Location is Knowledge

LoKnow is a marketing-tech and data company from Edmonton, with offices in Vancouver, Calgary, and presence in Winnipeg and Toronto. We build the most efficient digital advertising campaigns imaginable using our proprietary technology platforms, provide deep-data services, and paid digital media services like PPC, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Spotify, Youtube, Programmatic, and Amazon’s DSP, among many more.

We know your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and that’s why you won’t find any cookie-cutter campaigns with us. We love the challenge of tweaking our custom-built Hyper, Harvest, and Comprehensive Digital Advertising platforms to create one-of-a-kind campaigns for you. These platforms can and will manage your whole ecosystem within the digital advertising world. We custom tailor each service and strategy to your specific goal. Looking for awareness? Clicks? Conversions? We’re here to help.

Contact us today for a free consultation or coffee, we’d love to connect!

Vancouver, Canada
  • 800 - 333 Seymour St
    Vancouver, BC V6B5A7

FCL COOP, Dominion Lending Centres, Papa Johns Pizza, Tommy Guns Barbers, International Golf Brand, Tourism Winnipeg,

Marketing Campaign for Utility Organization

“I had never seen such high results in all of my years working here.”

May 2019 - Ongoing

LoKnow provides digital campaign executions services for a utility company. Their work includes AI with geofencing as well as Facebook, Instagram, and Google Ads. They’ve done three campaigns thus far.

Alberta, Canada
Senior Communications Advisor, ATCO

LoKnow’s work has been exceptional. Their campaigns have yielded impressively high ROIs.  The team is thorough, professional, and engaging. Customers can expect superb results from a technically advanced vendor.

We’re a utility company and I’m a senior advisor in our marketing department.

What challenge were you trying to address with LoKnow?

I hired them to execute our digital campaign. They did a pitch that included AI, which we had never done before and were interested in trying out. It was a digital campaign, and we also did a bit of a more traditional campaign, so it was a mix.

They set everything up for us, and we gave them all of the creative elements. They planned social media posts for Facebook and Instagram. We also planned SEM, with Google display ads, which they took care of. We also did some work with Google Ads. Since then, they’ve done two more campaigns for us, and now they’re doing the same campaign this year with a couple of improvements.

My primary relationship is with the sales manager. I believe they also have a team of experts doing work on the backend.

How did you come to work with LoKnow?

I met them through a different vendor I was using. The original vendor I was working with executed a campaign, and they had a relationship with LoKnow. I approached them with campaigns I was doing and they recommended LoKnow.

We’ve spent more than $100,000.

We started working together in May 2019, and our engagement is ongoing.

With any campaign, it’s important to measure results. With this campaign, specifically, I had never seen such high results in all of my years working here. On average, 70% of people finished watching our video from start to finish, and I’ve never seen that before.

Our engagement was much higher compared to previous campaigns. Plus, our underground hits actually decreased last year during the time that the campaign was being executed, so there’s they’ve definitely played a role in educating people.

How did LoKnow perform from a project management standpoint?

On a weekly basis, they gave me a summary of how things were going. On a monthly basis, they gave me a formal report. They’ve done pretty well. My contact asks a lot of questions, so it’s clear they understand the project and what I’m looking for. They do really well in managing my expectations and checking-in. The team has been really good with communication throughout the campaign.

Their technology stands out. They use geofencing to target based on the user’s device ID, which is what they used for our campaign and it turned out to be a big success. We were able to geofence the areas our target audience which helped a lot. Only a few other vendors in Canada have that geofencing license, so it’s a really standout technology benefit that we have access to.

I don’t know. My experience with them has always been really good and have given me everything I’ve asked for. They’re not pushy and they only sell me what I need.

My advice is to just listen to them. Hear them out because they’ll help you target what you need to target. Anyone can run a Facebook or Google ad and hope for the best, but they’ll actually look at your spend, engagement, and medium to make sure you reach your goal. They’re worth it.

Usually if it’s not done by the day we agreed on, it’s my fault. They’re always willing to help.
    They always work towards your budget. If I give them $1,000, they’ll use it efficiently.
    You have to be perfect to get a five from me.

Digital Media Buying for Brand Strategy Company

"They’re very knowledgeable about their industry, and I always feel like they know more than I do."

