#1 SEO Company For Small Business

Markitors connects small businesses with clients and customers...and has a great time doing it.

We are an SEO company for small business. If you Google "digital marketing company," you'll find Markitors on the 1st page of search results.

We know our stuff, and nothing makes us happier than moving small businesses forward online.

Scottsdale, AZ
  • 7343 E Scottsdale Mall, Suite 3001
    Scottsdale, AZ 85251

Small Businesses, Family Owned Businesses, & Small Teams within large companies.

0 to 75,000 organic search visits per month

Markitors took Y Scouts, an executive search firm, from 0 to 75,000 organic search visits per month through SEO services.

This service included content creation, link building, and Technical SEO.

The end result was a sustainable inflow of leads that helped propel Y Scouts to a nationally known executive search firm.

SEO & PPC for Business Psychology Provider

“We really appreciated the level of commitment and foresight that they demonstrated in becoming true partners with us.”

Jun. 2018 - Dec. 2019

Markitors provided organic SEO and paid search advertising strategy and execution to a psychometric testing and tools brand, helping them to increase their digital presence and strengthen their brand identity.

Woody Selick
Director of Product Innovation, The Myers-Briggs Company

The quality of work was excellent, helping to boost traffic and create significant ROI on paid add efforts. The Markitors team demonstrated significant expertise in the field as well as a commitment to the long-term project, developing industry knowledge to provide the most accurate recommendations.

I work for the Myers-Briggs company based in Sunnyvale, California. We focus on psychometric assessments, HR tools, and personal/professional development tools for individuals, and my role is the director of product innovation and strategy.

What challenge were you trying to address with Markitors?

We were trying to reevaluate how we were going to market and build awareness around our brand and products. We realized we needed expertise and extra hands to help us take advantage of newer digital channels.

They primarily focused on SEO and paid search. That started with site audits conducted from an SEO perspective and then moved into keyword targeting, link building, content definition, and other SEO related activities. They also helped with measuring results on the backend to help us tailor our strategy to what was working and what wasn’t.

In terms of paid search, they primarily focused on ways to help us compete on Google and Bing, including competitive play so that we would show up in some of our competitors' search words as well.

Over the course of our engagement, we worked with a few different people. We started out with just the owner and founder, and over time the team grew around him and we worked with those people as well. In total, there were around three individuals partnering with us.

How did you come to work with Markitors?

They were referred to us by someone else in the industry, and we were really impressed by their knowledge and enthusiasm from the start. They brought some really solid suggestions to the table without having to be prompted, so we decided to move forward with them.

In total, we spent about $40,000–$50,000.

The partnership ran from around June 2018–December 2019.

Our work with them was very successful. We had them come in and do a technical site audit and make some initial changes which resulted in almost immediate benefits. They shared everything in the form of the weekly report, which became monthly reports as they took on more responsibility.

In those reports, we saw really great improvement in pretty much all of our performance metrics, including bounce rate, time on site, paid performance, and things like that. We also saw a great ROI on our paid search investment, earning close to 250% of what we put in.

How did Markitors perform from a project management standpoint?

Depending on where we were in the project, we had a different point of contact on their side, but generally speaking the management and communication from them was very good. They delivered the reports over Google Docs, but we primarily communicated over phone or email, just because there wasn’t a tremendous need for hands-on management in the project.

They are really knowledgeable about what they do and worked hard to become experts in our industry so that their suggestions were relevant to what was going on in the market around us. We really appreciated the level of commitment and foresight that they demonstrated in becoming true partners with us.

In addition to that, even though we had a pre-defined contract for services and an SOW in place, they were very flexible in trying to figure out what would be the most impactful service at any given time. Depending on the results we were seeing in any given month, they would sometimes suggest other things we could do that didn’t fall within the scope of the engagement but were still very relevant to helping us develop the digital footprint we wanted in the end.

One thing we realized when we transitioned to the full-service shop was that there were some technical issues in the site that may have been skewing our data in terms of our performance.

In retrospect, we maybe didn’t get quite enough technical management to make sure that everything was set up optimally in the first place. That was really the only thing that could have been better in our work with them, and we are hoping to work with them again in the future.

Just be really clear up front what your business goals are so that everyone is on the same page about what you are trying to accomplish with the project. And exercise patience, because SEO is not a quick process no matter who you are working with.

