A boutique branding and web design studio in NYC.

Bronze

Lovably is an independent design studio based in New York.

We specialize in branding, print, and web design for confident firms in architecture, fashion, interior design, wellness, and more.

Established in 2014, we have collaborated with hundreds of clients who are leaders in their respective fields. We approach each project with profound care and an enduring commitment to elegant, focused design and meaningful, long-lasting client relationships.

New York, NY
  • 88 E End Ave
    New York, NY 10028

Clients include Bloomberg, Macmillan, Harvard Business School, and Rent the Runway.

Thompson LLP Image

Thompson LLP

Thompson LLP is a corporate and intellectual property law firm based in New York City. They benefitted from Lovably's high-end approach to web design, giving them increased visibility and a professional place to showcase their services online.

Cape Advisors Image

Cape Advisors

Cape Advisors is a New York-based real estate development, investment and management firm with extensive experience in residential, commercial, retail and hospitality projects.

Aaron Smith Photography Image

Aaron Smith Photography

Aaron Smith is a lifestyle and fashion photographer based in Los Angeles. He has worked with a diverse clientele, including Nike, Leica, Apple, Google, Los Angeles Times, Women’s Health Magazine, and more. His unique take on fashion and portraiture derive from his years of experience in the skate industry.

Jill.Herlands Image

Jill.Herlands

Jill.Herlands is a boutique jeweler based in Hell’s Kitchen, New York City. All designs, from conception to production, are made by hand and nothing is ever mass-produced.

Fink & Platt Architects Image

Fink & Platt Architects

Fink & Platt Architects is a design firm founded in New York City in 1998 by partners Janet Fink and Arthur Platt. The firm creates modern architecture and interiors with a sensitivity to historic structures and context.

Small Bands of Misbehavior Image

Small Bands of Misbehavior

Small Bands of Misbehavior is an award-winning production design and art direction studio based in New York City and Los Angeles. We worked closely with founders Courtenay Williams and Kai Lee to create a decidedly bold brand identity, website, and creative direction for the prolific studio.

Website Design for Interior Design Firm

“They’re super quick to respond and are very informative. When we set deadlines, they were met.”

Mar. - May 2019

Lovably redesigned a Squarespace site for an interior designer. Inspired by provided images, they created several options before one was selected. After developing the site quickly, they began managing SEO.

Jennifer Downing
Principal, MOKUME Design Studio

Once development was complete, traffic increased to the site. Lovably has a lot of experience working with Squarespace, and their knowledge was particularly useful for this project. They communicated with their partners effectively, ensuring a strong partnership and a successful outcome.

I’m the principal at MOKUME Design studio. We’re an interior design studio rooted in wellness.

What challenge were you trying to address with Lovably?

We needed a website redesign on Squarespace, and we needed help making that happen fairly quickly.

We told them what we’re looking for, and they got back to us with a plan to execute. We provided an inspiration folder with imagery, our brand sheet, and a handful of websites that we liked. They took that and ran with it, creating a couple options to pursue. Then they were able to update the site quickly.

They updated all the pages including our portfolio, which is a gallery of images, and reformatted our layout. They also set up our searchability with keywords and SEO.

I worked with just one person.

How did you come to work with Lovably?

We contacted a handful of providers and they had a great deal of knowledge and history with Squarespace. After talking to them, it seemed like a good fit.

It cost $4,000.

We worked together from March–May 2019.

We saw increased visibility on other platforms. They shared our site on their social media, which boosted our traffic. They’ve been very helpful.

How did Lovably perform from a project management standpoint?

We set up a shared Dropbox system with different folders. That’s how we shared information like our brand guidelines. They’re super quick to respond and are very informative. When we set deadlines, they were met. When we asked them to do something, they addressed it almost immediately. They also only take on a certain number of clients so they can manage their time while providing high-quality output. We also communicated over phone and email.

Their ability to communicate efficiently and effectively. Then, their knowledge and experience with Squarespace.

I wish I had been privy to more of their processes, but that may be more of my curiosity rather than a criticism.

Come in prepared. It took us two months before we started development because we needed to have our logos and things like that all lined up. They’re good about communicating what they need from you too.

Logo & Website Design for Creative Agency

"The Lovably team was professional and made me feel cared for as a client."