June 2017 - Ongoing

LoKnow leads digital media buying efforts for large and small third-party clients, leveraging their unique proprietary data tools to identify target markets and their preferred digital media channels.

Geoff Hardwicke
Managing Director of Marketing Communications, TRGR

Their work has increased engagement and conversions. As a digital media buying partner, LoKnow continues to provide top-class client services using their extensive, data-driven expertise. The team is flexible and obliging, easily adapting to changes and adjusting their plans accordingly.

TRGR Communications and Design is a full-service communication and advertising agency that specializes in brand strategy and execution. I am the managing director.

What challenge were you trying to address with LoKnow?

We’ve brought them on for a number of clients. Our team works with clients to identify their main challenges from a marketing perspective and we partnered with LoKnow for digital media buying.

LoKnow works with us on large clients, such as a barbershop and a power company, as well as on smaller clients, such as a recreational center and a glass insurance company.

They partner with us to determine the target market during the strategy phase by informing and fleshing out the personas and identifying their preferred digital media channels. With smaller clients, LoKnow just helps us with the deployment and execution of campaigns through digital media channels.

My main points of contact are Vikram (President & Founder) and Cam (Director of Strategy & Sales). We also work with three of their account leads. Sometimes we bring on another teammate to talk to clients about different IT elements. All in all, we’ve dealt with 8–10 teammates.

How did you come to work with LoKnow?

I was working at another company when I met Vikram. He had just started his business and we brought him on to work with us on one of our clients. When I came to TRGR, we decided that it didn’t make strategic sense to have media planning and buying presence in our company because we couldn’t compete with the big multinational businesses. So, we decided to partner with a company that did that type of work on a daily basis.

I knew that LoKnow would be the perfect digital media partner because they have a unique view of digital marketing and buy the media themselves. Because they started as a data company, they control the data themselves and have proprietary tools that allow them to harvest particular target groups.

We started working with them in the summer of 2017 and our engagement is ongoing.

We’ve been really happy with their work and we've seen a visible increase in engagement, harvesting of IP addresses, and conversions.

How did LoKnow perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management style is very hands-on. Because they’re in the technical world, they’re always willing to explain concepts to our account team and clients if need be. They often prefer to do so.

We have regular meetings. Depending on the project, they join us for monthly status or briefing meetings. Often, we bring them in to present the media, and other times we white-label the projects. It all depends on the type of project. They’re very flexible no matter our methods.

What we love about them is their client service and their ability to pivot on a dime for us. Most of our clients are in the retail world so there are frequent changes to schedules and projects, but LoKnow has been incredibly accommodating.

They make us smarter and are always on top of the trends and latest industry news, sending us updates whenever they can. They’re also data-driven and can sit across the table from our clients’ IT specialists. They’re very knowledgeable about their industry, and I always feel like they know more than I do which doesn’t happen often. It’s refreshing.

Because of their growth, one thing they do grapple with is being able to turn on a dime, especially because we’re not their only clients. There’s a heavy reliance on the leadership team just because Vikram and Cam are really good. It doesn’t bother me right now, but I can see that as they continue to grow, we might see less of them. Other than that, they’ve been an awesome partner.

They’re very knowledgeable, but don’t just take my word for it; definitely make it a point to meet the team. Make sure you understand how they harvest data which is one of the most interesting aspects of their business. I would put them up against any digital firm and would recommend hem to anyone.

Social Media Marketing for Cannabis Company

"Their transparency differentiates them from other providers."

October 2019 - Ongoing

LoKnow supports media buying efforts by purchasing Facebook advertisements as well as helping stakeholders navigate restrictions and compliance in the cannabis industry.

Digital Marketing Manager, Cannabis Company

It's been a successful partnership driven by practical, realistic KPIs. LoKnow has a timely workflow complemented by an accessible communication style. They've offered valuable insight that has helped to guide best practices in the industry. The specialists are invested in internal stakeholders' success.

We are a hospitality and cannabis group. We do herbal cannabis along with a national licensed cannabis chain with stores across Canada as well. My role is digital marketing manager, and I advise on our digital marketing strategy.

What challenge were you trying to address with LoKnow?

We brought them on for Facebook ad buys, and they also helped us navigate media buying in the cannabis space as there are a lot of restrictions in that industry.

