Digital Agency in Columbus.

GOLD VERIFIED

The Media Captain has successfully launched digital marketing campaigns for every type of business, from small and medium sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies. If you need a stunning website or want to drive more business through SEO, Social Media or Online Advertising, you’ve come to the right place.

Columbus, OH
  • 294 E Long Street, Suite 300
    Columbus, OH 43215

Online Advertising & Web Dev for Furnace Manufacturer

"Jason shares that same passion and "gets it" from an ownership point of view."

June 2019 - Ongoing

The Media Captain is providing web design and development services, SEO, social media, and online advertising efforts for an industrial heat-treating furnace manufacturer. They also helped with blog content.

Carroll, Ohio
Ellen Conway Merrill
Vice President, DELTA H TECHNOLOGIES

The Media Content's work has contributed to a significant increase in web traffic and monthly press releases that have led to more interest. Their project management has always been thorough and timely. Easy to work with, they provide good feedback and are very honest.

I am the Vice President of DELTA H TECHNOLOGIES. DELTA H designs and manufactures industrial heat treating furnaces for the aerospace, defense, automotive, medical, plastics, additive manufacturing industries and many more.

Website design / development, SEO, Social Media, Online Advertising

Generate new business for our company through SEO and Google Ads along with optimizing our website.

When I searched for "web developers near me" and they were the first to pop up, I figured they must be doing something right. What really solidified our partnership with them though was Jason and his appreciation of our unique business and needs. Before Media Captain, we often felt we were forced into square peg, round hole decisions when it came to our website development and SEO. Media Captain listened to our needs and goals and came up with creative solutions that are paying off.

Their team came to our facility to get a first hand account of who we are and what we do, along with the message we wanted to convey to our customers. We continued to work closely with them to further develop our website, adding and optimizing pages. From there, we then set on to SEO and Online Advertising. Bi-weekly meetings are scheduled to review results and optimize strategies. Additionally, they have assisted us with several of our blog posts which are now getting much more attention than they had before.

We've mostly worked directly with our Project Manager, but know there are lots of people behind the scenes also contributing to our needs.

Sales and traffic to our website has increased significantly. We also now have a monthly press release which we hadn't before and has led to further interest, feedback, and sales. Overall, everything has been a success.

Project management has always been very thorough and timely. The feedback and collaboration between us and Media Captain is very easy to come by and honest, which we appreciate.

Jason and his story. We are a fellow family business and are very passionate about what we do. Jason shares that same passion and "gets it" from an ownership point of view. The perseverance and creativity he had in creating his own business sold us on working with them.

I have nothing but great things to say!

Web Dev & SEO for Law Firm

"Many of the compliments have come from other people in the web design and development industry."

Oct. 2019 - Jan. 2020

The Media Captain was tasked with creating a new website and implementing SEO for a law firm. Their aim was lead generation through an appealing website and a refreshed brand, including a new design and logo.

Steven Katz
Partner, Katz, Pryor & DiCuccio, LLP

While it's too early to see results, The Media Captain delivered a website that's gotten great feedback from people in the design and development industries. The workflow was effective because their team maintained transparent communication and were quick to resolve even minor issues.

I am one of the three partners and founding members of Katz, Pryor & DiCuccio, LLP, a law firm in Columbus, Ohio.

For what projects/services did your company hire The Media Captain?

We hired The Media Captain to build a new website and help with SEO/PPC.

We want to attract more clients through online advertising.

I've known Jason Parks at The Media Captain for about 17 years. We shopped around and The Media Captain seemed to be the best value.

We had an initial in-person meeting to talk about what we wanted in our website. We then met every two weeks to track progress on our site.

We dealt with several team members, each of whom had a different role. We had someone help with our logo and branding, we had someone help with design, someone else helped with SEO/PPC, etc.

Our site just launched, so we are still too early to see all the results. Since we launched the site, we have gotten great feedback on the look and design of our site. Many of the compliments have come from other people in the web design and development industry.

Very effective, we appreciate their communication.

They are quick to respond. Whenever we noticed a small issue, we would reach out and receive an immediate reply.

Too early to tell, but nothing we see at this time.

