We make your CFO happy

Silver

Mad Fish Digital is a digital marketing agency that provides custom strategies that suit your business. We provide in-depth research and discovery during our onboarding phase that helps prime your campaigns for success. Our team of experts specialize in paid media, content marketing, design, and digital strategy.

We’re a values-first business and have been B Corp Certified since 2018. We provide our client’s with elevated experiences and function as a partner for their team, not just a vendor. Check out our reviews to get details on how we’ve helped people like you.

2006
Portland, OR
  • 1305 NW 18th
    Portland, OR 97209

Palmer College of Chiropractic, Element, Pacific Yurts, Sapho, School House Electric, Kaiser Permanente, Wild Friends Foods
Schoolhouse Image

Schoolhouse

Schoolhouse came to Mad Fish Digital to improve the reach and return on investment of their digital ads. While they have an exceptional reputation in the community, with 12 years of social credibility and brand awareness, they weren’t seeing the returns they needed.

We set out with clear goals, and got to know Schoolhouse inside and out. From auditing their existing social channels and search, to reading more about

their products, and learning about their customers, we set the stage for a successful digital advertising strategy. We knew it wouldn’t be easy, but we set audacious goals that would please Schoolhouse and our paid media team. That included increasing new customer revenue through comprehensive social advertising campaigns, optimizing AdWords campaigns for improved Return on Ad Spend (ROAS) and increasing overall revenue by 50% over six months.

Schoolhouse had an 82% increase in total revenue since the implementation of our social and paid advertising strategy. This is a 130% increase in revenue compared to the months prior to our partnership.

Through the implementation of our Dynamic Remarketing strategy, we were able to reduce the cart abandonment rate and increase the Order Completion Rate by 28%.

Northwest Primary Care is a trusted leader in the Portland Metro Area’s healthcare space. With personalized care, experienced doctors, and a deliberately personal tone, they are able to engage with and bring additional value to their patients, beyond the primary care standard.

Website resources, social assets, infographics and videos have helped them grow their traffic, while engaging users across the digital

landscape. From Facebook posts to position zero blog posts, they’re reaching their audience where they are.

SEO and Content Marketing for Butter Company

"They're upbeat, knowledgeable, and flexible."

Mad Fish Digital performed a website audit and put together a digital advertising proposal. Later, they began to provide SEO services while internal resources took over content.

Keeley Tillotson
CEO, Wild Friends Foods

Traffic increased through multiple advertising channels including Facebook, Google, and Instagram. Mad Fish Digital has built a smooth cooperation with free and open communication. Their quality, energetic resources are particularly noteworthy.

I'm the CEO and Co-Founder of an all-natural nut and seed butter company.

For what projects/services did your company hire Mad Fish Digital?

We hired Mad Fish Digital to help optimize our website and do SEO, help us create great content marketing, and lead our digital advertising.

We were seeking to drive awareness for our brand, as well as drive online sales.

Mad Fish came recommended by a friend in the digital marketing landscape, and we decided to work with them based on great reviews and a really positive impression of their team and work ethic.

Mad Fish worked across almost all aspects of our web experience and function. They completed an audit of our site and also held on onboarding meeting with us to understand our advertising and content goals. Then, they sent over a proposal, including weekly budget and activities. The scope of the work changed over time—for example, we took over content creation as our team got up to speed, and passed content over to Madfish to optimize for SEO.

We worked most closely with one account manager, but other members of the team checked in from time to time on their activities as needed.

We saw traffic increase to our site through Facebook, Google, and Instagram ads, resulting in increased online sales.

Workflow between our team and Madfish was very smooth. We had a weekly check-in call and frequently corresponded on our Slack channel.

We have been most impressed with the quality of the team. They're upbeat, knowledgable, and flexible.

Web Design and Dev for Healthcare Provider

"Since the site launched, they've been quick to respond to questions and to help us make tweaks in the design."

June. 2015 - Mar. 2016

Mad Fish Digital built a website that provides health and wellness information and resources. The team offered training to guide admin users in managing and editing the site.

Jane Erwin
Communications Specialist, Kaiser Permanente

Clients have praised the design and usability of the site, and traffic has increased every month. Mad Fish Digital leveraged a variety of communication tools to provide frequent progress updates and rapid answers to inquiries. Their dedication to understanding the brand set them apart from others.

I’m a communications specialist for the Health Engagement and Wellness Services Department of Kaiser Permanente’s Northwest Region, which covers Oregon and Southwest Washington. We focus on patient engagement and education.

For what projects/services did your company hire Mad Fish Digital?

Mad Fish designed and developed a public website for our department.

