll be rewarded.

Overall Score We had a great experience. I look forward to working with Media Proper on website maintenance going forward.
    They were on top of everything, always in touch and cognizant of deadlines.
    Their prices were highly competitive, and they showed flexibility.
    Media Proper showed excellence across the board. Their follow-through was thoroughly and properly done.
    I’m highly likely to recommend their team.

Site Repair and Maintenance Small Nonprofit

"They've been invaluable not only as our technical arm, but also at providing insightful recommendations."

Media Proper (formerly Morroni Technologies) assessed the corporate website of its technical errors. They conducted a thorough code review before performing custom backend development and user interface/user experience tests.

New York Metro Area
Web Manager

Upon the deployment of the enhanced website, there was a significant decrease in the received support requests from the end users. The said website has provided an efficient work process and user-friendly functionalities. Media Proper (formerly Morroni Technologies) was accommodating and has provided insightful recommendations.

Could you briefly describe your organization?

I work for a nonprofit foundation that publishes digital and traditional content around Buddhist teachings and practices.

I'm the Web manager.

Could you describe the business challenges you were attempting to address when you began the relationship with Morroni Technologies?

We had a website that was developed well before my time by a separate vendor. The site was a slapdash development and it had huge operational and maintenance issues. We were receiving numerous support requests on a daily basis from users unable to perform any number of actions. We knew we needed to have another developer come in, review it, and then repair, and maintain it for us. That's how it all began. We needed to find a partner able to salvage and improve our existing site.

How did you select Morroni Technologies as your solution partner for this endeavor?

I can't really speak to that in any great detail because they were already our technology partner when I'd arrived. I think they were referred to us by a business associate, but I could be mistaken.

Could you describe the scope of work delivered by Morroni Technologies during the course of the relationship?

They've really done any number of things. At the core of it, they've been working with the coding on our site. They've reviewed all of our base code and isolated the bugs that need resolving, and also identified areas for ad hoc improvements. We go over the proposed modifications and then they execute. They're also our go-to resource for all of our more complex administrative issues. They've been instrumental in that regard.

Could you provide a sense of the size of this initiative in monetary terms?

I can't give you any specific amounts since I don't actually manage the contractual arrangement, but I believe we invest about $10,000 a month to retain their services.

How long have you retained their services?

We've been with Morroni Technologies for somewhere between 15 and 20 months.

In terms of results, could you share any statistics, metrics, or user feedback you've received that would demonstrate the effectiveness of their work?

It's difficult to give you any real statistics or figures because the work they've done isn't necessarily so conducive to that kind of tracking. I mean, we're not really anticipating increases in traffic or anything. As I'd mentioned, a lot of their work was repairing broken functionalities and making minor enhancements on the backend. I can say, however, that since hiring them, we've received far fewer and fewer support requests from our users. That's always a good sign. In a similar respect, from an internal administrative perspective, the site is also much easier to use.

When working with Morroni Technologies, is there anything you'd consider unique about their approach that distinguishes them from other vendors?

I would have to say their thoughtfulness is a huge differentiator. They've been invaluable not only as our technical arm, but also at providing insightful recommendations. We hired them to fix our site and make improvements that we thought were necessary, but they've been able to do a whole lot more. They've made recommendations for things we'd never really thought about. They've also been very accommodating with us, which is always appreciated.

In retrospect, are there any areas you think they could improve on as a service provider?

The only thing would be I wish that they'd provide a little more explanation for some of the fixes they perform. To some extent, I don't need everything explained because I know I won't understand certain things. However, there are certain times when I think having a better understanding of a problem and its proposed solution would be helpful in the long run. That would be my only recommendation.

I've done so in the past.

WordPress Implementation Specialized Educational Provider

"They were always very upfront about things, good news and bad."

Media Proper (formerly Morroni Technologies) revamped the whole website from its front end design, integrated customized functionalities, implemented tracking and reporting tools, and modified several standard modules based on the specifications.

Philadelphia Metro Area
Annie Oberfield
Marketing Coordinator, HMS School for Children with Cerebral Palsy

The successful redeployment of the website has resulted in significant improvements in the process and administrative efficiency and has received overwhelmingly positive feedback from its stakeholders. Media Proper (formerly Morroni Technologies) exercised transparent transactions, responsiveness and are professional.

Could you briefly describe your organization?

We’re a private, special education school for kids suffering cerebral palsy and traumatic brain injury. We operate as a day and residential school.

I’m the marketing coordinator.

Our website was very outdated and obsolete. The visuals and functionality were just dated, and it was obvious. The site also couldn’t offer the functionalities that we needed. We needed a partner to build us a new one, essentially.

I know Larry Morroni [founder of Morroni Technologies] personally. He actually went to high school with my husband, so I was already familiar with his business and whatnot. At the time, we were also considering a few other vendors in the area. I received estimates and proposals from several, and Larry offered to come into the office and discuss the project in-person. That’s exactly what he did. He came to our office and we sat down and really got into the details of our project. We explained what it was about our old site we didn’t like, some of the things we wanted to keep relatively the same, and what our long-term goals were. He seemed to understand our direction, and we felt comfortable with the approach he described to us. It really seemed like a good fit and, of course, my husband also vouched for him.

