Web Design & Development

GOLD VERIFIED

As a best in class provider of digital marketing for companies in the B2B industrial technology sector, Lform understands the importance of precision and consistency. Whether you are involved in engineering, manufacturing, distribution or sales, you know that innovation is only the first step.

You must have the infrastructure to move a product from development to introduction and growth, the expertise to produce consistent results, and the drive to persevere no matter what obstacles you face. Lform combines creativity and technological prowess to deliver results-driven digital design and marketing solutions. From discovery to development, we maintain a laser focus on your goals. Our websites tell the story of your company and connect the organization to its ideal audience. We make it easy for customers and potential clients to learn about what you do and the products and services offered.

2005
Montclair, NJ
  • 42 Park Street
    Montclair, NJ 07042
  • 315 West 39 Street, Suite 1106
    New York, NY 10018

AAA Innovations CAST Lighting Bergen Cable Dauphin Fuji Film Insight Partners Kulite Mitsubishi Fuso Modern Restaurant Management REdirect Consulting

Web Design for Custom Case & Foam Insert Company

“They were able to push us in a good way so that we didn’t fall behind.”

Apr. - July 2020

Lform Design revamped the layout of a custom foam insert and carry case retailer. They focused on defining three main customer journeys so that customers could easily find the services they were looking for.

Paterson, New Jersey
Steve Holand
President, MyCaseBuilder

The new layout highlighted the retailer’s offerings, directing more users to their pro-design service. Internal stakeholders liked that the layout was more informative without overwhelming customers with options. In the end, Lform Design’s project management skills kept the engagement on track.

I’m the president of Century Service Affiliate Inc, but we’re known by our website MyCaseBuilder. We create custom foam inserts for carrying cases so that people can safely transport their gear and have it nicely laid out in front of them — much like what you’d see when James Bond opens his briefcase. We don’t just serve spies and assassins; we create inserts for cameras, equipment, and more.

What challenge were you trying to address with Lform Design?

Our main issue was that our website didn’t have a clear customer journey. Users didn’t know what we did because we offered a little bit of everything. We brought in Lform Design to evaluate our website and redo the layout.

Lform Design overhauled our existing website layout, creating wireframes to map out clear customer journeys. There were several scenarios that we needed to outline. Did the customer just want a replacement insert or a new case? What type of case did they want, and how would they order it? Would they like to design their own case using our online app?

It was really about creating these user flows that would highlight certain parts of our business, specifically our pro-design service where we design the case for our customers.

Lform Design organized our site into three main blocks: customize it yourself, premade designs, and prototype services. These blocks would guide customers to get what they’re looking for. The team used Adobe XD to create the wireframes, which allowed me to see previews of our website and get a sense of the layout.

I worked with Alison (project manager) but did have meetings with the designer, as well. Then there was Ian (Owner).

How did you come to work with Lform Design?

One of the members of a CEO group I’m in had used Lform Design before and referred me to them. From there, I took a look at their website to see some of the other projects they did and talked to them. I liked how they were able to take complex thoughts and actions and get them down to the basics.

We spent between $10,000–$20,000.

The project lasted from April–July 2020.

Thanks to Lform Design’s layout, we now have a website that has clear pathways for our customers. It’s easier to understand what our services are, and our customers are having a better time navigating our site.

For example, we used to have a customize button on some of our products, but no one knew how it worked. Lform Design suggested that we put in a link to explain the process to our customers in addition to a pro-design call to action in case the customer didn’t want to do everything themselves. That made for a more informative experience without being overwhelming.

How did Lform Design perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project manager would set up our meetings and send reminder emails to keep me on track. It helped that they outlined the materials that I needed to get to them so that they could keep moving the project forward.

Lform Design was able to keep the project in motion. In my experience, that’s where a lot of development projects go south. If you don’t get them approval or a process on time, then the project just ends up dragging along. They were able to push us in a good way so that we didn’t fall behind.

Even though they were great at keeping us on track, they could’ve tightened up the timeframe by pushing me during certain situations. I’m not usually good at making decisions and can be a bit of a procrastinator. If they gave me 4–5 days to decide on a direction, I’d wait until the fourth day to think about it. Cutting back on my time would’ve forced me to get them a decision faster.

Be open about the timeframe that you need to make a decision, and they’ll accommodate. If you can make a call in one day, then do it. Quick responses will speed your project along. I’d suggest assigning a point person who can provide Lform Design with the answers they need on time.

Overall Score It was a good experience.
    I got everything I needed for their price.

Web Dev for Cleaning Solutions Manufacturer

"Their holistic approach is impressive."

