Los Angeles Freelance Creative

WordPress web design and development
Digital marketing and SEO

Acacia Swimsuits

Paia Fish Market

Sleep Yoga

Fade In Magazine

Web design, graphic design, and video production for Fade in.

Web Design & SEO for Entertainment Magazine

“What we thought would be a six-month project only took Made By Wing three weeks—it was astonishing to me.”

Jan. 2017 - Ongoing

Made By Wing redesigned a website, revamping various sections and providing feedback on SEO, social media engagement, and other factors that could enhance website traffic.

Audrey Kelly
CEO & Editor-in-Chief, Fade In Magazine

Made By Wing provided a beautiful, contemporary redesign of an outdated website that has attracted the attention of many. Their suggestions for improving website performance have been invaluable. The project was completed in no time and has been a great value for the investment.

I'm the CEO and Editor-in-Chief of Fade In magazine. We focus on stories based on the entertainment industry and offer events for aspiring filmmakers.

What challenge were you trying to address with Made By Wing?

It's always wise to reinvent yourself every so often—we were looking for a fresh, new look that would get our readers excited and attract new audiences to our website. We were looking for a web designer who had the same vision and who we'd feel comfortable working with.

Following our initial meeting with Caleb Wing [Owner, Made By Wing], he presented us with a few ideas for website themes that we liked. Working closely with me on the new design, I provided him the content we needed to transfer over to the new site. He also provided guidance on improving SEO and social media posts.

I mostly just worked with Caleb and maybe one other person regarding billing.

How did you come to work with Made By Wing?

They were in the back of our minds from a project they'd done a few years prior. We talked to a few different vendors, but ultimately liked Made By Wing's professional opinion regarding updates to our website the best.

I believe we gave them a $5,000 deposit and spent another $5,000 to finish the website redesign, along with some smaller miscellaneous requests.

We've been working together since early 2017 and we just hired them for another project.

We've had a lot of positive feedback regarding the new look of our site—many people are curious about who designed it. Made By Wing did everything for us, and it looks amazing.

They've provided invaluable feedback and suggestions for improving web traffic and conversion rates, which was incredibly helpful for our busy team.

How did Made By Wing perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very easy to work with, completing tasks quickly and efficiently. We connected through email, texting, and in-person meetings, but also utilized Basecamp to stay organized.

What we thought would be a six-month project only took Made By Wing three weeks—it was astonishing to me. Their team worked day and night to achieve our vision for us. For no extra charge, they provided great suggestions for helping us improve our website performance, showing us the tricks of the trade.

Caleb's attention to detail and creative design work sets him apart—he's somewhat of a genius in this space. His work is very modern and clean. I'd definitely recommend him to others.

No, we wouldn't have hired them again if we had any negative feedback.

Know that you can trust their vision and suggestions. They know what's best when it comes to factors like SEO, what draws viewers in on the first page of your website, etc. I really learned a lot by collaborating with them.

Overall Score The whole experience was very positive and we're very happy with their work.
    They finished ahead of schedule and I could always reach them when I needed to.
    We had no issues with the final product, unlike our experience with other designers in the past.

WordPress Web Dev & Design for Seafood Restaurant

“[Made By Wing] is very efficient and always available.”

2013 - Ongoing

Made By Wing revamped an existing website using WordPress. The redesign included a shopping cart feature and SEO integrated content. They continually provide site updates and SEO services.

Paia, Hawaii
Owner, Paia Fish Market

Online sales and restaurant foot-traffic have increased since the site redesign and SEO integration. Made By Wing’s owner is incredibly creative and offers an array of web-based solutions.

I’m the owner of four restaurants.

What challenge were you trying to address with Made By Wing?

I wanted to completely redo the website and logo of my restaurant, Paia Fish Market, with more modern aesthetics.

Made By Wing completely redesigned and developed the website on WordPress. Caleb [Owner, Made By Wing] created a shopping cart as one of the new site features. He also wrote most of the site’s content including the “About Us” section, the shopping page, and a few catchphrases to succinctly tell the restaurant’s story. He integrated SEO practices into the content for digital marketing purposes and also developed a simple website for my Japanese restaurant.

We worked directly with Caleb.

How did you come to work with Made By Wing?

I knew of him before this engagement through word-of-mouth. Once we met, I was captivated by his creativity.

We started working together in 2013. Caleb continues to provide new website features and SEO, so the engagement is ongoing.

I don’t keep many metrics regarding the website. It works the way I want it too, so I’m happy. However, it’s worth noting that the SEO work has increased online sales and restaurant traffic.

How did Made By Wing perform from a project management standpoint?

Caleb is very efficient and always available by phone. If something's wrong with the website, I know I can call him and he'll fix it. He meets deadlines and is committed to any project he takes on.

I've worked with other companies and they weren’t anywhere near as efficient and creative as Caleb. I’m not a web developer so having him do everything we needed was a godsend.

No. He’ll figure out if he needs to do something different, but I’m happy with the work so far.

Anyone who wants to make a website should have an idea of the finished product. That makes it easier for the designer and simplifies the development process.