Digital Marketing Services for Executive Recruitment Agency

"They’re constantly evolving their approach."

Feb. 2018 - Ongoing

Markitors provided digital marketing services to the client including SEO, WordPress website development, and social media management for LinkedIn and Facebook.

Phoenix, Arizona
Jon Schneider
President, Recruiterie

As a result of Markitors’ work, the client saw an increase in quality leads. They’re focused on continuous improvement and are very communicative. Customers can expect a proactive and innovative team.

I’m the president and founder of an executive search firm. We work with organizations across the country to fill leadership roles.

What challenge were you trying to address with Markitors?

We’re in an incredibly competitive industry. Markitors had helped others in the industry make a name for themselves and better position their companies. We wanted to find ways to stand out from the competition.

I work with them on SEO, social media, and website development. They built my website in WordPress and continue to maintain it. We have blogging capabilities so I can regularly post relevant articles. For SEO, I had a list of some keywords I wanted to target, but they expanded upon that and made recommendations. Our social media is predominantly LinkedIn with some Facebook. We collaborate on what content to share.

I have one primary point of contact. I’ve also worked with Brett (CEO) and Danielle (Technical SEO Manager).

How did you come to work with Markitors?

Their track record of success with other companies in my industry and reputation made me want to work with them.

We’ve spent between $50,000-$60,000.

We began our ongoing engagement with them in February 2018.

The main metrics I look at are quality leads, and those have gone up since we started working with them.

How did Markitors perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re highly communicative. I get an email every Monday and Friday where they ask for feedback and recommendations. I have no issues with them.

They’re always looking to improve themselves as a resource. Every month or so, they come to me with new ideas for how to grow my business. They’re constantly evolving their approach.

I’m satisfied with what they’re doing. I don’t know if there are any specific areas for improvement.

I would challenge them by asking them what sets them apart from other digital marketing organizations. They focus more on small to medium-sized businesses. It’s more of a partnership than a digital marketing engagement.

SEO & Marketing for Legal Cannabis Company

"The open lines of communication are my favorite part about working together."

Aug. 2019 - Ongoing

Markitors provides ongoing SEO and digital marketing support. They work on content creation and PR efforts, including putting together content calendars and using various performance tracking tools.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Megan Chiamos
365 Cannabis, Marketing Manager

The support from Markitors has contributed to a 400% growth in search impressions for the client, along with an increase in backlinks. Their team shines in project management, sending regular updates and maintaining availability to answer questions or solve issues.

I’m the marketing manager for 365 Cannabis.

What challenge were you trying to address with Markitors?

For the most part, we didn’t have any digital marketing footprint. After going through a big revamp of our website, we knew we needed SEO support so we hired them.

There are three different buckets of work they do for us: content creation, SEO, and PR. They use Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and Moz to track and implement different efforts. For content creation, they give us a content calendar with pieces our team needs to write and they then handle the editing.

A few different people work with us, including their CEO, marketing manager, and their technical SEO director. Between 3–5 people assist us at any time.

How did you come to work with Markitors?

I found them on Google after looking up the best SEO companies, and they were in the first page of search results. I figured if they were a small business capable of being on the first page of Google, they could help other small businesses do the same.

We’ve spent around $15,000, so far.

We started working together in August 2019 and our engagement is ongoing.

In the last six months, we’ve seen our search impressions go up by almost 400%, which is the biggest gain we’ve seen, so far. They’ve helped us secure over 30 different backlinks to our website, too.

How did Markitors perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management is top-notch—they’re really good communicators. Every week, they send up an update on the scope of work they’ve completed, including anything from 404 errors to content calendars. Monthly, they send us a big overview report of how our Google Analytics looks and what Google Search Console is reporting.

The open lines of communication are my favorite part about working together. Even if something doesn’t fall into their scope of work that we’re curious about, they’re more than willing to share their knowledge. They’re really good teachers and are willing to help us out.

There’s nothing I can think of for them to improve.

Make sure your team is prepared. If your team isn’t prepared to meet their deadlines, you’re not going to get as much out of the partnership as you’d like.

Web Dev & SEO for Historic Bed & Breakfast

"The quality of their work and the speed at which they make things happen has been impressive."

