Best Apps & Developers

Logicspice is a leading mobile app development company in United States and India.

With 11+ years of experience, At LogicSpice, we believe in providing intelligent and practical web and mobile app solutions according to the given budget and size of operations. We offer end to end web and apps development services which enhance your brand presence on the web. Our skilled team is completely devoted to offer convenient, quality, innovative and timely services to all our clients. Logicspice has designed & developed more than 1200 software & mobile apps.

We provide solutions such as:

• Web Development

• 8, Indira Nagar, Opp. Gopalpura turn,Tonk Road
    Jaipur 302018

Online Food Ordering web - Logicspice

Taxi booking App - Logicspice

we develop Taxi booking application : https://www.logicspice.com/case-study/yataxi/

Neighbor Chain Web - logicspice

Social Securites app - Logicspice

Utrack APP/ Class and Event Sheduling app

"Utrack” app that will scoping for “Video Sharing Apps (Android & iPhone)” that will facilitate users to upload and share videos over the apps. This apps will facilitate users to register and login also using Facebook and Google accounts. They will be able to edit their profile details over apps. They will be able to record videos and their location will be tracked using GPS. They can upload videos (in .mp4 format) from their devices over apps which will be automatically uploaded over the apps. They can watch videos uploaded by other users over apps and can play those videos over apps. Users can then also send link of the videos to the emergency contacts with location of the recorded video as watermark. They can also download the videos over app by paying a specific amount by integrated payment gateway (PayPal). Further users will also be able to view items listed by admin for selling...

LocalGenii App - logicspice

Marketplace Application for Android & ios - Logicspice

logicspice develop marketplace app : https://www.logicspice.com/case-study/martgram-app/

Cloud Based SaaS Software Solution for Healthcare

"They have a very fast response time—always less than 24 hours, even with the time shift in India."

Feb. 2016 - Jan. 2017

Logicspice Consultancy built a cloud-based, SaaS, electronic data management system. They worked off of a detailed software design document and tested each component and page as it was implemented.

Buckeye, Arizona
Karla Cain
Owner, Sattvic Sage Solutions, LLC

The system is the first of its kind in the USA and Ayurvedic Practitioners subscribe instantly after seeing a demo. Logicspice Consultancy provided rapid responses, often in less than a day, and developed a custom pricing plan. They’re quick to incorporate feedback.

I’m the sole owner of an I.T. software solution for the practice of Ayurvedic medicine, a holistic healthcare system.

What challenge were you trying to address with Logicspice Consultancy Pvt Ltd.?

I needed someone to build my SaaS platform for me.

They built a Ayurvedic Medical Records Electronic Data Management System. It’s cloud-based, SaaS solution that keeps track of client information and allows Ayurvedic practitioners to create Client Profiles, complete Client Intake, Suggest Treatments and also stores data into a document system to go back to compare treatments and symptoms. It didn’t exist in the USA when I started practicing, so I created it based on the functionality I wanted all practitioners to have.

To get a quote, they wanted to see a software design plan, so we put together a 250 to 300-page document that detailed the functionality we wanted, as well as each and every page. We also developed a mock mainframe or site for them to understand the type of navigation pages we wanted. We went back and forth and clarified every space and every comma until it was all finalized.

They started the procedure by creating a testing link. I had to provide them with graphics to let them know exactly what type of colors and fonts I wanted, and every detail I wanted to see on the screen when I logged in—pictures and the like. We would test the functionality on each page as we went, and then we did final testing once the entire system was done. After completing and full-testing they uploaded it. We had to find our host and get our own SRS certificates and encryption. Even though we’re done, they’ll still correct typos and make changes quickly for me.

We had a project manager.

How did you come to work with Logicspice Consultancy Pvt Ltd.

I was looking for a someone to put together my solution in a non-typical way. I wanted to avoid plain, block colors in favor of a bit of graphic aesthetic. An acquaintance had used Logicspice to build his app and it looked nice and sleek and had a really nice design. We got about six quotes done ranging from India, and the U.S., to Brazil and Italy. Logicspice’s quote won out.

We worked together starting in February 2016 and I continue to use them for any version updates I would like to add.

The platform is the first of its kind in the United States. I have customers in Ayurvedic field that are dazzled by it. Every time I do a live demo for someone, they subscribe because they're just floored by its functionality. I can say that Logicspice really did a great job. There were maybe two times when I clicked a link and I didn't see it functioning correctly, and within hours they’d corrected it. Ever since then, I haven’t had any bugs at all.

Once the clarifications were done, they were able to build whatever functionality I wanted it to have. There was nothing that they came back to me with and said they couldn’t make that happen. That being said, when other practitioners see its functionality, they're blown away by how it's so tailored to the Ayurvedic practice

How did Logicspice Consultancy Pvt Ltd. perform from a project management standpoint?

They have a very fast response time—always less than 24 hours, even with the time shift in India. Our project manager was quick with answers. If we weren’t able to communicate something over email, we Skyped or had a Zoom call to clarify what didn’t come through in writing. They always notified us if they had any holidays as well and wouldn’t be able to get back to us right away.

