Making experiences that leave lasting impressions

Founded in 2011 with a collaborative spirit, Majestyk’s vision is to create a better everyday life through exceptional experiences.

As a team of passionate and innovative thinkers, we are driven to create digital products that leave lasting impressions. At our foundation is the belief that bold strategic vision is about giving your business the tools it needs to grow and thrive. Our digital solutions are crafted to achieve exceptional results that combine smart business strategy, tech savvy thinking and the ability to connect with consumers.Majestyk has served some of the world’s most emerging tech, toy, social,lifestyle, fashion, auto, pharmaceutical and hospitality brands.

New York, NY
Headquarters
  • Majestyk
    261 West 35th Street, Suite 1004
    New York, NY 10001
    (646) 694-2616

Prototype Redevelopment for Healthcare Tech Startup

"I've used technical shops before, but those guys had exorbitant rates. Majestyk is much more reasonable."

Feb. 2016 - Ongoing

Majestyk redeveloped an existing prototype in an effort to refine it before impending customer pitches. The solution itself is a comparative healthcare bidding platform focused on patient surgical services.

Washington, DC
Founder & CEO

Problem-solving comes intuitively for Majestyk's team who consistently think outside the box while striving to refine the user experience. Pricing is very competitive given the level of expertise and undivided attention they bring to bear.

I’m the founder of a healthcare technology and service company. We’ve created a price and quality bidding platform for surgical services. Patients upload their records when they need surgery, then we send this out through apps to surgeons for bundled pricing and quality metrics.

What challenge were you trying to address with Majestyk?

Another web developer made a very crude and rudimentary prototype for us, but its design and functionality needed to be sharpened up before we could really begin pitching it to our target customers: practicing surgeons.

We had a pretty good idea of the product we were looking for because we built the prototype. However, we didn’t have an idea of the design or the functionality of how it would work in an app. For the website, they did user types, who would be using it, and how we’re going to access it. They sharpened the website and its design to make it more desirable for clients to reach us. They also didn’t just build a single website; they developed multiple microsites.

They have also been working with us with this surgeons’ app. It allows them to get data on an HIPAA-protected environment, course through the data, and enter pricing and quality metrics. The app is in iOS but they are also readying it for Android. We’re at the PDS stage and about to go to development. We’re also about to develop the updated iOS app. Around 3–4 people from Majestyk worked on it with one point of contact, but it was sometimes 2–3.

How did you come to work with Majestyk?

We found Majestyk through a referral from a consultant we used to hire. They were well-vetted through the consultant, so we just went ahead with them.

How much have you invested with Majestyk?

We’ve paid $100,000 for their services.

We began working them with them early 2016. The project is ongoing.

It’s hard to determine quantitative results because we’re still in a startup stage and looking for our first client. We have test users and also surgeons who are signing up on our old prototype.

How did Majestyk perform from a project management standpoint?

What’s surprising to me is how quickly they can take a problem and come up with a solution. That’s astonishing. You don’t get back work that you need to double, triple, or quadruple check. This is not that type of company; this is a company that is many levels above that. Majestyk’s team take pride in the product that they deliver, at all phases in all stages. That makes them such a joy to work with. We don’t get code that breaks up. It’s amazing that everything seems to work well. Maybe there’s an occasional typo here and there, but it’s rare. We’ve been using InVision for the prototype.

What did you most impressive about Majestyk?

I've used a technical shop before, but those guys had exorbitant rates. Majestyk is much more reasonable, cost-conscious, and work with you. That is the beauty of working with them.

Are there any areas Majestyk could improve?

No areas for improvement based on my experience with them.

There’s always some improvement people can have. But by and part, they’ve been right on the money.
    No doubt. I would highly recommend them to anybody. They’re probably the best-kept secret around.

Web Redevelopment for Youth Day Camp

"[Their] team's fast in delivering results, and they're very specific in the documentation given to us."

Aug. 2016 - Ongoing

Majestyk's engineers are redesigning an existing website managed by a summer day camp for children. The project team is focused primarily on finalizing the scope but plans to begin dev work shortly.

Weston, Massachusetts
Dan Millman
Owner, Meadowbrook Day Camp

Communication issues haven't disrupted the project timeline or impacted the quality of end-deliverables. Assigned resources work diligently and often bring creative solutions to the table.

