MAKING I.T. GREAT AGAIN

LME Services is a leading I.T. Services Company because of the unique approach we take when delivering tech support to our clients.

By only employing Tier 3 Techs and by keeping our overhead costs to a minimum, we are able to provide clients an opportunity to get best in class tech support, system design, project management and technology consulting at a surprisingly affordable rate.

1994

SPK Law,

The Law Firm of Schenk, Annes, Tepper & Campbell

Transitioning from Break/Fix to MSP Case Study

Transitioning from Break/Fix to MSP Case Study

Our client, Prairie Contractors, had gotten into a common scenario of piece meal I.T. support, wherein they would call whenever they experienced issues.

While this is still a commong type of I.T. delivery, it had gotten them to a scenario where they didn’t want to call for tech support because of the associated cost of receiving the necessary help.

This I.T. delivery system put them in a position where backups and server updates were neglected, email and other server roles were buggy and workflow failures had become common place and expected.

After a particularty nasty scenario invovling a crashed virtual server, Prairie came to realization that it was time to convert to an I.T. delivery system that covered all of their integral I.T. needs.

You can read the case study of their transition from...

Office 365 Migration Case Study

An Accounting Firm needed to seemlessly migrate 70+ mailboxes away from their on-premise Microsoft Exchange server to Office 365's Hosted Exchange cloud platform.

This case study by LME Services outlines:

The Desired Result:  Move all email, contacts, calendars and mail data to the cloud and de-commission the old mail server

The Plan: Do prep work ahead of time with a weekend cutover so as to minimize downtime for staff and administration.

The Result: A seemless transition of email services from in-house to the cloud.

Read the full details here

The Pros and Cons of an Office 365 Hybrid Migration

If your planning on moving to Microsoft Office 365 it's vitally important to understand the different routes that you can take to that will get your email onto the Office 365 hosted email solutions.

One of the main options is the the Office 365 Hybrid Migration and in this popular blog post, we explain our experiences and the PROs and CONs of choosing this path for your hosted email migration.

Click HERE to view the LME post

LME regulary updates their blogs and YT channel in an effort to give their clients and followers a unique level of insight into the I.T. industry and what types of things they believe will be helpful to their base

CRM Migration for Nonprofit

“We found the project and migration to be done professionally and are happy with their support skills.”

Feb. 2018 - May 2018

LME Services transitioned CRM software to Salesforce, set up Office 365 emails, and implemented Amazon Web Services and Azure. Their services included planning and migration preparations.

Jacqueline O'Hara
Manager, Community Alternatives Unlimited

Operational costs decreased by 20% because of the transition and the staff is more productive and accomplishes more work. Clear communication between team members allowed for a smooth migration process. The staff even worked on the weekend to finish the project on time.

CAU is a nonprofit that assists the disabled and supports economically-challenged families to improve health and wellness during pregnancy and birth.

For what projects/services did your company hire LME Services?

We needed to transition our CRM to Salesforce, our email to Office 365, and our data systems to AWS and Azure. LME helped plan and implement these transitions and continues to monitor and support us.

We wanted to move as much of our systems to the cloud as possible. We found the results of the plan to be exactly in line with our goals.

We reviewed LME and three others through referrals and research we did on our own.

We needed to transition our CRM to Salesforce, our email to Office 365 and our data systems to AWS and Azure. They worked with us to create a schedule, prep for the move, migrate previous data and systems.

We decreased operational costs by 20% because of the transition and find that our staff is more productive and can accomplish more.

They worked with us on the transition calendar and communicated with us regularly so that everyone was on the same with the schedule and eventual migrations.

They had extensive knowledge of the tech industry, their pricing, and their thorough communication. They even worked on the weekend to make sure everything was working properly for the staff by Monday.

We found the project and migration to be done professionally and are happy with their support skills since the transition to the cloud.