We decided on a phase-based payment plan and mapped out the pages and functionalities that each would include. Every milestone then had an associated payment. The only issue was the difference in language, which necessitated a lot of follow-up regarding details like punctuation and differences in Hindi or Sanskrit characters and Arabic characters.

They’re response time stood out. Every request we made was taken care of immediately.

They could work on their consistency. If I made a request on one page—like inserting a semi-colon—I couldn’t ask them to update that throughout the solution wherever it was needed. I had to point out each and every situation where it was needed.

Be well-prepared with their software design document, make it very detailed. The good news is that if the details are missing, they'll come back at you with a question. That's how these clarifications went back and forth. They’ll likely have the best price and beat out any other quote too.

They have a great response time and they always meet deadlines.
    They’re the best quote on the market and across the planet, actually. We took quotes from five countries.
    The half point was taken off for them needing a lot of input from me. But, again, it's jut the language difference.
    I’m very likely to refer them.

Web App Dev for Royalty Program Company

"The main reason we keep working with them is their quick understanding of our business."

June 2013 - Ongoing

After being brought on to perform critical maintenance work, Logicspice spearheaded a platform redevelopment. They now provide a variety of development services including mobile apps and new features.

Belgium
Peter Brysse
Managing Director, Attent

Logicspice’s technical expertise and ability to transform needs and requests into realized programming has led to their promotion to ongoing partner. Their focus on team consistency has allowed them to build up institutional knowledge which increases both project and onboarding efficiency.

I’m the Managing Director of Attent, a loyalty and rewards program. We started out with the fulfillment of rewards and gifts but we now offer communication services, IT platforms, and IT support.

What challenge were you trying to address with Logicspice?

Before Logicspice, we working with single person operation. They weren’t available at a moment when we were in crisis so I looked for someone else to do some maintenance on an existing platform.

Originally, they had to add some functions to our member platform that we offer to customers: a Magento e-commerce platform with storefront templates and custom product assortments. A lot of our functions are very finely interlinked with each other so they needed to be very careful. They started by scoping our current system and then making the required changes we had discussed. We've also developed a lot of different systems and applications – not only for us but also for some customers of ours.

We’re currently working with them on both maintenance of different systems and developing the bulk of our new applications. We work with them on anything that’s related to our platform or mobile applications. I would say that we do 90%—95% of our development with them.

Our account manager is our single point of contact, but we see a lot of people working in the background.

How did you come to work with Logicspice?

I found them on a search on Freelancer. For that first project, I needed someone who could adopt our technology and way of thinking quickly. After that, we saw that they pointed out a lot of things we weren’t aware of, which made us want to partner with them going forward.

We’ve spent between €50,000—€80,000 ($58,613—$93,780 USD) per year. It depends a bit on what kind of projects we have and what our customers request though.

We’ve been working together since June 2013.

We’ve been pleasantly surprised over the years by their quick understanding of our business needs and how well they translate our needs into technical specs and programming. Technically speaking, we’ve never had any evidence that they’re anything but top-notch

How did Logicspice perform from a project management standpoint?

Though we do have some communication with other team members, most of it goes through our account manager. This ensures that I don’t lose any time re-explaining what we’re doing or who we are. This has led to them compiling business acumen over the years which allows new team members to understand who we are quickly.

We have almost daily contact on both large and small points and get progress reports. They develop using a software that allows us to test and monitor as we go, which lets us see the building blocks being prepared and getting stacked on top of one another. All of this empowers us to make changes and alterations as we go and has contributed to them always being on time and on budget.

The main reason we keep working with them is their quick understanding of our business. Whenever a customer asks for something new they can translate it, scope it, and make a detailed proposal for us quickly. We were a bit nervous going with an international firm, but they’re not a typical code machine. They’ve proven themselves to be a real partner.

There’s nothing at this moment. We’re very satisfied with the cooperation. I think the best reference we can give is that we’re still working with them on a daily basis after five years. We’ve been nothing but satisfied so far.

Web & App Dev Applications for Media Consultancy

"They were a spot-on team and did great work. I was very satisfied with them."

Mar. 2016 - Ongoing

Logicspice developed an Android and iOS app for a stealth personal security app, and created a mobile counterpart to host the video content recorded for users. They also published the app on the App Stores.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Chuck Patel
Founder, Raleigh Startup Solutions

The app is exceptional, and works as expected from the original development plans. The users have reported mainly positive feedback. Communication was efficient and never lacking, even with the different time zones. The team was spot-on with the budget and overall project timeline.

I’m the founder of a media consultant company. We do everything from digital marketing, advertising, graphic design, web applications, and web design. Recently in the past several years, we’ve started getting into the creation of mobile apps.

What challenge were you trying to address with Logicspice.