My organizations offers an 8-week summer camp program for children aged 3–15. I am the owner and director.

What challenge were you trying to address with Majestyk?

We recently purchased the camp, and the existing website was considerably outdated. We needed to hire people whom we could trust in order to build a great site that not only looked professional but also had a camp feel. The site needed to fulfill all of the needs the old one did and also position the camp for future growth.

Majestyk developed the backend and frontend of our site. Seriously improving the aesthetics of the site wasn’t even a question; Majestyk worked extensively on user navigation and calls-to-action for enrollment and tours. In terms of unique or proprietary functionalities, we're not there yet. The site is only in its first version.

I worked directly with Majestyk's president and with one of their designers. Other than that, I'm not sure who else may or may not have worked on our project.

How did you come to work with Majestyk?

I'd known Majestyk's owners for a number of years, so it was a no-brainer to use the company. I shopped the project to 3–4 other web firms, but the feedback and direction I received weren't as strong. I liked Majestyk's suggested approach to building our site. They visited our camp, spent a day, and learned what we were about.

How much have you invested with Majestyk?

The cost of Majestyk's work has been around $20,000.

We engaged Majestyk in August 2016. The work itself started in the fall, and we're getting close to the launch of the site.

The communication process has been very smooth on both sides, in terms of what we were looking to get out of the engagement and how we could continue it, moving forward and launching the site. Majestyk's team is fast in delivering results, and they're very specific in the documentation given to us. This has made it very easy to work with Majestyk over the last few months. Most of what we've done has been limited to brainstorming, strategizing, and documenting what needs to be done. We've also gone through a number of design sessions to finalize exactly what should be retained and what should be changed. That's another helpful aspect about Majestyk; they never hesitate to get their hands dirty with clients.

How did Majestyk perform from a project management standpoint?

We don't use any specific project tracking tools. The communication is done through email, Google Docs, and similar channels.

What did you find most impressive about Majestyk?

Majestyk is on time in terms of deliverables. In order to ensure this, they've done a good job of asking questions, and not simply placating to what we want. I was challenged in certain areas, where my requests were not the best decision from a functionality standpoint.

Are there any areas Majestyk could improve?

I would've liked to have Majestyk on-site more. We're an hour away from the city, so most of our collaboration was done over the phone and through email. It would be nice to put faces to the work more, but it wasn't a huge deal.

There's always room for improvement, and we should all strive for it.
    Or even more.
    Everything we've discussed in the beginning is being delivered, with no surprises.
    I have done it, and will continue to do so.

Server Dev for Consumer App Startup

"They've done a terrific job of working with a startup and being prepared for rapid lateral moves and pivots."

Sep. 2016 - Ongoing

Majestyk built the functional backend of a separately conceived and partially developed iOS app, which lets users create and share customizable lists.

Gabe Geltzer
Founder & CEO, Qude

Strengths include uncompromising responsiveness, a clear commitment to customer satisfaction, as well as the ability to work with startups and understand their unique challenges.

Qude is an in-development iPhone social networking application that will allow people to create and share interesting lists. Ideally, the app should answer questions like "What kind of wine should I buy?" or "What should I watch tonight?" through the posts made by friends who are movie buffs, wine connoisseurs, and so on. It's a fun, good-looking app which grabs information from Spotify, Google, IMDb, and so on, allowing users to make interesting, granular lists.

I am the founder and CEO of the company. I also act as the lead sales and marketing person.

What challenge were you trying to address with Majestyk?

My co-founder is the CTO of the company, as well as the iOS developer. We have a 3rd partner who is a designer and a complete genius. Unfortunately, he lives in Sweden, which makes collaborating difficult. We designed the app ourselves and began the iOS development. We needed help with backend development, though.

Majestyk was brought in specifically for the backend work. We were happy to limit their scope, allowing Majestyk to concentrate completely on server-side development. We had small-scale and comfortable communication with the two people from Majestyk's team who worked directly with us, including their CTO. We met in person very often in the beginning.

How did you come to work with Majestyk?

Our frontend developer and CTO was initially going to handle the backend, but he quickly realized that he was in over his head, and we needed to farm out the server development.

Majestyk initially found us after we'd put up a notice on General Assembly's bulletin board requesting a backend developer. I hand-wrote a card and put it up on their physical board, which is a very 20th-century way of finding work. Majestyk's director of business development called me a week later.