Overall Score It is hard to find a great vendor in this industry and we were impressed with their work.
    They did a tremendous job of planning, scheduling and communicating during the entire process.
    They were similarly priced to other vendors we interviewed.
    The quality was excellent and thorough.
    We recommended them to other companies in our industry.

IT Consulting for Legal Firm

"We are very happy with all of the equipment, software, and support we have received from LME."

June 2017 - May 2018

LME Services provided a 360-degree IT service. They helped buy the optimal technologies, expediated installations, and provided technical consultation.

Northbrook, IL
Lara Cleary
Attorney, Hansen & Cleray, LLC

The installation LME provided was smooth and stress-free. The equipment and software were all high-quality and user-friendly. LME's rapid responses and dedication to customer service contributed to a successful engagement.

We are a small law firm in Northbrook, Illinois. Our practice is concentrated in the areas of education, mental health, and disability law. We opened our practice in June 2017.

For what projects/services did your company hire LME Services?

We hired LME to assist our firm in all aspects of IT consultation for opening the firm.

We are not IT savvy people and wanted the best equipment within our budget with the easiest set-up and usage possible, so we could focus our time on our legal clients.

They were a referral.

We consulted with LME and they provided the IT expertise. They helped us choose the best IT equipment and set it up for us. They consulted us to purchase the optimal technologies and made it very easy for us.

We worked directly with two of their IT specialists.

The entire IT installation was incredibly smooth and stress-free. We are very happy with all of the equipment, software, and support we have received from LME.

Our workflow was very effective. They were incredibly communicative and always responded on the same day.

Their customer service was incredible and they made sure our equipment was very user-friendly.

No, none that I could see.

IT Consulting & Oversight for Real Estate Firm

“We rely on LME Services for everything IT related, and they’ve been very responsive in every instance.

Jan. 2013 - Ongoing

LME Services has managed the client’s IT needs for 15 years. They’ve overseen hardware & software purchases, network configuration, back-up/cloud options, web design, and IT emergencies.

Chicago, IL
George Sargeant
President, SARGEANT Realty Advisors, Inc.

The LME team is exceptionally responsive and thorough in their approach to addressing issues that come up. They provide substantive suggestions that facilitate workflow and improve the overall IT infrastructure.

I am the owner of a real estate appraisal and consulting firm in Chicago.

For what projects/services did your company hire LME Services?

We have relied on LME Services for a variety of IT needs that have come up over the years including hardware & software purchases, network configuration, back-up/cloud options, web design, and emergency situations.

We were looking to rely on an outside company for all of our IT needs. We rely on LME Services for everything IT related, and they’ve been very responsive in every instance.

We were referred to LME Services by an industry colleague.

LME Services has functioned as our IT resource for the past 15 years.

We work with Mr. Engleking and his assistant as necessary.

We have remained loyal to LME Services for 15 years. We consider them our IT partner. They address all our needs effectively and efficiently.

We’ve worked very well together.

They have substantial depth of knowledge. We’ve also really appreciated their ability to respond in a timely fashion.

No, nothing comes to mind.

IT Services for Country Club

"Everything they do is on target."

May 2005 - Ongoing

LME Services is the long-standing IT services partner, handling everything from server replacement and security upgrades to POS system troubleshooting, backup management, and more.

Kim Fischer
Controller, Country Club

Availability, knowledge, and responsiveness are among their most outstanding attributes. LME’s owner has even stepped in while on vacation to address urgent issues. Their small-company feel gives way to highly personalized attention, which has remained consistent for over 10 years.

I’m the controller of HR and IT for Lake Shore Country Club.

We needed IT services.

LME assists with anything IT related that I can’t do. We have several computers in our building as well as a server. They generally keep me up to date on the newest technologies and the things we may need for security purposes.

We have also POS stations which we occasionally have issues with. If I can’t resolve the issue, I reach out to LME and they can remotely log in to the server and resolve the problem. Additionally, they check our backup once a week, and if there is an update that needs to be done, they take care of it.

