Boston based website and app development team

Make Directory Developers, LLC is a complete web and application development company, offering experience in Javascript, PHP, CSS, and HTML in a client-centric development process. Whether it be nailing an aesthetic, adding on back-end development, or even troubleshooting revisions after going live, the six stages in our development process guarantee detail oriented results with each milestone, down to the final lines of code.

Our reputation is built simply on honesty and commitment, and we hold no reservations in our communication and perseverance with each customer. You will have access to our custom project management system, Make Directory Blackboard, specifically geared towards transparency, convenience, and ease-of-use. Our system builds a practical online experience for both you and your audience.

With services spanning from web and mobile development, ecommerce, design, and marketing, we can deliver exceptional services tailored to your vision. More importantly, we will ensure that you understand the maintenance processes needed for continuing future operations. The most valuable part of our relationships with clients is that we are always here for support!

Make Directory Developers
Jamaica Plain
Boston, MA 02130

Goddess Pizza

• Custom Page Designs

• Site Analytics Available

We created this website for a small locally owned and operated mobile pizza oven business allowing them to expand their menus and incorporate travel arrangements by location into their final sales price. The design is inspired by Goddess and built for functionality.

As a Full-stack design and development company, Make Directory Developers offers additional services including, however not limited to; custom designs, custom plugins, custom developed platforms, eCommerce, online ordering systems, and delivery management. In addition, we will cover any sever needs that arise; including hosting, storage, and email. We'll even help setup your domain and complete server migrations, if you ever change your hosting service....

eCommify Theme

• Homepage Call-to-Action
  • Portfolio / Gallery Page
  • Shopping Page Add-on
  • Location Map Available
  • Site Analytics Available

Make Directory’s eCommerce Design is a premium WordPress Theme with built in WooCommerce functionality. Perfect for online shops or stores with a complementary aesthetic for any existing business looking to expand. Its responsive layout resizes seamlessly and looks awesome on any device. Features include full store scalability, schedule appointments, events, or classes, built-in contact forms, multiple page layouts and designs to share your establishment with customers promoting your business and several unique pages with dynamic content.

As a Full-...

1c0.io Website

• Custom Page Designs

• PSD to WordPress

• Parallax Page Scrolling

• Site Analytics Available

Our client needed a custom design for its new website, we created a new awesome look and feel putting our plan into action. This project was completed in just 4 days! Its users now enjoy a smooth, easy to use, platform for all their needs in a single scrolling page with feature including custom contact forms and parallax page scrolling.

Hunt Equity

• Client: Equity Group
  • Date: June, 2017
  • Technology: WordPress, Custom Theme, Javascript, PHP, HTML5, CSS3

Our first client on the west coast needed to revamp their equity firm’s website. We custom designed and coded each feature such as contact forms, locational maps, animations, sliders, a newsletter sign up, and a call to action on every page all allowing this business to continue with its steady projected growth and increase their ROI from this point forward.

Finer Dining

• Reservation Booking
  • Interactive Location Map
  • Ordering & Delivery Ready
  • Mobile Application Ready
  • Site Analytics Available

Make Directory’s Finer Dining Design is a premium WordPress Theme that is stunning, powerful, and fully customizable for restaurants, pubs, cafes, and other food related services. Its responsive layout resizes seamlessly and looks awesome on any device. Features include bi-lingual support, the ability to schedule reservations, built-in contact forms, multiple page layouts and designs to share your establishment with customers promoting your business!

Exposé Galleria

• Homepage Call-to-Action
  • Portfolio / Gallery Page
  • Shopping Page Add-on
  • Location Map Available
  • Site Analytics Available

Make Directory’s Exposé Galleria Design is a premium WordPress Theme that is beautiful, powerful, and fully customizable for artists, galleries, portfolios, and other creative services. Its responsive layout resizes seamlessly and looks awesome on any device. Features include custom call-to-action sliders, social media feeds, built-in contact forms, an eCommerce shopping page addition, and multiple page designs allowing you to share your creativity with the world!