In the week between putting up the sign and receiving the call from Majestyk, I also searched my friend network and ended up interviewing a lone developer as well as a development company. I don't want to talk badly about either of them, but they were nowhere near as attractive as Majestyk.

For me, one of the draws was that Majestyk is located in New York, close to our own location. This was especially attractive given that our designer is based in Sweden. I was interested in the idea of maximum communication via Slack, as well as through in-person meetings. I talked to several companies before hiring Majestyk, but they impressed us during every interview we had, making it a no-brainer to choose the company.

After vetting the other company, I learned that it's important to choose a partner with an actual office and in-house resources. We have to be careful when hiring a partner, but Majestyk hit all the checkmarks. I was initially suspicious of the other two candidates, due to their prices: one was extremely small, while the other was enormous. Majestyk offered a good marriage of many different elements.

How much have you invested with Majestyk?

The cost of Majestyk's services has been between $13,000 and $15,000 and we still retain them for a monthly fee.

Startups will always derail deadlines, and I hate creating an arbitrary calendar. I made it clear to Majestyk that we weren't in a rat race. It was potentially a 2-month gig, but there were some elements of the scope which I was willing to leave off. The scope eventually grew, with 2- becoming 5-months. The app itself morphed as we were developing it, mostly due to basic iteration, testing, and drilling down, trying to get the coolest and most cutting-edge designs.

I won't have any illustrated stats until we've completed a working beta. We're pushing a build every week, with much of Majestyk's work being implemented. Everything seems to be working nicely at this point, including API calls. There is a way to search Google Images and Locations, for example. Majestyk's code is clean, from what I can tell.

I wouldn't say that Majestyk has had too great of a creative input in our project, but as the behind-the-scenes worker bee, they have provided a lot of clarity to certain problems that arose.

As an example, with a nearby feed, the "nearby" can be characterized in many different ways. I didn't make this specific in the scope, so rather than doing something wrong like searching for nearby users, Majestyk contacted our CTO and asked about the functionality. Indeed, we needed a way of creating a location attached to the actual list. Majestyk was responsible for clarifying something which was muddy and not very drawn out. In terms of overall app architecture, though, we didn't ask for too much creative input from Majestyk.

How did Majestyk perform from a project management standpoint?

Majestyk's CTO is a refined and honest person who understands that we are a startup. The discussion in our case is different than with a big company, but Majestyk demonstrated a good ability to work with us. Not everyone likes working with startups, given that funds can be tight and changes are made on the fly, as we evolve and develop. I find that if I would’ve have chosen one of the other candidates, there could have been communication problems or other issues.

I personally use Slack, while my CTO uses JIRA for the collaboration with Majestyk. We also use Asana internally. I've stayed pretty far away from the backend work, but I've been involved with Asana, which allows me to monitor the designer and the in-house iOS team.

What did you find most impressive about Majestyk?

It was very impressive that they had the foresight to check the General Assembly board for work. It's a testament to a very fine business development manager. You never know when or where an interesting project can be found, and ours is reasonably so, even though creating a backend server can sound dry. I was looking for a long-term relationship, and Majestyk seemed motivated to work on an iOS social app that can potentially grow. They were open to a host of possibilities for growing together, including a partnership, equity, and so on.

Are there any areas Majestyk could improve?

I don't have any areas of improvement to note, partially because Majestyk could be commenting on my own improvement. I've thrown many curve balls at them in terms of timing and so on, making it extremely remiss of me to talk about how Majestyk can get better. They've done a terrific job of working with a startup and being prepared for rapid lateral moves and pivots.

Overall Score Nothing bad has happened yet, and I would definitely recommend Majestyk.
    I don't place an emphasis on arbitrary dates. It's more important to get the work done well, which Majestyk has.
    I talked to a company with a cost $10,000 higher than Majestyk. They gave me a fair price and allowed a little room for negotiation.

Branding & Design for Consumer Electronics Startup

"I appreciated their professionalism and ability to meet deadlines, which isn't very common."

2015 - 2016

Majestyk supported the branding/design efforts of a recently formed business, helping to develop marketing collateral and refine the overall digital strategy. Their involvement remains ongoing.

Derek Blumke
Co-Founder & CEO, TripSafe

Key highlights include strong design sensibilities, timely deliveries, and steadfast professionalism.

