Digital Agency in Columbus.

The Media Captain has successfully launched digital marketing campaigns for every type of business, from small and medium sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies. If you need a stunning website or want to drive more business through SEO, Social Media or Online Advertising, you’ve come to the right place.

Columbus, OH
  • 294 E Long Street, Suite 300
    Columbus, OH 43215

Web Dev, SEO & Google Ads for Home Exterior Installer

"I am able to speak to developers, copywriters, and the owner; no one was off-limits."

June 2019 - Ongoing

The Media Captain provides SEO and Google Ads services to grow organic leads for a home exterior installer. They also helped with web development and content production to increase traffic.

New Albany, Ohio
Johnathan Charles
Digital Marketing Manager, Feazel

The vendor's efforts have significantly improved organic search traffic and Google page ranking. The communication between The Media Captain and the client was open and effective.

Feazel is a commercial and residential home exterior installer. Specializing in roofing, siding, windows, and gutters. I am the digital marketing manger overseeing all of Feazel's digital landscapes.

For what projects/services did your company hire The Media Captain?

After launching a new website, we looked to the Media Captian for resources in development, SEO, and direction on Google Ads.

Ultimately, the number one goal was to increase our organic leads on our website. Besides that, alleviating the pressure of development tasks from myself was a huge relief.

Jason, and I met through a previous employer about three years ago. Their team was much smaller, but were able to support the needs of my business at the time. I called Jason, and discussed our needs. He was able to deliver, so we signed the contract immediately.

TMC provided recommendations to improve content on our local service pages to increase our organic rankings on Google, and on deliver more organic traffic. TMC has helped monitor and adjust our Google Ads to be more efficient, and to preform better.

Our assigned team consisted of a project manager, a developer, and a copywriter. Depending on the task, Jason would bring additional people into the mix.

Since working with Jason, we have seen a significant increase in organic traffic, and we are ranking higher on google than before.

Our project was managed 'loosely'. I will provide a request, Jason and the PM would review the request, and would assign it out to their team. Most of the time they would provide an estimated deadline. With our business, there was nothing urgent requested from TMC.

I would say the communication to all parties involved. I am able to speak to developers, copywriters, and the owner; no one was off-limits.

The only thing I would like to see be improved would be their project status tracking. I don't necessarily need a dashboard, but I would like to have more real time updates.

Overall Score Great service, quality pricing!
    TMC always delivered.
    Very competitive pricing.
    Everythign that I have ask for has been completed, and completed correctly.
    I would recommend 10/10!

Digital Marketing for Bankruptcy & Tax Law Firm

"I can see the differences it has made in my business. It's real."

Oct. 2018 - Ongoing

The Media Captain was responsible for digital marketing efforts for a boutique tax and bankruptcy law firm. Their team analyzed and made updates to the website and performed PPC and SEO services.

Hilliard, Ohio
Kenneth L. Sheppard, Jr.
Owner, Sheppard Law Offices, Co., L.P.A.

The website and marketing efforts have led to an increase in traffic and clients, with visitors to the site commentating on it's improved design. The Media Captain is incredibly communicative, frequently responding within the day. Their team is responsible, organized, and transparent.

I am the Owner of Sheppard Law Offices, Co., L.P.A, a boutique Tax and Bankruptcy Law Firm with 5 offices located in Central and Northeast Ohio. I employ 3 attorneys and 5 staff members.

For what projects/services did your company hire The Media Captain?

I hired The Media Captain to help me with the overall revamping of my online marketing and website presence. There were several problems I needed addressed right away, including SEO work, Pay-Per-Click, social media, and the appearance and content of my website. My prior marketing persons were not helping me produce an aggressive online presence to compete in my markets.

The goals were and still continue to be the same, that is, to improve upon and maintain a very strong online presence on Google organic searches, Google My Business, and PPC. We are trying to increase our online contacts with our 5 different offices.

I actually researched several local (Columbus area) online marketing firms. I spoke with Jason for about 3 months or so before we actually met in person. Other agencies were either not interested in my small business or they wanted to charge an unreasonable amount for a plan that was not practicable for my business.

I searched on Google for Columbus online marketing firms and I met with a few of them. Jason did not over-promise and he was reasonable. I wasn't tied into anything long-term. I felt comfortable and I made a calculated choice to give TMC a try. I'm 11 months into this business relationship, and I am happy.

We started by analyzing and fixing the current website. There were a lot of problems with it. We had to remove links, end URLs, rewrite content and pages, correct punctuation, etc. At the same time, SEO had to start with PPC. My prior marketing guys just didn't do me justice.

The way I can tell the major change is by the number of contacts I started getting once things started to be corrected by TMC. Recently, we have started with Facebook ads. They write blog articles for my site. Here is the best part of the project.... constant communication with Alec and an agenda that is reviewed by telephone every 2 weeks. I love the organization and I know what they are doing and when it is done. I never had that before.

Alec is my project manager and Jason is the owner, who is copied on nearly every email. I have some interaction with other team members at TMC, but mostly Alec handles my account. We speak every 2 weeks and go over what has been done, what is being worked on, and what we are planning next. This is awesome! It makes me feel comfortable knowing my account is being handled because I get to see it.

About 3 months after hiring TMC, I could see an increase in my offices' appointments. The telephone was ringing more and I didn't see the "lull" periods I had previously experienced. The website reads so much better now, and we are even improving our existing pages with new content to drive more traffic to the website.

I also just had a prospective client tell me she saw me on Google and then a Facebook ad of mine caused her to call me...WOW! I see the difference in online contact forms being completed as well by prospective clients. We have 3 staff members who are responsible on a daily basis to contact the leads that come in. One person cannot do it any longer.

Alec and Jason are great with communication. I'm a lawyer and I know what communication means to clients and others. Alec and Jason are superb in communicating with me. Most of our communications are via email. Alec and I have our bi-weekly telephone calls to address the ongoing agenda items. If they want something from me, they just tell me. And if I have any issues, I just email them and they address it. There is no delay or lack of communication with Alec and Jason.

Results-Oriented. Reasonableness. Organized. Transparent. I have been in business for 16 years. I love marketing and being competitive. I have used several prior marketing companies and persons and I always thought I was overpaying for results that were unproven or less than desirable. So as you can imagine I was skeptical last year. That's why I did a lot of research to find a great online marketing firm. I put faith in Jason and his team. 11 months later, I am not disappointed at all. In fact, I am very happy with my business relationship with The Media Captain. I know what I am getting. I can see it. I can see the differences it has made in my business. It's real.

Online marketing is a marathon, not a race. TMC hasn't shown me anything yet that makes me think they have to improve upon the service they provide me. We set goals and tasks and then we accomplish them. The result of this plan of action is increased online visibility.

Overall Score No doubt about it. 5/5 stars. I'm not going anywhere else for my online marketing needs.
    Never a problem at all with scheduling with TMC. TMC is organized. They will always be where they are supposed to be.
    Very reasonable. I did the reasearch and I know I receive great value for the cost.
    All work is performed at a very high standard. The website changes are professional. The content of pages are well-written with correct grammar.
    I'd refer anyone who is not a competitor of mine to TMC. TMC is a great reason for my current success.