Super Technical, Exceptionally Human

When you’re building an IT support team, it’s important to ensure that your resources are technical, but also human. The people at Leveldesk ensure that your systems are up to date and that your team is supported. Where we excel is in our ability to interact and communicate effectively with our clients.

Equal parts of technical ability, communication skills, and awesomeness have been the secret sauce to our success over the years.

Brooklyn, NY
  • 231 16th Street
    Brooklyn, NY 11215
  • 200 Spectrum Center Dr, Suite 300
    Irvine, CA 92618

IT Support for Construction Management Company

“They’re always reachable to my team.”

Oct. 2017 - Ongoing

Leveldesk offers continued IT services to a construction management company, working both on and offsite. Their latest project consisted of a site migration away from GoDaddy. They also provide tech support.

Brooklyn, New York
S. Baptiste
CEO, Laland Baptiste

All of the deliverables have impressed internal stakeholders so far. The team’s ability to formulate accurate proposals and professionally manage customer service in a timely fashion made them stand out from their competition. They consistently follow up with their partner for feedback.

I’m the CEO of a construction management services company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Leveldesk?

We needed a partner to solve all the IT-related issues we were facing.

Our company needed a server and proper file storage management on that server. Additionally, our team needed technical assistance including hiring new employees, setting up emails, software upgrades, firewall protection, and more.

They worked both on-site and remotely. At the beginning of the collaboration, someone came on-site to evaluate our current systems. When we ordered new equipment, they came to our office to install it. Otherwise, they generally provide support remotely. Most recently, we worked on a migration project together.

There were 5–6 people working on the project altogether.

How did you come to work with Leveldesk?

We started off by doing an online search for potential service providers. I think my partner ended up finding Leveldesk and suggesting that we work with them.

We’ve spent between $10,000–$50,000 on their services to date.

We started working together in October 2017, and the relationship is ongoing.

They truly deliver on their promises. For example, we just completed a site migration away from GoDaddy. That was conducted over a weekend, so when we came back on Monday, the migration was totally completed. All of their completed projects work well. I’ve received positive feedback on their work from my internal staff, too.

How did Leveldesk perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re responsive, consistently following up to address concerns. Even after they completed the site migration, they called us to see if we had any questions or issues with the new site. They close the loop on projects well.

They’re always reachable to my team. We can call the help desk whenever we have questions to get the information we need to move forward. The level of service they’re able to provide makes them stand out.

I can’t think of anything.

I’d definitely recommend working with them. They’ll work with you to create a detailed proposal and answer any questions you may have. If you’re looking for an IT partner, just ask the necessary questions and go for it.

Data Floor Plan for Building Company

"They're down-to-earth, and I feel I'm dealing with real humans, not just business people."

June - Nov. 2017

Leveldesk created a data floor plan, installed a security system, and technologically equipped a new office space, while managing the project entirely with general contractors.

Ilan Stern
Vice President, New York Building Congress

They're responsive, detail-oriented, and personable. They stayed within the budget and offered alternative solutions without compromising the quality of the products.

I'm the vice president of the New York Building Congress, which is a membership organization for the construction industry in the New York metropolitan region.

What challenge were you trying to address with Leveldesk?

We were in the process of looking for a new office space, so we needed a company to evaluate our current infrastructure, explain to us the process and what financial investments we'd need to make, and then retrofit the building entirely for our system.

Leveldesk worked with the electrical contractor to provide the data floor plan: they coordinated how many jacks there would be in the walls, where the best positioning for wireless access points would be, and other details. Their responsibility was also to retrofit new technologies in the new space and install our security system - a door access card system linked to a fire suppression system of the building.

They've moved our technology from our current space to the new space, set it up and coordinated everything with Internet service providers. They've also installed cable TVs and connected them using HDMI [High-Definition Multimedia Interface].

They interacted with all the contractors and I didn't have to oversee their coordination. One of their strengths is finding a solution that wouldn't impede on our financial commitments - so we don't have to pay for changes.

How did you come to work with them?

I worked with them at the Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce and was happy with their services, so we didn't hesitate to hire them for this project.

We spent around $75,000.

The project happened in June–November 2017, but they still provide ongoing monthly services for us.

They put together a great data floor plan that met our budget and was on time.

How did they perform from a project management standpoint?

They were methodical and meticulous in creating a schedule that was fit for the project, cooperating with their cable experts, electricians, and mechanical engineers for the HVAC [Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning] system.

It's more than just a business relationship, it's a friendship. They're down-to-earth, and I feel I'm dealing with real humans, not just business people. They worked with the Chamber of Commerce and have experience with membership and non-for-profit organizations, so they understand our unique needs.

Overall Score They're very responsive and easy work with. They would be a great fit for anyone.
    There was only one time when someone was late, and that never happened again.
    They worked with our budget and negotiated to determine what comparable products we could use without diminishing quality.
    They've been in business for a very long time and know what they're doing. I completely trust them.