They mainly help with media buying. They also help us by advising the creative work we do to make sure it’s compliant and going to get good click-through rates.

I mainly speak with Kyle (Manager) and he works mostly with Michelle (Coordinator). They’ll also loop in Stephen (Supervisor).

How did you come to work with LoKnow?

At another agency I’d worked with, the media buying was outsourced to LoKnow.

We’ve invested somewhere around $30,000 to $50,000 with the team so far.

I’ve been working with LoKnow for six months, and the engagement is ongoing.

Before we take off on a campaign, we’ll establish our goals and KPIs. Then, we work backward to determine what’s realistic. The KPIs change on a campaign basis because they don’t do our PPC. So, there are a lot more moving targets involved. Sometimes it’s click-through rates and sometimes it’s website traffic.

How did LoKnow perform from a project management standpoint?

I’ve really enjoyed working with them. I continue to work with them as I switch companies because their communication is very good. They meet deadlines, and I feel like I can reach out to them anytime. They are always sharing and encouraging us to keep improving our ads.

Their transparency differentiates them from other providers. This is especially important in the media buying space. Also, LoKnow focuses on looking for mutual success.

I can’t think of anything they could improve on — they tick all the boxes on our end.

You should make sure you’re working with them to set KPIs to ensure your campaigns are as successful as possible.

They’ve never delivered anything late.
    I like their pricing model. I like how it’s based on ad spend and there are no retainers involved.
    They offer great service. They’re very easy to work with.
    Their one of the best agencies I’ve worked with.

Digital Marketing for Cancer Research Company

“They’re leading the way in digital communications.”

Sept. 2017 - Ongoing

LoKnow provides digital marketing services for a nonprofit. In addition to creating content and managing social media and Google Ads, they use geotargeting to connect with specific areas.

Weston Jacques
Executive Director, Evict Radon

LoKnow has had a major impact on sales in the regions they target. As a result, they’re a valuable resource and provide a significant return on investment. Led by solid management, the team is trustworthy and reliable.

The organization is called Evict Radon. I started it with a cancer researcher and since then, we developed it from a radon awareness campaign in Canada into it’s organization. We’re a nonprofit. I’m the executive director.

What challenge were you trying to address with LoKnow?

They manage all of our social media targeted advertising as well as any specific hyper ads and geotargeted ads.

They’re placing the ads and creating the content. I have my own digital team that puts together the creative, or I’ll send them templates and they optimize it for what they need. We work hand in hand for the copy. I trust them because they’re the experts but I know what message I want to get across, and they just tweak it for the audiences we’re trying to reach. When we started as a nonprofit, we were able to get a Google Ad grant, so they manage all of the nonprofit digital advertising we do.

How did you come to work with LoKnow?

I worked with them at my previous company for all of our digital marketing, so I brought them over to work with us here. I met them when they were relatively new, and through my old boss. They gave us a pitch, and we brought them on immediately.

I spent $10,000 the first and second year, and doubled it recently. So, in total, we’ve spent about $40,000.

I’ve worked with them every fall since September 2017.

Absolutely, they’ve made an impact on our site traffic.  I can easily track where our sales are coming from, and I see a spike in the area that LoKnow has targeted. They’re great at putting together a final report or debrief documents. They’re good at giving suggestions on how we can do things differently and improve. They reach out and are definitely the experts in this space.

How did LoKnow perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re great. Cam (Director), specifically, has been fantastic. I know I can trust them. I have a lean team and work with a lot of freelancers, so it’s great that I can task off our digital advertising. I know that we’re getting our money’s worth.

They’re leading the way in digital communications. In the industry that I’m in, nobody is doing what we do. I can pass that all off to LoKnow in terms of how we’re optimizing our digital advertising. I love working with the because I can see how the ads are performing, who they’re reaching, and how that impacts sales.

It’s difficult to critique anything they’ve done. I’ve been really happy with our partnership.

The key piece is understanding what position you’re in and working with them collaboratively to come up with the best solution. So, just take ownership of your goals and collaborate with them.

Overall Score I love this team.
    They’re really good at accommodating my requests.
    As a nonprofit, it’s important for us to get results from what we spend, so it’s huge that we can see what the results are.
    I wouldn’t keep working with them if they didn’t deliver what they promised.
    I’ve helped anyone looking for a digital marketing company to get a meeting with them.

