How did you select this vendor?
We evaluated three separate vendors. This included two full-service dev shops and one freelance developer. We immediately knew the freelance developer was out. Although, this individual seemed very talented, he was unable to give us the full service consultative, technical partnership we needed.
When evaluating between the two full-service dev shops we chose Lifted Logic for many reasons: The services they provided - front end and back end expertise, marketing knowledge (SEO, Google Analytics - they offer free one on one workshops on each), graphic design, and copy writing. Their quality of work and results / web design and development - We viewed their portfolio and results from past projects and were extremely impressed.
The people - Incredibly talented team who are all experts in their individual areas and know how to bring each of their expertise together to maximize their talents for the client. We experienced this firsthand. In the selection process we felt like a top priority even through our project was on the smaller side dollar wise and we continue to feel like a top priority to this day.
Describe the project in detail.
Project stages were clearly defined and executed when working with Lifted Logic: Initial Strategy Session - Met to share user feedback our vision and whiteboarded solutions.
Met with several experts within Lifted Logic to develop a solution that could meet the needs of our users and still fall within our budget. Content Planning Phase
- Met to discuss target audiences for the website, and identify a successful conversion for each audience. Strategized and finalized website navigation, dropdowns, and all pages after the content strategy. Lifted Logic then created a corresponding content outline that described how and where content will be placed throughout all pages in the site. Graphic Design Phase
- After establishing pages needed, Lifted Logic designed customized visual mockups for all unique page layouts in the websites. Website Development Phase
- Backend and frontend development. Ensuring content will remain organized and formatted correctly at all screen resolutions. Frontend development also included mobile/responsive development. Testing Launch Phase
- Backend website training to give us the ability to log into the backend of the website and modify any content prior to launch. After the training session, we had the knowledge to be able to add or change text, photos, videos, add news articles, and perform any other content updates unique to the site. Both Lifted Logic and ourselves performed functionality evaluations and beta testing. Post-Launch SEO Training/Review
- In-depth Google Analytics and SEO training session. Final product: Home page User Profile
- Includes interactive map, upload picture, about me My Inspirations - Users save travel research through "Inspiration Cards" which they can tag and filter to easily find at a later date. My Trips
- Users create trips for planning purposes through "Plan Cards." Able to pull travel research from "My Inspiration" page through search tags. Travel Blog Page Contact Us Page
What was the team composition?
We had a dedicated Account Executive who had a deep understanding of our projects and attended all meetings to help navigate us through the process. We worked closely with the Operations Manager who acted as our technical consultant. Taking in our idea and concept testing feedback and strategized with us to put together the best solution within our budget. She then translated our solution to the development team. We worked with Lifted Logic’s creative team to discuss look, feel, tone for the website.