TripSafe is a security company aimed at travelers. We offer a portable security system that can be used at home or on the road when staying at hotels or Airbnb, keeping them safe and monitoring the room while they're away. I am a co-founder and the chief executive officer of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Majestyk?

We needed help with branding and design. Those are skills we don't really have, which meant we needed to find a partner to handle the work for us.

Majestyk helped us establish initial branding and marketing materials as our company was in its early stages. Our app is in production, but we're using a different company for it. Majestyk did a great job and had fantastic abilities to execute from start to finish. We have worked with around 3 people from Majestyk's team.

How did you come to work with Majestyk?

We found Majestyk through a referral. I met one of their co-founders a couple of years ago. We looked at a couple of other options, but Majestyk was able to work within our budget and timeline. Compared to other agencies, it wasn't much of a decision to choose Majestyk.

We started working with Majestyk in 2015. I've become friends with their leadership team, so I stay in close touch with Majestyk.

Majestyk performed great, doing a lot of research on the work. I have nothing but rave reviews.

How did Majestyk perform from a project management standpoint?

We've had a couple of time crunches, with a turnaround time of 1–2 weeks, and Majestyk was able to accelerate its normal creative process in order to accommodate our schedule. The collaboration was maintained through email.

What did you find most impressive about Majestyk?

I appreciated their professionalism and ability to meet deadlines, which isn't very common. If Majestyk promised to finish a task by Tuesday, we could always be confident that we'd see a result by that time.

Are there any areas Majestyk could improve?

There isn't anything. Majestyk hit every deadline and created an excellent brand for us.

Mobile App Dev for Public Relations Agency

"Using Majestyk was a positive experience for me, and I appreciated their flexibility."

Feb. 2016 - Apr. 2016

Majestyk was hired to design the user interface and workflow for a solution being developed/deployed by another supplier.

Greater New York City Area
Digital Design Director

Pros include exceptional creative vision, a meticulous approach to workflow design, and the ability to drive projects forward when necessary or explicitly requested to do so.

Please introduce your business.

[The client is an integrated marketing communications agency.]

What challenge were you trying to address with Majestyk?

We've put together an online interactive experience for a client, with a pre-recorded host who guides users through different questions and prompts. Our agency acted as a white label developer within the process.

Majestyk provided guidance on how we could design our platform for mobile phones and tablets, as well as regular PCs, based on our requirements. Majestyk put together all of the different designs and layouts that our developers could then use to build the product.

We ran our projects one at a time. Initially, we didn't anticipate needing Majestyk for mobile designs but made the addition at the last minute.

I know of 2 people from Majestyk's side who worked on designs, but there may have been more behind-the-scenes.

How did you come to work with Majestyk?

I used to work with one of Majestyk's designers in the past and knew that he was involved with a company that offered interactive solutions, web design, and other things of that nature. I reached out to Majestyk in order to see if they would be a good fit. We had been working with one other outsourcing company and called them as well for a quote. The job had a quick turnaround, and I already knew the caliber of work from my contact at Majestyk and how fast he could get stuff done. We decided to choose Majestyk because we needed the work done fast.

How much have you invested with Majestyk?

The total cost of Majestyk's services has been between $10,000 and $15,000.

We started working with Majestyk in January 2016. The project had a 2-month duration.

Our portal has recently won a 2016 WebAward for Outstanding Website. We launched our portal at an event. It had a medical application and was supposed to be used on an ongoing basis as an unbranded intermediary between the main website and the customer experience, serving as an information portal, showing people what the product was, how it was used, and where they could find a doctor. Because of the affiliation, we've had to use a lot of red tape in terms of language, warnings, and legal associations. All-in-all, we've received very good feedback. The launch was successful, and the platform took off. The user experience is good, allowing people to get their questions answered or be directed to other sources.

How did Majestyk perform from a project management standpoint?

We used Basecamp for our collaboration with Majestyk.

What did you find most impressive about Majestyk?

This may be influenced by my existing relationship with one of Majestyk's designers, but I liked having the ability to give them as much or as little direction as I wanted. Majestyk went with exactly what we said when we knew what we were doing, but when we needed council, they took the driver's seat. It never felt like Majestyk was pushing us in a certain direction when we didn't want that. Using Majestyk was a positive experience for me, and I appreciated their flexibility. Usually, when hiring external shops, we needed to provide a ton of direction and hand-holding. This wasn't the case with Majestyk.

