Top Accounting Services for Small Businesses

Bronze

LYFE Accounting is a complete one-stop shop accounting company. We serve a wide range of individual and business clients with bookkeeping, tax, CFO and personal financial services. Our team members have decades of combined experience working at Big 4, local and regional accounting firms, Fortune 500 companies, IRS experience and more. Our team comprises of CPAs, registered investment advisors, experienced bookkeepers and tax professionals.

Atlanta, GA

Monthly Bookkeeping for Artist Management Company

"Their customer service is really good."

Apr. 2019 - Ongoing

LYFE Accounting provides monthly bookkeeping services to an artist management company. Their team provides financial reports and analysis.

Atlanta, Georgia
William Brown, CPA
CEO, WJB Management

LYFE Accounting provides quality services in a timely fashion, typically responding within the day. Clients can expect a high level of customer service and support.

I am the CEO of WJB Management. We provide full service artist management solutions for a variety of clients nationwide. We utilize the knowledge of some of the most experienced and respected professionals and take pride in implementing innovative business solutions to develop the careers of every client we serve. Our services are comprehensive and tailor to the needs of our clients.

For what projects/services did your company hire LYFE Accounting ?

Monthly bookkeeping services and financial reports

I am a CPA, but I don't have the time to prepare bookkeeping transactions, so I used LYFE Accounting for help.

I worked with LYFE Marketing and they told me about LYFE Accounting. I have a great experience with their marketing team, so I also used them for the accounting side.

We have them do our monthly bookkeeping within Quickbooks. Everything else is easy to keep track of from the financial reports and payroll. We will occasionally get feedback from their team about what we can do to increase profits.

We work directly with a CPA.

I appreciate the timely responses and accurate bookkeeping. It helps that they also have CPAs so that I can ensure competency.

It was very effective. No complaints.

Their customer service is really good. I usually get an email response the same day or the very next day at the latest which is appreciated in my fast-paced world.

Maybe the presentation could look better, but overall they are doing a great job.

Bookkeeping Services for Content Production Company

"It's clear that they take their practice seriously and I have full trust in their team."

May 2019 - Ongoing

LYFE Accounting provides bookkeeping services for a content production company.

Greenville, South Carolina
Laura Vincent
CEO, The Content Company

The bookkeeping service provides accurate and trustworthy reporting to the client. LYFE Accounting is customer-friendly and flexible. Their team provides quality service and customer support and establishes a steady workflow.

I am the owner of The Content Company. We offer customized services to out-of-company clients. Create teams and head them for clients who specifically ask for one. Edit and proofread all the content whether it’s written by me or not, to ensure quality.

For what projects/services did your company hire LYFE Accounting ?

We work with LYFE Accounting on our bookkeeping and now considering CFO service.

What were your goals for this engagement?

To get an accurate depiction of our company's financials every month.

I talked with Krystal and was impressed with what she had to say. She helps prepare the books, so it really gives me peace of mind that what is being done is correct.

Describe the engagement in detail.

I gave them access to our bank account and PayPal. My accountant will routinely call me to ask me to clarify what certain transactions are being used for. They also provide some insight into things we can do to save more money and prepare for taxes.

Describe their billing or cost structure.

I pay a flat rate of $400 per month.

I worked directly with Krystal who is my CPA.

Can you share any outcomes from the engagement that demonstrate progress or success?

We get an accurate depiction of our company's financials every month.

Workflow is easy and customer friendly. I just have to clarify some transactions that they would not know how to classify.

The service and price are really great. It's clear that they take their practice seriously and I have full trust in their team.

No, we love everything.

Accounting & Financial Advising for Local Nonprofit

“LYFE Accounting genuinely wanted to see us succeed.”

May - Aug. 2018

LYFE Accounting helped a nonprofit organize and host a financial literacy outreach program for local entrepreneurs and small businesses. They also managed the nonprofit’s internal finances, including a grant.

Atlanta Metro Area
Director, Local Nonprofit

LYFE Accounting built a solid financial foundation, ensuring the nonprofit could sustain itself for years to come. They provided helpful budgeting and finance materials that a grant organization has since replicated. The client-oriented and responsive team executed a successful training event.

I’m the co-director of a nonprofit that helps people of color pursue small business and entrepreneurial initiatives.

What challenge were you trying to address with LYFE Accounting?

My company was operating off of a grant from a much larger organization. This was the first time we’d dealt with such a large sum of money, and we needed help managing it. We also needed assistance in hosting a financial literacy training event.

LYFE Accounting managed our three-year grant and its continuation plan. They created a proper budget for allocation to different programs and projects. LYFE Accounting helped us keep track of our receipts and spending for the monthly reconciliation and audit we had to do for the grant funders, along with the report and taxes we needed to file annually. They also proposed a simple investment plan for the future.

Additionally, LYFE Accounting helped us hold a two-series financial literacy training event. We had one-on-one training for each small business or entrepreneur that attended, and they could then continue working with LYFE Accounting if they needed to. The event also featured brand and professional development.

My team worked directly with Krystal (CPA, LYFE Accounting). We told her our company’s story, and she was extremely hands-on with us.

