Launching big ideas with: startups & enterprises

Superstar developers taking your ideas from zero to launch. We are a passionate, driven and talented team of developers based in Seattle, WA. We work with startups, marketing agencies and enterprise companies to craft and launch big ideas.

2019
Seattle, WA
  • 11300 3rd ave
    Seattle, WA 98125

Preflight Mitigator, Dollar Flight Club, Story Tellers for Change, Protection Home Inspectio, Mercado.soy.

Mercado.soy Image

Mercado.soy

A peer to peer marketplace focused on Latino and Spanish speaking community.
Dollar Flight Club Image

Dollar Flight Club

Get instant alerts about the world’s cheapest flight deals leaving your home airports.
Preflight Mitigator Rist Assesment Image

Preflight Mitigator Rist Assesment

Aviation's Most Efficient Flight Risk Assessment Tool. The Preflight Mitigator web-app provides flight departments an easy, affordable, and effective way to measure and mitigate flight risk.

Web App Dev for Flight Risk Company

"Lunarbyte.io has given us exactly what we asked for—and even more when it comes to service."

May - Aug. 2019

Lunarbyte.io developed a web app for a flight risk assessment tool. Using Angular and existing wireframes, they built the app to respond to desktop and mobile browsers. They provided ideas and designs as well.

Phoenix, Arizona
Michael Sidler
Co-Owner, Preflight Mitigator

The initial version of the app has launched and met the client’s expectations, leading to a continued relationship with Lunarbyte.io. The team goes above and beyond in offering valuable insights to improve the product and processes. Quick responses make for an even smoother workflow.

I’m the co-owner of Preflight Mitigator, a product that allows pilots to perform a flight risk assessment.

What challenge were you trying to address with Lunarbyte.io?

Our product was 70% of the way to its launch, and we needed a backend developer to wrap it up.

Lunarbyte.io helped us create a web app using Angular. It’s responsive to both desktop and mobile devices.

For each feature I request, I provide Lunarbyte.io with the direction, designs, and user flows. However, they sometimes come back with their own flows to explain specific processes, such as how the backend interacts with the frontend, or to discuss ideas for visuals. In other cases, they’ll release a feature to our dev application that I’ll then take over to style the frontend.

Ben (Co-Founder & CTO, Lunarbyte.io) is the one person I consistently stay in touch with daily. Depending on the velocity we need and the availability of their resources, we’ll ask Frank (Co-Founder & CEO, Lunarbyte.io) to step in.

How did you come to work with Lunarbyte.io?

We went through a research process to evaluate different developers and find one we can rely on. When we found Lunarbyte.io, we felt they were the best equipped, given their experience and expertise. They also sold themselves through their thought leadership: they offered better approaches to our ideas instead of just listening to our requests.

We spent about $20,000.

We started working together in May 2019, and the first iteration of the app launched in August the same year. We’re still in a working relationship, though.

It’s a little premature for us to talk about results just yet. However, other companies have expressed interest in integrating our application into theirs. That’s due to the fact that we have a modern build and a team that can provide those services.

Lunarbyte.io has given us exactly what we asked for—and even more when it comes to service. Their wireframes and thought leadership have help us make critical decisions about the application, and it wasn’t even a requirement from the outset.

How did Lunarbyte.io perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve done exceptionally well. They constantly communicate—I never have to track them down to find out what’s going on. They respond at all hours of the day, which isn’t a requirement but still something I appreciate. We use Slack, which adds that extra level of accessibility and visibility.

Their thought leadership impresses me the most. Lunarbyte.io doesn’t just fill your requests to the letter; they take the time to recommend the best options for the product. It feels like they care about my project like it’s their own, which is really cool.

Honestly, if there were areas to improve, we’d look for someone else. I’m extremely pleased with Lunarbyte.io’s work.

One thing I originally did was write out all the user stories I needed in Google Spreadsheets. I used those materials to quote the initial launch. Lunarbyte.io then transferred that to Jira, which has been really helpful for us to track our work together.

I’d recommend that anyone looking to work with a development shop to think through their user stories and put it in Jira. It’ll make your life a lot easier and let a vendor give you a much more specific quote.

They haven’t missed a deadline yet.
    The service level is priced at the value we received. We’re happy to pay their fees for their expertise and thought leadership.
    Lunarbyte.io has built high-quality, well-organized code in the backend. They keep it clean and visible.
    I already have recommended them.