Affordable Web Designs

Lunar Media has been creating stunning web sites and collateral materials for over 20 years for Chicago and beyond. We offer big agency design for smaller company budgets. We create WordPress web designs, 100% developed in the USA, design logos, packaging and signage that make your business look like a million bucks, and who doesn’t want that?

We will be your one-stop visual and digital solution. You can depend on us to work with you to develop and manage projects that are of exceptional quality. We will assist you in developing a strategy to produce your company design materials for business use. We can assure you that your business or organization will stand high above the rest, because we are confident that our team will satisfy any web design, digital and graphic needs you have.

1996
Chicago, IL
  • 1200 W. 35th Street
    Chicago, IL 60609

Bridgeport Art Center, Friends of the Chicago River, Cake Chicago, Chicago Ceramic Center, Simple Mills, O'Hagan Meyer, East Bank Storage, Horner Park Advisory Council, Madison & Rayne, Illini Center, Peer Foods

WordPress Website Design For Architecture Firm

"[S]he was very personable, positive, [and] joyful to work with."

Aug. 2012 - Mar. 2013

Lunar Media created a visually attractive, accesible website for an architecture firm. The project involved design on the WordPress platform, staff training, and ongoing support.

Owner, Architecture Firm

Visitors to the site remark that it is well-structured and elegantly designed. Lunar Media offered a highly collaborative process, embracing client ideas and enthusiastically suggesting new concepts. Their professionalism and approachability made the project enjoyable.

Could you give a brief description of your company and your role?

It’s an architectural firm, and I’m the sole proprietor, owner, and architect.

When you approached Lunar Media, what was the business challenge that you were trying to address?

I needed a website.

Did you have any specific business goals that you wanted to achieve?

I wanted it to be aesthetically pleasing, and I wanted it to be easy to navigate.

Did Lunar Media provide training and ongoing support services, in addition to the design and development?

Gina [Hutchings, owner of Lunar Media] did. She provided me with a WordPress pamphlet that she had put together. She tried to teach me some things, but I was too overwhelmed and busy at the time. So, she said that I could reach out to her whenever I wanted.

How long did the project take?

It took probably six to eight months.

When was the website completed?

March of 2013.

Why did you select Lunar Media to work with in the first place?

I was referred to her by another business that I worked with before.

Are there any metrics that you can share that indicate the success of the project?

I can’t. I don’t know how many people look at my site.

Do you feel like your business has grown as a result of having the website?

Do you have any feedback that you can share from customers about the website?

They said it was beautiful. They loved the graphics in it and how it’s organized.

How would you describe Lunar Media’s performance?

I thought she was very easy to work with. She was willing to look at the ideas that I was interested in. It was somewhat hard, but I think a lot of it was just both of our schedules. The process took longer. I’d never done websites, so I didn’t know how long it would take.

Was there anything unique or special about working with Gina compared to some other vendors that you’ve worked with in the past?

I just thought that she was very personable, positive, joyful to work with, and willing to consider my ideas.

Is there anything that you think that Lunar Media could improve upon, or that you would do differently?

We had one little hiccup. It was just that I wanted something graphically that she was saying wasn’t out there. There’s another program for starting websites. I just found out about them a month ago. I don’t know how long it’s been around, but the graphics on that program are so much the direction that I wanted to go. But, I don’t really know if they were in existence when I first started talking to her. All I know now is I’m looking at it and going, this is totally what I wanted. She had to create what I wanted because it wasn’t out there at that time.

Website Design and Marketing Strategy For Investment Consultancy

“It exceeded all my expectations. This is exactly what I wanted.”

Jan. - Mar. 2013

Lunar Media built marketing materials to refresh an investment group's brand and boost traffic. The effort involved design, email campaigns, mail collection, special reporting, and marketing strategy.

Michael Vodicka
President, Vodicka Group

After launch, the site immediately saw a 500 percent increase in web traffic. The email list also grew signficantly. Lunar Media took personal interest in the project and built a productive relationship. Their compelling designs, prompt delivery, and valuable strategic advice set them apart.

Could you give a brief description of your company?