LME is a fairly small company, so I’m in direct contact with the Leon (Owner, LME Services). He answers my calls day or night, weekends included. His son also works for him and they’re both extremely knowledgeable in IT.

How did you come to work with LME Services?

The person before me knew LME Services and had worked with them previous to his position here, so he contacted them and brought them on board. I’ve worked closely with LME Services for over 10 years.

We have them on a $3,000 retainer, though we usually spend approximately $750–$1,000 per month.

We began working with them in 2005 and the relationship is ongoing.

You never know what’s going to happen with computers. When unexpected problems come up, I can reach out to them. Leon even called me back while he was vacationing and logged in remotely, which is a big deal for us because, as a country club, our hands are tied if our POS system goes down. Leon has also replaced my servers when they needed to be replaced, and it has been great to have him as part of my team.

How did LME Services perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re always ready and available. When Leon went on vacation, he made sure to let me know who my point of contact would be and made sure I was taken care of no matter what.

We get a personal level of interaction with them. They’re not like a big corporation, who you call and get an operator on the phone that may or may not resolve your issue. I always know who I am talking to with LME. Leon brought his son on a couple of years ago, and he’s been a true asset to him and to me here at the club.

I’ve been very happy with their work. As long as they stay the same throughout our relationship with them, I’ll be satisfied.

Overall Score They never fail me.
    When they replaced our servers, they gave me a timeframe and arranged it so that they could come in and work during our off time.
    When they come over, they give me a time slip so I know how much more I have to spend for that month. Their cost is very reasonable.
    Everything they do is on target. In the rare case that we miss something, which is very seldom, they’re more than willing to fix it.
    I would definitely recommend them to anyone who is looking for IT help.

IT Consulting for Accounting Firm

“They’re a one-stop shop.”

Jan. 2010 - Ongoing

LME Services provides IT support and consulting. For over eight years, they’ve helped out with countless services. They’ve assisted with servers, hosting, migrations, and also with technical emergencies.

Northbrook, IL
Brian Brady
IT Administrator, CJBS

LME Services changed the way this firm does business by integrating their services for third parties. They have saved the day several times. They are a reliable partner that can be counted on to help with all technology needs. They are easily accessible and consistently deliver high-quality work.

CJBS is a mid-size accounting firm that handles small to medium-sized tax work and consulting. I manage the internal IT work and consulting work lines.

We needed IT consulting.

They’re a one-stop shop. They’ve helped us with everything including SQL, Exchange, on-premise, active directory, cloud hosting, and migrations. When I wanted to upgrade our whole domain server and our exchange, they helped with that.

They are the reason why we ended up doing consulting services. We already have the relationship built for the tax work and we can use them for the tech. I refer them to my clients, and they help us with our internal systems as well.

I work with Joe (VP Business Development, LME Services), who is good with web design, marketing with Facebook, and social networking, and their founder who works more on the technical side of things.

How did you come to work with LME Services?

They were already in place before I was hired. I came in with the intention to swap out everything, but they were pretty easy to work, so I have continued working with them ever since.

We started working together prior to 2010 and the work is ongoing.

When we were hit with ransomware, we were back up quickly because of them. For accounting, everything is billed by the hour, so the fact that they helped us get back up the same day was a huge money saver. We had a couple terabyte file cabinet that exploded. They worked with the programmers and Microsoft SQL engineers to get that back up and going. There have been quite a few times when they have saved me. They come in when we have emergencies and perform really well. I’ve called them at 10:00 PM and they worked with me until 1:00 AM getting everything back up.

How did LME Services perform from a project management standpoint?

They take meticulous care of clients that we refer to them. We tell them what we want and they take care of everything.

I’ve used other consulting firms, and LME Services is much easier to work with. I can send them an email, text, or phone. They’re easy to get a hold of.

They’re always available and I don’t have to talk to a 1-800 service. They’re able to accommodate anything, which is convenient instead of being transferred to someone else. We can request their help with any project, and they’re able to handle it, or at least give me good guidance on it. They excel at anything that we ask of them.