Our team is quite small at 7 people on-board, and we have to utilize all of them to make a web application. We had to put all our resources into that, and didn’t have the bandwidth internally for the task. It made more sense to outsource the creation of our first app to another company.

They developed a personal security application for Android and iOS. It records from a camera what's going on in the area with a blank screen and uploads that information to their server for protection. It was for stealth recording and 1 of the first we’ve seen. It’s half-web and half-mobile. It shows the videos that are uploaded from users and categorizes them for display on the website.

We didn’t provide them a wireframe. However, before the coding began we had a plan for how we wanted everything done. There were quite a few changes made along the way, and they were very accommodating towards them. Their team provided the first design with a lot of our ideas and concepts, and then we modified it and moved along from there.

For Android, there were no problems as they don’t have that much oversight. But with Apple’s App Store, it was tricky. We had to make some changes and shrink down the camera preview and modify the app in a manner which Apple was satisfied, and let us onto the market.

I’ve mostly worked with our project manager. I would also communicate with their lead coding engineer to discuss specific details on the coding and what we were trying to do.

How did you come to work with Logicspice?

I found them through an online search. I was considering about 10 other development teams, but factored in things like price, their team size, and turnaround time. For our initial meeting, they showed me their portfolio including applications and websites they had done. They seemed to be of high quality and I appreciated them. So I thought that was a good fit for us.

Around $10,000–12,500.

We began working together in March 2016, and the engagement is ongoing.

The app works as expected. We’re happy with it and very satisfied. It's a slowly growing app, but everyone that uses it seems to like it. For the most part, any kind of negative feedback is functionality based. Since the first app was made, we’ve returned twice for additional work.

They still help with the maintenance of the server for updates and our involved in the project. We’re planning on making some changes to the app which they will be in charge of as well.

How did Logicspice perform from a project management standpoint?

They were great. Even though we're on different time zones, I would message them before I'd leave work and I would have a response the next morning. We had a few hours of overlap time when everyone was awake and working where we could communicate, so that was great. Our project manager was a very punctual guy and responded almost always within 24 hours. He was also available to chat on WhatsApp if I needed them.

They launched the end product on their test servers, which saved us a good bit of money and allowed us to get a good look and feel for the app before we went live on our servers. They were very prompt, quick, and stuck closely to the timelines they provided. Any delays were a result of changes that I wanted to make, but otherwise they were spot on with the timeline and pricing.

No, they were an incredible team and did great work. I was very satisfied with them.

To look through the work of the development teams you’re considering and see how easy or complicated it was, as well as how many people they can allocate towards your project.

I did find some cheaper people but, I don't know if I would have gotten as good of care or as quality of a project.
    I already have referred them and people have used them.

App Dev for Delivery Services Startup

“[T]heir team was ready to take on new challenges and new ideas."

Oct. 2016 - Present

Logicspice developed an app for a delivery services startup, refining the wireframes and specifying the coding for the backend and frontend. The app includes maps, messaging, and integrated payment systems.

Middlebury, Vermont
Cofounder, Delivery Services Startup

Logicspice produced a high-quality app featuring all the required elements, with competitive pricing and deadlines. They were adaptable and learned new techniques and methods to meet the needs of the project, rising to challenges and communicating well through a single, main contact person.

We’re a delivery service startup app. I’m the president and co-founder.

What challenge were you trying to address with Logicspice?

We needed to find someone to develop the app because my co-founder and I had limited experience in coding.

Logicspice developed map services, messaging, and payment in the app for both iOS and Android, as well as a back end admin portal. They were very accommodating to some new ideas and worked out how they could be implemented.

From what I understand Logicspice doesn’t require for a client to have wireframes, but we did have extensive wireframes. They helped us refine those and specify what that would mean for the backend and frontend coding, as well as what we would be paying them for.

For the payment gateway implementation, I put together a detailed plan about how the APIs would work and what the situations and cases would be for different calls and procedures. We had them follow that plan. They learned a lot about how that system worked along the way. I asked them recently to change the timing of some of the checkout procedures and they were able to do that without a problem because they’d learned so much about it.

My point of contact is Manish, the director of Logicspice. We go back and forth with proposal documents, revisions, update documents, and testing revisions of what new work has been done. If there’s an issue that's not just getting resolved via there document exchange communications, which is rare, then we schedule a Skype meeting. Manish and a couple of developers will be on the call.

How did you come to work with Logicspice?

I found them on Freelancer.com. We posted a project request and received hundreds of responses. I narrowed down the list by looking at their previous work to see if there were similar apps. I contacted my top five teams for their price and timeline. Logicspice offered very good prices for a very good level of quality shown in similar previous apps. There were others with similar previous apps of outstanding quality, but the prices were higher, and some with lower quality but also good prices. Logicspice was the best value propostion for our project. Furthermore, by inserting myself heavilty into the testing and revision process, we were able to get a finished product of oustanding quality with Manish and his team.

The overall cost when the app is completed will be between $12,000 and $15,000.