Aug. 2018 - Ongoing

Lform Design updated the business’ outdated website to ensure that it would generate sales in the future. In addition to revamping antiquated marketing tools, the team is also managing maintenance.

Kearny, New Jersey
John Grant
Director of Sales & Marketing, L&R Manufacturing

Although the website that Lform Designs created has only been live for just over a month, the business has already seen an increase in traffic. When the team ran into an obstacle, such as unorganized information, they handled it well. They are a knowledgeable partner who understands the business.

I’m the director of sales and marketing at L&R Ultrasonics. We built ultrasonic cleaning equipment for the dental, medical, industrial, weapons cleaning, and jewelry industries, among others. We build the machines and the solutions that go in them.

What challenge were you trying to address with Lform Design?

When I came to the company, our website was very antiquated. So, I reached out to Ian (Owner & Creative Director) through a friend of mine. A lot of our marketing tools were also outdated because we are a 90-year-old company. We needed a lot of guidance.

When we first sat down with the team, they made it very clear that they weren’t just going to build us a website. They said that it was going to be a sales tool. We collaborated with Lform Design to create a tool that would help us advance in e-commerce.

They helped us update both our website and our other marketing tools such as copy and datasheets. Now, the team is doing our monthly tracking and maintenance.

I mostly work with Ian and Jeff (Art Director). We’ve also worked with Charles (Head of Operations & Engineering Lead) and a few other folks.

How did you come to work with Lform Design?

I interviewed 3–4 different companies. What made me choose Lform Design was their holistic approach. Other companies were only focused on the website, but this team was focused on delivering a sales tool. They understood the business.

We’ve spent $40,000 so far.

We first talked to Ian in August 2018, and our engagement is ongoing. We launched the website about six weeks ago, and we’re going to start making changes.

Just in the first month, we’ve had a marked increase in traffic, which we track with HotJar. So far, so good, and we have high expectations.

How did Lform Design perform from a project management standpoint?

They had some issues because we had so much information that had to be sifted through, qualified, and updated. There was a lot of work beyond the original scope of the project.

It took a lot of collaboration to rebuild some of the old tools and then create new ones. Given the sheer volume of information that we had to dump on them, their team did a good job of learning and understanding our business.

Their holistic approach is impressive. Lform Design wants to help us build our business, and not just create a pretty-looking website.

They understand the power of the internet and the ability of a website to generate sales. They are an excellent team to work with because they are very knowledgeable.

I talked to Ian about this. When he gave us our proposal, it was very detailed. His expectations were that, since we were a company that had been in the business for 90 years, we would have everything he needed to complete the project.

We did have them, but they were antiquated and dated, as I mentioned before. It took a lot of time from both sides because the information that was expected was not available in an organized way.

This isn’t a criticism as much as it is a learning opportunity. From a project management standpoint, they could’ve analyzed what we had and decided on what they could and couldn’t work with.

It’s a collaborative process. Don’t just dump it on them and ask them to build the website for you; teach them about your product or services. You should expect to spend as much time as they do on this project, if not more.

We’re still working with them, so they’re going to make improvements.

Web Design & Development for Asian Grocery Importer

“They’ve just been a really great team to work with, going above and beyond to make the relationship easy for everyone.”

Jul. 2019 - Ongoing

Lform Design is developing an informational and ecommerce website from scratch for an Asian grocery distributor. They are uploading content and plan to monetize the site by enabling retail in phase two.

Bayonne, New Jersey
Andy Ng
Vice President, Golden Fortune

Although the site is not yet launched, the client is pleased with the quality of work being done and the flexibility demonstrated by the Lform Design team in meeting changing requirements over the course of the project. They are consistently communicative and enjoyable to work with.

We are a wholesale importer and distributor of Asian groceries. We import from Asia and distribute to supermarkets all over the United States, and I am the Vice President.

What challenge were you trying to address with Lform Design?

Our company didn’t have a very strong online presence, because our website at the time was about 15 years old. We decided to refresh our branding and perform a website rebuild to go along with it.

They started from scratch because of the outdated framework that our old website had been built on. Our business had also shifted focus over the years, so what we were targeting back then wasn’t necessarily what made the most sense now.

We walked them through who we are, what we do and who our competitors are, and other information about the business. From there, they helped us to create a product that really showcased our business and helped to inform and direct potential customers to the right channels in order to secure them as leads.

We worked primarily with Ian (Owner), and he delegated the different tasks involved to members of his team. That included a project manager who kept us on top of our deadlines, a designer who actually drew up the art and layouts for the site, and then a coder who built out the back of the site.