IT and Internet Services for Digital Marketing Agency

"They have a proactive approach, which was crucial for this move."

Oct. 2016 - Ongoing

Leveldesk provided Internet, cable, and networking services to support the transition to a new space with a large staff. They provided innovative solutions to service an untraditional space.

Gerard Boucher
Founder, Boucher + Co

Leveldesk provided services beyond the original scope of their contract to ensure the success of the infrastructure. The team focused heavily on the reliability of their work, offering daily communication to ensure satisfaction. Since installation, there has been no unexpected downtime.

I’m the founder of a digital marketing agency.

What challenge were you trying to address with Leveldesk?

We recently moved into a larger space with more staff, and we needed our Internet, cable, and wireless setup in the new location. Our Internet connection had to be super fast as we have a lot of people using it for their day-to-day work. We also needed guest Wi-Fi for visitors and a backup Internet connection. The entire office needed to be wired for Ethernet connectivity, with ports at every desk.

One of the major services they provided was wiring the office for Internet, cable, and all networking needs. They set up two Wi-Fi hot spots, the primary fiber Internet connection, and the backup cable Internet connection.

We have an interesting layout in the new space, and we wanted to run the cable to all the executive offices and store the cable boxes in the IT room. Leveldesk came up with an innovative solution for that. They put extenders in all the offices so that we didn’t need the actual cable boxes inside the offices. That was done in addition to what was promised to us, so we were very happy.

Leveldesk also set up a wireless camera system for recording activity in the office.

How did you come to work with Leveldesk?

I had met George, the founder of Leveldesk, through some networking over the years, and I’ve worked with him previously.

How much have you invested with Leveldesk?

We’ve paid $20,000 for their services.

The project began in October 2016, and the relationship is ongoing for maintenance. When you have an Internet connection, there are a number of issues that can arise. George and Leveldesk look into those for us as needed and help us figure out a solution.

It was very important to Leveldesk, and George in particular, to make sure we were happy with everything. For about the first month after the installation, he would check in every day to ensure everything was working smoothly. If I ever had any issues, I’d just call him up, and it was fixed quickly. I was very satisfied with that. He’s given me other options for services we might want in the future, which I’m keeping an eye out for. We haven’t had any unexpected downtime or problems with the infrastructure since it was installed.

How did Leveldesk perform from a project management standpoint?

George has been very good with scheduling. We made an appointment for the guys to come in and lay the cabling, and they were on time, friendly, and very informative throughout the process. I was pleased with that. They have a proactive approach, which was crucial for this move. We couldn’t have dealt with this and the rest of the move, and George was very helpful with that.

What did you find most impressive about Leveldesk?

The infrastructure they installed is pretty innovative. Everything is wireless and connected to the Internet. We’re not using traditional cable for the TV or cameras; it’s all over the Internet. The management system for the cameras and the Wi-Fi hot-spots is all in the cloud, so we can access it anywhere. That’s very important to us.

Are there any areas Leveldesk could improve?

Laying out the options better is important since there are so many available on the market. I understand a lot of networking options, but I think an average customer would need further explanation.

Overall Score I’m very impressed with their services.
    This move was on a strict timeline. There were some residual delays in getting equipment from some manufacturers, which Leveldesk couldn’t control. They did their best to keep us in the loop on that.
    There’s always a cheaper solution, but the solutions Leveldesk recommended were the right ones for me.
    The uptime we’ve experienced has been wonderful. There’s been no equipment malfunction, and we’ve been here four months. A lot of that will usually malfunction pretty quickly if it’s going to at all, so we’re happy with that.
    I would be very happy to refer them.

IT Infrastructure for Fintech Startup

"Their commitment to customer service is one of a kind."

Sept. 2015 - Ongoing

Leveldesk provided an IT infrastructure that could cope with a rapidly growing team. After initially assessing the technology, the team provided a hardware environment, new software, and ongoing maintenance.

Chief of Staff, Fintech Startup

The updated infrastructure is incredibly reliable, and has been running without unplanned interruptions since 2015. The work has been praised in a number of audits, and Leveldesk surpassed expectations with regards to timelines and availability.

My company is a startup—a financial technology company based in New York. We’re an online lending business with just under 100 employees. As is the case with many startups, I’ve been involved with many functions of the business. I focus most of my time on fundraising, on both the equity and debt sides, as well as strategy and general management of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Leveldesk?

Our team was growing very rapidly, and our IT infrastructure was suffering as a result. We hired too many people in a short period of time, and we couldn’t support the increased amount of activity.

We hired Leveldesk to perform an assessment of the current environment, create a proposal for a new IT infrastructure, and then implement and monitor on an ongoing basis. I trust George, the founder and CEO of Leveldesk. I put a lot of personal and professional trust in him, and he basically handles everything related to IT, but I can’t give specifics of what was done.

