Austin Graphic Design and Branding

Left Hand Design is a small, forward-thinking Austin graphic design company. We offer the full spectrum of design and branding services for companies of all sizes with a touch of Southern hospitality. Whether you’re building a brand from the ground up, maintaining an existing brand, or seeking to take your brand in a new direction, we can help.

Conveniently located in Austin, Texas, we are at the advantage of operating in one of the nation’s largest creative hubs and it shows in our work.

2004

Ghost Light Lounge Bar Branding

Foxhole Culinary Tavern Menu Design

Foxhole Culinary Tavern Menu Design

Bonfire Cannabis Company

Logo design for a dispensary in Colorado

Vehicle Exterior Image Replication for RV Wrap

"We were confident throughout the engagement that they would deliver high-quality graphics."

Aug. 2018 - Sept. 2018

With a single picture as a guide, Left Hand Design replicated a plane’s exterior graphics to be included on an RV wrap. Left Hand Design redrew and scaled the image to fit each side and the rear of the vehicle.

Jason Pierrotti
Executive Assistant and Network Security, Yacktman Asset Management

Left Hand Design finished the designs within the tight turnaround time requested and communicated with the external wrap development company to ensure their completion. Their confidence and creative abilities stand out, and their ability to operate well with an accelerated timeline is impressive.

I am a Cyber Security Professional at a mutual fund in Austin, Texas. I am also an assistant to our Chief Portfolio Manager, and half of my job is coordinating special projects for this manager.

For what projects/services did your company hire Left Hand Design?

The objective was to replicate the images from the manager’s plane on to a recently purchased RV.

The wrap for the RV had to match the graphics from the plane.

Three graphics companies in the Austin area turned down the project, claiming they were not a good fit. We found Left Hand Design through an online search and asked them to consider the task.

The design team needed clean pictures of the existing graphics without seeing the plane in person. We provided them with a single-sided view of the plane, from the left side. Left Hand Design’s team asked if there were any templates for the RV but none existed. They redrew the image several times and scaled them to fit the left side, right side, and rear of the RV.

We requested a timeline of less than two weeks. We received one mid-point update that the project was on track to be completed by the specified date.

We worked only with Paul, a project manager, and a graphic designer.

The replicated images looked great, and the project was completed on time. The wrap application specialist recently took control of the images to put them on the RV.

This project was a likely smaller task for Left Had Design, but we were treated very professionally. They were organized and attentively listened to our ideas. Left Hand Design communicated on our behalf to the wrap application company, which we appreciated. We were confident throughout the engagement that they would deliver high-quality graphics.

Prior to finding Left Hand Design, two other local graphics companies and a wrap company politely declined to take our project. Left Hand Design never wavered. They accepted the task and delivered a strong result. It was a hassle-free and smooth project.

No, nothing comes to mind.

Overall Score We received great value and high-quality work.
    They gave a specific completion date and met it.
    They offer a fair price.
    They listened to our needs and delivered great quality.
    I highly recommend them.

Web Design for Events Venue

“They delivered a fully functional and well-designed website that’s easy to navigate.”

July 2018 - Sept. 2018

When the original server crashed, Left Hand Design built a new website using information saved from the first version. After redirecting the server, the team adjusted the content to fit the updated template.

Manchaca, Texas
Amanda Harris
Owner & Manager, The Wild Onion Ranch

Left Hand Design produced a stable, visually pleasing website with an accessible and informative interface. The project, led by a dedicated resource from their team, ran seamlessly due to responsive and transparent communication.

I’m the owner of The Wild Onion Ranch. I manage a small, family-run wedding and events venue. My responsibilities include managing inquiries, events, logistics, financials, and technical needs.

For what projects/services did your company hire Left Hand Design?

Because of an issue with our domain host, we lost our original website. When all of the servers crashed, most of our information was erased and we lost that email access connected to the site. We needed a team to design a new website.

First, we wanted a solution that alerted visitors that our site was down and offer them alternative contact methods. Then, we wanted a new website that incorporated the content we saved from the original platform. With no knowledge or experience in this area, I was looking for a partner to fully set up the new site.

I chose Left Hand Design following a referral from a friend who is also in the wedding and events industry.

After setting up a splash page to communicate with visitors, the team redirected our server information to enable emails again. Left Hand Design offered two template options and I made my decision based on price. I shared the content saved from the original website, and they organized it within the template I chose, adjusting the wording and visuals as necessary. Additionally, they helped edit the photo featured on the homepage to match the one from our old site.

I worked with Beau (Founder, Left Hand Design).

Beau was responsive and helpful. He was able to explain technical terms in an accessible manner.

I was most impressed by Beau’s responsive communication skills. He responded quickly to all of my emails, which I highly appreciated.

I don’t think there are areas they could improve.

New Mascot Design for School

"Our entire community appreciates the design’s professionalism and is proud of how it represents us."