Feb. - Nov. 2017

Lovably created a new logo and website design for the client that showcased the breadth of the client’s work and services. This project helped unify the client’s brand identity.

Co-Founder, Small Bands of Misbehavior

Clients can expect to work with creative and collaborative professionals. Lovably personalizes their design approach based on the needs of individual clients and delivers an exceptional final product.

I’m the co-founder and creative director of Small Bands of Misbehavior. We work on a diverse range of projects from set design to custom fabrication. We work with clients from a variety of industries, including film and television.

What challenge were you trying to address with Lovably?

We wanted assistance in designing a new logo and website that could visually represent what our company does.

We came to Lovably with some ideas of how we wanted to present our brand. Lovably helped us distill those ideas into an elegant, yet edgy logo. They also designed a new website.

Our main point of contact at Lovably is Dylan (Creative Director, Lovably).

How did you come to work with Lovably?

A friend of mine worked with Dylan previously and referred me to him.

We spent about $10,000 on this project.

This engagement took place from February-November 2017.

I feel that what they’ve designed communicates something different and interesting. Our logo and website pique clients' interest and compel them to work with us.

How did Lovably perform from a project management standpoint?

We primarily communicated via email and over the phone, but we also had a few in-person meetings with Dylan. He was adaptable in working with us in a way that was convenient for our schedule and business.

The Lovably team was professional and made me feel cared for as a client.

Dylan is extraordinarily creative and he applies this to every aspect of a project. It was an absolute pleasure working with him and he’ll be our first call for any future logo or web design projects.

No, I was 100% satisfied.

It is helpful to provide some visual references or a written outline of what you’re hoping for. Be as open and collaborative as you can.

Squarespace Website Dev for Interior Design Firm

"Their team’s the whole package."

Apr. 2018 - June

Lovably managed full stack development of a Squarespace website for an interior design firm. Building the site from scratch, the team supported ideation, implemented content, and resolved design challenges.

Burlingame, California
Lauren Evans
Principal, Lauren Evans Interiors

Lovably created an intuitive and visually compelling website that generates significant traffic and positive feedback from users. They attend to details and have a deep understanding of the brand image to minimize oversight. They communicate technical concepts well to enable continued engagement.

I’m principal and owner of Lauren Evans Interiors.

What challenge were you trying to address with Lovably?

We needed a new website.

Lovably helped build our entire website from scratch. The process began with an initial phone conversation about concepts and the preliminary layout. We went back and forth about examples such as templates and other websites that their team built, which we reviewed. Once we got the skeleton down, Lovably started to build the site's foundation including the template and interface. They sent me a list of what they needed from us to get the ball rolling. Once all of our photos and content were sent, their team put them into the Squarespace product. They tackled challenges such as logo overlays and photo quality. Backgrounds can be a challenge for text overlays, so their team applied filters and tweaked the code to make the website aesthetically pleasing. They manage follow-ups. When I want photos uploaded or need a feature adjusted, I send an email to Lovably.

I worked with Dylan (Creative Director and Principal, Lovably).

How did you come to work with Lovably?

I kept track of websites that I loved and came across a couple that Lovably built.

So far, we’ve spent $4,000. When we have follow-ups, they bill by the amount of time the project takes.

Lovably worked on this project from April 2018–June 2018.

I get great traffic and feedback from clients, vendors, and anyone that comes across my website. I receive a lot of unsolicited compliments, so that’s awesome to hear. The website’s user-friendly and beautiful. I didn’t have to correct too much because Dylan had an intuitive pulse on appropriate content. He's a genius, coding what we need specifically. He also didn't make us feel like a nag. He understood our industry and how aesthetically sensitive we are. It was nice to have someone who totally got that.

How did Lovably perform from a project management standpoint?

We worked mostly via phone and e-mail. Dylan was efficient and communicative as well as meticulous and keen on the scale. It was a wonderful process.

I struggled in regard to communication with people who have a technical background. The most important quality is that Dylan’s communicative. Lovably also has visual talent. Their team’s the whole package.

Of course, I wish Lovably was cheaper.

No, working with them is straightforward.

Web Dev & Design for Personal Trainer

"Their turnaround time was impressive."

Feb. 2018 – Apr.