Digital Marketing for Real Estate & Investment Firm

“Their presentations of the results, whether it was after a campaign or on a regular basis, was very effective.”

Apr. 2017 - Feb. 2020

LoKnow provided marketing services as a third party for a firm’s several clients. They created and ran targeted advertisements and worked on social media marketing campaigns.

Travis Callaway
Managing Director, Private Equity

For the most part, the impact of LoKnow’s work was evident in the client’s success. Although a more proactive approach would have enhanced the work, their willingness to interact regularly and welcome feedback made them a great partner.

I’m the managing director of Private Equity with Strategic Group, a real estate and investment firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with LoKnow?

We’ve hired them for a few of our clients for marketing services.

Using their geofencing technology, they helped target advertisements toward select consumers for each of our clients. Their team also created these ads for us. They also provided SEO support and other related marketing services, as well. They ran Google Ads efforts but primarily focused on social media marketing.

We worked with about six members of their team across the different projects.

How did you come to work with LoKnow?

We had an existing relationship with one of their directors, so that’s how we came to work with them.

We spent in the range of $75,000–$100,00 CAD (approximately $54,000–$71,900 USD).

We worked together roughly between April 2017–February 2020.

With one client, we definitely saw an increase in the metrics we were tracking between lead generation, site traffic, and sales conversions. For some other clients, the tangible business results were hard to say because of the nature of the work.

How did LoKnow perform from a project management standpoint?

They performed very well. They were timely in their responses whenever we have questions. They were also responsive to any ideas we had.

Their presentations of the results, whether it was after a campaign or on a regular basis, was very effective. I appreciated their approach to that because it’s very efficient.

They could be a bit more proactive in their recommendations about what clients should be doing. Rather than addressing things we brought up, it would have been better if they showed more expertise through those suggestions.

Be real about your expectations and communicate them openly. In my experience, they were highly responsive to our questions and ideas, but you have to be clear about what you’re looking for.

Overall Score No relationship is perfect since there is always room for improvement. More proactiveness would have been good.
    This was never any type of issue.
    They were entirely reasonable and transparent.
    Everything they said they were going to do, they did. However, all the results weren’t there.
    I’m very likely to recommend them to any other business.

Digital Marketing for Real Estate Investment Firm

"They’re very timely in their responsiveness to our concerns."

Q3 2017 - Feb. 2020

LoKnow provided digital marketing services for a variety of businesses, including SEO, Google Ads, and SMM. In addition to that, they created content for each of those projects.

Travis Callaway
Managing Director of Private Equity, Strategic Group

While LoKnow’s work had a great impact on one of the businesses, it’s difficult to measure the success for the others. The team was incredibly responsive and was able to guide their partners in the right direction. However, they could be more proactive. Overall, though, they’re recommended.

I’m the managing director of private equity with Strategic Group. We’re a real estate and investment firm and I work with the non-real estate investment opportunities.

What challenge were you trying to address with LoKnow?

We’ve hired them for digital marketing with three of the businesses in our portfolio.

Specifically, we’re using their geofencing technology to target advertisements to select consumers for the different businesses. And then to also general SEO services, Google Ads, and SMM as well. They did effectively everything for us, including content creation.

We worked with five members in various capacities.

How did you come to work with LoKnow?

We had a previous business relationship.

We spent about $100,000 CAD

We started working together in September 2017 and wrapped up in February 2020.

For one of our businesses, it made a huge difference, but for the other two businesses, it’s a little difficult to track.

How did LoKnow perform from a project management standpoint?

In my opinion, they performed very well.

They’re very timely in their responsiveness to our concerns. That really distinguishes them from other providers we’ve partnered with. The presentation of their results, whether it’s after a campaign as part of their ongoing service, was done effectively and efficiently.

Maybe they could be more proactive in their recommendations rather than addressing what their clients bring up as ideas. In my opinion, we would hire experts that should come up with more unique ideas.

Go into this engagement with real expectations about what you’re looking for and communicate that at the outset. In my opinion, they’re hyper-responsive to questions.

That was never an issue.
    They were reasonable and transparent about what we were getting for our money.
    The quality of their work was great, but we didn’t get all the results we were looking for.
    I would absolutely recommend them.