Tell them exactly what you want and they can make it happen.

They’ve never missed a date.

IT Managed Service for Nonprofit Office

“Any time we have an issue, [LME] address[es] it promptly and effectively.”

Mar. 2015 - Ongoing

LME Services provides IT support and maintenance for a housing nonprofit, including consulting services, server security, hardware solutions, and installation.

Director, Nonprofit

Reliable communication and responsiveness have been key in building an ongoing relationship that allowed the client to phase out internal IT management. LME goes above and beyond in finding hardware solutions to complex problems and improving overall workflow efficiency.

I’m the director of a nonprofit that builds and sells homes for families that can’t afford conventional mortgages. We also do work for people in the area that can’t physically or financially maintain their homes.

What challenge were you trying to address with LME Services?

We had been managing IT internally, but eventually decided to contract out installation and maintenance to a consulting company.

To begin, we wanted everything off our individual computers and onto a central server, which we purchased from them. They came to our office, installed it, and configured our network for easy use. We also rely on them for various day-to-day maintenance functions like hardware repair, system updates, and server security.

We work primarily with an account manager, but other team members are involved when we buy new equipment.

How did you come to work with LME Services?

They originally contacted us, and we interviewed them to get an understanding of their approach and the services they offer. They’re a smaller firm, and we felt they could provide a more personalized service than others.

They offer services at $50 per device, per month. We operate across three locations with 25-30 computers total, so we spend $1,250-$1,500 per month.

We started working together about two years ago, and the engagement is ongoing.

From a personal standpoint, they’ve freed up a great deal of my time to focus on other priorities. The most important thing to us as a company has been their responsiveness. Any time we have an issue, they address it promptly and effectively. I can handle most smaller issues on my own, but when we have larger problems, even if they’re outside of what our contract defines with them, they’re always willing to help.

How did LME Services perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicated over the phone and via email, and they would typically respond to any request within 30 minutes. We’ve been very pleased with their timeliness and professionalism.

We haven’t partnered with an IT group before, but they offer personalized, reliable services. At one point we switched to a voiceover IP system that wasn’t working correctly, and they suggested a hardware solution that fixed the issue right away.

Other firms provide more ongoing, hands-on maintenance solutions for larger companies that require continuous and active monitoring, but we’re a small firm, and LME provides exactly what we need. We’re very happy with the value they offer.

Everything we’ve asked for has been completed in a timely manner.
    They offer a great price point and meet our needs entirely.
    They’ve done everything we’ve needed, and they do it right the first time.
    Other firms offer more proactive maintenance, but we don’t happen to need that.

IT Managed Service for Country Club

“LME is an integral part of any IT project we undertake.”

2002 - Ongoing

LME provides various IT services, including server management and wireless projects. Their primary work is on user accounts and maintaining the point of sale. The partnership has lasted over a decade.

Controller, Country Club

LME communicates clearly and provides reasonable and effective solutions. Scheduling can sometimes be an issue, but with proper planning, it’s easy to work around. Their team uses reliable technology that gets the job done.

I'm the controller for a private country club.

What challenge were you trying to address with LME Services?

My expertise isn’t in technology, so we needed a partner who specialized in that field.

LME mainly works with our day-to-day user accounts and troubleshooting any issues, especially with our point of sale. They manage our server and our remote backup (on Carbonite). We have them do various projects related to our wireless, which is important in the hospitality industry.

We normally work with LME’s owner or VP of business development.

How did you come to work with LME Services?

They were referred to me when I worked at a different club. Our partnership went well, so we decided to work together again in my new position.

We spend around $1,500 a month.

We’ve been working together since 2002.

LME is an integral part of any IT project we undertake. Our industry isn’t typically on the cutting edge of technology, but LME keeps us current and implements reliable and competent tech. We’re happy with the quality of their services.

How did LME Services perform from a project management standpoint?

They communicate well and provide proper documentation. We mainly talk on the phone or email one another. They sometimes come into our office for meetings or projects.