The initial contract was for $35,000–$40,000, and we have been billed around $25,000 for the work so far.

We signed on with them in July 2019 and we are continuing to finish up the project.

We’re still in Phase 1, but we are heavy on inventory and had to produce content for over a thousand products, which took a really long time to do. We’re just waiting on that to upload so that they can map it all correctly to the pages and then set up the e-commerce portion on top of it.

It ended up being a lot more complicated than we originally thought, but we’re making good progress so far. Because of those changes and modifications that we decided to make along the way, the product is still more or less a work in progress. The goal is to have the first version of the site fully online by June.

How did Lform Design perform from a project management standpoint?

We primarily communicate over Gmail and Google Drive, sending files back and forth and providing feedback in both directions over live chats. Sometimes we do phone calls, or I go into their office when there are a lot of questions to be answered.

They’ve been very responsive to us no matter how busy they are, usually getting back to us within the same day or the next. Beyond that, they’ve just been a really great team to work with, going above and beyond to make the relationship easy for everyone.

What really sets them apart is their willingness to work with you to meet every need you have for the project. A lot of organizations just want to churn out the project and get it done, but they treat their work far more as a relationship than as a project. Their commitment to us is clear in all of their deliverables and recommendations to us.

Sometimes they asked me exactly what I wanted, and I didn’t necessarily have the knowledge to give them specific answers. We got to the point where they understood the gaps in my knowledge and were able to explain what I needed to know to make the decisions, but we weren’t there right from the start.

Do your homework about what you want, because the better idea you have of that, the smoother the process will go. They are good at handling changes and being flexible throughout the process, but that will only cause delays in the overall timeline.

Marketing & Web Design for Industrial Milling Manufacturer

"They go above and beyond to understand my business and our market."

Nov. 2019 - Ongoing

Lform Design provides branding and marketing services to an industrial milling equipment manufacturer. They work on SEO, web design, print marketing, and digital advertising.

Sara Fulford
VP Sales & Marketing, Hockmeyer Equipment Corp.

The client has seen improvements in their search ranking as a result of Lform Design’s SEO work. The team provides sophisticated and modern designs that elevate the professionalism of the client’s business. They provide great advice and tailor their solutions to meet the client’s needs.

I work for a designer and manufacturer of industrial milling equipment. I’m the VP of sales and marketing.

What challenge were you trying to address with Lform Design?

Our marketing material was very antiquated. I wanted to take our content and reissue it in a more modern and user-friendly way. I’m the only member of the marketing department at my company, so I knew I’d need to bring in a third-party vendor.

They helped with web design, developing print materials, digital marketing, and print advertising. Their team worked with me to create a host of marketing materials that we could use at trade shows and online to present our company to the market.

I worked with Ian (Owner & Creative Director) initially. We worked together to set up what needed to be done. I work with a group of people from Lform Design including a designer, project manager, content writer, and graphic designer.

How did you come to work with Lform Design?

I looked at several different companies. After some consideration, I decided that working with a boutique firm would be best. That’s what led me to Lform Design. I clicked right away with their team.

By the end of the contract, we’ll have invested about $100,000.

We started working with them in October 2019. We signed a 12-month contract that lasts through 2020.

We’ve seen some results from their SEO work. We’re appearing closer to the top of search results. Qualitatively, the nature of our advertising is much more professional. Our company image is more sophisticated.

How did Lform Design perform from a project management standpoint?

We have a shared calendar with all our project milestones. They help keep me on track. We schedule regular meetings to keep our projects on track. The meetings are efficient, and we get things done.

I feel very comfortable that they’re a local B2B provider. They go above and beyond to understand my business and our market. The advice that they give is really relevant.

They should sell themselves more. I want to see their business succeed and grow.

Look at their portfolio and make sure that their style works for you.

Web Design for Real Estate Tech Consultancy

"They take feedback well, but they also push back if I’m not aware of a reason to do something differently."

Jan. 2015 - Ongoing

Lform Design designed and built a website in Hubspot for a real estate tech consultancy. They now design and create content regularly — including blog posts and newsletters — as well as produce site updates.

Danielle Rettino
Marketing Manager, REdirect Consulting

The long-term partnership has grown due to Lform Design’s helpful insights and consistent on-time delivery. Despite some missteps with project management at first, the team is open to criticism and willing to adapt to meet the client’s needs. Their expertise in HubSpot stands out.

I’m a marketing manager at REdirect Consulting, a consulting firm for real estate technology.

What challenge were you trying to address with Lform Design?