Lovably created a brand identity to grow a digital presence for a personal trainer. They developed an optimized Squarespace website and designed marketing collateral such as a logo and a business card template.

New York
Joseph Gonzalez
Founder, Mejor Strength

Lovably delivered a satisfying website with a sophisticated design to differentiate the business in the market and reach the target audience effectively. The team was flexible and meticulous. They invested the time to understand project goals comprehensively, which ensured a valuable engagement.

I’m a high-end personal trainer and the owner of Mejor Strength. People come to me because they have a problem such as with their shoulders, low-backs, or hips. I focus on postural alignment and movement disfunction exclusively. I do workshops, one-on-one sessions, and corporate wellness. I also do consultations for physical therapy clinics, chiropractors, and other trainers.

What challenge were you trying to address with Lovably?

I’ve been in business for ten years. For the first eight, I had neither a website nor a social media presence. I realized that I was going to start shifting away from doing fitness to problem-solving, so I needed a presence on the web. I knew that if I invested more in a website that the platform would return dividends.

Lovably sent an extensive questionnaire before our first meeting. There were questions that I’d never considered, but all the answers went into crafting the outcomes.

They developed my logo, business card template, and website. Their team built a Squarespace site as an informational platform. It’s fairly simple and straightforward. There are four pages on it including an about me, services rendered, and testimonial sections as well as a back page for my Instagram bio. When users enter the site, they encounter a slideshow with testimonial quotes from clients. For those who find me through Instagram, their team built a separate landing page of services and a link out to my YouTube channel.

They optimized the product for desktop and mobile uses because most people look at the website on a mobile device. Their team mentioned that a lot of people are still playing catchup in this field because they only optimized their websites for one. Their team streamlined our website, so we don’t have to build a second website or implement redundancies.

Every now and then, I reach out to Lovably for updates. Once their team has an opening, Dylan (Creative Director and Principal, Lovably) lets me know and takes care of everything.

I worked with Dylan.

How did you come to work with Lovably?

I searched for website developers and looked through the people who designed other prominent personal trainers’ websites. They looked the same, so I knew that I needed to do something that my industry hadn’t done. I looked up Squarespace website developers and searched in New York City because I wanted to talk with the developer in person. Dylan was one of the first three that popped up. I found that he's based in New York City, so that put me at ease. I wanted to interview him to see if it would be a good match because I based my decision on a lot of factors such as relatability and emotional intelligence.

I spent between $10,000–$13,000 on the project, which included business cards, logo design, the website, and updates every couple of months after the launch.

They worked on this project between February 2018–April.

People go to click on the platform expecting it to be another personal trainer website. Once people click on it, they're wowed and call the platform legitimate. The website makes people want to read more and the content’s compelling. Everybody says that the website looks high-end, which makes sense with my price point. Once I started putting prices on the website, I haven’t had any pushback.

How did Lovably perform from a project management standpoint?

Their communication was excellent. I sent an email and he shot it right back. At the time, he hadn’t built out his team, so I was impressed with the turnaround time. If you’re someone who wants a project done immediately, slow your roll because Lovably takes the time to understand what you want and your market. Dylan told me the budget constraints at each step of the project. He split the payments so that I could make the payments quickly.

Their turnaround time was impressive. He will measure everything five times and then go to work. Once he starts to build the site, their turnaround time is ridiculous. He takes interest in getting to know who you are as a client so that he can deliver what works best for you.

No, not that I can think of. I don’t like to just give glowing recommendations, but I can’t think of anything.

Know what you want so that Lovably can give it to you. If you’re coming to appease everyone, it will be a frustrating process. Dylan asks questions in the initial questionnaire because it contributes to building and designing your website.

Overall Score He has ridiculously high EQ and is exceedingly intelligent.
    We never had an issue with scheduling.
    He was a little pricey, but I’d also never invested that much in one shop before.
    He delivered what he said he would in a timely fashion. His communication was excellent.
    I’ve recommended him to at least five or six people.

Web Design for Custom Wood Flooring Company

“Both the technical and aesthetic expertise was clear from the start.”

May - July 2019

Lovably reworked a product catalog in Squarespace for an interiors company. Additionally, they worked out existing formatting glitches on the site for increased usability and intuitiveness.