We started working with them in October 2016. We planned to have the app launched in September, but we wanted to make a few changes to get it working exactly how we envisioned. There were features I thought would be impossible to implement until later, but we were able to include those which pushed our launch date back. I’m happy that we’re taking that extra time because it’s turning into a really great product.

Right now the app is functioning outstanding. It looks clean and professional and is running smoothly. That is a result of Manish, their team, and our team all working in collaboration. They implemented what we wanted appropriately and successfully including the use of unorthodox methods and services that they had to learn just for this project.

I test any milestone that is completed, and there often are bugs or things that need to be tweaked which is normal. I type up a list and give examples with screenshots. Logicspice get those requests taken care of as soon as they can. It does take time for me to do the testing, but I would be doing it no matter who was developing the app.

How did Logicspice perform from a project management standpoint?

They've consistenly delivered on time, and are consistently in communication. The time zone difference between the US and India works out well, because I will test during the day and evenings, then give them a response before I go to bed. They immediately get my response in the morning over there, and give me an updated version to test by the time they head home for the day. That means when I wake up, I can start testing again! When we first started testing this process, I felt there were some language issues. When I would say something after testing, we would go back and forth about it only to find out they hadn’t understood my first correspondence. That only happened a few times in the beginning and then we figured out how to make sure we understand each other. Manish speaks great English and understands me and I understand all of his responses and reports. If there are grammar issues in the code, I just let them know and they fix it.

The project has been a very pleasant surprise. We went into the project hoping that with mutual effort, testing, feedback, and time, that we would be able to get it working as well as possible. It turns out that with that added effort and time, we’ve been able to make an app that works pretty flawlessly. We came in hoping to get a minimum viable product (MVP) for a competitive price, and in fact, we’re going to be getting a really excellent, professional quality product.

We got something better because their team was ready to take on new challenges and new ideas when it came to the new payment gateway implementation. When I was finalizing plans for the payment system, I thought we would want to use a payment gateway specialist developer. But I asked Manish if his team would feel comfortable doing it, and he said they’d be willing to do it and gave us a price, and they really did well with it. They’ve been able to take on new things with competitive pricing and great communication.

Overall Score They turned out to be even better than I thought.

Web & App Dev for Agriculture Merchant Platform

“If their team thought that we didn’t have the right approach, they came up with alternate solutions.”

Aug. - Mar. 2016

Logicspice built the MVP for an e-commerce solution that allows multiple merchants to process orders. The team built a native Android app and developed the backend of the web platform.

Geneva, Switzerland
CEO, BeeLand Sàrl

Logicspice’s CEO made client satisfaction a priority. The team built a stable platform within a reasonable budget, showing expertise in producing MVPs. Logicspice did well in terms of project management and written communication. However, having video calls could help them resolve issues faster.

I am the CEO of a newly created company called BeeLand. We’re putting together a multi-merchant website in the local agriculture space, including artisans and startups. We offer a solution for managing relationships and processing client orders. Our website is similar to Grubhub. I don’t want to give too much information about it because few people are applying this concept to our domain.

What challenge were you trying to address with Logicspice?

We had an existing website script that didn’t fit our needs. It had to be modified in accordance with Swiss added-value tax laws, which are quite complex. We also faced a few challenges in designing the solution. For example, the app had to manage different order types and packaging. We needed to find the right algorithm for ensuring that merchants packaged products correctly.

Logicspice came up with an interesting offer for a new website and assigned 1 developer to work on it. They also created an app using a separate resource person. They created the backend and the initial design. The web backend uses the Yii PHP framework, with an SQL database.

Logicspice built a minimum viable product for Android. They did well in applying the right business logic to our platform. For instance, they came up with a clever setup for correctly calculating packaging and shipping costs for end clients. The native Android app was also designed to manage merchant orders. Most of our users don’t have the time to manage their orders from computer browsers. They prefer to receive orders on the go and answer clients quickly.

When it comes to SEO and marketing, we have been using a team in Switzerland. Our business plan is specific to the country and requires local knowledge.

How did you come to work with Logicspice?

A friend in Switzerland had worked with Logicspice before and mentioned them to me. I spoke to a couple of other companies, some in Ukraine, one in Afghanistan, and a couple in India. However, I liked Logicspice’s approach. They had reasonable pricing. We decided to go ahead with the Android MVP.

We started working with Logicspice in August 2016, agreed on specifications by December, and finished in March 2017. The web backend and Android MVP have been completed to our satisfaction.

We’re still preparing for our launch and working with new designers, so I can’t share any metrics. The platform is very stable, and it works according to our specifications. Logicspice has a very good debugging process.

How did Logicspice perform from a project management standpoint?

Logicspice performed reasonably well, and I was happy with the results. We worked with a project manager from Logicspice. The process was very transparent.

Our communication was always correct, and action points were always clearly explained.   Everything was done in writing, with occasional conference calls on Skype. It was very constructive. Sometimes, we needed to have more in-depth discussions with them to ensure that everything was fully understood on both sides. When they misunderstood something, they always adjusted and solved it themselves. If they were confused by what we were trying to do, or if their team thought that we didn’t have the right approach, they came up with alternate solutions for our target market. I liked that.