Are there any areas Majestyk could improve?

Our budget and timing were spot-on, if not better. Majestyk exceeded my expectations in terms of planning, execution, and customer service.

Majestyk hit every deadline, even though we were unrealistic at times. The designs came through flawlessly every time.

Mobile App Development for Nightlife Startup

"I found Majestyk to be genuine and ethical in their approach. To me, this went a long way."

Apr. 2015 - Oct. 2015

Majestyk was hired to overhaul the user interface and experience of a separately developed mobile app as well as improve its performance speed.

Greater New York City Area
Co-Founder

Key strengths include flexibility with scope changes and the willingness to find cheaper solutions on behalf of their cost-sensitive clients.

I was a managing member of the company. It offered a nightlife app that informs people about male-to-female ratios of Manhattan crowds. That’s for any nightlife venue, bar, club, or lounge at any given point in time.

What challenge were you trying to address with Majestyk?

We needed to revamp our app and make it more professional and user-friendly. It needed to be better overall from a performance standpoint.

Majestyk revamped a prior build which we created using a college student. They increased the app's speed and also made it more expandable. We worked with at least 2 developers from Majestyk and I interacted with them directly.

How did you come to work with Majestyk?

We found Majestyk through word-of-mouth. We didn't consider other companies.

How much have you invested with Majestyk?

The total cost of Majestyk's development was around $20,000.

We started working together in April 2015. Majestyk worked on our project for around 6 months.

The app was already live when we hired Majestyk. They were responsible for an update on the app store. The initial build of our app was more or less a test of concept to gauge user acceptance. While we received good data, we didn't experience the growth and user interaction which we anticipated. After several months of the app being live, we decided to shut the project down. This wasn't due to any flaws in Majestyk's work. We were very happy with what Majestyk did.

How did Majestyk perform from a project management standpoint?

I can't speak for all projects, but I appreciated Majestyk's availability and flexibility in terms of budget. They acknowledged that we were budget-conscious and helped adjust our scope to meet our immediate needs. Majestyk worked with us in order to figure out the best and most cost effective way to get things done. We were using Slack with our previous developer. But at our request, we had more face-to-face interactions with Majestyk. I'm sure that they're capable of utilizing the available project management platforms.

What did you find most impressive about Majestyk?

I'm more business-oriented than tech-oriented and I focus on the user side. I found Majestyk to be genuine and ethical in their approach. To me, this went a long way.

Are there any areas Majestyk could improve?

In certain areas, Majestyk could have moved slightly quicker. This may have been based more on my expectations and not realistic technically.

Majestyk could improve in terms of timing, but this was in part due to my own aggressive expectations.
    I would like to work with Majestyk again for other software projects.

Developed iOS Prototype for Entertainment Startup

“I was impressed with Majestyk's experience and had the feeling that they knew what direction to take.”

Sept. 2015 - Nov. 2015

Majestyk provided resources to assist in the development of an iOS app for the client.

David Bella
Co-Founder & Lead Engineer, Hooch

Majestyk worked very quickly and produced a high-quality app that attracted investors and improved the credibility of the client's business. Majestyk's knowledge and expertise were also of note throughout the engagement.

Hooch is a members' cocktail society. We provide a subscription-based service for $10, which offers one free drink per day at any participating venue. We operate as a tech company, with apps available for Android and iOS.

I am one of four co-founders and the lead engineer of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Majestyk?

We needed resources for building our apps. I had written an initial prototype, but I'm not an iOS developer.

We sat down with one of Majestyk's partner companies and created a design, using Majestyk as the developer for it on iOS. I was simultaneously writing a new backend for it. Majestyk worked quickly, any bottlenecks being on my end.

We chose a cheaper option for the Android development. It was created as a strict copy of the iOS one.

How did you come to work with Majestyk?

We found Majestyk through their partner company.

How much have you invested with Majestyk?

The total cost of our project with Majestyk was between $10,000 and $15,000. We also gave them points of equity in our company.

Majestyk's version of our app was launched in November 2015, after a 2-month development process. We found that the overseas company we used for the Android development had iOS resources as well, so we transferred the app to them.