June 2019 - Ongoing

Markitors audited and streamlined a historic bed and breakfast business's website to be SEO-friendly. The team also generated blog content and made design tweaks to improve the client's digital presence.

Lakemont
Joshua Addis

Markitors' work positively impacted the client's domain authority. The client has also seen their digital presence improve in other ways, thanks to their support. The communicative team proved to be easy to work with, as they delivered in a timely manner. Their speed and quality were both top-notch.

We are an historic bed and breakfast, farm-to-table restaurant, and event venue. I am the general manager and am part of a team that handles our marketing and special events planning.

For what projects/services did your company hire Markitors?

Website SEO optimization, periodic blogs, and other online marketing tools.

To optimize our online presence and competitiveness in order to boost sales.

After reviewing several vendors who offer similar services, we chose Markitors due to their apparent expertise and communication skills.

They handle our search engine optimization and other services (blogs, website updates) related to increasing our online marketing presence.

I am not sure how many people are involved with maintain our account, but we have had consistent service with the president of the company and another member of their team.

While our relationship with Markitors hasn't been very long, we have seen a positive result in terms of our domain authority and other indicators of online marketing success.

They are easy to work with and work with our in-house marketing team to better market our company.

Communication. They are timely and seem to put forth their best efforts in addressing our concerns and needs.

The quality of their work and the speed at which they make things happen has been impressive. We initially had issues with their not fully understanding our property and area, but when approached with this concern, they reorganized their efforts and team and have delivered better blogs and other materials.

I have seen the same services offered for less, but as we all know "you get what you pay for"

SEO for Beauty Agency

"I don’t just feel like a client; they actually care about what they’re doing."

Oct. 2018 - Ongoing

Markitors provides SEO services including content creation. Monthly discussions help set long-term plans.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Vanessa Hurlsburt
CEO, The Lash Professional

Sales and customer engagement have doubled since Markitors came on board, and they’ve been flexible in the face of the Coronavirus pandemic. Providing regular communication and personable services, Markitors has become a committed partner. Customers can expect a hardworking partner.

I’m the CEO of The Lash Professional.

What challenge were you trying to address with Markitors?

I have an e-commerce business where I sell lash extension products to salons and individual lash artists all over the United States and Canada. I also teach courses online and in-person. I hired Markitors because I do a lot of research on digital marketing. SEO is extremely important and I think a lot of my competitors really undervalue it, so I was looking for a company that I felt connected and cared for me.

It started by me explaining my business, and we came up with ideas about what was important to focus on for SEO. A lot of time went into creating content that my consumers want and links that were valuable. We talk at least once a week but we really sit down and go into depth about our plans for the future at least once a month.

I’ve worked closely with five people, but I interact day-to-day with two people.

How did you come to work with Markitors?

I came across them because they’re very close to my headquarters. I’d worked for a big marketing firm in Scottsdale, Arizona but they weren’t as connected to my home. I just really connected with Markitors. I’m not just another client for them. Or, if I am, then they don’t make me feel like it.

I’ve spent around $50,000.

We’ve been working together since October 2018.

They send me a monthly report, and I can say that almost every single month we see growth. And the months where we don’t see it are because my industry can be slower at certain times. SEO is a long-term play, and I’m constantly building momentum. I stay with Markitors not just because I like them as individuals but also because they’re working hard to achieve my goals.

In the last year and a half, we’ve probably come to close to doubling sales because of their SEO. Our phones are growing and we have to try hard to keep up with our emails.

How did Markitors perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re great with deadlines and communication. I’m a little difficult to work with because I set very high expectations for myself, so that trickles down to everyone else. They go above and beyond to show me that they’re listening.

The owner is wonderful and very involved. For example, with the virus going on it’s really affected my industry, and he’s reached out to me to say that they were going to give me a complimentary month of SEO services. He showed me that we were in this together. I don’t just feel like a client; they actually care about what they’re doing.

Another thing is that I can communicate with them. A lot of big digital marketing firms will get back to you by the end of the day or the next day, but I get right-away communication from Markitors.

My only complaint is growth. Because they do such a wonderful job they’re growing rapidly, and I know, as a business owner, that it can be hard and stressful to keep up with that. I’m happy that they’re growing — they deserve it — but sometimes I feel they need more help.

Come to the first meeting prepared and know what results you want. They’re not mind-readers, and people mostly come in without feedback asking for a company to blindly make them money. Be able to vocalize what you want so Markitors has a fighting chance.