What did you find most impressive about Logicspice?

I liked their flexibility, especially on the part of Manish Shrimal, their CEO. Manish intervened whenever he felt that the team was not reaching goals, or if we had a misunderstanding. He always did this in a correct and professional manner. He took it upon himself to solve the issue and do it in a way that surpassed our expectations. Manish made client satisfaction a priority.

Are there any areas Logicspice could improve?

They could have picked up the phone faster at times when we experienced problems. We had the occasional burst of documents going back and forth. It would have been simpler to have a Skype call and resolve the issue immediately. We raised this concern with Logicspice, and it has been resolved.

Logicspice met deadlines for the app. We were adding new features constantly to the web platform, but they made an effort to meet our schedules.
    As long as the client is clear on the scope, and there is good communication, I can recommend Logicspice. The team is ideal for creating MVPs.

Software Dev for Online Sports Tipping Platform

" I love the look and the layout of it. It’s pretty complex under the hood, and it works very well."

Oct. 2016 - Feb. 2017

Logicspice redesigned and rebuilt a sports tipping app. Key features include credit card processing and retaining customer data. Logicspice developed in PHP and used Agile methodology.

Australia
Founder, Sports Tipping Platform

Old users love the new platform and new users have adopted it at an accelerated rate. Logicspice was always happy to go the extra mile to guarantee client satisfaction. They used streamlined communication channels and documented every interaction to keep track of feedback and comments.

I'm the founder of an online platform that hosts free tipping and sports tipping competitions. Our platform is different from DraftKings in that they are more fantasy-based while I'm more about picking and selecting the winning outcomes of different games.

What challenge were you trying to address with Logicspice?

We had an existing platform, but we wanted an upgrade. It was our first platform, and we needed a new platform rebuilt and redesigned from the ground up.

In the new platform, people can enter the competition with their credit card, and it’ll keep those details stored. Not only that, they can have a balance, similar to a betting website, where the money you win will stay in your account. You can then use that money to enter more competitions or withdraw it. They built out this feature where users can manage their winnings and easily withdraw which I can easily interact with.

The platform was done through PHP. They used an agile method to develop the platform. There’s no application, but it’s mobile-orientated, and it works extremely well on mobile.

I mainly interacted with Manish [Shrimal], the project manager. Whenever we went through the design phase, I would send my thoughts and comments, and he would send it back to their design team. He managed and oversaw everything, which was good because I didn’t have to deal with heaps of people. Every person that it went back to was in the right department, whether it’d be the developers, designers, or business analysts.

How did you come to work with Logicspice?

I found them through Freelancer.com. I put a proposal together and got about 200 bids. From that, I narrowed it down to 10. What I based it on was people with five-star ratings who had done fairly substantial, complex projects in the past for Australians (that is, I wasn’t considering people who have done basic WordPress websites) and had the right communication. Logicspice came back with an amazing proposal that was a lot more in-depth and detailed than originally put forward. It was clear that they were the people to go to.

It was around $8,000.

The project started around October last year and released mid-February this year.

The old users love how the new website looks and functions. It’s 500 million times better than what it was. I love the look and the layout of it. It’s pretty complex under the hood, and it works very well. There have been more repeat users, due to how easy it is to keep users on the platform.

How did Logicspice perform from a project management standpoint?

I was pretty fussy, taking my time on a lot of things, so that’s probably a frustration from their end, but they were great and waited throughout the whole process.

What did you find most impressive about Logicspice?

It’s always a bit of a worry engaging someone from a different country whose first language isn’t English, but their communication throughout was outstanding and brilliant. They document everything. Every time there’s any interaction or I had any queries or concerns, they would document it and break it down. If it took two or three times to work through an issue, they wouldn’t lose any of the other previous comments that they needed to follow and work out certain things, because sometimes I was right or wrong about things.

Are there any areas Logicspice could improve?

I’m so happy with them that I really can’t think of anything. Like I said, I was pretty fussy at times, but they were great. I speak highly of them to everyone who asks me about the platform and how it was built. It works brilliantly. I will definitely use them again.

Web Development for Medicinal Cannabis Site

"[I] found LogicSpice's grasp of what I wished to accomplish much superior to the others."

Oct. - Dec. 2016

LogicSpice developed a WordPress site for an informational outlet on medicinal cannabis. They designed and developed the site based off a functional spec and description of the intended vision.

Australia
CEO, Medicinal Cannabis Company

LogicSpice excels at meeting every milestone. They’re efficient, highly responsive, and they take care in understanding every detail of a project in order to perform well. Their system allows direct viewing and feedback of their progress. Natural language barriers are present, but not problematic.

I am a writer and journalist. I run an Australian web-based information service about medicinal cannabis.

What challenge were you trying to address with LogicSpice Consultancy?