LME is cost conscious—they don't implement the most expensive solution. They focus on finding a reasonable solution to whatever problem we’re trying to solve.

They're considering new models with monthly subscription charges, so that’s something I’d suggest looking into.

If you give them a couple weeks of lead time, there's no problem. They take emergency situations seriously.
    I've already referred them.

Web Dev and IT Managed Services for Accounting Firm

“They're very reliable and excellent with communication.”

Jan 2013 - Ongoing

LME designed a website and continually maintain its backend. They also perform IT services when needed, like desktop and network maintenance.

Skokie, IL
George Dades
Accountant, James G. Dades & Co

They deliver on a wide-breadth of IT services and ensure everything works correctly. With the personal touch of a small team, LME communicates efficiently and is always available by phone or email. The website is well-designed and positively influenced an increase in business.

I’m the head accountant at James G. Dades & Co. We’re a public accountant firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with LME Services?

We needed an outside company to manage our network and provide IT services.

LME designed our website. They continually provide IT support for our servers and desktop PCs. We call them to resolve any technical issues we might experience.

We work directly with their owner and VP.

How did you come to work with LME Services?

I can’t remember exactly. They were probably referred to us by a colleague.

We started working together in January 2013 and the engagement is ongoing.

LME takes care of everything and we’ve never had a problem with them. They're very reliable and excellent with communication. We’ve received positive customer feedback regarding the site design and it definitely brings in more business.

How did LME Services perform from a project management standpoint?

They perform very well. We communicated through phone and email.

We haven’t worked with other IT vendors before, but LME offers an excellent service. They’re incredibly responsive and always available.

They’ve never missed a deadline or had a scheduling issue.
    Everything functions as it should.
    I recommend them frequently.

Computer Maintenance and Repair for Law Firm

"I am very satisfied with their performance so far."

LME provides a 360-degree IT service by installing new computers, software, and troubleshooting any technical issues.

Robert Kaplan
Attorney/President, Law Offices of Robert M Kaplan PC

LME is available for requests at all times and solves any technical problems that arise. Their personalized service and smooth workflow are hallmarks of their work.

I am the attorney for a one-man law firm.

For what projects/services did your company hire LME Services?

I needed LME to perform computer maintenance and repair for me.

My goal is for LME to respond to my needs for maintenance and repair of my computers on an as-needed basis.

I was referred to them by a colleague.

LME installs new computers, software, and troubleshoots any technical issues that arose.

I work with two of their IT specialists.

LME always responds promptly to my calls and solve all my problems.

Our workflow is very good, they are always available.

Their personalized service impresses us.

I am very satisfied with their performance so far.

Their prices are very fair.

Ongoing IT Services for Investment Firm

“We’re impressed with their availability and quick response time.”

June 2014 - Ongoing

LME provides remote support, cybersecurity upgrades, troubleshooting, and other IT services. They also installed computers and structured cabling solutions during an office relocation.

Northbrook, Illinois
Daniel B Borstein
Managing Member, Boon Capital Advisors

LME’s technical expertise allows the client to focus on core business activities, while the team’s reliability and responsiveness have led to a long-term engagement.

I’m a managing member of a registered investment advisory firm.

For what projects/services did your company hire LME Services?

We hired LME Services to take care of our IT needs.

We were referred to LME by another IT administrator whose firm was also utilizing their services.

We have worked with LME for four years. They have provided a range of services, from setting up the personal computers (PCs) and cabling in our new office space, to troubleshooting, security upgrades, and remote support.

We have worked with both Joe (VP Business Development, LME Services) and Leon (Owner, LME Services). Both of them have provided excellent service.

We have been very happy with their work. LME has always met the goals we’ve set, allowing us to focus on our business.

We can always count on being able to reach someone at LME, as Joe and Leon respond quickly via email or phone call. Also, they clearly communicate the timeline for current projects.

We’re impressed with their availability and quick response time. They have a vast knowledge of IT services.

None.