Overall Score I honestly have no complaints and feel blessed that I found them.
    Everything is on time and done correctly. I never have to step in.
    They’re super competitive. I’ve spent both less and more with other vendors before.
    Everything has been perfect and great. All the content they’ve provided me with has been wonderful and timely.
    I’ve recommended them to many friends who are business owners as well.

SEO & Digital Marketing for Adoption Agency

"Markitors seemed to value the work that we were doing rather than just want to put us in the top spot."

Feb. 2017 - Ongoing

Markitors provides ongoing SEO, content creation, social media marketing services. They also do website maintenance, keeping information up to date on services and team members.

Round Rouck, Texas

Evaluating marketing channel effectiveness consistently, Markitors executes a value-driven marketing strategy in a highly competitive industry. Their streamlined communication system facilitates easy comprehension of key metrics. Customers can expect an invested and understanding partner.

We are an adoption agency that serves expectant parents and birth mothers, and then we also work with adoptive parents in almost every state. We're a nonprofit organization underneath the umbrella of a larger organization. My position at the agency is the program director.

What challenge were you trying to address with Markitors?

We're a relatively new agency that opened in September of 2016. I'm a social worker, so I don't have a background in all of the marketing stuff. As I was developing the agency, our website developer said we really needed to have somebody work on our SEO so that we wouldn’t show up on the millionth page of Google.

When we initially started, he was doing four SEO blog posts per month, two Facebook and Instagram posts per week, as well as Facebook ad campaigns, though we don’t do those anymore. They also managed our Google AdWords account and Ad Grants account in the beginning, but we’ve since done away with those because they weren’t producing. That wasn’t their fault though, because the cost per click is capped at $2 with Ad Grants and all the stuff we're going for is more than that.

They also make minor tweaks on our website as needed, but since our website is pretty new they haven't done any massive overhauls. If we want to add or subtract information, or we have new employees we want to add, they handle those content updates.

That’s fluctuated and changed over time, and, I believe, Brett has readjusted how they're structured over the years. For the last year or so, it's been pretty consistent though. I don't work directly with Brett anymore; I work with somebody named Nikitha (Director of Client Services, Markitors), who’s my main point of contact. Underneath her, or maybe her colleagues, are a social media person and a blog content person, but I don’t talk to them. They just give their stuff to Nikitha and Nikitha emails it to me for approval.

How did you come to work with Markitors?

Our website vendor’s price was out of our range, so I Googled “digital marketing,” and Markitors was the very first one to show up. I reached out and spoke to Brett (Founder and CEO, Markitors), but we weren't ready at first to commit to paying for the service. I had to convince my executive director of Brett’s value. He was super easy to work with and followed up with me without being too pushy. Once we opened and got the agency going, we did end up hiring Brett, and he and his team have been helping us these past three years.

We hired somebody local for a couple of months before I reached out to Brett, but I just wasn't feeling the love from them. Markitors seemed to value the work that we were doing rather than just wanting to put us in the top spot.

Additionally, the other group that we only worked with for a little bit was using all of these keywords that targeted the wrong part of our audience. We want to attract both adoptive parents and expectant mothers, and, almost any day, we’ll have more than 10 adoptive parents reach out to us without advertising. This other firm only targeted the adoptive parents, rather than the expectant mothers, who are much harder to connect with. They weren’t getting us the right kind of traffic. Brett was very in tune with what we needed and who our target audience was. And I really appreciated that about him.

At first, we were paying them $1,000 a month and then, as we've added some things, it went up to $1,500, at one point and now it's up to $1,950. The total is in the range of $25,000–$50,000.

We’ve been working together since February 2017.

This is probably true for any business, but adoption is a very cutthroat and competitive area. There's always, like I said, a plethora of adoptive parents but never enough moms who want to place their babies for adoption. As an example, the cost per click for “I want to give my baby up for adoption” is about $18, and it's a very, very hard to predict what expectant mothers will be Googling for.

We’re only three years old and our attorney recently told us that, based on our last fiscal year, we might be the largest agency in our state, and he works with a lot of adoption agencies. I attribute that to a lot of things, but very, very much so the long-term work that Markitors has done on our site.

How did Markitors perform from a project management standpoint?