June 2018 - Aug. 2018

Faced with a timeline of the summer months while school was not in session, Left Hand Design crafted a visual identity for a mascot and developed it for use on merchandise and digital platforms.

1,001-5,000 Employees

Brooke Van Zandt
Communications Manager, St. Andrew's Episcopal School

The design was completed and implemented prior to the first day of classes, when it received rave reviews from the community. The design’s professionalism and uniqueness partner to unite the student population. Left Hand Design features an attentive team that works well under pressure.

St. Andrew's Episcopal School is a co-ed, independent day school for grades K-12 located in Austin, Texas. I'm the communications manager. I work directly under the director of development and communications.

For what projects/services did your company hire Left Hand Design?

Our school leadership approved a new mascot at the end of the last school year, and we needed a new mascot by the start of the new school year. We had a very short timeframe—fewer than 60 days—to achieve this. With nothing more than a new mascot name, we needed a designer to conceptualize the image and provide brand standards, social media icons, website banner images, flags and banners, and a t-shirt design.

Our goal was to develop an exciting, professional mascot that would unite our school’s community. Our challenges were to overcome a short timeframe and a limited budget.

I did most research online and asked prospective vendors for portfolios to review. Very few, though, had previous work with educational institutes. Luckily, Left Hand Design had staff members with previous exposure to professional athletics teams and a strong portfolio of work.

We provided a list of items we needed and our budget range. Left Hand Design provided an itemized list with cost breakdowns to reflect what we could achieve within that budget. They then had us submit a creative brief to provide some ideas and context to help them get the design underway. Late in the process, we asked Left Hand Design to do some additional production for us, and they adjusted well to that last-minute addition.

I coordinated directly with the project manager, Paul, who was great to work with.

We are very happy with the final product. Our students were excited when they saw the design on the first day of school. Our entire community appreciates the design’s professionalism and is proud of how it represents us. The mascot change is a result of a student movement, and it’s refreshing to see their vision realized.

Paul was professional, approachable, and always responsive via email and phone. He established the connection between our team and their designers. Our workflow and communication were very efficient. We always knew where our project was and what progress had been made.

Their turnaround time, and ability to add further projects late in the process, was truly outstanding. I felt I could trust Left Hand Design to do their very best work while they respected our timeframe and our budget. Further, I have to reiterate how impressive their communication was. They responded quickly to questions and showed grace and enthusiasm under pressure.

We only had a minor mishap with shipping the final materials, but otherwise, we have no complaints. I highly recommend Left Hand Design.

Website and Logo Redesign for Physical Therapist

"They were superb to work with and I would highly recommend their talent."

Aug. 2017 - May 2018

Left Hand Design redesigned a logo and website to increase appointment booking. They used a Squarespace template and ensured easy administration and uploading.

Austin, Texas USA
Basimma Hammonds
Owner, Reclaim Physical Therapy, PLLC

The website’s visual appearance and flow exceeded expectations. Left Hand Design sets themselves apart from the industry with professional project management and excellent communication.

I’m the owner of Reclaim Physical Therapy, PLLC.

For what projects/services did your company hire Left Hand Design?

I needed website and logo design help.

I wanted to set up a polished, inviting website, that would generate interest in scheduling an appointment with me or utilizing my services.

I was interviewing folks for logo design and Beau's company came up. I visited their site and felt like their look made them stand out. After visiting them, I felt like they would be great to communicate and work with.

Once they helped me refine my existing logo, they worked on my website design, focusing on a great flow and layout. We used a simple Squarespace design so I can add pages or pictures later, which they taught me how to do.

I worked with the owner.

I'm very pleased with the look and flow of the website. While it’s a simple design, a lot of thought went in to it.

It was excellent!

What stands out the most to me is how cool their designs are, and what an impression they leave on the user. The really great bonus is that their owner is exceptionally professional and an amazing communicator. They were superb to work with and I would highly recommend their talent.

I’m completely satisfied with the service. I would use them again.

They're worth every penny!
    They were an excellent designer and brander.

Logo & Packaging Design for Natural Company

"I'm very pleased with the final designs."

June - Aug. 2018

Left Hand Design created new logos and packaging designs.

Mark Vanderhagen
President, Just Natural LLC

All the designs were fantastic. Left Hand Design turned tasks around quickly for an affordable price. They were always respectful and prompt.

I'm the owner and president of an all-natural personal care company.

For what projects/services did your company hire Left Hand Design?

I hired them to design new logos and packaging.

I found them through an online review.

The team included a project manger and designer.

I'm very pleased with the final designs.

It was very effective. They were prompt and courteous.

They completed the work at a reasonable cost.

Overall Score They delivered great work for an affordable price.
    Their follow-ups were prompt.
    Their prices were good.
    They delivered great results.
    They did a very good job for my company.