Super Technical, Exceptionally Human

When you’re building an IT support team, it’s important to ensure that your resources are technical, but also human. The people at Leveldesk ensure that your systems are up to date and that your team is supported. Where we excel is in our ability to interact and communicate effectively with our clients.

Equal parts of technical ability, communication skills, and awesomeness have been the secret sauce to our success over the years.

Brooklyn, NY
  • 231 16th Street
    Brooklyn, NY 11215
  • 200 Spectrum Center Dr, Suite 300
    Irvine, CA 92618

Data Management for Golf Photographer

"Even if they did not have an immediate solution, they always came up with one."

Mar. 2018 - Ongoing

A golf photography firm hired Leveldesk for the cloud management of its image bank. They also handle all IT issues, email troubleshooting, and website security issues across four computers and 10+ TB of data.

Westerly, Rhode Island
Laurence Lambrecht
Owner, Lambrecht Photography / Golfstock

Leveldesk is honest when considering options and is thoughtful when providing feedback. They have the experience to always come up with solutions for any problems and are dependable. The workflow between the teams was great.

We are a photography/media company specializing in the golf business. I create images for the golf industry and print books, art and calendars for various clients around the world. As owner of the company, I oversee the management of all the images.

For what projects/services did your company hire Leveldesk?

Leveldesk is responsible for the cloud management of my image bank as well as all my IT issues stemming from email troubleshooting to website security issues.

To be able to rely on someone I trust with questions concerning my business and its digital footprint, management and functionality. Due to the timely nature of my business, I cannot be offline or compromised in the IT facility.

I have know Erich Beckmann for several years as an independent consultant and his association with Leveldesk was the primary reason for the decision.

4 computers, different platforms, accounting, photography stock, redundant storage of 10+ TB of digital information. Seamless worlflow and Intergration. Set up for NAS/Raid solution for the office with access for all computers to supply fast access to images.

This was not an issue

When considering various options for the back up system for my photography, Erich was very honest and thorough about the options I had in both cost and dependability.

Excellent, never an issue.

Experience with the issues I was concerned about, even if they did not have an immediate solution, they always came up with one.

NO I don't think so.

Never a problem, email response is quick.
    Fair for the service they provide.
    Solutions are always prompt and accurate
    I have no reservations about referring this service to a friend or client.

IT Services for Digital Services & Development Company

“They went above and beyond what they promised they’d achieve in order to give me the best possible experience.”

Apr. 2019 - Ongoing

Leveldesk provides IT managed services for a digital services company. They handled the partner's transition from a physical office space to a virtual remote one. Now, they provide ongoing support and updates.

Alexander Acker
President, Adventure House

The transition was smooth and successful. Leveldesk exceeds the partner's expectations while implementing a problem-solving mindset. Delivering on time and within budget, they go out of their way to ensure everything is running efficiently. Availability is a hallmark of their work.

I’m the president of Adventure House. We work with global clients, mostly in the financial space, related to banking, payments, insurance, and investments. However, we also work with clients in the education and startup spaces.

What challenge were you trying to address with Leveldesk?

I was looking for a new IT managed services partner who could help me transition from a physical office space to a virtual technology solution. Currently, a lot of clients are scrambling to move to virtual work, but we were set up last year.

Leveldesk helped us move our technology and servers. They built out a strategy so our staff could work at their physical workstations with a cloud-based backup system. We slowly built out the processes, systems, and technology that was right for my company’s needs. They handled everything from ground-wiring my home to laying out infrastructure and systems to setting up new technologies.

The Leveldesk team set up all our staff members with protocols and methodologies in order to effectively work in a virtual manner. They also set up our phone system so the staff could talk to each other and be reached by clients. Our goal was to be seamless and transparent. Staff members can receive office calls on their mobile phones.

There were two people, and they worked on-site.

How did you come to work with Leveldesk?

I had originally hired a different IT company and then realized they weren’t the right fit. Because I was still within the trial period, I canceled the engagement. Then, I was referred to Leveldesk by a trusted colleague.

We’ve invested between $15,000–$20,000.

Our partnership began in April 2019 and is ongoing.

We’re a small firm so it was important to have a timetable. Our team needed to be out of the physical space by a designated time, and Leveldesk achieved that deadline. They finished on time and maintained their pre-set schedule. Their team delivered within budget and didn’t exceed what was quoted.

They went above and beyond what they promised they’d achieve in order to give me the best possible experience in making the transition. Their team is available whenever we need them for ongoing service support and questions. Even right now in these challenging times, they're making sure that we’re all set.