I'd give them a 10 out of 10. Right now, they're functioning very well, but back in the day, I wasn't happy with some of the blog posts. I couldn’t get behind whoever the person was who was writing our blogs, but that person is no longer with them, and dealing with Nikitha directly, mostly through email, has been excellent.

She emails me an overview of what they did for us each week, as well as a more-detailed monthly summary of traffic on the site. It shows us if we went up or down, and if it went down, here's why we think it did and what we're doing to fix it. She's in perfect contact with me.

This system has worked out really well. Every once in awhile, there'll be a blog post that might be on a controversial topic, like abortion for example, since we do adoption. And so, they'll ask me if I want to have a call with the person writing it, and I sometimes will. They're more than happy to set up a call and do all that stuff. In fact, I'm usually the one not getting back to them with approvals, so they're hounding me about it. We have no complaints.

Nothing that stands out to me in a big way. Sometimes I wish—and this isn't really the scope of their work—that they would give us more suggestions. They could say something like “Hey, have you guys thought about getting more active on Google My Business?" Again, those kinds of suggestions aren’t in their scope of service, but I would love to hear more ideas.

Build a relationship with Brett because I think he's the foundation of having a relationship with them even though he's not part of the day-to-day work. I feel confident in their services because I have confidence in him.

SEO & Digital Marketing for Advertising Company

"They seem to be experts in this space of organic traffic generation and increasing brand awareness..."

Dec. 2016 - Ongoing

Markitors provides ongoing digital marketing services including social media management and SEO. They also manage content creation through a shared editorial calendar that balances stakeholder priorities.

Phoenix, Arizona
Denise Gredler
Founder & CEO, BestCompaniesAz

The website has begun performing on-par with national competitors thanks to Markitors work. Further, their robust ROI tracking and reporting has set new standards for future growth. Customers can expect a knowledgeable partner that is forthcoming with their skills and expertise.

I’m the founder and owner of BestCompaniesAz. We’re an award, promotion, and employer branding firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with Markitors?

They’re a digital marketing firm helping with our employer branding initiatives, as well as promoting our company and award-winning clients.

They’re an extension of our team, with a half-dozen people working on and off on our account. They help put our editorial calendar together (usually 6–8 months in advance), and we combine their ideas on trending content with our clients’ stated editorial goals. Markitors then runs with that plan.

They also lead on keyword research, evaluating what’s worked and hasn’t worked recently in gaining visibility. I’ll sometimes question the topics they choose, but they always drive the right type of traffic to us and our clients.

We work with Brett (Founder and CEO, Markitors) on brainstorming, and he has account and SEO managers, as well as content writers.

How did you come to work with Markitors?

I knew of Brett from when he got out of college and did a bus tour looking at cultures and brands with another company. We were in the same space. One of my Colleagues was getting really good results from his website, and he highly recommended that I work with Brett. He came on board – when stats with our existing web developer started tanking – and took on everything for us: web management, social media management, SEO.

I did look at two other companies that were on one of our best places to work list, and I’ve worked with one other firm in the past. However, agencies can sometimes bog the process down and move slowly, which is why I wanted to go with Brett’s team. Together, we felt like one big company but were able to move really quickly.

The other thing I’ve been looking at in the past year is doing a brand refresh of our logo, website, and marketing collateral. I went to another highly respected company in our community to evaluate how things were looking at our end. They said that Markitors was doing phenomenal and that we should stay where we were – not that we were looking to change. They said everything they were doing on social media, SEO, blogging, and content was phenomenal.

We’ve spent $50,000–$100,000 so far with them.

We’ve been working together since December 2016.

We have a unique and innovative model focused on regional branding, rather than national branding. Sometimes, our clients’ profiles on our site come up in search results before their own site. Our small, niche, regional site often drives more traffic to clients' career portal than our clients' LinkedIn and Glassdoor profiles.

Additionally, their comprehensive ROI reporting has helped us retain, renew, and update clients. I’m looking to double my client-base this year, and if we succeed, it will be because of the ROI story and messaging Markitors has created for us.

How did Markitors perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re the best I’ve seen. We use a Google doc for our editorial calendar and email with statistics for the monthly reports. We’ll also have conference calls, as well as get 2–3 times a year. They provide weekly reports and updates, as well as formal monthly reports monthly on deliverables and ROI.