The introduction of cannabis as a medicine to Australia has not proven easy. It is a complex issue with an extraordinary backstory. Even now, arguments rage about the subject. The site was intended to gather as much useful information, commentary and thought on the subject as possible to raise the standard of debate (making it a more informed one) so that those involved—patients, advocacy groups, politicians, the general public and policy-makers—had such information available to them in a single location. It has been an enormous success.

LogicSpice developed the site on WordPress. They were provided with an overall vision, functional spec and explanation of the site's intended purpose. They provided an initial design which was agreed upon and built the site from there. It is content-rich; they were building as I was completing the content for the initial site sections which I then added myself.

How did you come to work with LogicSpice Consultancy?

I posted the job on freelancer.com and had various companies approach me. I was impressed by LogicSpice's portfolio, discussed the project with 2 other companies and found LogicSpice's grasp of what I wished to accomplish much superior to the others.

I think we began work in October 2016 and the work was completed by early December. It is likely that, in the future, more work will be necessary on different but related projects and I shall ask LogicSpice to undertake it.

Milestones as per the freelancer.com system were agreed with staged payments. Money was placed in the freelancer.com escrow account and no payments were made until I was completely satisfied with the work. Project management was shared between myself and Manish at LogicSpice. Manish took great pains to understand fully my very specific and detailed specifications for the site's navigation, which is fairly complex. Regular updates were received from the company and I was able to view the site at any time on the development server as well as upload content once a section had been built. I felt this to be an excellent way of working.

How did LogicSpice Consultancy perform in terms of project management?

Excellent.

What did you find most impressive about LogicSpice Consultancy?

Speedy responsiveness to any queries that arose during the site build. Willingness to cooperate, helpfulness, technical savviness.

Are there any areas where LogicSpice Consultancy could improve?

It was clear that some in the LogicSpice team (not Manish) struggled a little with written English. However, this was quite easily overcome and was more than compensated for by technical ability.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with LogicSpice Consultancy?

These would be tips I would recommend when dealing with any company undertaking such work, not just LogicSpice. Have a clear understanding of exactly what you want. Create as detailed a functional spec as possible. Use site tree creation software such as Sothink to structure the site in detail. Share all of this information, clearly expressed, with the company you're hiring. Make absolutely sure the company understands fully your requirements. As LogicSpice does at the start of the project, obtain from the company a fully comprehensive document detailing the entire scope of work required. It's worth allocating time for as many iterations of this document as necessary to ensure both parties agree 100% what can be expected from both sides. Continually monitor work as it progresses.

Overall Score Professional, pleasant to deal with, technically excellent and excellent value for money.
    There was approximately 2 weeks’ slippage on the project which was caused by delays on my end, not at the LogicSpice end.
    Budget was agreed and adhered to.
    They did exactly what I asked them to do and what they said they would do.
    I have absolutely no complaints about this company but everything to praise them for. I would not hesitate to recommend them fully.

Web Development for Swimming Coaching Company

"There were four major milestones and they hit all of them."

Apr. 2015 - Nov. 2015

Logicspice developed a unique e-commerce website from the ground up while staying within a tight budget. They applied an iterative approach and built the site on PHP.

Denver, Colorado
Michael B.
CEO, Four Strokes Coaching

Logicspice successfully delivered a professional looking website which receives consistent increases in traffic. Assigned resources were responsive and diligent in meeting all the project requirements, including feedback, and also fixed bugs free of charge. The time difference was the only challenge.

Four Strokes Coaching is an online swim business where users can interface with an online portal and subscribe to view workouts and swim videos.

What challenge were you trying to address with Logicspice?

We needed to create an e-commerce website from scratch.

I had an idea of how I wanted the pages to look and Logicspice built the site. The customer chooses one of four swim strokes and pays $25 to access a month’s worth of content. I compiled all the information of the market research and my primary interface was Manish, the director. I would flow all of the information to him and he would disperse it among his team members. We did four or five phases where they would build a portion of the site and then Manish would communicate with me what they did and would provide me with a link to a proxy site where I could provide feedback. Once we all were fine with a phase, we would move on to the next phase.

The site is built in PHP on GoDaddy. Logicspice uploaded everything with GoDaddy and then I took control of the account. I’m managing it myself now. I pay a yearly hosting fee but if I have any questions, I ask Manish. There were some technical issues at first but we worked them out. The most unique thing on the site is a tab for a pool locator. Logicspice had to integrate a map into that page. Other companies I talked to said that they could build that same functionality but it would have cost a lot more. They offered services for marketing and search engine optimization, but I wanted to see how the site would do on its own.

How did you come to work with Logicspice?

I wanted someone who was an individual contractor that had experience in building something like this and that had a better price. I looked on Freelancer.com and reached out to a four or five people there. Some were local, but Manish could deliver everything I wanted without compromising my budget. Some of the other vendors said they couldn’t incorporate the features I wanted with my budget.

How much have you invested with Logicspice?