Overall Score Great product, affordable, and easy to work with.
    Very communicative.
    Very competitive with other companies in the industry.
    Easy to work with and fantastic product.
    I would use them again myself.

Digital Marketing & Web Dev for Music Academy

"They're large enough to have resources but small enough to actually care."

Nov. 2019 - Ongoing

The Media Captain provides digital marketing services with the aim of improving SERP rankings for specific keywords in certain locations. They also consulted on reducing the cost for Google Ads.

Detroit, Michigan
Jessica Schatz
Founder & CEO, Expressions Music Academy

After a few months, web rankings have already improved significantly. As a result, stakeholders have received more online inquiries. Their Google Ads cost-per-click is reduced as well. The Media Captain's responsive, organized working style has been a highlight.

Expressions Music Academy provides private music lessons to students ages 3-adult in basic music fundamentals as well as instruments such as piano, voice, guitar, ukulele, drums, violin, wind instruments, and more. I conceptualized and founded the business in 2010 and act as its CEO.

For what projects/services did your company hire The Media Captain?

We currently have five locations and our primary goal was to improve web rankings for specific keywords in each location, particularly two new locations and one older location that was struggling. We also hoped to get our cost per click down on our Google Ads.

Our ultimate goal was to improve our organic rankings across all five locations and reduce our Google Ads cost per click so that we could both draw more clients (most important) and decrease marketing costs.

The Media Captain came highly recommended by another music school owner friend of mine in Ohio. He has a lot more knowledge than me in website and SEO work and had even done some work on my Google Ads for me, so I trusted him. I know he would have done his homework on choosing a company.

I supplied the team with login credentials for key websites and dashboards they would need to access, and they immediately got to work making improvements to both the frontend and backend of our website, building backlinks, creating review landing pages, improving our Google Ads, setting up retargeting ads on Google and Facebook, and adding us to directories. They presented the plan to me, broken down by month, and continue to update me on their progress and improvements to our rankings every two weeks during a conference call.

First I spoke with Jason, the owner, who asked questions about my company, needs, and goals and subsequently built a strategy for improvement. Then I was introduced to Alec who implements the strategies and keeps me updated every two weeks. I can contact either of them at any time for a quick response.

We have only been working with this company for a few months and already our rankings are up in several locations/keywords! It's amazing. We have received more request info forms this last month than we usually would in January and ultimately are enrolling more students. Our Google Ads cost per click is also significantly reduced.

The Media Captain is so easy to contact and extremely responsive. We mostly communicate via email but also meet several times per month via phone conference. They keep me updated without me having to ask, but if I do have a question, it is addressed thoroughly and quickly.

I have worked with two other SEO companies. One was more of a freelancer and one was a much larger company. Both had problems and even though I was promised results (which was fishy in the first place - SEO improvements can rarely be PROMISED), I never got them. I did, however, waste a lot of money. The Media Captain, on the other hand, is a perfectly-sized company with direct contact and strategizing with the owner but also a lot of support from the rest of the team. They're large enough to have resources but small enough to actually care. They're extremely organized and knowledgeable and I have been impressed with the comprehensive strategy they developed and presented to me. Most importantly, though, they're the only SEO company which has actually improved my rankings! And FAST! As a business owner of nearly 10 years, I have worked with a lot of companies. The Media Captain is one of the best companies I have ever worked with.

I would not change anything about my experience with this company so far. They have exceeded my expectations.

Overall Score Best SEO company I have ever encountered or worked with.
    They presented me with month-to-month goals and have achieved them.
    Well worth it for the results. We have increased web traffic and student enrollment!
    If quality equals results, then it couldn't be better.
    I already have and will continue to do so.

SEO & PPC for Engineering Firm

"They're worth every dime."

Jan. 2017 - Ongoing

The Media Captain created a digital marketing strategy and provided SEO and PPC services for an engineering firm.

Klamath Falls, Oregon
Bryce Mallory
Business Development Manager, PSE Consulting Engineers

The website ranks on the Google’s first results page for several keywords, which has helped grow the company. The Media Captain was very knowledgeable and supported their partners by guiding them through the process. Overall, they’re highly recommended.

