We make brands go big.

We are a startup created by two Seattle firms: Strategic design firm, Mint, and design and engineering firm, Helpful Human. We've taken the best of both and birthed a big, hairy monster called Mammoth Factory. Memorable experiences, from discovery to post-sale support, make brands great. It brings customers and their friends back for more. We help our clients own their market by leveraging their brands.

Seattle, WA
  • 506 2nd Ave #3100
    Seattle, WA 98104

Web Development for a Coffee Shop and Distributor

"Their impact has been pretty significant. The new site is infinitely better than my previous one."

Mar. 2018 - Jul. 2018

Mammoth Factory designed and built a Shopify website, with the primary feature being a new subscription model to sell coffee online. They're also building an app for event sign-ups.

Seattle, Washington
Brendan Mullally
Owner, Elm Coffee Roasters

Subscription revenue has improved dramatically since the engagement began, while shipping costs have dropped. Mammoth Factory's understanding of both marketing technologies and the coffee market justify the investment and make them a valuable partner.

I own Elm Coffee Roasters. We’re a coffee wholesaler with two cafes in Seattle, Washington. We also sell coffee online.

What challenge were you trying to address with Mammoth Factory?

I wanted to increase our online sales, as well as improve our subscription service. I also wanted to raise the company’s visibility for potential future retail opportunities.

They started by looking at the existing Squarespace website and discussing how they could make it better. We discussed what market I'd be serving, what the best way to serve that market was, and how to increase visibility through advertising services. They decided to build the new site on the Shopify platform. They did a total redesign of the site and built it from the ground up.

Mammoth Factory also created a new subscription service based on the Amazon model. Customers receive discounts if they subscribe to a specific product. They introduced a new system where customers get a certain amount of points if they opt in to our newsletter or when they buy coffee. Then they can redeem those points for a discount. They’re also developing a mobile application to promote and schedule events, such as coffee tasting in our retail locations.

I work with Mark (founder, Mammoth Factory) and a project manager.

How did you come to work with Mammoth Factory?

Mark is a regular customer at my cafe. He approached me and asked if I wanted to increase my visibility and sales online. We get along well, so it seemed to make sense.

I spent less than $50,000.

The website project took place from March–July 2018. They’re doing ongoing upkeep of the site, and we're still working together on marketing strategies and events booking.

Even though it just launched, the revenue from subscriptions has already doubled or tripled. Our cost of goods has gone down by half because of cheaper shipping options that Shopify provides. Sign-ups to our newsletter have also doubled or tripled, which greatly increases our visibility. Their impact has been pretty significant. The new site is infinitely better than my previous one.

How did Mammoth Factory perform from a project management standpoint?

Their team is great. They're really efficient, detail-oriented, and friendly. They don't bother me with minor details, which is the way I prefer to work. They use BugHerd so I can note any time I see a problem, and they’re always right on it. Overall the work is done quickly and done well.

Even though they're not coffee people, they really get the big picture of the coffee market. Anyone can build a website and online store. However, not everybody would take the time to understand what I’m trying to do with the business and build a site around that concept.

No, I don't think so.

Have a good idea what you’re trying to achieve with your site. Be open to their suggestions and ideas, because they know what they're talking about.