App Dev for Marketing and Advertising Agency

“To the pixel, it’s exactly how I imagined it.”

May 2017 - Ongoing

Make Directory Developers built the front and backend of an Android and iOS social media app, examining all functions to ensure high quality and good user experience. The app integrates a calendar, chat, and contacts.

Boston, Massachusetts
Jeff Freedman
Owner, Small Army

The app remains under development, with the frontend functioning perfectly, and the backend functionality still in progress. The team is diligent, thorough, and professional, offering suggestions for improvements, and working hard to ensure every detail is perfect.

I am the CEO of Small Army, which is an ad agency in Boston.

What challenge were you trying to address with Make Directory Developers?

I needed an app developed for a personal side project. I knew what I wanted and already had the general functionality and designs, but I needed developers to bring it to life.

They helped me spec out the whole app for Android and iOS. They looked at how every tiny element could work. They went through every function at a high level. They delved into the detail so they could understand exactly what needed to happen at every point and what the user experience should be. In many instances, they explained scenarios that could happen and suggested changes that would make the app better.

Right now, they’re working on the more detailed functionality. The backend isn’t functioning yet, but the frontend is working and it’s beautiful. To the pixel, it’s exactly how I imagined it. They did a really great job of paying attention to every detail and making sure the design is exactly as I wanted, as well as incorporating improvements they thought of. Even though the design is not part of their scope, they’re helping improve the graphic design of things and they added animation.

We needed to integrate our app with the calendar, chat function, and contacts. It's a social app, but it's a private social app. You can’t search for everyone and add whoever you want to your network. On this app, you have to know the people to add them. They helped me think through how that could work to keep it intuitive but still as private as we need it.

There are two guys that I work with primarily, but I don’t know how many developers work on it — I think at least two others for the coding.

How did you come to work with Make Directory Developers?

I originally worked with a group of developers in India and it was a mess. I paid them a lot and ended up having to throw out all the code.

Some other firms I spoke to were too expensive or the timeline wasn’t right. This is a personal project and so it needed to hit my own personal budget. I was introduced to one of the guys at Make Directory Developers through a friend. I met him for dinner one night and we set up a meeting. I really liked their approach. Since it was through a friend, I trusted them. He introduced me to his partner, Andrew [Head of Operations, Make Directory Developers]. They really proved that they knew what they were doing.

$25,000.

We started working together in May 2017 and the work is ongoing.

What I’ve gotten from Make Directory Developers is already a million times better than my previous developers. The first time I opened it there was almost nothing wrong with it. They really paid attention to every detail. They’re definitely putting their heart and soul into it.

How did Make Directory Developers perform from a project management standpoint?

They were diligent and were very thorough. They put a lot more time on nights and weekends because they wanted to get it back to me quickly. Even before the development phase, they made sure it was 100% thought through and were really easy to work with.

They use a project management site and put everything on there. They’re really good at communicating. They keep me abreast to where they are at in the project. If I want to meet with them in person, they’ll come to my office.

They really took the time to understand what it was I was trying to build and why. Once they understood the why, they were able to ask all the right questions. They had good intuition around what would and wouldn’t work.

I work with a ton of developers. Make Directory Developers is just as good, if not better, than anybody else we’ve dealt with.

They’re new so we’re among their first set of projects. They’re starting up a business though, they’re developers and engineers by trade, rather than business owners. I was fine with that and it’s understandable.

UI/UX for Non-Profit iOS & Android App

"They worked with me as a person, more than just as a business, and that was important for me."

Jan. - Mar. 2017

Make Directory Developers designed an iOS and Android application. The team created the color scheme, layout, and wireframes for the application, working off of provided layout sketches.

Atlanta, Georgia
Brandon Wilkes
CEO, Giveway

The final application has an aesthetically pleasing design that meets the specifications that were given to the team. Feedback for the app has been very positive. Make Directory was accessible and honest in their approach to development.

I am the CEO of GiveWay LLC. We are a non-profit tech start-up, a team of four, focusing on making generosity a part of everyday life.

What challenge were you trying to address with Make Directory Developers?