How did Leveldesk perform from a project management standpoint?

They successfully executed the plan that they laid out. What’s more, they modified and improved where it made sense to. Leveldesk has a problem-solving mindset. They really rise to the challenge and exceed expectations.

I’ll reiterate that their work has exceeded my expectations. Our staff is very happy with the results as well as the new workflow, server, and technology that was set up in order to access files.

I have nothing but love for them. There were, and currently still are, no issues throughout the entire process.

Make sure to clearly present the issues you’re facing. Express the strategy you’re looking to employ and provide all the details and barriers that’ll help you get there. Also, be transparent with what you want to spend. Leveldesk will provide the most logical strategy to help you achieve your objectives.

Managed IT Services for Architectural Signage Fabricator

"They communicate clearly and set reasonable expectations— either meeting or exceeding them."

Dec. 2019 - Ongoing

Leveldesk manages IT services to augment resources for an architectural signage fabricator. The team supports users and the technical infrastructure including servers, networks, and file services.

Santa Ana, California
Ed Cuneo
Estimator, TFN Architectural Signage, Inc.

Leveldesk delivers superior services that improved the system performance to the satisfaction of internal stakeholders. The team is accessible and attentive, locating subtle challenges and providing solutions quickly. They offer unique industry expertise that supports an effective partnership.

For the past 20 years, I've completed technical tasks and fabrication estimating for an architectural signage fabricator. We focus on aluminum fabrication and interior signs.

What challenge were you trying to address with Leveldesk?

Our company grew to a size such that I couldn’t keep up with our computer needs. We had an IT service provider that didn’t fulfill our needs, so we needed alternative outside help.

Leveldesk is overhauling our entire system. Their team provides a complete service for our users and infrastructure. They maintain servers, individual workstations, configures our network and file services. After the overhaul, their team will stay on for continual support.

We interact with three people but our main point of contact’s George (Partner, Leveldesk).

How did you come to work with Leveldesk?

I searched online for IT service providers near the company and found Clutch where I read reviews five different IT companies. I called and interviewed the companies, but Leveldesk was the most qualified to fulfill our needs. We needed a partner that was as competent in a Mac environment as well as Windows.

We spent around $15,000 on their services. Their team completed projects in addition to their suite of services.

We started working together in December 2019 and our engagement’s ongoing.

Our network and file services run much better. Leveldesk identified and fixed many problems that our previous provider didn’t identify. Their team is more competent than our previous provider. Every interaction with their team’s pleasant and our entire team’s happy to work with them.

How did Leveldesk perform from a project management standpoint?

While they prefer that we submit a ticket online, I communicate with George via Microsoft Teams primarily. They also provide phone support. When there are issues, their replies are always prompt. Leveldesk handles every issue that we have in a timely manner and communicates immediately when doing so.

Leveldesk performs so much better than our previous provider. They communicate clearly and set reasonable expectations— either meeting or exceeding them. When their team identifies a problem, they actually fix it. That hasn’t always been my experience with IT providers.

Honestly, no.

Be clear about your needs. Leveldesk asks good questions to identify your needs. Be honest about your situation and let their team formulate a plan to meet your needs efficiently.

They either meet or beat their cost and time estimates.
    I’d recommend them to everyone except I want them all for our account.

IT Support for Construction Management Company

“They’re always reachable to my team.”

Oct. 2017 - Ongoing

Leveldesk offers continued IT services to a construction management company, working both on and offsite. Their latest project consisted of a site migration away from GoDaddy. They also provide tech support.

Brooklyn, New York
S. Baptiste
CEO, Laland Baptiste

All of the deliverables have impressed internal stakeholders so far. The team’s ability to formulate accurate proposals and professionally manage customer service in a timely fashion made them stand out from their competition. They consistently follow up with their partner for feedback.

I’m the CEO of a construction management services company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Leveldesk?

We needed a partner to solve all the IT-related issues we were facing.

Our company needed a server and proper file storage management on that server. Additionally, our team needed technical assistance including hiring new employees, setting up emails, software upgrades, firewall protection, and more.

They worked both on-site and remotely. At the beginning of the collaboration, someone came on-site to evaluate our current systems. When we ordered new equipment, they came to our office to install it. Otherwise, they generally provide support remotely. Most recently, we worked on a migration project together.

There were 5–6 people working on the project altogether.

How did you come to work with Leveldesk?

We started off by doing an online search for potential service providers. I think my partner ended up finding Leveldesk and suggesting that we work with them.

We’ve spent between $10,000–$50,000 on their services to date.