We first brought them in to help with our website. The engagement has grown from there.

Since Lform Design built our website on HubSpot, their services have moved to content creation, website updates and development, and design. They deliver two blog posts and a newsletter every month.

We work with four team members. We don’t necessarily have dedicated resources, but we definitely work exclusively with a designer, a copywriter, and a project manager. An assorted group handles the website.

How did you come to work with Lform Design?

The partnership started before I joined the company. We continue to work with them because they’ve honed in on our messaging and make an effort to understand our niche industry.

We spend about $80,000 per year.

The partnership started in January 2015 and is ongoing.

We don’t have metrics necessarily, but I can say that Lform Design has a 100% on-time delivery rate when it comes to copy and content. From a design perspective, that’s a little slower because it requires a lot of back and forth. They always show a lot of professionalism in the design process however; they take feedback really well, but sometimes, we don’t need to give feedback because it looks great already.

How did Lform Design perform from a project management standpoint?

I’m on my third project manager with them. We had some issues in the past, but they were always willing to talk about it and make some changes to make sure that our project management was up to par. Over time, we’ve honed in on the essential skills that we expect from a project manager, so I feel like we’re in a good match with our current project manager.

They take feedback well, but they also push back if I’m not aware of a reason to do something differently. They educate us on trends and what makes sense when it comes to long-term and short-term fixes. Their area of expertise is definitely in web development and design, especially for Hubspot; it’s hard to find people who can work within HubSpot.

They’ve pretty much hammered out a lot of the issues we had in the past. If I had to offer some advice for them, I’d recommend that they take a more proactive approach rather than trying to fix things as they come up. We really value their insights and would appreciate it if they came to us with suggestions rather than vice versa.

Have a timeline in place on the client side. Have some buy-in: things often get held up on our side when we need to get approval for the next step. Make sure you have a process for approvals so that you stick to your own timeline and don’t drag it out further.

New Website for Promotional Products Manufacturer

"Strong communication was very helpful in our project."

Jan. - Nov. 2019

Lform Design developed a new e-commerce website for the client. They integrated the client’s Oracle application to track inventory. Their team continues to provide support and updates to the site.

Norwood, New Jersey
Giovanni Villalona
IT Director, AAA Innovations

Users and views have increased since the launch of the new site. The team at Lform Design is creative, task-oriented, and timely. They take the time to understand their client’s work and come up with customized solutions.

I am the IT Director at AAA Innovations, a promotional products company. We cater primarily to the ASI industry.

What challenge were you trying to address with Lform Design?

We wanted to completely redesign our website to give it a more modern feel while maintaining its functionality.

Lform Design developed a new website for us from scratch. They took ownership of all of the technical aspects of the project. One of the main features they provided was connecting our site to NetSuite. The new site also gives customers the ability to view inventory and mock-up virtual samples.

We worked with a team of five or six people from Lform Design including a programmer and project manager.

How did you come to work with Lform Design?

One of our team members recommended we look into them. We looked at six other companies, but Lform Design was the best fit for us.

We began the project in January 2019 and launched the site in November.

While the website is live, their team is still working with us on website updates. Our customers are really happy with the new website which is what is most important to us. There’s been an increase in users signing up for accounts on the site and we’ve had increased views.

How did Lform Design perform from a project management standpoint?

They performed very well. Their team is good at following up, meeting deadlines and is task-oriented. In fact, they pushed to set deadlines more so than we did. The project was time-sensitive, but we didn’t think we needed specific due dates. However, they still set up a schedule for themselves and followed through.

They’re on the ball. They understood our company and were very engaged.

No, I can’t think of anything bad to say.

Take the time to talk to them and give them as much information about your business as possible. Strong communication was very helpful in our project.

Overall Score They’re creative, task-oriented, and deliver what they promise.
    They delivered on time and stayed on task.
    They gave us great value for what we paid.
    They did exactly what they said they would do.
    You can’t go wrong working with them.

WordPress Website Redesign for Lumber Company

“We had a basic vision for our site, and Lform turned it into something incredible and easy to use.”

Jan.- Oct. 2017

Lform updated an old website, making it more user-friendly and easier to edit (without coding skills). Features included a new contact form, multimedia components, and social media integration.

Butler, New Jersey
Sales and Marketing Specialist, Lumber Company

Lform easily adapted to a changing scope and could always be reached. They continually provided progress reports and actively collaborated throughout the engagement. The new site has more features and information but is much easier to navigate, both as a user and admin.

I work in inside sales and marketing for a lumber company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Lform Design?