I was very pleased with the work that Majestyk put in. It was completed relatively quickly and very well. Up until this point, we haven't had any major catastrophes in the form of bugs or crashes for the iOS app. Since our app came as an update to the old version written by me, it was leaps and bounds better. It secured us a lot of credibility, attracting investors who were much more impressed with our current app.

We've attracted more users with the new version. As a startup, we've set the bar pretty high and have a lot of growth potential. The challenge is a lot deeper than the iOS app in terms of attracting users, but our update definitely had a positive impact.

How did Majestyk perform from a project management standpoint?

I was usually the bottleneck in our schedule. Majestyk stuck to the timeline well. Our project was relatively small, so we didn't use management tools. We had a spreadsheet for tracking tasks. I was in charge of the backend work, and Majestyk provided me with a list of APIs which I should implement. We went back-and-forth through daily check-ups on Slack.

What did you find most impressive about Majestyk?

This was the first consumer-facing app that I've worked on. I was impressed with Majestyk's experience and had the feeling that they knew what direction to take. Our work felt very professional throughout, and any questions I had about the user management system or anything else were answered by Majestyk.

Are there any areas Majestyk could improve?

I would have liked to have more in-person time with Majestyk's team, but this was mainly because I didn't handle scheduling. Majestyk would have been flexible in this regard if asked, and it may not be necessary for clients who have more experience than myself.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with Majestyk?

Any clients looking to work with Majestyk should focus on communication. Setting up a Slack channel and using a method for tracking the work is important. I recommend using a dedicated tool rather than a spreadsheet for any project involving more than 2 developers. The key for success is increased communication.

Overall Score There are areas for improvement, but I was satisfied overall.
    We planned the project for 3 months initially. Majestyk steamed ahead and finished it in 2 and a half.
    We've had a more complicated structure, based on equity and money. The app we received was solid and we got a good deal for it.
    I tend not to give perfect ratings.
    If anyone was to ask me for a recommendation, I'd have no problem giving Majestyk's name out. I trust their ability to get the job done.

Prototype Redevelopment for Filmmaker Startup

“Majestyk has acted as the Chief Technology Officer of our company.”

Following an unsuccessful experience with a previous vendor, the client hired Majestyk to develop a web platform that allowed student filmmakers to collaborate and upload projects

Co-Founder & CEO

Majestyk’s platform and pitch deck helped the client secure funding and participation with a business incubator. The client was very happy with Majestyk’s hands-on approach to project management, expert opinions, and commitment to the project.

We are developing an online platform enabling students pursuing a career in the film industry, whether as make-up artists, cinematographers, writers, actors, and so on, to find one another, communicate, upload projects and submit them to professors. We use the exterior world as a classroom, keeping track of students' progress.

I am a co-founder of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Majestyk?

We originally hired a developer from Texas and had a remote relationship with them. Things didn't pan out well for us, and we received a minimum viable product which was not functional whatsoever. After we began testing our prototype, our vendor was nowhere to be found, which gave us a bad taste for long-distance relationships of this kind.

Majestyk developed our web platform, starting again from scratch. We plan to develop a mobile app in the future. Our last developer had created a discombobulated product. It turned out that they hired someone from Russia behind our backs. We had no real communication, so it was difficult to hand off the baton. Different sections of the online skeleton were moved from Amazon Web Services to Heroku, for example. Majestyk reviewed the code and decided that it wasn't salvageable.

The development language used by Majestyk is the same as our old version, but our current platform is completely different. Our chat and video uploading functionalities are completely different to the old ones. Our site also allows for social media authentication. We will be able to use the results of Majestyk's work for our fund-raising campaign the following month.

We worked with 2 members from Majestyk's team, as well as their principal, who has usually given us updates for the work. They've all been helpful in terms of communication.

How did you come to work with Majestyk?

Our president had been in touch with Majestyk and introduced us. I liked their past accomplishments and wanted to offer Majestyk a chance at creating our app.

How much have you invested with Majestyk?

The total cost of Majestyk's services has been $21,000 so far. We have a time-and-materials contract that will extend to product deployment and testing, for which we received an additional $24,000 quote.

We have an ongoing relationship with Majestyk.

I was part of a business incubator through which I secured $5,250, with the assistance of Majestyk. They helped us create a pitch deck alongside the InVision prototype that was produced.

How did Majestyk perform from a project management standpoint?

Majestyk always stuck to our project time and budget. We collaborated through Trello and mostly used email for document exchanges.