We wanted to provide easily accessible and understandable information and resources to help people take charge of their health.

Mad Fish was recommended to us. We chose them because they’re a creative company that knew and understood our brand.

They designed, developed, and launched the website. They also provided training so that we could manage and edit the site as needed.

There were about seven people on the team—four from Mad Fish and three from our end.

We've received great feedback on the site, both from colleagues and, more importantly, our members. Traffic to the website has increased every month since it launched.

Their project management was effective. We had regular check-ins through in-person meetings, conference calls, and emails. The site went live a month or two after we thought it would, but that was fine.

The Mad Fish team was responsive and easy to work with. They were also interested in understanding our business and brand in order to meet our objectives. Since the site launched, they've been quick to respond to questions and to help us make tweaks in the design.

Not that I know of.

Marketing Strategy, SEO & More for Software Company

"I was extremely impressed with how on point their team was with the strategy."

Apr. 2016 - Sept. 2017

Mad Fish Digital created a complete, one-year marketing strategy for acquiring customers. Their work included content creation, SEO, PPC, video production, web development, blogging, analytics, and more.

Joseph Rohan
CEO, 360 Enterprises LLC

Their involvement effectively boosted the product’s exposure and helped achieve all set goals. Mad Fish Digital’s organized and communicative team held regular status meetings to keep the project on track, but what really stood out about them was their deep knowledge, reliability, and quality.

I’m the CEO of 360 Enterprises, a software company that provides a cloud-based workflow management solution for the contracting industry. Our product, 360e, is an all-in-one quoting, scheduling, tracking, and billing software designed specifically for small to medium-sized contracting companies.

For what projects/services did your company hire Mad Fish Digital?

We target small- to medium-sized contracting businesses. It’s a challenging niche where we are up against bigger companies with huge marketing budgets. We hired Mad Fish Digital to help us develop our marketing strategy and to execute the initiatives related to SEO, PPC, and content development.

We wanted to expand our sales territory from Oregon and Washington to the greater US and eventually worldwide. We also wanted to reach our first-year targets for new customer acquisitions.

I knew about Mad Fish Digital through the Portland chapter of an international entrepreneur’s organization. I participated in group forums and learning events with their owner and CEO, Ben.

Mad Fish scheduled a series of discovery sessions with us and then developed an action plan with one-year goals. They also conducted keyword research and integration, web development for some small projects, PPC campaigns through Google, and ad retargeting through Facebook, YouTube, and more. Furthermore, they handled blogging, promotional content development and video production, and analytics.

Mad Fish's CEO oversaw and participated directly in our meetings along with 2–3 other key staff members.

Mad Fish Digital was instrumental in putting 360e on the map. We were a startup with a small handful of customers. They took the lead and developed an effective marketing strategy that helped us realize our first-year goals.

Their team was well-organized, set clear targets, communicated plainly, and scheduled regular progress meetings.

I was extremely impressed with how on point their team was with the strategy, deliverables, and the exchange of information required for progress. Their knowledge of their own industry and level of expertise is compelling.

Precision is key in Mad Fish Digital's industry, so I can't really call this a shortcoming. Sometimes, the amount of back and forth required to revise the content and deliverables seemed a little much. In the end, it was well worth it.

Overall Score It was a great experience.
    They are reliable and consistent.
    Mad Fish Digital is affordable and worth the investment.
    Their service was outstanding.
    I’m very likely to refer them.

PPC Strategy for a PaaS Go-to-Market Launch

“In our first month working with them, our conversions doubled.”

June 2015 - May 2016

Mad Fish Digital provided SEO and PPC services for a go-to-market launch, planning a campaign and strategy then implementing the propositions, messages, and keywords.

1,001-5,000 Employees

Cincinnati, Ohio
Shelly Valentine
Product Marketing Manager, Modulus

The work had a significant impact on driving traffic, with conversions increasing by almost 150% towards at end of the project and the cost decreased by half. Their representative was diligent, hard-working, and highly skilled at understanding the project and improving on results throughout.

Modulus is a hosting, scaling, and data solution for Node.js developers. As a platform as a service (PaaS), Modulus eliminates the server and database administration challenges typically associated with deploying and growing an internet-based application. As Product Marketing Manager, I managed growth for the newly-acquired startup and created the go-to-market launch plan for multi-language support, which included adding support for Python, Java, and PHP to our platform.

For what projects/services did your company hire Mad Fish Digital?

I was responsible for social media, SEO, PPC, public relations, analyst relations, events, marketing automation, and lead generation campaigns. It was my first big market launch and I wanted everything to go off without a hitch. I knew I couldn't pull it off alone so it was critical that I chose the right partners who shared my vision.