I can say that he sourced and implemented a new hardware environment. He installed a bunch of new software to monitor our IT infrastructure on an ongoing basis, including but not limited to data security management, data leakage protocols, single sign-on environments, and other tasks related to security. We didn’t have a CTO at the time, and we were also moving offices. Leveldesk built out the entire infrastructure for our new offices, as well as improving the prior office.

How did you come to work with Leveldesk?

I was introduced to various IT providers by a consultant I knew through a prior job. I chose George based on his ability, customer service, and the trust I developed with him over a series of meetings. He did a lot of work for us before we paid him a dollar, and he was doing good work out of good faith. That made it easy to trust him.

How much have you invested with Leveldesk?

We’ve spent between $200,000 and $1 million.

We began working together in September or October of 2015, and the relationship is ongoing. The implementation is complete, and now they do ongoing monitoring.

The entire infrastructure is incredibly reliable. Our prior system went down almost weekly, but this system has been up and running since the end of 2015 with zero unplanned interruptions. We’ve had a number of audits by third parties for various deals we were doing, and those parties were always satisfied with the infrastructure Leveldesk implemented.

How did Leveldesk perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve gone above and beyond, especially in project management. They’ve clearly and accurately communicated timelines. They’ve worked on nights and weekends to help accelerate those timelines.

What did you find most impressive about Leveldesk?

Their commitment to customer service is one of a kind. George came out personally, along with some of his team, on multiple mornings and over weekends to ensure we would hit our deadlines. There were even some sessions that lasted longer than 24 hours on-site.

Are there any areas Leveldesk could improve?

No. I was very satisfied with everything they did. I wouldn’t complain about a single thing.

They worked unusual and demanding hours to meet the deadline.
    Some suppliers were less expensive, but they would not have provided the same value. There were also more expensive suppliers that would have provided less value.
    We haven’t experienced any unplanned interruptions for almost two years now.
    I’ve done it multiple times.

Managed IT Services for Personal Insurance Company

"They were able to meet all our deadlines, allowing us to move into our new and better space."

May 2016 - Ongoing

Leveldesk supported a migration to a new office by managing IT installations, including cabling, wiring, Wi-Fi, and equipment. The team also provided consulting services regarding IT needs and benefits.

CTO, Insurance Startup

The installation was high-quality and well-managed. Despite a constrained budget, the work was clean and felt modern. Leveldesk now follows up with site visits and still manages the office Wi-Fi network. They have created a personal relationship and are helpful, even when not part of the service.

I worked for an online marketplace for personal insurance. We help people decide if they need insurance, how much they need, and which insurance product is the best for them.

What challenge were you trying to address with Leveldesk?

We were moving offices and fitting out an entirely new space. We needed to engage a firm for all IT installation.

We used Leveldesk for all our IT installation, for the cabling, wiring, installation of Wi-Fi, setup of the networking equipment, TV’s, and meeting room equipment. Leveldesk also managed our Wi-Fi network. Leveldesk also provided consulting services, and they told us quite honestly when there were things we didn’t need, which built a lot of trust.

How did you come to work with Leveldesk?

We were referred to Leveldesk by another startup. We always consider at least three vendors. We chose Leveldesk because they were able to match our pricing, and also because they’re very hands-on and involved in terms of customer engagement. It felt like we were getting great recommendations and advice, rather than just a quote that was a list of menu items.

We’ve spent $20,000.

We started working with Leveldesk in April or May 2016, and the relationship is ongoing.

All the installation was extremely high quality. Leveldesk did the data cabling throughout the whole office, and it’s very neat and tidy. They accomplished the work in a clean and modern way, even though we had a relatively constrained budget. There were a few instances when we needed immediate assistance with Wi-Fi setup or VPN [virtual private network], they logged on remotely, and immediately fixed it. Leveldesk would often follow-up with a site visit to make sure everything was okay. They were able to meet all our deadlines, allowing us to move into our new and better space.

How did Leveldesk perform from a project management standpoint?

Leveldesk was great. There was a lot of follow-up, and they were responsive to all our requests for information. After the project, they regularly checked in with us to see if we needed anything or had problems.

What did you find most impressive about Leveldesk?

Leveldesk has established a very personal relationship. We have an account manager who knows people at our company by name and regularly comes to check in and see how they can be useful. Also, they were more than happy to recommend other services we needed, which they didn’t provide, without a benefit to them. Leveldesk connected us with vendors for leasing printing equipment and audiovisual equipment. They were happy to be helpful even if it wasn’t part of their service.

Are there any areas Leveldesk could improve?

I don't have any suggestions for that engagement. We were very happy, given our experience with other vendors.

Everything was delivered on time. In almost all cases, Leveldesk was proactive about scheduling.
    There were some cheaper vendors, but we didn’t have the confidence that they’d be able to deliver the same quality.
    Everything was high quality and easy installation. It works, and we’re happy.