We are a structural engineering firm that is Licensed in 50 U.S. States and we also provide home design. I am the Business Development Manager.

For what projects/services did your company hire The Media Captain?

We hired the Media Captain for SEO and PPC help.

We wanted to be ranked on the first page/ first spot on google for many different keywords.

We researched many different SEO companies and found that Jason was very transparent and was not sheisty.

The Media Captain has done a great job with the SEO on our website. Business has been booming and we really appreciate all of the help from Jason and the team. Our SEO has been an investment and it's not cheap, but it's worth it. We were skeptical about what SEO company to hire and I guarantee that I made the right decision! Our company has thrived and many of our keywords are ranked on the first page of Google. The Media Captain works with us on a new strategy each month, and it has been very profitable and pretty much every new marketing campaign has been successful. If you are looking for SEO and PPC help, I would highly suggest The Media Captain, you won't regret it! Thanks again Media Captain Team and Jason, for all of the hard work.

We meet every month, twice a month and discuss new strategies for all the different pages that we have on our website, and then monitor all of them.

We are ranked on the first page of google for so many different keywords, it has helped grow our company. They're worth every dime.

It has been excellent!

They are very informative and actually teach you new things and explain what they are doing, and how they are going about it.

Not that I have seen.

Overall Score Great job Media Captain, you guys have been awesome.
    It's always great, and they are willing to work with our schedule as well.
    You get what you pay for, and it's definitely been worth it.
    They are the best SEO team that we could have hired!
    I definitely would refer them.

SEO & PPC for Hospice

"They're a people-oriented team who seem to understand real-life problems and then seek to solve them through technology."

Apr. 2015 - Ongoing

The Media Captain developed a landing page for a hospice provider and created an SEO and PPC strategy across multiple platforms. They also created an algorithm to manage incoming leads.

Nashville, Tennessee
Mike Fleming
Chief Marketing & Enablement Officer, Amedisys

Since The Media Captain implemented their strategy, leads have significantly increased. Their team is attentive and very easy to work with. Their smooth workflow ensured that the project was successful.

I am the Chief Marketing and Enablement Officer for Amedisys, a national home health and hospice provider with care delivery in 38 states.

For what projects/services did your company hire The Media Captain?

The Media Captain has been managing our SEO/PPC efforts to drive new patient leads for nearly 5 years. This included development of a new landing page, a detailed PPC strategy across multiple platforms, and technical coding on an algorithm to manage incoming leads seamlessly and efficiently.

To drive local market brand awareness via online channels and to generate patient/consumer leads that would convert to new patient admissions.

From past experience working with Jason Parks and the Media Captain on other digital initiatives.

We were seeking to innovate and improve our SEO/PPC strategy to drive new patient leads via our "Is Hospice the Answer" quiz.

Jason Parks was our initial point of contact and served as chief strategist to drive the relationship. We also have worked closely with Mike Cottrill on technical/web development and with the account management team.

As a result of the Media Captain's work, we now generate 500+ new patient leads each month for our care centers across the country. When we first engaged with the Media Captain, that number was below 50 new leads per month … meaning that we have experienced a 10x increase as a result of this partnership.

Workflow has always been incredibly smooth and seamless. The Media Captain team is attentive, thorough, and extremely easy to work with.

This isn't just a tech agency … They're a people-oriented team who seem to understand real-life problems and then seek to solve them through technology. That's a refreshing change in a digital age and a tribute to the vision of their founder.

None

SEO Management for Private Music Academy

"They actually deliver the results that you are paying for."

The Media Captain performed a full-scale site audit and SEO overhaul for a private music academy, continuing to manage SEO efforts on a month-by-month basis.

Chad Ebert
President, Powell Academy of Music

The SEO work delivered by The Media Captain has helped bring more attention and business to their client. Their team is communicative and results-oriented, ensuring that project stakeholders can see the results of their investment.

Owner and CEO of the business.

For what projects/services did your company hire The Media Captain?

We were falling behind in our SEO efforts so we reached out to the Media Captain.

To improve our search engine rankings and visibility.

We looked through a lot of different companies and ultimately chose the media captain because of reviews and reputation.