We started working together in October 2017, and the relationship is ongoing.

They truly deliver on their promises. For example, we just completed a site migration away from GoDaddy. That was conducted over a weekend, so when we came back on Monday, the migration was totally completed. All of their completed projects work well. I’ve received positive feedback on their work from my internal staff, too.

How did Leveldesk perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re responsive, consistently following up to address concerns. Even after they completed the site migration, they called us to see if we had any questions or issues with the new site. They close the loop on projects well.

They’re always reachable to my team. We can call the help desk whenever we have questions to get the information we need to move forward. The level of service they’re able to provide makes them stand out.

I can’t think of anything.

I’d definitely recommend working with them. They’ll work with you to create a detailed proposal and answer any questions you may have. If you’re looking for an IT partner, just ask the necessary questions and go for it.

Data Floor Plan for Building Company

"They're down-to-earth, and I feel I'm dealing with real humans, not just business people."

June - Nov. 2017

Leveldesk created a data floor plan, installed a security system, and technologically equipped a new office space, while managing the project entirely with general contractors.

Ilan Stern
Vice President, New York Building Congress

They're responsive, detail-oriented, and personable. They stayed within the budget and offered alternative solutions without compromising the quality of the products.

I'm the vice president of the New York Building Congress, which is a membership organization for the construction industry in the New York metropolitan region.

What challenge were you trying to address with Leveldesk?

We were in the process of looking for a new office space, so we needed a company to evaluate our current infrastructure, explain to us the process and what financial investments we'd need to make, and then retrofit the building entirely for our system.

Leveldesk worked with the electrical contractor to provide the data floor plan: they coordinated how many jacks there would be in the walls, where the best positioning for wireless access points would be, and other details. Their responsibility was also to retrofit new technologies in the new space and install our security system - a door access card system linked to a fire suppression system of the building.

They've moved our technology from our current space to the new space, set it up and coordinated everything with Internet service providers. They've also installed cable TVs and connected them using HDMI [High-Definition Multimedia Interface].

They interacted with all the contractors and I didn't have to oversee their coordination. One of their strengths is finding a solution that wouldn't impede on our financial commitments - so we don't have to pay for changes.

How did you come to work with them?

I worked with them at the Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce and was happy with their services, so we didn't hesitate to hire them for this project.

We spent around $75,000.

The project happened in June–November 2017, but they still provide ongoing monthly services for us.

They put together a great data floor plan that met our budget and was on time.

How did they perform from a project management standpoint?

They were methodical and meticulous in creating a schedule that was fit for the project, cooperating with their cable experts, electricians, and mechanical engineers for the HVAC [Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning] system.

It's more than just a business relationship, it's a friendship. They're down-to-earth, and I feel I'm dealing with real humans, not just business people. They worked with the Chamber of Commerce and have experience with membership and non-for-profit organizations, so they understand our unique needs.

Overall Score They're very responsive and easy work with. They would be a great fit for anyone.
    There was only one time when someone was late, and that never happened again.
    They worked with our budget and negotiated to determine what comparable products we could use without diminishing quality.
    They've been in business for a very long time and know what they're doing. I completely trust them.

IT and Internet Services for Digital Marketing Agency

"They have a proactive approach, which was crucial for this move."

Oct. 2016 - Ongoing

Leveldesk provided Internet, cable, and networking services to support the transition to a new space with a large staff. They provided innovative solutions to service an untraditional space.

Gerard Boucher
Founder, Boucher + Co

Leveldesk provided services beyond the original scope of their contract to ensure the success of the infrastructure. The team focused heavily on the reliability of their work, offering daily communication to ensure satisfaction. Since installation, there has been no unexpected downtime.

I’m the founder of a digital marketing agency.

What challenge were you trying to address with Leveldesk?

We recently moved into a larger space with more staff, and we needed our Internet, cable, and wireless setup in the new location. Our Internet connection had to be super fast as we have a lot of people using it for their day-to-day work. We also needed guest Wi-Fi for visitors and a backup Internet connection. The entire office needed to be wired for Ethernet connectivity, with ports at every desk.

One of the major services they provided was wiring the office for Internet, cable, and all networking needs. They set up two Wi-Fi hot spots, the primary fiber Internet connection, and the backup cable Internet connection.

We have an interesting layout in the new space, and we wanted to run the cable to all the executive offices and store the cable boxes in the IT room. Leveldesk came up with an innovative solution for that. They put extenders in all the offices so that we didn’t need the actual cable boxes inside the offices. That was done in addition to what was promised to us, so we were very happy.

