#1 SEO Company For Small Business

Markitors connects small businesses with clients and customers...and has a great time doing it.

We are an SEO company for small business. If you Google "digital marketing company," you'll find Markitors on the 1st page of search results.

We know our stuff, and nothing makes us happier than moving small businesses forward online.

Scottsdale, AZ
  • 7343 E Scottsdale Mall, Suite 3001
    Scottsdale, AZ 85251

Small Businesses, Family Owned Businesses, & Small Teams within large companies.

0 to 75,000 organic search visits per month

Markitors took Y Scouts, an executive search firm, from 0 to 75,000 organic search visits per month through SEO services.

This service included content creation, link building, and Technical SEO.

The end result was a sustainable inflow of leads that helped propel Y Scouts to a nationally known executive search firm.

SEO & Digital Marketing for Advertising Company

"They seem to be experts in this space of organic traffic generation and increasing brand awareness..."

Dec. 2016 - Ongoing

Markitors provides ongoing digital marketing services including social media management and SEO. They also manage content creation through a shared editorial calendar that balances stakeholder priorities.

Phoenix, Arizona
Denise Gredler
Founder & CEO, BestCompaniesAz

The website has begun performing on-par with national competitors thanks to Markitors work. Further, their robust ROI tracking and reporting has set new standards for future growth. Customers can expect a knowledgeable partner that is forthcoming with their skills and expertise.

I’m the founder and owner of BestCompaniesAz. We’re an award, promotion, and employer branding firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with Markitors?

They’re a digital marketing firm helping with our employer branding initiatives, as well as promoting our company and award-winning clients.

They’re an extension of our team, with a half-dozen people working on and off on our account. They help put our editorial calendar together (usually 6–8 months in advance), and we combine their ideas on trending content with our clients’ stated editorial goals. Markitors then runs with that plan.

They also lead on keyword research, evaluating what’s worked and hasn’t worked recently in gaining visibility. I’ll sometimes question the topics they choose, but they always drive the right type of traffic to us and our clients.

We work with Brett (Founder and CEO, Markitors) on brainstorming, and he has account and SEO managers, as well as content writers.

How did you come to work with Markitors?

I knew of Brett from when he got out of college and did a bus tour looking at cultures and brands with another company. We were in the same space. One of my Colleagues was getting really good results from his website, and he highly recommended that I work with Brett. He came on board – when stats with our existing web developer started tanking – and took on everything for us: web management, social media management, SEO.

I did look at two other companies that were on one of our best places to work list, and I’ve worked with one other firm in the past. However, agencies can sometimes bog the process down and move slowly, which is why I wanted to go with Brett’s team. Together, we felt like one big company but were able to move really quickly.

The other thing I’ve been looking at in the past year is doing a brand refresh of our logo, website, and marketing collateral. I went to another highly respected company in our community to evaluate how things were looking at our end. They said that Markitors was doing phenomenal and that we should stay where we were – not that we were looking to change. They said everything they were doing on social media, SEO, blogging, and content was phenomenal.

We’ve spent $50,000–$100,000 so far with them.

We’ve been working together since December 2016.

We have a unique and innovative model focused on regional branding, rather than national branding. Sometimes, our clients’ profiles on our site come up in search results before their own site. Our small, niche, regional site often drives more traffic to clients' career portal than our clients' LinkedIn and Glassdoor profiles.

Additionally, their comprehensive ROI reporting has helped us retain, renew, and update clients. I’m looking to double my client-base this year, and if we succeed, it will be because of the ROI story and messaging Markitors has created for us.

How did Markitors perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re the best I’ve seen. We use a Google doc for our editorial calendar and email with statistics for the monthly reports. We’ll also have conference calls, as well as get 2–3 times a year. They provide weekly reports and updates, as well as formal monthly reports monthly on deliverables and ROI.

They seem to be experts in this space of organic traffic generation and increasing brand awareness, and SEO.

Right now, I can’t think of one thing. Maybe they could take over management of our website but that’s not what they do. Brett knows how to do it, but that’s not what the company does. Focusing on their niche is what makes them good. They’re not trying to do all things for all people.

View them as an extension of your team and a part of your family. It’ll help create a really good relationship.

Digital Marketing & Rebranding for Recruiting Firm

"Our organization now has a firmer grasp of marketing and [they've] helped build our internal marketing team."

Jan. 2015 - Ongoing

After orchestrating a complete rebrand, Markitors provides marketing services for a recruiting firm. In addition to SEO/PPC services, they also assisted in the transition of marketing management to an in-house team.

Tempe, Arizona
General Manager, TruPath

Their marketing efforts generate 75% of all new business. A direct, no-nonsense management approach results in effective solutions. They’re highly collaborative, and work to provide a clear understanding of marketing fundamentals.

Respondent 1: TruPath is a professional recruiting firm. We recruit professional services for direct hire across the country and also supply contract-to-hire projects within the state of Arizona.

What challenge were you trying to address with Markitors?

Respondent 1: We had been in business for 13 years, and the company had undergone enough changes that we felt it was time for a rebrand.

Respondent 1: We initially hired Markitors in a professional guidance capacity, but they ended up executing nearly the entire project. First and foremost, they redesigned our logo and website. They provide search engine optimization and manage our pay-per-click campaigns.

Respondent 2: We had no social media presence, so Markitors established profiles across multiple platforms, as well as blogs. We now manage these accounts in-house, but they continue to provide strategic ideas.