I spent $6,500 on the total project. Some of the other contractors wanted $12,000 for the same project and the bigger companies wanted $18,000. I got a better deal because there were no compromises on my requirements. Some of the traditional providers couldn’t do something like this because it’s not a traditional e-commerce site.

I started working with them in April 2015, and the project went live in November 2015.

They met the requirements. They didn’t compromise on anything and they incorporated all my feedback so it reflects the quality of their work. They also fixed bugs immediately free of charge. The traffic has definitely gone up and the site looks professional.

What did you find most impressive about Logicspice?

Their quick response time was impressive. When I first started with them, they were a smaller organization and were eager to pursue every opportunity they had. They still give that same attention to every customer, which really sets them apart.

Are there any areas Logicspice could improve?

Sometimes, the communication takes longer because of the time difference.

Overall Score It was good.
    They crashed the schedule on their end and I know that a couple of their guys had some long hours.
    They stuck with the initial cost estimate.
    It’s hard to have everything perfect. There were a few bugs.
    They still value their customer and relish the opportunity to help them do whatever they want.

Web Dev for Cleaning Services Online Platform

"[They have an] ability to propose solutions based on a business objective, looking out for my best interests."

May 2016 - Nov. 2016

Logicspice handles all developments for a responsive app. Their work includes a calendar function, integrating the Google Distance Matrix API and other external APIs, a database, PHP, and UI consulting.

Tokyo, Japan
CEO, Cleaning Services Platform

Logicspice goes the extra mile when completing milestones. They give valuable insight on business impacts that might result from modifications. Though they could spend more time on QA, their organization and communication habits make collaboration manageable, despite language and time zone barriers.

We run a Japanese online platform allowing housecleaners to match up with customers, mainly for the Tokyo area.

What challenge were you trying to address with Logicspice?

I run the company by myself, and I’m not an engineer. I started it in 2016, and I’m currently in the process of obtaining funds, but, prior to this, I didn’t have a developer. I needed someone with coding background, but who could also look at a business objective and narrow it down into engineering milestones and systems.

I am outsourcing all development to Logicspice. We’ve completed the initial development, and the app is live at this point. One of the things which made my app unique and challenging was its calendar function. Another one was the implementation of the Google Distance Matrix API. When a customer comes to our website, we will match them with helpers who can come at the earliest possible time, which is 30 minutes. This entails that, when a query runs, the website will look at the housekeepers’ calendar, as well as calculate the distance between them and the customer, using the Matrix API. I didn’t have an engineering background, but I knew what I wanted to get done. Logicspice was able to produce this solution for me.

My objective was to kill all birds with one stone and build a responsive app, rather than native mobile versions. Logicspice came up with technical suggestions for my system, in terms of the PHP language, our database, the integration with external APIs, as well as the calendar function. I was given a few options for interface elements and functionalities, and signed off on them. The main thing I appreciated about Logicspice was their ability to make suggestions and provide insight into the pros and cons of each one, ultimately leaving it up to me to make an informed decision.

While discussing business objectives, there were certain things which, from an application standpoint, didn’t make much sense. Logicspice presented the possible business repercussions of each choice, which was the extent of their involvement at a business level.

I mainly interacted with Manish Shrimal, their director. He had a team of several engineers working on my project, mostly full-time, during the main development of the web app. We interacted through email and Skype, and exchanged business requirements documentation.

How did you come to work with Logicspice?

I found Logicspice through an online search while looking for a developer in India. I looked at Russian companies as well, and contacted a few companies overall, ultimately choosing Logicspice. They were the only company which was willing to agree setting up a business requirements document before I actually paid them. I wasn’t an engineer, but I knew what I needed, so Logicspice came up with a proposal before I committed. It was very helpful, and it was one of the main reasons for choosing Logicspice.

How much have you invested with Logicspice?

The entire development had a cost of $10,000.

We started working with Logicspice in May 2016. The app has been live since November, and I have entered into a support contract with Logicspice. We have ongoing development.

It was a fairly complex web application. We got a lot of market feedback after the launch, and I came up with a couple of additional priority developments we needed to make, as well as fixes. We were able to implement them, and it was good to have a support team behind me. The continuation of the development was beneficial.

How did Logicspice perform from a project management standpoint?

I mainly went to Manish for most of my queries. When something became more complex, or when we reached an impasse, either in terms of language, time-zone differences or just due to a lack of engineering knowledge on my part, Manish would get on a Skype call with me, sometimes bringing his engineering team along, and clarified the situation.

What did you find most impressive about Logicspice?

Their ability to propose solutions based on a business objective, looking out for my best interests. Also, we had development milestones, and I paid upon the completion of each one. Some things would fall through the cracks, and I would identify issues after the task was completed. I could go back to Logicspice, and they would generally be agreeable to fixing that issue. There was not too much work involved, but, if it made sense, they didn’t have a problem with making the fix. Logicspice committed to finishing our project, and they were very flexible in terms of timescales. We would assume that it would take a certain number of hours for a project to be done, but we’d go over that oftentimes, either because of bugs or other modifications. Logicspice went the extra mile to complete the project to my satisfaction.