Our previous website was archaic, and we couldn't update it ourselves; it wasn't aesthetically-pleasing or user-friendly for someone unfamiliar with code, so we began searching for a developer who could give us a bigger internet presence, make a better-looking site, and build the site in a way that we could make changes in the future.

We were also in the process of combining three businesses into one, so the new partner would be replacing the previous web design firm.

Lform created a master sheet that outlined the major steps we needed to accomplish. Together, we picked out colors and templates for the website and worked on copy. We collaborated extensively, with me providing lots of information and vendor logos so Lform could design the exact site we wanted. The previous version was incredibly basic, so Lform had quite a bit of work to do.

They built a contact form, so people can now come to our site and fill out what kind of business owner they are (commercial, residential construction, etc.) so it’s easier and quicker for us to get a hold of them.

We have a page with pictures of projects our customers have done so prospective clients can see our material in action. Lform had the idea of putting a video on our landing page to make it more engaging and captivating.

One of the most important components was the backend they implemented on the WordPress site. It gives me full admin access, so I can make changes without having to do any code. Lform also integrated our social media and blog onto the home page. They integrated SEO keywords into our copy and taught me how to do that, but we didn’t pay them to actively work on SEO.

We had a project manager, copy writer, backend specialist, graphic designer, and two coders.

We became acquainted with everyone on the team, so I could talk to any of them whenever I needed help with a specific task. They all attended meetings for the most part, and I usually had daily contact with the project manager.

How did you come to work with Lform Design?

I found them on Google. I interviewed a few other companies, but Lform was fairly priced, local, and spent a lot of time with us writing proposals. Before even hiring them, they met with us several times to make sure they understood our needs that were frequently changing. They didn’t seem to have a problem with that, which was refreshing and much needed.

Other companies were either poor-quality or too expensive, and Lform fit our budget and plans. They even prepared various different proposals, presented to us (on their time), and gave us a good feeling, so we hired them.

We probably spent around $40,000.

We officially began working together in January 2017, and the site launched in October.

It hasn’t been long enough to have detailed metrics, but we’ve definitely had more site traffic and leads through our contact form. I'm the only one who maintains the site right now, and I love using it. It’s simple to navigate and easy to understand. Customers also seem to like the organized layout and that the new site provides them with much more information than the old one.

How did Lform Design perform from a project management standpoint?

Lform was efficient, easy to reach, and kept me informed at all times. I had all the team members’ phone numbers, so I could text any of them and get a response almost immediately.

We don’t have much technology experience, but Lform was able to work wonders. We had a basic vision for our site, and Lform turned it into something incredible and easy to use.

No, they did great.

For a small business like ours, do your website dev in the slow season if you don’t have someone solely dedicated to it. It can take a while to finish, and if you’re busy with other things, you won’t be able to utilize Lform to the best of their abilities.

Overall Score Lform figures out your needs and finds solutions. They make complicated concepts understandable and want you to be informed.
    We had some small miscommunications, but they were generally effective and on time.
    The website looks amazing, is super effective, and easy to use. It's definitely worth the price.
    I'm really happy with the end result. The website looks great, functions well, and is better than I thought.
    I would recommend them in a heartbeat.

CRM Web Redesign & SEO for Consulting Firm

“[Lform Design has] pushed us in the right direction to be a top competitor in our marketplace.”

2012 - Ongoing

Lform Design conducted three website redesigns, migrated CRM platforms, and repurchased a domain name. Features include video and blog homepage content, Twitter and LinkedIn integration, and a contact form.

Reston, Virginia
Colin Quinn
Director of Product Marketing, Kinetek

The new site integrates disparate content, generates leads, captures information, and offers clients content downloads. Adapting the SharpSpring CRM platform helped win a major contract and run successful email campaigns. SEO efforts elevated second-page Google rankings to the first result.

I'm the director of product marketing for Kinetek Consulting. We are a Deltek and IBM business partner that specializes in delivering solutions that empower people to make decisions that maximize performance. We specialize in transforming corporate data into actionable information through proven performance management consulting, training services, and technologies

What challenge were you trying to address with Lform Design?

When I started my position in 2012, our platform essentially looked like a dentist's office website from 1994. It was poorly put together and hosted on Go Daddy. We hired Lform Design to build out a completely new platform that would bring us into the 21st century. In addition, we needed support with our SEO efforts.