Respondent 1: They've also conducted email marketing for us in the past.

Respondent 2: Initially, Brett [Farmiloe, CEO, Markitors] was our primary point of contact, but we’ve been introduced to other team members as his business has grown.

Respondent 3: We work closely with Emily [Lierle, Digital Marketing Manager, Markitors], Hara [Kumar, Technology, Markitors] and Jason [Carr, Director of Client Services, Markitors], and we all get along very well.

How did you come to work with Markitors?

Respondent 1: I interviewed three different companies prior to selecting Markitors, but they seemed out of touch and incapable of working with a small company. Having worked with Brett in a previous job, I decided to contact Markitors, and I felt we could trust them to guide us through the marketing process.

Respondent 1: We’ve invested around $100,000.

Respondent 1: We officially launched the TruPath brand and website in January 2015 and our relationship is ongoing.

Respondent 1: Approximately 75% of all new business over the last three years is the direct result of marketing. While Markitors previously handled all marketing aspects, they helped us internalize the management process a year ago, so I like to think this success is a sign of our effective partnership.

How did Markitors perform from a project management standpoint?

Respondent 3: Brett is extremely responsive, collaborative, and supportive. His creativity has made him a reliable partner over the years, ensuring we stay up to date.

Respondent 1: He has a personable approach in terms of customer service. He prefers to conduct business in person, which we like as well. If we're emailing back and forth too often, he'll pick up the phone to communicate that information directly.

Respondent 1: Brett is very responsive. Any large project has its issues, and he’s always able to explain any questions we have. He doesn’t get defensive; he addresses the issue and finds a solution. That's a really favorable quality.

Respondent 2: Brett is a great teacher. Our organization now has a firmer grasp of marketing and he's helped build our internal marketing team.

Respondent 1: When we started, everyone at TruPath had differing conceptions of the project. Markitors didn’t simply come in with a rote solution. They did a great job of working with our leadership team, challenging expectations, and ultimately got all of us on the same page.

Respondent 1: When they create marketing content for us, we'd like to see a detailed schedule for coming back and revisiting that content to determine its continued relevancy.

Respondent 1: They truly value input, so it’s helpful to be honest – or even abrupt – in your communications. Brett doesn’t like dancing around an issue. He prefers to get to the core of the problem and solve it.

Markitors relies on a collaborative approach. They may not be the best fit for clients who are unwilling to engage in the project.

We've already recommended them.

SEO & Content Marketing for Executive Search Firm

"With the ROI, we can't afford not to be working with Markitors."

Mar. 2012 - Ongoing

Markitors built a website and organized the marketing campaign to increase brand recognition and lead generation. SEO, podcast editing, and content creation and distribution support conversion growth.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Brian Mohr
Co-Founder, Y Scouts

Last month’s 61,000 visitors demonstrate steady organic traffic growth over 6-year period. Lead generation averages 10 per month and equates to 20x ROI. Key phrases rank at or near top search results. Long-term oriented partnership produces innovative custom solutions.

I am president and co-founder of Y Scouts, which is an executive search firm for companies with purpose-based leadership hiring philosophies.

What challenge were you trying to address with Markitors?

My relationship with Brett Farmiloe [Founder, Markitors] pre-dated our company launch in 2012. My co-founder and I asked him to conduct business research prior to our launch. His team validated our ability to do purpose-based leadership searches in a competitive market. Since the launch, his company has handled our marketing needs.

Brett first built our website and then did the original outreach and marketing campaign to raise brand awareness. His team leveraged SEO to drive organic traffic and generate revenue. More recently, their services have focused on SEO and content creation and distribution.

Abby [Digital Marketing Manager, Markitors] does guest research for my podcast show. The team edits the audio and uploads the intro and outro music. They distribute it on iTunes and Podbean.

The company has grown since our launch. Brett has approximately 12 employees including Abby, who is our current main point of contact. However, I’m able to Skype Brett anytime because of our long-standing relationship.

How did you come to work with Markitors?

I chose Brett because we’d been friends since 2005. I prefer to do business with people that I have a relationship with and can trust.

We spend $40,000 - $50,000 per year.

Work started March 2012 and is on-going.

Lead generation is steady and lucrative. We average 10 leads a month that equate to 20x ROI. We had 61,000 website visits last month, which represents a gradual build in organic traffic. We’re very proud of our organic numbers. Our key phrases rank near the number 1 spot; this is an impressive accomplishment for a young company in the executive search industry.

Qualitatively, I love the content creation and branding. Their podcast support also helps solidify our brand and boost lead generation.

How did Markitors perform from a project management standpoint?

Abby and Brett are incredibly responsive. I email or text on time sensitives matters. I always hear back promptly.

They work as partners with a willingness to co-create and collaborate. The team continues to bring a fresh perspective to our industry that has resulted in innovative solutions. They’re not afraid to be honest, either.

We need more help understanding the social channels that we are leveraging for content distribution. I’d like clearer picture on which ones matter most to our target audience. Next steps should include next level analytics on what’s driving the highest value conversions.

Treat Brett and his team as partners, not vendors. Give them clear guidelines and then let them generate new and alternative ideas. Digital marketing thrives in long-term partnerships with effective communication and understanding between parties. Do not look for short-term solutions in these projects.

They’re great at keeping me accountable to deadlines.
    With the ROI, we can't afford not to be working with Markitors.
    Their responsiveness is exactly what I need to feel really good about the relationship.
    I've made more recommendations to Brett than any other partner we work with.