How did you come to work with LYFE Accounting?

We reached out to LYFE Accounting because they specialized in small business accounting. Also, Krystal and I are alums of the same college, and I knew that her business was affiliated with that school.

We spent less than $5,000. For the two-series program, we paid $225 per hour.

Our work together was from May–August 2018.

We had a very comprehensive affiliation with LYFE Accounting, and they set us up for success. They prepared us to manage our finances on our own, and we can still reach out to them if we don't understand something. They made sure we were able to sustain ourselves.

Whenever we had our monthly grant reviews, the grant organization was very impressed by the way LYFE Accounting handled our budgeting and allocated our funds, along with the documents that they provided to keep track of our receipts and spending. The grant organization began sending out one of LYFE Accounting’s rubrics to other grant holders, and I think that speaks volumes to how credible the content that they gave us was. Also, the literacy training event was very successful.

How did LYFE Accounting perform from a project management standpoint?

Krystal was patient with us and explained everything in layman’s terms so that we could understand something in the moment but then also be able to replicate it. Even after the financial literacy program ended, she gave us content so that we could answer follow-up questions.

Even though she’s a busy accountant, Krystal had no problem meeting with us weekly to go over objectives, especially leading up to the program. We planned everything out, from how many people we would meet with to how long each section of the program would be. Our communication setup was very open; I could text Krystal at any time, and she was extremely responsive.

They were truly focused on finding the solution that would work best for us, even if it meant going with services that they didn’t offer. Krystal was always honest if they couldn’t provide us with a service, and she gave us a list of businesses who could.

LYFE Accounting genuinely wanted to see us succeed. We’d worked with other accountants and money management people in the past who only cared about the money, not what we do as a faith-based nonprofit. Krystal cared about what we were going through and wasn’t just trying to sell us her services. She was personable and easy to work with.

No, I don’t have anything.

Be comfortable divulging all of your financial information so that LYFE Accounting can find the best solutions for you. It can be uncomfortable to talk about money, but if you withhold information, you’ll hinder Krystal from doing the best that she can possibly do. My team learned early on that it was best to lay out all of the details regarding how our grant operated and what our requirements were.

Other companies were cheaper, but we got the best bang for our buck with LYFE Accounting. Their costs were worth it.
    I’ve already referred them many times.

Bookkeeping for Pizza Restaurant

"I'm very thankful for their help."

Oct. 2018 - Mar. 2019

LYFE Accounting provided tax preparation services for a restaurant. The team had access to a POS system, bank accounts, and other transaction records.

Dahlgren, Virginia
Co-Owner, Restaurant

The client successfully filed its taxes thanks to LYFE Accounting. The team maintained a collaborative approach while keeping prices within a reasonable range.

I am a co-owner at Roma's Pizza. We serve a variety of food from New American to Home Recipe's Italian, Mexican, Thai Spanish, Greek, and Fusion.

For what projects/services did your company hire LYFE Accounting?

To help prepare our taxes for 2018.

What were your goals for this engagement?

To get accurate financials and save money on taxes.

We work with their other company, LYFE Marketing.

Describe the engagement in detail.

They asked several questions about our company and how we handle financials. We provided access to our POS, Bank and credit card accounts. They helped catch our booking ups recording all transactions and then prepared it for taxes.

Describe their billing or cost structure.

We paid monthly for bookkeeping and one-time for tax preparation.

I primarily work with Krystal

We successful filed our taxes in 2018.

I enjoy working with our accountant, Krystal.

I love the fee working with a CPA. When we contacted other CPAs their prices were much higher.

Nothing that I can think of. I'm very thankful for their help.

Business Consulting for Tax & Accounting Firm

"We find it a pleasure to work together, and communication is always honest and transparent."

LYFE Accounting provides consulting for various projects that require CPA assistance. Their services include both strategy development and authorization support.

Atlanta, Georgia
Preston S.
Owner, Standberry & Associates

LYFE Accounting is effective in helping its customer solve problems for clients. Timely and professional, the team maintains an open and direct approach to foster collaboration. Customers can expect a dedicated and engaged partner.

I am the owner of Standberry & Associates, Inc.

For what projects/services did your company hire LYFE Accounting ?

LYFE Accounting helps us with consulting for difficult business projects that require CPA assistance.

What were your goals for this engagement?

To get strong and valuable insights from a certified public accountant. They have the ability to authorize things that I can not.

Referral.

Describe the engagement in detail.

The scope of our engagement was simple, yet difficult. We need help with project management and strategies for audits. We really needed a partner who could help with strategy and authorization more than anything else. Krystal was very timely and professional through our entire engagement.

Describe their billing or cost structure.

We pay monthly for consultations that help us with difficult projects.

We work directly with Krystal, a CPA at LYFE Accountant.

We have been able to provide our clients with more value since we started working with them. We are able to help solve our client's most difficult problems now.

The engagement was very effective. We find it a pleasure to work together, and communication is always honest and transparent.

They are timely, professional, experienced and seem to really care about your financial success.

Nothing really. I really enjoy working together and would highly recommend them.

Bronze