They seem to be experts in this space of organic traffic generation and increasing brand awareness, and SEO.

Right now, I can’t think of one thing. Maybe they could take over management of our website but that’s not what they do. Brett knows how to do it, but that’s not what the company does. Focusing on their niche is what makes them good. They’re not trying to do all things for all people.

View them as an extension of your team and a part of your family. It’ll help create a really good relationship.

Digital Marketing & Rebranding for Recruiting Firm

"Our organization now has a firmer grasp of marketing and [they've] helped build our internal marketing team."

Jan. 2015 - Ongoing

After orchestrating a complete rebrand, Markitors provides marketing services for a recruiting firm. In addition to SEO/PPC services, they also assisted in the transition of marketing management to an in-house team.

Tempe, Arizona
General Manager, TruPath

Their marketing efforts generate 75% of all new business. A direct, no-nonsense management approach results in effective solutions. They’re highly collaborative, and work to provide a clear understanding of marketing fundamentals.

Respondent 1: TruPath is a professional recruiting firm. We recruit professional services for direct hire across the country and also supply contract-to-hire projects within the state of Arizona.

What challenge were you trying to address with Markitors?

Respondent 1: We had been in business for 13 years, and the company had undergone enough changes that we felt it was time for a rebrand.

Respondent 1: We initially hired Markitors in a professional guidance capacity, but they ended up executing nearly the entire project. First and foremost, they redesigned our logo and website. They provide search engine optimization and manage our pay-per-click campaigns.

Respondent 2: We had no social media presence, so Markitors established profiles across multiple platforms, as well as blogs. We now manage these accounts in-house, but they continue to provide strategic ideas.

Respondent 1: They've also conducted email marketing for us in the past.

Respondent 2: Initially, Brett [Farmiloe, CEO, Markitors] was our primary point of contact, but we’ve been introduced to other team members as his business has grown.

Respondent 3: We work closely with Emily [Lierle, Digital Marketing Manager, Markitors], Hara [Kumar, Technology, Markitors] and Jason [Carr, Director of Client Services, Markitors], and we all get along very well.

How did you come to work with Markitors?

Respondent 1: I interviewed three different companies prior to selecting Markitors, but they seemed out of touch and incapable of working with a small company. Having worked with Brett in a previous job, I decided to contact Markitors, and I felt we could trust them to guide us through the marketing process.

Respondent 1: We’ve invested around $100,000.

Respondent 1: We officially launched the TruPath brand and website in January 2015 and our relationship is ongoing.

Respondent 1: Approximately 75% of all new business over the last three years is the direct result of marketing. While Markitors previously handled all marketing aspects, they helped us internalize the management process a year ago, so I like to think this success is a sign of our effective partnership.

How did Markitors perform from a project management standpoint?

Respondent 3: Brett is extremely responsive, collaborative, and supportive. His creativity has made him a reliable partner over the years, ensuring we stay up to date.

Respondent 1: He has a personable approach in terms of customer service. He prefers to conduct business in person, which we like as well. If we're emailing back and forth too often, he'll pick up the phone to communicate that information directly.

Respondent 1: Brett is very responsive. Any large project has its issues, and he’s always able to explain any questions we have. He doesn’t get defensive; he addresses the issue and finds a solution. That's a really favorable quality.

Respondent 2: Brett is a great teacher. Our organization now has a firmer grasp of marketing and he's helped build our internal marketing team.

Respondent 1: When we started, everyone at TruPath had differing conceptions of the project. Markitors didn’t simply come in with a rote solution. They did a great job of working with our leadership team, challenging expectations, and ultimately got all of us on the same page.

Respondent 1: When they create marketing content for us, we'd like to see a detailed schedule for coming back and revisiting that content to determine its continued relevancy.

Respondent 1: They truly value input, so it’s helpful to be honest – or even abrupt – in your communications. Brett doesn’t like dancing around an issue. He prefers to get to the core of the problem and solve it.

Markitors relies on a collaborative approach. They may not be the best fit for clients who are unwilling to engage in the project.

We've already recommended them.

SEO & Content Marketing for Executive Search Firm

"With the ROI, we can't afford not to be working with Markitors."