The Media Captain did a full site audit, fixed everything and continues to optimize our site each month.

We worked with Jason and Cassidy and both were awesome to work with.

We improved our organic rankings and the number of new clients coming in.

They have been super easy to work with and very responsive to all of our emails and communication.

They actually deliver the results that you are paying for. I've worked with quite a few SEO companies and many of them never deliver any quantifiable results. They are the real deal.

None.

Overall Score I highly recommend them!!!
    Very responsive and easy to work with.
    They are expensive but you get what you pay for. They deliver top notch results.
    They have been excellent with everything they have done.
    I have referred numerous people to the media captain.

Digital Advertising for Safety Supplies Store

"The TMC team is quick and agile when responding to issues, questions, and concerns..."

Jan. 2015 - Ongoing

The Media Captain manages advertising services, including Google Ads, SEO, and Google Shopping.

David M. Jarvis
Chief Operations Officer, Jendco Safety Supply, Inc.

Sales, traffic, and conversions on the e-commerce site have grown significantly in a time-efficient manner. Internal stakeholders' satisfaction has led to a long-term partnership. They excel at crafting strategy according to business goals.

Jendco Safety Supply is a family owned and operated safety & Industrial supply distributor located in Columbus, OH. Our core business is specialty selling personal protective equipment for construciton, manufacturing, demolition and a multitude of other industries.

We serve mostly a B2B environment but our business is also frequented by B2C customers. I am our COO but also I manage our eCommerce product content, pricing and sales.

For what projects/services did your company hire The Media Captain?

We hired The Media Captain to take care of all of our PPC campaigns. Currently they manage all of our Google AdWords, Search and Shopping campaigns. Since hiring TMC on our eCommerce has experienced over 5x growth from online sales alone.

Overall our goal was to increase our revenue line while keeping our advertising expenses low. We typically don't operated with much of an advertising budget as the bulk of our business is B2B and we let the TMC team know this from the beginning.

Gladly, to our surprise, within only a few weeks time there was a significant uptick in traffic, conversions and sales through our website. We were convinced from there on out to make an advertising budget a priority within our business.

I selected The Media Captain after reading an article in Columbus CEO about a neighboring business using The Media Captain for their paid online advertising. I sent Jason an email and we had a conference call the next day. We have been with them ever since (2014)

They manage all of our paid google advertising services - Google AdWords and Google Shopping. We just recently extended our contract to include SEO for our website.

I worked closely with the businesses founder for years. I have always worked with him or one of his direct reports. Regardless of who I work with though, I always get the results we're looking for.

Our business frequently gets calls from firms trying to sell us on their PPC services - telling us one thing or another isn't configured right and we are loosing 'X' amount of dollars because of this.

In full disclosure, I have provided our numbers to these firms trying to sell me on their services and I typically don't get a call back from them once they've seen how well we're performing.

In short, TMC's strategy for our PPC campaigns hasn't been able to beat which is why we've stuck with them for 5+ years.

In my opinion, effective communication is key. The TMC team is quick and agile when responding to issues, questions, and concerns that pop up.

I like working with other small businesses and business owners. TMC provides a world-class approach with reporting, communication, and strategy all while being a small boutique firm located in the same city as us.

I really appreciate that they do not outsource the work to another country or to remote employees - so the employees I work with there are very well rounded and understand the entire function and process of the business.

Not at this time

Overall Score Great business to do business with
    Very flexible
    I give this a 10/5. We have an incredible ROI and there is alot of value in using TMC.
    Always on time - always consistent
    I have and will continue to refer them.

E-Commerce Dev & Ongoing SEO for Steel Manufacturer

"Media Captain's strong suit is communication and persistence as well as plenty of knowledge and experience."

Jan. 2016 - Ongoing

Initially, The Media Captain transitioned a legacy web server over to a modern e-commerce solution. The team developed the site layout and functionality before adopting their current digital marketing role.

Joe VanGundy
VP of Online Sales, Fortin Ironworks

The new e-commerce platform and ongoing SEO/PPC services have helped the company grow substantially. Beyond technical support, The Media Captain consistently suggests improvements as they see them. They've even taught the internal team to tackle some technical issues themselves to ease their budget.