Leveldesk also set up a wireless camera system for recording activity in the office.

How did you come to work with Leveldesk?

I had met George, the founder of Leveldesk, through some networking over the years, and I’ve worked with him previously.

How much have you invested with Leveldesk?

We’ve paid $20,000 for their services.

The project began in October 2016, and the relationship is ongoing for maintenance. When you have an Internet connection, there are a number of issues that can arise. George and Leveldesk look into those for us as needed and help us figure out a solution.

It was very important to Leveldesk, and George in particular, to make sure we were happy with everything. For about the first month after the installation, he would check in every day to ensure everything was working smoothly. If I ever had any issues, I’d just call him up, and it was fixed quickly. I was very satisfied with that. He’s given me other options for services we might want in the future, which I’m keeping an eye out for. We haven’t had any unexpected downtime or problems with the infrastructure since it was installed.

How did Leveldesk perform from a project management standpoint?

George has been very good with scheduling. We made an appointment for the guys to come in and lay the cabling, and they were on time, friendly, and very informative throughout the process. I was pleased with that. They have a proactive approach, which was crucial for this move. We couldn’t have dealt with this and the rest of the move, and George was very helpful with that.

What did you find most impressive about Leveldesk?

The infrastructure they installed is pretty innovative. Everything is wireless and connected to the Internet. We’re not using traditional cable for the TV or cameras; it’s all over the Internet. The management system for the cameras and the Wi-Fi hot-spots is all in the cloud, so we can access it anywhere. That’s very important to us.

Are there any areas Leveldesk could improve?

Laying out the options better is important since there are so many available on the market. I understand a lot of networking options, but I think an average customer would need further explanation.

Overall Score I’m very impressed with their services.
    This move was on a strict timeline. There were some residual delays in getting equipment from some manufacturers, which Leveldesk couldn’t control. They did their best to keep us in the loop on that.
    There’s always a cheaper solution, but the solutions Leveldesk recommended were the right ones for me.
    The uptime we’ve experienced has been wonderful. There’s been no equipment malfunction, and we’ve been here four months. A lot of that will usually malfunction pretty quickly if it’s going to at all, so we’re happy with that.
    I would be very happy to refer them.

IT Infrastructure for Fintech Startup

"Their commitment to customer service is one of a kind."

Sept. 2015 - Ongoing

Leveldesk provided an IT infrastructure that could cope with a rapidly growing team. After initially assessing the technology, the team provided a hardware environment, new software, and ongoing maintenance.

Chief of Staff, Fintech Startup

The updated infrastructure is incredibly reliable, and has been running without unplanned interruptions since 2015. The work has been praised in a number of audits, and Leveldesk surpassed expectations with regards to timelines and availability.

My company is a startup—a financial technology company based in New York. We’re an online lending business with just under 100 employees. As is the case with many startups, I’ve been involved with many functions of the business. I focus most of my time on fundraising, on both the equity and debt sides, as well as strategy and general management of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Leveldesk?

Our team was growing very rapidly, and our IT infrastructure was suffering as a result. We hired too many people in a short period of time, and we couldn’t support the increased amount of activity.

We hired Leveldesk to perform an assessment of the current environment, create a proposal for a new IT infrastructure, and then implement and monitor on an ongoing basis. I trust George, the founder and CEO of Leveldesk. I put a lot of personal and professional trust in him, and he basically handles everything related to IT, but I can’t give specifics of what was done.

I can say that he sourced and implemented a new hardware environment. He installed a bunch of new software to monitor our IT infrastructure on an ongoing basis, including but not limited to data security management, data leakage protocols, single sign-on environments, and other tasks related to security. We didn’t have a CTO at the time, and we were also moving offices. Leveldesk built out the entire infrastructure for our new offices, as well as improving the prior office.

How did you come to work with Leveldesk?

I was introduced to various IT providers by a consultant I knew through a prior job. I chose George based on his ability, customer service, and the trust I developed with him over a series of meetings. He did a lot of work for us before we paid him a dollar, and he was doing good work out of good faith. That made it easy to trust him.

How much have you invested with Leveldesk?

We’ve spent between $200,000 and $1 million.

We began working together in September or October of 2015, and the relationship is ongoing. The implementation is complete, and now they do ongoing monitoring.

The entire infrastructure is incredibly reliable. Our prior system went down almost weekly, but this system has been up and running since the end of 2015 with zero unplanned interruptions. We’ve had a number of audits by third parties for various deals we were doing, and those parties were always satisfied with the infrastructure Leveldesk implemented.