Mar. 2012 - Ongoing

Markitors built a website and organized the marketing campaign to increase brand recognition and lead generation. SEO, podcast editing, and content creation and distribution support conversion growth.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Brian Mohr
Co-Founder, Y Scouts

Last month’s 61,000 visitors demonstrate steady organic traffic growth over 6-year period. Lead generation averages 10 per month and equates to 20x ROI. Key phrases rank at or near top search results. Long-term oriented partnership produces innovative custom solutions.

I am president and co-founder of Y Scouts, which is an executive search firm for companies with purpose-based leadership hiring philosophies.

What challenge were you trying to address with Markitors?

My relationship with Brett Farmiloe [Founder, Markitors] pre-dated our company launch in 2012. My co-founder and I asked him to conduct business research prior to our launch. His team validated our ability to do purpose-based leadership searches in a competitive market. Since the launch, his company has handled our marketing needs.

Brett first built our website and then did the original outreach and marketing campaign to raise brand awareness. His team leveraged SEO to drive organic traffic and generate revenue. More recently, their services have focused on SEO and content creation and distribution.

Abby [Digital Marketing Manager, Markitors] does guest research for my podcast show. The team edits the audio and uploads the intro and outro music. They distribute it on iTunes and Podbean.

The company has grown since our launch. Brett has approximately 12 employees including Abby, who is our current main point of contact. However, I’m able to Skype Brett anytime because of our long-standing relationship.

How did you come to work with Markitors?

I chose Brett because we’d been friends since 2005. I prefer to do business with people that I have a relationship with and can trust.

We spend $40,000 - $50,000 per year.

Work started March 2012 and is on-going.

Lead generation is steady and lucrative. We average 10 leads a month that equate to 20x ROI. We had 61,000 website visits last month, which represents a gradual build in organic traffic. We’re very proud of our organic numbers. Our key phrases rank near the number 1 spot; this is an impressive accomplishment for a young company in the executive search industry.

Qualitatively, I love the content creation and branding. Their podcast support also helps solidify our brand and boost lead generation.

How did Markitors perform from a project management standpoint?

Abby and Brett are incredibly responsive. I email or text on time sensitives matters. I always hear back promptly.

They work as partners with a willingness to co-create and collaborate. The team continues to bring a fresh perspective to our industry that has resulted in innovative solutions. They’re not afraid to be honest, either.

We need more help understanding the social channels that we are leveraging for content distribution. I’d like clearer picture on which ones matter most to our target audience. Next steps should include next level analytics on what’s driving the highest value conversions.

Treat Brett and his team as partners, not vendors. Give them clear guidelines and then let them generate new and alternative ideas. Digital marketing thrives in long-term partnerships with effective communication and understanding between parties. Do not look for short-term solutions in these projects.

They’re great at keeping me accountable to deadlines.
    With the ROI, we can't afford not to be working with Markitors.
    Their responsiveness is exactly what I need to feel really good about the relationship.
    I've made more recommendations to Brett than any other partner we work with.

SEO Campaign for Self-Publishing Company

"They're true experts in their field with outstanding customer service."

Feb. 2019 - Ongoing

In an ongoing collaboration, Markitors provides SEO efforts for a self-publishing company.

Columbus, Ohio
President, Gatekeeper Press

Markitors' work has helped increase the target to the site. They provide outstanding work and know exactly what they are doing. The team is very customer-friendly and they remain professional throughout the collaboration.

I am the President at Gatekeeper Press, the world’s premier self-publishing service provider with the largest distribution network in the industry.

For what projects/services did your company hire Markitors?

We hired Markitors to increase organic traffic to our site.

To significantly increase organic traffic to our site.

We conducted a comprehensive search for the top SEO companies in the world. We narrowed down our field to 3-4 companies and held interviews with each. Markitors stood head and shoulders above the others.

To significantly increase organic traffic to our site.

We work with a project manager who runs a team of experts in SEO.

Targeted to our site has increased significantly. Markitors has been excellent.

Outstanding. They are professionals who know exactly what they're doing. Very efficient and streamlined.

Their professionalism and expertise. They're true experts in their field with outstanding customer service. Very customer friendly.

None. They are exceptional.

Overall Score We couldn't be happier choosing Marktiors as our partner..
    Very easy to schedule a call when needed.
    Their rates are very reasonable.
    Extremely professional and experts in their field.
    I have already referred people to Markitors.