What did you find most impressive about Majestyk?

Majestyk has treated me as a part of the team, not just someone that they're conducting business with. Majestyk has the same belief in my product's success as I do. Being able to easily immerse ourselves in the work alongside Majestyk as almost one entity has been great.

Majestyk gave us their honest opinions on things, whenever we asked. They used their expertise to better help us progress our business. If a client is attempting to engage in something which isn't sound, Majestyk will provide a critical eye. This is very beneficial to us. Majestyk has acted as the Chief Technology Officer of our company.

Majestyk's services are costly, but they are so for a reason.
    I have recommended Majestyk.

iOS Developed Prototype for Hotel Concierge Service

“The project scope was ambitious, but Majestyk delivered up to my expectations.”

Majestyk built a new version of the client’s iOS app to help its customers easily connect with concierge in the hotel industry.

Founder & CEO

The app launched with no clients and has since increased to 50 New York-based hotels. User and customer feedback has been very positive, and the client attributes this to Majestyk’s creative director and their ability to capture their vision through powerful branding.

Urban Buddy is a mobile concierge for hotels. We have built a platform where guests can ask questions and be immediately connected with a concierge at the other end. We partner with hotels and their bars and restaurants, supporting their business.

I am the founder of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Majestyk?

We needed to build a new version of our app.

We engaged with Majestyk in order to have them build a completely new iOS app. The user interface was completely reworked. Majestyk designed the graphics and wireframing based on our feature-set, as well as handling frontend and backend development. Majestyk also built a dashboard web login for clients, enabling them to see the questions being asked.

Majestyk provided a 6-person team for our development. We interacted with their creative director in designing our app.

How did you come to work with Majestyk?

One of Majestyk's founders played baseball with my brother. When I moved to New York, my brother insisted that I meet him. It became apparent that my brother kept good company, and it's been a pleasure working with Majestyk.

I interviewed a couple of other development shops. We don't have in-house resources, so the goal was to find a local partner that could handle the work. Working with a company is much more cost-effective. For the price of one developer, we had access to an entire team from Majestyk.

How much have you invested with Majestyk?

The total cost of Majestyk's services was around $100,000.

We've been working with Majestyk for a year and a half. Our app was launched in February 2015 after a 3-month development cycle. We initially had a fixed-price contract with Majestyk. We've moved to an hourly engagement.

We're still using the app built by Majestyk. It works great and we've had very few issues with it in terms of bugs and general maintenance. Whenever something comes up, Majestyk is more than willing to help us.

We launched our app in 2015, with 0 clients. Around 50 hotels in New York are currently using the app. We receive great feedback from users and clients. Much of this is to do with our colorful branding. Majestyk's creative director nailed the work in terms of capturing my vision.

How did Majestyk perform from a project management standpoint?

Majestyk was great at maintaining our schedule. I was surprised at receiving only a 12-week development cycle. I had worked with offshore firms in the past, which took more time to produce far less. The project scope was ambitious, but Majestyk delivered up to my expectations.

We used GitHub and Google Spreadsheets for tracking bugs and communicating tasks.

What did you find most impressive about Majestyk?

It was key for us to find a company in Manhattan that would be willing to sit down at the same table as us, without having to schedule an appointment. Collaborating with Majestyk was easy-going. They had an open-door policy through which they tried to listen to us.

Are there any areas Majestyk could improve?

More communication with the developers would have been appreciated. We had outstanding communication with Majestyk's project lead, but I felt that they like to maintain control of the development team.

Majestyk is based in Manhattan, so they have higher market prices.
    I've referred quite a few people to Majestyk.

Custom Developed Solution for E-Learning Consumer Product Startup

“Majestyk took the time and understood our needs, getting in front of a whiteboard and scoping everything out.”

Majestyk worked on several development projects for the client. This included their iOS and Android app, ecommerce site, and parent dashboard for the product.

Head of Product

Majestyk refined the client’s product following a successful Kickstarter campaign and has proven to be a flexible partner who quickly adapts to changing requirements based on test group feedback. Their UI/UX testing and off-site prototypes helped the client establish themselves as a legitimate company.

We're a small, early stage, seed-funded startup company developing a technology platform and an internet-connected smart toy. It's a dyno which uses speech recognition and connects to our servers in order to deliver conversation-based play. It tells stories, jokes, and plays games. It uses machine learning capabilities to adapt to the child's interests, and runs alongside a mobile app and a web-based dashboard.