How did Leveldesk perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve gone above and beyond, especially in project management. They’ve clearly and accurately communicated timelines. They’ve worked on nights and weekends to help accelerate those timelines.

What did you find most impressive about Leveldesk?

Their commitment to customer service is one of a kind. George came out personally, along with some of his team, on multiple mornings and over weekends to ensure we would hit our deadlines. There were even some sessions that lasted longer than 24 hours on-site.

Are there any areas Leveldesk could improve?

No. I was very satisfied with everything they did. I wouldn’t complain about a single thing.

They worked unusual and demanding hours to meet the deadline.
    Some suppliers were less expensive, but they would not have provided the same value. There were also more expensive suppliers that would have provided less value.
    We haven’t experienced any unplanned interruptions for almost two years now.
    I’ve done it multiple times.

Managed IT Services for Personal Insurance Company

"They were able to meet all our deadlines, allowing us to move into our new and better space."

May 2016 - Ongoing

Leveldesk supported a migration to a new office by managing IT installations, including cabling, wiring, Wi-Fi, and equipment. The team also provided consulting services regarding IT needs and benefits.

CTO, Insurance Startup

The installation was high-quality and well-managed. Despite a constrained budget, the work was clean and felt modern. Leveldesk now follows up with site visits and still manages the office Wi-Fi network. They have created a personal relationship and are helpful, even when not part of the service.

I worked for an online marketplace for personal insurance. We help people decide if they need insurance, how much they need, and which insurance product is the best for them.

What challenge were you trying to address with Leveldesk?

We were moving offices and fitting out an entirely new space. We needed to engage a firm for all IT installation.

We used Leveldesk for all our IT installation, for the cabling, wiring, installation of Wi-Fi, setup of the networking equipment, TV’s, and meeting room equipment. Leveldesk also managed our Wi-Fi network. Leveldesk also provided consulting services, and they told us quite honestly when there were things we didn’t need, which built a lot of trust.

How did you come to work with Leveldesk?

We were referred to Leveldesk by another startup. We always consider at least three vendors. We chose Leveldesk because they were able to match our pricing, and also because they’re very hands-on and involved in terms of customer engagement. It felt like we were getting great recommendations and advice, rather than just a quote that was a list of menu items.

We’ve spent $20,000.

We started working with Leveldesk in April or May 2016, and the relationship is ongoing.

All the installation was extremely high quality. Leveldesk did the data cabling throughout the whole office, and it’s very neat and tidy. They accomplished the work in a clean and modern way, even though we had a relatively constrained budget. There were a few instances when we needed immediate assistance with Wi-Fi setup or VPN [virtual private network], they logged on remotely, and immediately fixed it. Leveldesk would often follow-up with a site visit to make sure everything was okay. They were able to meet all our deadlines, allowing us to move into our new and better space.

How did Leveldesk perform from a project management standpoint?

Leveldesk was great. There was a lot of follow-up, and they were responsive to all our requests for information. After the project, they regularly checked in with us to see if we needed anything or had problems.

What did you find most impressive about Leveldesk?

Leveldesk has established a very personal relationship. We have an account manager who knows people at our company by name and regularly comes to check in and see how they can be useful. Also, they were more than happy to recommend other services we needed, which they didn’t provide, without a benefit to them. Leveldesk connected us with vendors for leasing printing equipment and audiovisual equipment. They were happy to be helpful even if it wasn’t part of their service.

Are there any areas Leveldesk could improve?

I don't have any suggestions for that engagement. We were very happy, given our experience with other vendors.

Everything was delivered on time. In almost all cases, Leveldesk was proactive about scheduling.
    There were some cheaper vendors, but we didn’t have the confidence that they’d be able to deliver the same quality.
    Everything was high quality and easy installation. It works, and we’re happy.

Network Management for Small Law Firm

"Erich and his team were responsive, professional, highly knowledgeable and prompt."

Jan. 2016 - Ongoing

Leveldesk maintains software, along with email and server functionality. They also provide data back up services and electronic discovery consulting.

New York
Christopher Gray
President, Law Office of Christopher J. Gray, P.C.

Internal stakeholders are pleased with the vendor's services. The team delivers quality IT solutions quickly, and they offer good value for an affordable price.

I am the president of a small law firm.

For what projects/services did your company hire Leveldesk?

Maintenance of software, email and server, data backup, electronic discovery consulting.

Keeping computer systems running smoothly and securely.

Referral from a friend.

Erich Beckmann and team.

Extremely effective.

Delivery of most current IT solutions in a responsive manner, at a fair price.

None.