We are a manufacturer of ornamental iron and light structural steel components. I am partial owner of a multi-generational family owned & operated business.

For what projects/services did your company hire The Media Captain?

We were on a legacy web server looking to modernize to transition to e-commerce. Media Captain helped us with the site moves, setting it up on an easily sustainable platform.

From there they developed the site layout and web cart. Ongoing they have developed a marketing strategy that also includes SEO, PPC, Facebook ads, Amazon ads & organic search results.

We wanted a site that was easily maintained and updated regularly without tedious coding or 'real' know how.

In the past, we worked with many web dev, marketing and strategy companies. Media Captain has it all in one stop shop.

Media Captain performed all the back end heavy lifting and provided us with education as to how to continue to work out site in-house to ease budget.

Initially, I worked with Jason (president) and Mike (dev). As the site was put in place, we continue to work with Jason & Mike but are also frequently in contact with Cassidy who champions any future development plans

Our e-commerce has grown substantially since utilizing Media Captain. I assume it will continue to grow as they persistently suggest improvements.

Media Captain's strong suit is communication and persistence as well as plenty of knowledge and experience. Let them be good at what they do so you can focus on what you are good at.

Everyone on the MC team is very approachable and available. They are big enough to get the work done but small enough that you don't get lost simply trying to get in touch with the appropriate contact.

Web Dev, SEO & Google Ads for Home Exterior Installer

"I am able to speak to developers, copywriters, and the owner; no one was off-limits."

June 2019 - Ongoing

The Media Captain provides SEO and Google Ads services to grow organic leads for a home exterior installer. They also helped with web development and content production to increase traffic.

New Albany, Ohio
Johnathan Charles
Digital Marketing Manager, Feazel

The vendor's efforts have significantly improved organic search traffic and Google page ranking. The communication between The Media Captain and the client was open and effective.

Feazel is a commercial and residential home exterior installer. Specializing in roofing, siding, windows, and gutters. I am the digital marketing manger overseeing all of Feazel's digital landscapes.

For what projects/services did your company hire The Media Captain?

After launching a new website, we looked to the Media Captian for resources in development, SEO, and direction on Google Ads.

Ultimately, the number one goal was to increase our organic leads on our website. Besides that, alleviating the pressure of development tasks from myself was a huge relief.

Jason, and I met through a previous employer about three years ago. Their team was much smaller, but were able to support the needs of my business at the time. I called Jason, and discussed our needs. He was able to deliver, so we signed the contract immediately.

TMC provided recommendations to improve content on our local service pages to increase our organic rankings on Google, and on deliver more organic traffic. TMC has helped monitor and adjust our Google Ads to be more efficient, and to preform better.

Our assigned team consisted of a project manager, a developer, and a copywriter. Depending on the task, Jason would bring additional people into the mix.

Since working with Jason, we have seen a significant increase in organic traffic, and we are ranking higher on google than before.

Our project was managed 'loosely'. I will provide a request, Jason and the PM would review the request, and would assign it out to their team. Most of the time they would provide an estimated deadline. With our business, there was nothing urgent requested from TMC.

I would say the communication to all parties involved. I am able to speak to developers, copywriters, and the owner; no one was off-limits.

The only thing I would like to see be improved would be their project status tracking. I don't necessarily need a dashboard, but I would like to have more real time updates.

Overall Score Great service, quality pricing!
    TMC always delivered.
    Very competitive pricing.
    Everythign that I have ask for has been completed, and completed correctly.
    I would recommend 10/10!

Digital Marketing for Bankruptcy & Tax Law Firm

"I can see the differences it has made in my business. It's real."

Oct. 2018 - Ongoing

The Media Captain was responsible for digital marketing efforts for a boutique tax and bankruptcy law firm. Their team analyzed and made updates to the website and performed PPC and SEO services.

Hilliard, Ohio
Kenneth L. Sheppard, Jr.
Owner, Sheppard Law Offices, Co., L.P.A.

The website and marketing efforts have led to an increase in traffic and clients, with visitors to the site commentating on it's improved design. The Media Captain is incredibly communicative, frequently responding within the day. Their team is responsible, organized, and transparent.