I am the product manager of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Majestyk?

We needed resources for building our mobile app and e-commerce website.

Majestyk developed our app for iOS and Android, our online store, public-facing website, as well as the parent dashboard for our product.

We interfaced with one designer from Majestyk directly. There was also one UI/UX [user interface/user experience] person working in the background, as well as 2 developers handled by Majestyk's creative director. The app development was done in parallel, which was the reason for using 2 separate developers. We also worked with a web developer for our websites.

How did you come to work with Majestyk?

Right now, we have a client-vendor relationship, but our company actually spun-off from Majestyk. When they were a digital agency, they entered a competition called the IBM Watson Challenge, where they won first prize for their concept. When that happened, our company was formed in order to develop our conversational platform and smart toy. Majestyk acts as our vendor and we pay them for services, operating independently.

How much have you invested with Majestyk?

The total cost of Majestyk's services has been around $25,000.

We have an ongoing relationship with Majestyk. They're in charge of maintenance and feature requests.

Our business was started through a Kickstarter campaign. Our goal was $50,000, but we ended up vastly exceeding that, reaching $250,000. We had a short amount of time to turn a minimum viable product into a refined solution. I worked on the hardware aspects, but we also needed a responsive person who could work with changing requirements based on test group feed-back. Majestyk proved to be flexible and able to adapt to our needs. I don't know if we would have had that sort of flexibility by using a more traditional agency.

For a short amount of time, we plan to rely on direct selling, instead of using Amazon or other distributors. We looked at our Google Analytics, trying to find ways of optimizing our presence. Majestyk worked with us, changing pages around in order to increase conversions. We had more of a partnership than a client-vendor relationship. There was value in the experience Majestyk brought to the table.

Majestyk also helped us with much of the UI/UX testing for the initial versions of the app, by employing focus groups and making off-site prototypes. From a design perspective, the work was really refined. Much of the impression that people form for a startup will be based on the UI design of the product. Majestyk helped establish us as a legitimate company in the eyes of our customers.

How did Majestyk perform from a project management standpoint?

I appreciated Majestyk's flexibility. There was an initial disconnect around some of the user interface aspects of our app. I was able to shoot messages on Slack, we scheduled in-person meetings to go over the work, and had follow-ups with the UI/UX designer. We took a couple of hours, going through the entire UI flow. Majestyk came back to me with a proposed redesign which hit all of our requirements. They were very responsive and willing to go the extra mile in order to give us a good result.

We share Trello and Jira boards with Majestyk. I create cards for feature requests and bugs. Majestyk gave me access to their Slack account, enabling me to send messages to the team and have virtual meetings for high-level requirements.

What did you find most impressive about Majestyk?

With other agencies, I found that there was a hierarchy which I needed to navigate through. The great thing about Majestyk was that, even though I had an official point of contact, I was able to work directly with the people involved in the project. I never had to play telephone, relaying requirements through multiple people. Majestyk took the time and understood our needs, getting in front of a whiteboard and scoping everything out.

We're a small, fast-paced company trying to put a product out in under one year. It can be hard to have a complex specification sheet. Majestyk was flexible in this regard and this was crucial for us. Other companies are only willing to do what is scoped-out, but Majestyk took the time to understand use cases and what the customer expectations were, coming back to us with different solutions.

Are there any areas Majestyk could improve?

There were a couple of times when deadlines flipped, but we were equally responsible. Things weren't always properly scoped-out. In one instance, we made some changes to our software which we didn't communicate well. When we actually tried out the app, there was a gap in functionality. It led to our redesign, but Majestyk did a good job on their end, considering our complexities.

Overall Score Not many agencies have experience with our particular demands. Majestyk adapted and worked with us, instead of just building the project to a spec.
    I'm a first-time product manager on a very complex project. Majestyk was very responsive and I was able to figure out how to optimize our relationship. They hit the deadline on our last redesign.
    Value-wise, Majestyk was great. I've worked with creative agencies in other areas, and found that I only had one chance to make any change, after which came additional costs. It was nice that Majestyk was flexible enough and understood our situation.
    The good thing about working with Majestyk was that, as we progressed through the project, the working relationship improved. I got a better idea of what Majestyk needed in order to deliver a good result.