Due to competition in the Java, Python, and PHP developer markets, it was going to take a lot more than organic growth to get in front of those customers. My goal was to break into these markets by delivering with an integrated marketing approach, using PPC and SEO as a major tactic.

In order to give SEO and PPC the level of focus it needed without it getting buried in my ever-growing list of priorities, I needed help from an expert.

I hadn’t worked with an SEO provider before and didn’t have a lot of PPC experience. I was referred to them by a colleague.

I was involved in the campaign’s planning and strategy development as much or as little as I wanted to be. In the beginning stages, we worked together very closely on selecting the right keywords and personas to target and the structure campaigns.

Once I felt they had a good handle on our value proposition, messaging, and personas we dropped down a once a month call. Prior to every call, I was emailed a very detailed report of conversions on each campaign for that month and campaign highlights. They never executed on anything unless we both believed it was a good idea. Any new ideas were always backed up by data, which made me feel more confident.

The team composition was just me and my MadFish representative, Kylie.

In our first month working with them, our conversions doubled and the cost per conversion was reduced by over 40%. Our overall cost per conversion is down by 12%, with a 23% increase in conversions.

A few months into the project, they paused some low-performing campaigns and re-allocated funds to campaigns with higher conversions. With that, we managed to triple the number of conversions compared to the previous month. Additionally, the cost per conversion for that campaign dropped by over 60%.

After a year, the campaign experienced several more campaign improvements, mostly due to the implementation of new landing pages that are more language-specific and speak to developers. As a result, we had nearly 150% increase in conversions and the cost-per-conversion decreased by half.

How did the Mad Fish Digital perform from a project management standpoint?

Even though we were 2,000 miles away and 3 hours time zone difference, the communication was phenomenal. I never worried about getting timely responses.

Their reports were always very clear, concise, and suitable to our upper management. My rep talked through the report with me every month and answered all of my questions. Aside from our main engagement, they were also always there to provide extra technical bandwidth for me if I needed something quickly.

What impresses you about the Mad Fish Digital?

Aside from producing results, which I would expect out of any SEO company, what sets them apart is their true consultative nature. They really understood my business and I felt like we were on the same team. The nature of the project was very technical, but it did not take them long at all to become well-versed in it. It felt like their rep worked for us.

They should keep on doing what they're doing.

Branding & Digital Marketing for Climate Solutions Technology Company

"They felt like an extension of our current marketing team."

Jan. 2013 - Mar. 2018

Using SEO best practices and marketing strategies, Mad Fish Digital developed keywords and designed a marketing campaign through blogs and newsletters to garner exposure.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Summer Street
Director of Marketing, Polygon

Mad Fish Digital provided immediate responses to requests and issues while delivering quality content. Their blogs and social media posts drove significant traffic to the website and lead to increases in business leads. They invested their time to learn the business and curated their content to its needs.

I am the U.S. director of marketing for Polygon U.S. Corporation, a company that specializes in temporary climate solutions using commercial equipment.

What challenge were you trying to address with Mad Fish Digital?

We changed the name of our company in 2011 and we needed to gain back brand recognition.

Mad Fish utilized SEO best practices and marketing strategies to help us develop our keywords and gain exposure. They pushed our social media efforts extensively through blogs, white papers, and posts. The team started monthly newsletters with other industries and designed ads for social media and Google AdWords.

They have provided various account managers throughout the project.

How did you come to work with Mad Fish Digital?

Mad Fish Digital was working with a company we acquired who referred the service to us. They were already knowledgeable about some aspects of our company which made it easier to choose them.

I have invested $300,000 in total for the engagement.

We started working with them early 2013 through March 2018.

The blogs and social media post lead to a dramatic increase in traffic to the website. Consumers and business owners engaged in our blogs and this engagement lead to increased business opportunities. The content they provided was catered to our business, interesting, and creative. I accredit them to a lot of our marketing success.

How did Mad Fish Digital perform from a project management standpoint?

Mad Fish’s response time was rapid, and they always provided an answer within the hour. They were never late with assignments and communicated well through phone, email, and Google Drive. They felt like an extension of our current marketing team.

Their project management was on-point and they always delivered high-quality content. Their people developed a close relationship with our business.

I wish they did not change out our account managers so often, but all the ones they've provided were great.

I would tell them to participate with their account managers and to teach them about the business. It would speed up the results.

Overall Score We developed a very close relationship.
    They were always on top of scheduling.
    They are well priced as similar high-quality companies would have costed a lot more.
    Their content is excellent, and I would hire their team if I could.

Silver