Lform Design built a new website that not only capture leads and information, but also offers our clients live downloads including white papers and videos. Their regeneration helped us created an upholstered online presence. Our current site is in its third redesign. Several of our efforts have focused on revamping our homepage for SEO purposes. They put together a video to replace static pictures, and fully implemented a blog and rolling Twitter feed. Just recently, we added a success stories page. Bits and pieces of our site are designed in Photoshop. We've been making constant updates and adding new features to stay current with trends and push customers through our sales cycle.

We've purchased a new CRM system through Lform Design that’s worked really well for us. We'd been using Salesforce, which was way too powerful of a tool. They suggested that SharpSpring would be more of a personal fit for us. It handles our full ERP, CRM, and email marketing. It's also tied into our website, and shows which pages the previous leads in our CRM visit on our site. Our Twitter and LinkedIn pages are now integrated into one central hub. They helped us get in as early adopters, so we have a locked-in, fixed price for eternity. The price has increased dramatically since, so that's helped us out crucially.

We usually worked with three to five team members from Lform Design. Our point of contact depended on the project stage. I worked most closely with Charles Punchatz, a full stack developer, a few of the designers, and occasionally the owner, Ian Loew. Although I’ve never met the owner face to face, I feel a strong rapport with him when we speak.

How did you come to work with Lform Design?

My boss, who is from New Jersey, hired them based on a friend’s word-of-mouth recommendation. Their price point was lower than the other considered vendor’s, as well. Once we began work together, they hit our project out of the park. We've stuck with them ever since.

We've spent $10,000 over five years of working together.

They started in 2012, and we've continually updated our site from one form to another, adding features to it piece by piece.

Many of our leads now come from the contact form they added to our website. Through the CRM and email marketing tool they gave us, we've run several successful email campaigns. Integrating our social media and blog into one platform has been a big win for us. It’s much better than having 10 platforms all running different functions. Recently, we won a significant contract and beat out two of our biggest competitors. The contacted lead came through the new website.

Their SEO efforts have seen a marked improvement in our page ranking. Our site was on the second page of Google before we began our engagement, and we’re currently listed as the first result. Our site was originally KinetekConsulting.com, and they helped us repurchase the domain name Kinetek.com. This purchase boosted our rankings even further. Since I obtain a lot of graphic design for our company and as a side business, I was very particular about what I wanted. They were able to address all my demands and needs for the actual website in the field and the user interface.

How did Lform Design perform from a project management standpoint?

We held weekly or even biweekly calls, and touched base via email, phone, and Skype. After we were first introduced, I did my due diligence to clearly define and convey our goals. During the second iteration of our site. I literally drew what I wanted with a pen and paper, sent it over, and asked the owner of Lform Design to make it a reality. Typically, we discussed whether or not to make any design changes before moving forward. They even talked me out of ideas that were misguided from that perspective. They were very good about listening to all my points and executing my requests.

Critically, their ability to judge trends helps us keep up with the competition. They've pushed us in the right direction to be a top competitor in our marketplace, and we've stayed ahead of the curve ever since. Efficiency is their greatest strength. Fixes were completed in 24 to 48 hours, and they don't charge me an hour of work for something that takes them ten seconds. They've been an awesome and consistent source of help.

Approach your project with an open mind. You should know what you want, but give them a blank canvas to work with. They will steer you towards the right decisions to put your business in the forefront of where it needs to be.

Overall Score We've held on to them since 2012, so they're doing something right.
    They were always able to work around my schedule, which is excellent since I'm pretty busy during the week.
    Our boss did a lot of research, and made them our number one partner going forward. We stuck with them, and their rates have been really good.
    Everything was on time, done quickly, and done right. If it wasn't done right, it was fixed really fast.
    I would definitely refer them; they’ve boosted our site rankings drastically.

Web Modernization Design, Dev & Branding

"Overall, we would label their work a success."

Aug. - Dec. 2017

Lform Design provided web and logo design in addition to copywriting services. They implemented search functions, configured web pages, and created contact forms for the site.

Glen Rock, New Jersey
Marketing Manager, First Continental International

Lform Design’s work resulted in an improved site and logo, garnering increased online traffic, searches, and interest from customers and potential employees. They were responsive and personable throughout the collaboration. They met expectations and delivered high-quality work.

I work for First Continental International, which is a chemical sourcing company that supplies raw materials to manufacturers primarily in the United States and Canada.

What challenge were you trying to address with Lform Design?

We were looking to develop, design, and upgrade our website to modernize its appearance and better connect with our customers online in addition to recreating the branding of our logo.

Our previous website was designed about 15 years ago, so we reached out to Lform to redesign our site. Our goals included: advertising ourselves better through our online model, appearing on Google Search results, and increasing our business through a modernized website. During our initial meeting, we discussed our goals for the new site and logo, and we laid out our full timeline and work process. We then began work on our logo and branding. They came up with two logo ideas, and we picked our favorite option and refined it.