I am the Owner of Sheppard Law Offices, Co., L.P.A, a boutique Tax and Bankruptcy Law Firm with 5 offices located in Central and Northeast Ohio. I employ 3 attorneys and 5 staff members.

For what projects/services did your company hire The Media Captain?

I hired The Media Captain to help me with the overall revamping of my online marketing and website presence. There were several problems I needed addressed right away, including SEO work, Pay-Per-Click, social media, and the appearance and content of my website. My prior marketing persons were not helping me produce an aggressive online presence to compete in my markets.

The goals were and still continue to be the same, that is, to improve upon and maintain a very strong online presence on Google organic searches, Google My Business, and PPC. We are trying to increase our online contacts with our 5 different offices.

I actually researched several local (Columbus area) online marketing firms. I spoke with Jason for about 3 months or so before we actually met in person. Other agencies were either not interested in my small business or they wanted to charge an unreasonable amount for a plan that was not practicable for my business.

I searched on Google for Columbus online marketing firms and I met with a few of them. Jason did not over-promise and he was reasonable. I wasn't tied into anything long-term. I felt comfortable and I made a calculated choice to give TMC a try. I'm 11 months into this business relationship, and I am happy.

We started by analyzing and fixing the current website. There were a lot of problems with it. We had to remove links, end URLs, rewrite content and pages, correct punctuation, etc. At the same time, SEO had to start with PPC. My prior marketing guys just didn't do me justice.

The way I can tell the major change is by the number of contacts I started getting once things started to be corrected by TMC. Recently, we have started with Facebook ads. They write blog articles for my site. Here is the best part of the project.... constant communication with Alec and an agenda that is reviewed by telephone every 2 weeks. I love the organization and I know what they are doing and when it is done. I never had that before.

Alec is my project manager and Jason is the owner, who is copied on nearly every email. I have some interaction with other team members at TMC, but mostly Alec handles my account. We speak every 2 weeks and go over what has been done, what is being worked on, and what we are planning next. This is awesome! It makes me feel comfortable knowing my account is being handled because I get to see it.

About 3 months after hiring TMC, I could see an increase in my offices' appointments. The telephone was ringing more and I didn't see the "lull" periods I had previously experienced. The website reads so much better now, and we are even improving our existing pages with new content to drive more traffic to the website.

I also just had a prospective client tell me she saw me on Google and then a Facebook ad of mine caused her to call me...WOW! I see the difference in online contact forms being completed as well by prospective clients. We have 3 staff members who are responsible on a daily basis to contact the leads that come in. One person cannot do it any longer.

Alec and Jason are great with communication. I'm a lawyer and I know what communication means to clients and others. Alec and Jason are superb in communicating with me. Most of our communications are via email. Alec and I have our bi-weekly telephone calls to address the ongoing agenda items. If they want something from me, they just tell me. And if I have any issues, I just email them and they address it. There is no delay or lack of communication with Alec and Jason.

Results-Oriented. Reasonableness. Organized. Transparent. I have been in business for 16 years. I love marketing and being competitive. I have used several prior marketing companies and persons and I always thought I was overpaying for results that were unproven or less than desirable. So as you can imagine I was skeptical last year. That's why I did a lot of research to find a great online marketing firm. I put faith in Jason and his team. 11 months later, I am not disappointed at all. In fact, I am very happy with my business relationship with The Media Captain. I know what I am getting. I can see it. I can see the differences it has made in my business. It's real.

Online marketing is a marathon, not a race. TMC hasn't shown me anything yet that makes me think they have to improve upon the service they provide me. We set goals and tasks and then we accomplish them. The result of this plan of action is increased online visibility.

Overall Score No doubt about it. 5/5 stars. I'm not going anywhere else for my online marketing needs.
    Never a problem at all with scheduling with TMC. TMC is organized. They will always be where they are supposed to be.
    Very reasonable. I did the reasearch and I know I receive great value for the cost.
    All work is performed at a very high standard. The website changes are professional. The content of pages are well-written with correct grammar.
    I'd refer anyone who is not a competitor of mine to TMC. TMC is a great reason for my current success.

GOLD VERIFIED