Bring Brands To Life With Digital Marketing

Marvel Marketing is a digital marketing agency located in Calgary, AB providing Web Design, SEO & PPC Marketing services.

Although Calgary based, Marvel Marketing provides digital marketing and Web Design services to businesses across Canada and US.

Calgary, Canada
  • 114 61 Ave SW
    Calgary, AB T2H 0B2

Kahane Law, Speedy Auto Centre, Aligned Capital, Beyond Bronze Tanning

Branding, SEO, and Video Production for Tanning Salon

"They’re a smaller, local organization, so their finger is on the pulse of what we’re doing."

Sept 2018 - Ongoing

Marvel Marketing provides digital and traditional services, including web development, SEO, branding, and collateral design. Their most recent effort is an ongoing video production for web and social media.

Calgary, Canada
Jeff Seelman
Owner, Beyond Bronze Tanning and Esthetics

Rankings have improved for various service offerings, and the brand has adopted a more professional appearance. Marvel Marketing has been a proactive partner in driving new initiatives. Their size allows them to build close relationships with clients and align on long-term visions.

I’m the owner of Beyond Bronze Tanning and Esthetics in Alberta, Canada.

What challenge were you trying to address with Marvel Marketing?

We wanted to increase our ranking on Google and some of the other search engines. A lot of our advertising in the past (paper and promotions) wasn’t gaining a lot of ground. We’re in a new community that’s cut off from the rest of the city, so wanted to draw more people to our location.

Ryan (Founder, Marvel Marketing) came in, had some discussions with us, and started out with SEO. We optimized for 10 keywords we thought were important and then started doing some backlinks and other links with our other vendors and suppliers.

They’ve also revamped our brochures and my business card, giving them a more professional look. We went from a black and gold color scheme to a navy blue and gold scheme to be more luxurious. Recently, we did a shoot with their videographer to put a 30-second video on our website and social media. The video is currently being edited.

We also have a WordPress website that they worked on. Since we launched the site, we’ve started to offer additional services including laser, massage, facials, and lashes. Marvel built additional pages for those services and now does SEO to get those pages ranking.

We work with Ryan, his videographer, and his sales person.

How did you come to work with Marvel Marketing?

Ryan has been a client of mine in the past. He mentioned that he was in the marketing space, and we started talking.

We’ve spent $3,000–$5,000 CAD ($2,260–$3,770 USD) so far.

We’ve been working together since September of 2018.

We’ve been moving up in the rankings. Previously, we hadn’t ranked on maps or any type of organic levels for massage or laser. We now show up now for both on maps. Our rankings for tanning and spray tanning have gone up a fair bit as well. We’re almost on the first page of the organic side, and we’re one or two on maps for both tanning and spray tanning.

In the past, I did all the branding and everything myself and thought it was pretty good. It lacked professionalism, but it got us by. Now, we can offer a more professional brochure. With Ryan’s help we’ll be able to rebrand some of the services we have and get them more noticed, and, hopefully, grow into more locations.

They’ve captured our vision really well lots of discussions on where we want to go. They’re hands-on with our Instagram and Facebook and active in getting that message out there. There was also a lot of talk about how my business impacts everyone. Some people think what I do isn’t good for people, but Ryan understands what I’m doing.

How did Marvel Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

They push me forward and help get things done when I’m busy. They’ve even done some things on their own (messaging me first for approval, of course) and put things into action.

They’re a smaller, local organization, so their finger is on the pulse of what we’re doing. I think if I was with a bigger organization a lot would get lost in translation. Meaning, I’d talk to somebody and the message would get passed to colleagues who wouldn’t understand what was happening. Ryan and Marvel have been able to implement my vision as we go along.

No. They’ve done very well, and done it all affordably.

Having Ryan come in and talk helped us understand where his company is and helped him understand what my vision was. We were able to identify where my money would be most efficiently spent.