As someone in Japan making an order to a firm in India about which I’d never heard of before this project, I had concerns about being given a crappy product and not having a recourse. Logicspice didn’t do that, which is why I’ve been working with them for a long time.

Are there any areas Logicspice could improve?

Their cost is incredibly low, compared to what I could source in Japan or the US, but there is a trade-off. Logicspice could work a bit more on the QA. I tend to handle a lot of that myself.

It would depend on the person’s English capabilities. I am based in Japan, so many of my friends are Japanese.

Software Development for Asset Management Company

"Logicspice clearly cared about making the platform better, and that gave me a lot of trust in working with them."

Mar. 2016 - Ongoing

Logicspice developed software for an asset management firm that would help to manage their client's pension fund. The platform, built on Javascript, allowed users to individualize their investment strategy.

Switzerland
CEO, Asset Management Firm

Logicspice simplified the user experience, resulting in overwhelmingly positive user feedback. There have been no major technical issues reported since the developed solution went live. Logicspice became proactive in implementing their own ideas to improve the platform's performance.

My company is a finance and asset management company in Switzerland. We are a relatively young company; we were founded two years ago. We offer solutions in the space of asset management companies and small finance institutions. We decided to optimize that process and speed it up with web solutions and apps

What challenge were you trying to address with Logicspice Consultancy?

We hired Logicspice to build a platform from scratch that would manage pension fund money. The platform includes all the accounting information, and Logicspice developed the backend and frontend.

In our regulatory environment in Switzerland you’re usually not allowed to make decisions about your pension fund, so everything is invested in a pool with other people. We built a solution that made it possible to choose a personal investment strategy individually. As you can imagine, handling the individual accounts on the backend is more complicated than if you have just one account. We had to build the system in a way that we could efficiently handle all the transactions. With Logicspice, we built a so-called reallocation tool that we can use to monitor the allocations of each employee, and then do reallocations for all the employees. It’s a computer-generated transaction.

I initially wrote a document that included specifications about the backend and frontend of the platform. It didn't include a lot of detail because I don't have an IT background. I told Logicspice what we needed, and they made a proposal about the techniques they would use. In the end, the platform was built on CakePHP with an SQL database and using Javascript.

How did you come to work with Logicspice Consultancy?

I posted my project on a freelancing website, and I received hundreds of requests. I then decided to do my own search based on reviews, and I found out that Logicspice had very good reviews. I then approached them directly on the Freelance platform and asked them to write a proposal for our price and project. The salaries are extremely high in Switzerland, so if you want to hire a programmer or a web developer, you have to pay at least $10,000 a month. We wanted to find IT resources who charged an affordable price, and that’s how we found Logicspice. We had a quite good experience working with them.

How much have you invested with Logicspice Consultancy?

I’d say we’ve probably paid $15,000 to Logicspice by now.

I think our work together started in June 2015, and it’s an ongoing project where Logicspice provides regular support and maintenance.

The pension platform is live, and now we’re adding functionality to it. The feedback has been good. The users like it, because we simplified everything as much as possible. I think the positive feedback is mostly driven by the work our company has done. We wanted the platform to be user-friendly, and the user experience is good. It’s important that everything is understandable and self-explanatory. From the technical side, I’ve never heard any complaints from our users about something being slow or incorrect.

How did Logicspice Consultancy perform from a project management standpoint?

I did all of my communication with the head of Logicspice, but I think there were six or seven people involved with the project. They had at least one or two testers and two developers—one for design and one for graphics. One or two were on the business analyst side to discuss the requirements and refine the specifications.

At first, we did a small project with Logicspice that took about three months to complete. We originally estimated it would take about two months to finish, but we made some changes and enhancements, so it took a little longer. It wasn’t because they weren’t fast enough or responsive enough. In general, I would say they can meet the targets we set in the beginning.

We never had a problem with missed deadlines, though to be honest, we usually aren’t under a lot of time pressure. For us, it’s not a big deal when we have a new release.In general, Logicspice met the goals we set. We only had a small problem once or twice. At one point, I made a mistake in the backend, which created a problem with the website. In that case, and whenever I label a problem as 'high priority,' Logicspice acts quickly. Within two hours, we have a message that everything is up and running again. I think their response time and feedback is good.

What did you find most impressive about Logicspice Consultancy?

I expected them only to implement my ideas, but after they had heard them, they came back to me with proposals on how to do things slightly differently, which was something I didn't expect. I didn’t think they would offer suggestions on how to improve the platform. Logicspice clearly cared about making the platform better, and that gave me a lot of trust in working with them.

Are there any areas Logicspice Consultancy could improve?

It’s not a big problem for me, but sometimes communication was an issue. From time to time the language was not very good when we talked to them about sending an update, adding, or fixing a feature. We understand each other most of the time, but there have been misunderstandings, and we’ll have to clarify questions or updates.