The name of my company is The Vodicka Group, and we provide investment-consulting services to small business and individuals, institutional, and individual investments consulting services.

What is your role?

I’m the founder and the president. I lead the charge, and I work with the investors. I handle more the client-side of the business, working with clients and investors to make sure they’re happy. I also manage the portfolios.

When you approached Lunar Media, what was the business challenge you were trying to address?

I had a website that did not accurately reflect the professional nature of my business and was not attracting as much attention as I wanted it to. The people who were visiting my website were not being converted into any kind of productive lead whether by joining the mailing list or submitting a contact form or sending me an email. I needed to take it to another level on design and functionality.

Did you have any specific goals for the project?

I wanted to increase my Web traffic significantly. I wanted to increase my mail list significantly. I wanted to convey a professional image. My website right now is awesome. [Gina Hutchings, Lunar Media’s owner] did a great job. But, the one I had before looked amateur. I wanted to convey an image of success to my clients and potential clients.

Can you talk about the scope of the project?

Gina’s responsibilities were to handle everything on the design side; that’s pretty much A to Z on the actual website. She also worked on designing a new email campaign, which was huge. She also helped me with my mail collection strategies, collecting email addresses from people with my pop-ups and footers [on the website]. She also advised me on developing special reports to create incentives for people who’d sign up through mail lists.

She helped me on the marketing side of the business in terms of product and service development. We worked on a service called “portfolio phone” together. She helped me with the marketing on that and how to position the product and how to get people interested in that.

How long did it take?

Two to three months.

When was that completed?

March of 2013.

What was your process for selecting Lunar Media with which to work?

I contacted four or five Web agencies. It was basically to have a conversation with the people who ran the company and then chat with the actual individual contributors. I did a couple of in-person visits. I met the people who started the companies, and I met their teams. They were OK, and I met some interesting people.

In terms of vetting [Lunar Media], it was a personal conversation with Gina about how she runs her business, how she works with her clients and how she communicates. Then, I also checked out her portfolio and looked at the actual work she had done. I checked out her website, and I liked the design that I saw. I also saw that she was an artist. That’s what appealed to me on a broader level. The fact that Gina had this other component in her business that was aesthetically driven definitely appealed to me.

A friend of mine had actually used her. They told me she was great. So, she got an endorsement.

Gina had a real value proposition, too. Not only did she hit hard on the design and support front, but she also offered value. I felt like a lot of the larger agencies were outrageous, the amount of money they want me to pay.

Could you give a sense of the size of this initiative in dollar terms or personnel work hours?

The dollar value on the project was between $2,000 and $3,000. Her hourly rate was between $75 and $100. I think she billed out between 20 and 30 hours. Realistically, she may have done a little bit more work than that. She definitely has the value added. She was emotionally committed to the project.

How would you describe the results of the project?

I was beyond pumped when I saw what she did. I had a vision for the website that I had shared with her as much as possible. But, when I finally saw the mock-up demo of the website, I was very impressed. It exceeded all my expectations. This is exactly what I wanted.

Are there any metrics that you can share that indicate the effectiveness of the project?

As soon as there was an implementation on all these different strategies and her new redesign, I had a huge jump in traffic. I think that my monthly visitors went from maybe 500 or 1,000 to 2,000 or 3,000 almost instantly. My mail list started growing again. [Lunar Media] definitely delivered.

How would you describe Lunar Media’s performance?

It was fantastic. I was really happy with what they did. I’d recommend them in a second to anyone. She delivers on the quality of work. I think it was a great operation.

Was there anything unique or special about them compared to other companies with which you may have worked?

She had a real value proposition, which was important to me. In terms of communication, she was able to develop a relationship and create personal connection pretty quickly as opposed to larger places that [treat you like] you’re just a number and shuffle you through.

Looking back on the project, is there any area that Lunar Media could improve upon or that you might do differently?

No. Honestly, I don’t have anything negative to say about the situation whatsoever. Even if I had to dig deep, honestly, I can’t think of anything. I thought she did a great job. It was fast. The product turned out great.

We turned this project around fast. She was very responsive.
    Extremely, I think I’ve sent business to her. I would recommend her in a second.