We were looking to have the design for our app done, to prepare it for launch.

Make Directory Developers provided us with app design work for iOS and Android, and also put together our user story, which goes hand-in-hand with the designing of it. They took care of the color scheme, layout, wireframes, in addition to creating the Adobe Illustrator design files for the look of our app, from start to finish. I had given them some hand-drawn sketches of what I wanted the layout of the app to look like, and Make Directory Developers worked with me to get that to a visual color layout.

I worked with Andrew [Head of Operations, Make Directory Developers] and Alex [Head of Design, Make Directory Developers].

How did you come to work with Make Directory Developers?

I found Make Directory Developers online through a search. I had compared multiple organizations, but chose Make Directory for this project, more as individuals, prior to the initial launch of their company.

We’ve spent approximately $15,000.

We started working together in January 2017, and the work was completed in March 2017.

We are very pleased with the design. The color scheme really meets the look and feel we were trying to achieve. We are a micro-funding app, so we wanted to convey a softness, but at the same time, let people see the tech side of what we are doing. They managed to capture that well, and the feedback from most of our users has been positive, especially in terms of how it looks. They were also integral in the overall user experience. In that aspect, they worked on the color layout and design and walked us through how users would interact with the app.

How did Make Directory Developers perform from a project management standpoint?

They were great. They were very accessible, approachable, and easy to reach, which was a big thing for us as this was my first foray into the tech world. On occasion, we worked together at odd hours in the evening, just to make sure things would go right. It worked out well. We mostly communicated through phone and email, as well as Skype.

Their honesty and how upfront they are is a really great attribute, and I enjoyed working with them. They worked with me as a person, more than just as a business, and that was important for me.

Overall Score It was great. They are good people to work with, which is a rare thing to find in business nowadays, so working with good people is a big plus.
    Make Directory Developers met the deadline, as well as our time needs.
    In terms of cost, they were more competitive than other organizations I had looked at.
    Their service was outstanding. I have absolutely no complaints.
    I have already referred them to others.

Web Dev, Branding and SEO for Equity Consultant

"[T]he level of communication throughout the entire process was impressive."

Mar. - Aug. 2017

Make Directory Developers served as an equity firm's full-service marketing partner. They provided logo design, web development, SEO, and email marketing consultation, and training.

Chris Hunt
Founder, Hunt Equity LLC

Clients loved the new site's polished, professional appearance, which helped the firm establish a solid reputation. Make Directory Developers distinguished themselves with their responsiveness, cost-effective pricing, and quick turnarounds.

I am the founder of Hunt Equity Group, which is a mergers and acquisition consulting venture capital incubation and private equity investing company focused in the cannabis space. We also do some things outside of legal cannabis operations as well.

What challenge were you trying to address with Make Directory Developers?

I had a website that I had made with Wix but it was really not very good. I hired them for logo and branding design and I also needed a full suite of web services including SEO, email, etc.

They did everything. I had an idea of what color scheme and layout I wanted but they put together a logo, business cards, etc. After that, they also built the website. They coached me through the process and did 90% of the work.

I worked with Alex Giavis who is their Head of Brand Development.

How did you come to work with Make Directory Developers?

They reached out to me on LinkedIn. I was planning to do something anyway, so they reached out at a good time.

I spent $5000 on their services.

We started working together around March of 2017. If I ask for changes to the site or SEO, they do it free of charge as the engagement ended in August of this year.

The site looks great and I’ve gotten feedback from people saying they like the way it looks. It brings me more credibility as a consultant. My clients go to my website, and they can see I’m legit.

How did Make Directory Developers perform from a project management standpoint?

Unbelievable. They got the work done quickly. I would get emails at 3:00 a.m. or even over the weekend. We communicated through email, phone calls, and texts. They were super communicative.

The speed at which they got things done and the level of communication throughout the entire process was impressive. They did the logo and a lot of stuff for me before I even paid them.

They were working around the clock.
    I think $5000 is a little expensive, but it was worth it. That included logo design, website, and SEO.