Could you describe the scope of work they’ve delivered to you over the course of the partnership?

They really revamped the whole site. They completed redesigned the frontend of it: Visuals, templates, and interface. They also added a number of custom functionalities and modified several of the standard modules based on our specific needs. We reorganized all of the information and architected a new logic system on the backend. They helped us implement tracking and reporting tools, and showed us how to use them effectively. It was the works.

Could you provide a sense of the size this initiative in financial terms?

I’d say it was somewhere in the range of $20,000.

When was this project complete?

I believe it was April of this year [2014].

In terms of results, could you share any statistics, metrics, or user feedback you’ve received that would demonstrate the effectiveness of their work?

I really don’t have any statistics or figures to share with you. I wouldn’t say that we’ve seen a huge spike in traffic numbers; there’s been some improvement, but it’s been incremental at best. However, the average time spent onsite by users has definitely increased. The bounce rate has really gone down, and we’ve received a lot of positive feedback from our board members and other stakeholders. Everyone’s been very impressed with the site. A big improvement is the usability of the site. For some people, the difference has really been night and day.

When working with Morroni Technologies, is there anything you’d consider unique about their approach or their development methodology that distinguish them from other vendors?

They were very hands-on. They give their clients a lot of one-on-one attention. They’re also very responsive. We never really got lost in the shuffle, so to speak. They were always very upfront about things, good news and bad. We got a very professional vibe from them.

In retrospect, are there areas in which you think they could improve as a service provider?

Given our experience with them, I can’t say there are. We didn’t run into any real issues through the deployment process. There were a few hiccups, mostly some miscommunication, but nothing that derailed the work. We’re very pleased with the outcome.

Very willing.

WordPress Implementation Material Reparation Company

"They really get their hands dirty trying to get a good grasp of their clients’ business."

Media Proper (formerly Morroni Technologies) revamped the entire website to maximize the company's marketing capacity over the online platform. They were responsible for the front-end visual design, handled the technical build and custom coding.

Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
John McCrudden
Co-Founder & Vice President, The Southern Company

The successful deployment of the WordPress website has resulted in a dramatic increase in the process efficiency and received positive feedback from its end users. Media Proper (formerly Morroni Technologies) was praised highly for having a methodical approach, for being extremely responsive and flexible with all client requests.

Could you briefly describe your organization?

We refurbish high-end pool and patio furniture for residential accounts, as well as commercial accounts: Country clubs, hotels, and condominiums. We have the ability to deal with high-end furniture, and repaint and re-strap it. We serve customers from Connecticut through Washington, D.C., with two trucks making most of the deliveries.

I’m the vice president. I’m primary responsible for floor production and our Web presence.

Could you describe the business challenge you were attempting to address when you first approached Morroni Technologies as a potential partner?

We were still using a website that had been created seven or eight years beforehand, back when all of our marketing and advertising materials were print. We quickly realized that we weren’t maximizing the potential benefits of our Web property. We concluded that we needed to find a developer to revamp our entire site, really bring us up to speed. A close business associate recommended Morroni and one other vendor to us based on their own previous experience. That’s when we decided to reach out to Morroni.

Could you describe the scope of work they’ve delivered to you during the course of the relationship?

They really took care of the entire deployment. They came down to our office to speak with us and perform an audit of our site. During that first meeting, we really spent time defining the requirements, discussing the short- and long-term objectives, and determining how we were going to track and measure our progress. They were then responsible for the frontend visual design, which required wireframing, theming, template design, and UI/UX [user interface/user experience]. They also handled the technical build. They took care of the all the custom coding. It was a complete site rebuild.

I believe we spent somewhere between $15,000 and $20,000 on the initial deployment, not including ad hoc development and ongoing support.

Our business is very seasonal. We go year-round; but typically, from February to August, our sales are just crazy. For some reason, it’s always been that way. To give you actual numbers as to how well things have gone would be difficult. It’s tough to say right now. Off the cuff, I’d say that our numbers are up big time. The feedback we’ve received from our customers has been nothing but positive. We’ve received numerous compliments on its usability and chic new design. Overall, we’ve been very pleased with how things have turned out.

When working with Morroni Technologies, is there anything you’d consider unique about their strategic approach and/or development methodology that distinguish them from other vendors?

They’re 100 percent hands-on, which is fantastic. They don’t simply delegate and observe from a consultative standpoint. They really get their hands dirty trying to get a good grasp of their clients’ business. They came into our office and really saw how we did things on the daily basis. It’s not only great from a relationship building perspective, it’s also a much more effective way to get a true understanding of the client’s needs. It also means they’re more likely to deliver a viable solution because they’ve taken the time to craft a solution around a very specific set of requirements, designed to produce a very specific set of results. It’s very methodical. I personally appreciated that tactic.

I’m very happy with what they’ve done for us. I was heavily involved in each stage of the project and I can honestly say that we experienced zero issues with Morroni. It’s been an extremely rewarding business arrangement.

Overall Score I’m very pleased.
    I’d be very likely to recommend them.