Next, we started work on the site and discussed the types of web pages we wanted and how we wanted our information displayed. They designed the site, and after some back and forth we completed the final product. Some important features they developed include a contact form and a search function. Users can fill out the form to place inquiries about multiple products. We used their copywriting services to review and edit our content. They also helped us highlight our visual content and site imagery through their designs. They delivered a well-designed site that was mobile, desktop, and tablet friendly.

We worked directly with about five people from their team. We worked and communicated with Ian (Owner, Creative Director, and Project Manager, Lform Design). Jeff (Art Director, Lform Design) helped us design the aesthetics of the website and the logo. Charles (Web Developer, Lform Design) handled site programming and helped us with site forms and web page configuration. Lyndsay (Creative Content Writer, Lform Design) reviewed and edited our content, and Raj (Media Manager and Quality Assurance Specialist, Lform Design) trained us on how to use the backend software for updating the website and helped us integrate and select pictures for the site.

How did you come to work with Lform Design?

We looked at about eight web designers that specialized in site development for businesses, and seriously considered three of them. We wanted to hire a local firm, so we could coordinate closely. We found Lform through a Google search. They had positive online reviews with multiple five-star ratings.

They seemed more knowledgeable than the other web designers we met with. Ian was transparent and honest about their pricing structure and the types of considerations they take when building a website. It was clear that they were trying to educate us on their product and services, so we could make a good decision. We felt they were trustworthy, and there was no contest when it came to choosing them.

We started working together in August 2017, and we finished working together after the site launched in December 2017.

We have analytical software built into the site, which allows us to monitor site visits. It's difficult to measure the full extent of their impact because we didn't have analytical software built into our old site, but we're very happy with our results. We have considerable online traffic and based on the types of pages visited, it's obvious users are finding us through Google search engines.

We can also tell from the inquiries submitted through our site that we've actually re-established contact with previous customers. We have had a noticeable uptick in potential candidates that have stopped by our booth at college career fairs, which we attribute to our new branding, more attractive logo, and improved site. Overall, we would label their work a success.

How did Lform Design perform from a project management standpoint?

We would communicate on average once a week, and we would have a meeting once a month. They were very responsive, and any suggested change was implemented exactly as requested. They did a great job delivering what we needed, and the expectations that were set at our first meeting such as our project timeline were met. They did an excellent job from a project management standpoint, and our work process was organized and straightforward.

They are extremely personable, which separates them from other web designers. They took the project on and showed that they cared about it as much as we did. They didn’t treat us like a client but like a friend. They took the time to learn about our company during our initial meetings by asking us questions about our services and business culture in order to better develop our logo and site. They were creative when redesigning the site, but they made sure it still worked for our business model.

We had a good experience working with them. There may have been room for improvement if our project had been more advanced, but I can’t specifically think of anything to change.

My advice is to prepare ahead of time. Get an idea of what you are looking for and set goals for yourself. They have different site design packages and options, so it would be most cost-effective to lay out all your plans and specifications before starting any work. We were very happy with their work and were able to have productive initial meetings, which is what I hope everybody experiences.

Overall Score We couldn't be happier with our logo and site. There's no reason not to give them a perfect score.
    Everybody was on time, and everything proceeded on schedule.
    Other companies offered more competitive rates, but we’re pleased with the work they did. They were worth every penny.
    The quality of their work is fantastic, and if there was any issue such as a program bug they were able to correct it almost immediately.
    I’d refer them because they did an excellent job. If you can afford their work, they provide essential services and are very professional.

Branding, Design & Marketing for Consulting Firm

"I don't think I can ask for much more."

2015 - Ongoing

LForm began with a brand refresh, updating the logo and marketing materials. They then built a new website and established an SEO and content development program. They now provide ongoing marketing services.

Principal, Consulting Firm

The content that LForm generates is well received by customers and partners and allows the internal team to focus on larger initiatives. They have proven to be a valuable and reliable full-service partner with skills in many areas.

I am one of the owners and principals of a real-estate-focused software consulting firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with LForm Design?

We were looking to rebrand. We essentially wanted to take our old and tired brand, which was initially conceived around 1999, revamp it, and then come up with a refreshed and redesigned web presence as well as a solidified marketing program.