Brand & Marketing Manager, The Hudson Company

Effectively collaborating in both in-persona and remote settings, the team delivered a clean, visually appealing site that’s functioned properly without major glitches. Their willingness to work closely with their client to accurately understand the requirements of the space added value.

I’m the brand and marketing manager of a wood flooring, paneling, and beams company. We’re located in New York.

What challenge were you trying to address with Lovably?

We needed a little extra expertise while reformatting our Squarespace site with some new pages.

We have a fairly complex catalog of products that we were redoing to introduce new products. Our team decided that we wanted to completely overhaul how our products are listed on the site. We hired them to implement our designs onto the page. Additionally, we had a few small formatting glitches that we were unsure about. So, we asked them to look into those in order to fix them.

I worked exclusively with Dylan (Owner & Designer, Lovably).

How did you come to work with Lovably?

We found them through a Google search while looking for local web design companies that specialized and Squarespace. After looking through a few of them, we reached out to Lovably to see if they could help.

We spent about $1,000 on the project.

The project lasted from May–July 2019.

He accomplished the vision we wanted. That’s been consistent, and we haven’t experienced any technical issues since he completed his work. Everything is complete and looking great.

How did Lovably perform from a project management standpoint?

We met in person a few times, and he worked remotely when face-to-face meetings were not necessary. He was very responsive, clear, and helpful throughout the whole process. We communicated mostly over email when we couldn’t meet in person. He was hands-on and clear in helping me understand how to navigate the space, providing insight on how to solve future problems.

I found Dylan to be straightforward, clear, and knowledgeable about website design. Both the technical and aesthetic expertise was clear from the start. I was completely satisfied with the work and would hire them again if we ever get the chance.

I can’t think of anything because we didn’t have any issues throughout the process.

Everything is straightforward. Reach out to them and be clear about your needs.

It was totally reasonable.

Website Development in Squarespace for Music Composer

“They struck an impressive balance between being professional and personable.”

Lovably customized and developed a Squarespace website for a music composer. The project initially involved getting the site up and running, but they also implemented new changes in a later update.

Spencer Hutchings
Composer & Music Producer, Spencer David Hutchings Music

Lovably’s efforts have been met with thorough appreciation and high acclaim. The site was completed on time and is consistently complimented for its professionalism, user-friendliness, and overall aesthetic appearance. Customers can expect a friendly team that gets the job done.

I'm a composer and music producer. I focus mainly in the film world, but I do commercial and theater as well. I run my own business in upstate New York.

What challenge were you trying to address with Lovably?

I realized I was at a point career-wise where I needed to brand and make an imprint in social media. I needed professional web design services on Squarespace.

They customized my Squarespace website from top to bottom. I provided several assets for them to use in creating the site, but they developed everything. Initially, they did one big push to get the site up and running, and I've been back for some touchups on new ideas that I've had since then.

I had one main point of contact on this project.

How did you come to work with Lovably?

After performing a Google search, I reached out to a few different companies that were promoting themselves as Squarespace abled designers. They got back to me quickly and they ended up being the only company that was pleasant to interact with. Everything they said was right and it all lined up beautifully.

I invested $800-$900 to get the site up and running, and the touchups they provided cost less than $300.

We worked together for one month in 2016, and again briefly in 2018.

Without the website, I would only be getting a fraction of the work I've been getting recently. I've had a lot of actors and producers comment on how good the website looks and how good the landing page image is. It's been a pretty noticeable improvement on my business.

Recently, I switched agencies to a big Hollywood composer agency, and my new agent also commented on how easy the site is to navigate and how professional the navigation has been.

How did Lovably perform from a project management standpoint?

They were really good, and we jived really well. They were responsive, totally organized, and very personable. They dealt and received constructive criticism well, too. To top it all off, the work was top-notch. I'll definitely continue going to them.

They struck an impressive balance between being professional and personable. If I ever needed something small, they would do it without charging me, just to be nice. I loved their balance between maintaining professionalism but also being down to earth.

No, I can't think of anything. They get nothing but high remarks from me.

My advice is to lay out your vision, and they'll either help you achieve it or explain why it's not realistic. I just took my own experience and drew on that. You can communicate clearly with them and they'll get back to you on how to reasonably make that happen.

Bronze