We started off with the design and rebranding, which included the conceptualization of the new logo, design, colors, etc. LForm walked us through that process from start to finish. We had some specifics regarding where we would market our services, such as online and at trade shows and via print materials, giveaways, etc. We wanted to have a solid understanding of how the branding would come across in different venues and on different materials — in black and white and printed small on a pen versus in color and displayed largely on a website, for example. That helped us get to our ultimate design, which we wanted to keep true to our original logo so people could still associate it with our brand. When we went through this process, we tried to modernize our logo as much as possible. People knew our company name and what we did at this point, and we didn't feel like we needed a tagline incorporated into the logo anymore. So, we removed it at Lform’s suggestion and achieved a very nice, clean and modern look.

The second part of the process was building the website and developing the marketing materials. We wanted to carry over some of the content from the old website and refresh a lot of the other material. LForm helped us get that together. We took inspiration from our peers, firms similar to ours, and consulting firms outside of our industry, and fit it into the needs of our website, which LForm developed using HubSpot as the underlying content management and full marketing system. LForm also helped us put together an SEO [search engine optimization] and content development program.

How did you come to work with LForm Design?

I think we selected LForm from a list of three or four agencies. We had a long list to start with, and we looked for people that fit our culture, understood what we were trying to do, and were able to understand our industry. Few agencies had worked directly in our industry or for our competitors, so we were looking for broad experience. We also were looking to bring design expertise, web development, etc., all under one umbrella, so we ended up looking more toward agencies that would do multiple things. We also wanted an agency that wanted to work with us for an extended period of time.

How much have you invested with LForm Design?

I think we’ve probably spent around $200,000.

I think we started working with LForm in 2015, and our relationship is ongoing. They do our content marketing, which I think has been the most significant change for us. They are experts who are able to take what we learn from our various client engagements and conferences, put a little polish on it, and present it to the mass market. We also have them develop e-books, graphics, and special projects around blog posts and social media.

I've had a lot of clients compliment us and say they like the website redesign, and they continue to read the blog posts we publish on a regular basis. The software vendor partners we work with are excited about some of the content we’re posting. It’s somewhat of an enhancement to their own marketing programs. The new website is getting noticed, and I think it’s getting noticed because it’s an ongoing, consistent effort, which helps us.

Using the content writers at LForm, we typically have one of our subject matter experts, consultants or support members come up with an idea and do a brain dump for 15 to 30 minutes with someone from LForm. They take everything, synthesize it, do additional research, and come up with what it should look like and how it should be presented. Then, they come back to us with a draft, we review it, and then publish it. Now we can focus more on the ideas and the content from a higher level. We do the same thing with our client testimonials, which makes it easy for our clients because it doesn’t take a lot of their time.

How did LForm Design perform from a project management standpoint?

I think LForm performs fairly well from a project management standpoint. We had a couple of challenges when they had some turnover, but that wasn’t necessarily their fault. Our original account manager was transferred, and then one person left, and now we have a new person. It was all short term. Unless you're working with a massive agency where there’s a lot of redundancy, you're bound to have that eventually.

What did you find most impressive about LForm Design?

I think the best thing has been the working relationship. For us, it really came down to being able to find somebody that can do most of the design, web development, and SEO stuff under one umbrella, and having the skill sets in-house to do so. It was also important that they be able to represent our brand the way we wanted. We wanted to keep our personality and the organization’s culture the way it was.

Our clients appreciate the personal touch brand that we’ve developed over the years. We wanted to make sure that our clients felt that we had their best interests at heart, and that comes through in the marketing, website design, and overall content. Of course, we’re looking for new business and new deals, and we want to bring in new leads, but we’re looking for that to translate into a long-term relationship with our clients.

Are there any areas LForm Design could improve?

The turnover they experienced was inconvenient, but we’re looking forward to this year and streamlining our process. They’re a relatively small firm right now, but they’re going to continue to grow their capabilities, which I think will make them better in the long term. There are certain things they just don't do natively, which is fine for us, but it may be an issue for other companies. For instance, they don't do videography elements, and I'm sure some of the bigger agencies take that into account. We don't need that much from videography, so it doesn't bother us.

Overall Score We’ve both stayed committed to the project, and they’re constantly looking to improve. They keep on top of me to make sure that things keep moving. I don't think I can ask for much more.
    I think they’ve pretty much always hit their deadlines. We have not always been good about setting deadlines, which is our fault; we reprioritize every time we have a new idea.
    I think we’ve been getting pretty good value for our money.
    I think we’re in a happy place now. In the earlier stages, there were many more iterations, but we’ve streamlined a little over the years. I think that’s to be expected with anybody.
    I just did a referral for them with another client.

GOLD VERIFIED