Custom web application development for startups

LeanyLabs aims to eliminate struggles startups face with software development. By specializing solely in web applications, we always stay on the edge of technologies and best practices required to provide exceptional services. Our experts shine in rapid prototyping and MVP development to quickly validate the idea and launch your application to the market.

For companies with established technology expertise, we offer team extension service, which supercharges your development with a dedicated team of rare professionals.

2019
Lviv, Ukraine

Aspecto, Mechanic Advisor

Weatherman Image

Weatherman

The client wanted to completely redesign his existing website to make it modern, snappy, and easier to use. He had a strong vision of what a weather website should look like in 2020 and most of the designs ready beforehand so we jumped straight into development pretty quickly.

React was chosen for unmatched development speed, MongoDB for its CRUD performance, and NodeJS for handling high not CPU-intensive load on the

backend. The architecture was pretty simple as something more complex would definitely be an overkill for this kind of project.

Achieving high search ranking was very important for this project, so server-side rendering, CDN, performance optimizations, multi-language support, sitemaps, and SEO audits were a must. Supporting older browsers like IE11 was also critical for a consumer website like this.

To get everything working we had to combine our own cities and places database with multilanguage support, mix together data from different sources to get everything we needed, and even poll individual weather stations on a lower level directly. In fact, it might be the most detailed consumer weather website out there.

Our calculations concluded that a single web server could easily handle all the traffic from the old website so it was deployed on a single EC2 instance. We hope it would get a lot more traffic in the future so deployment architecture also included a plan to easily scale to multiple rendering and backend instances when needed.

The website achieved 90+ PageSpeed score on desktop and 60+ on Mobile which completely smoked its current competition. It feels really fast, modern, and looks great on every platform. Weather predictions are pretty accurate and the traffic grows. The client is happy and our success is being measured by the success of our clients.

CryptoDividend Image

CryptoDividend

The project initial goal was to help the client make better investment decisions by constantly calculating current KPIs and historical performance for every listed crypto project. Later on, it was decided to make the data public and monetize it through paid advertising.

The main technical challenge for us was to gather data required for all the calculations from different blockchains and still make the development

cost-effective for the client.

Cryptodividend’s backend relies on different libraries to gather data from smart contracts on popular blockchains. Data for listings on unique and less popular blockchains together with historical data for newly listed projects can be updated manually through Google Sheets.

The website has a custom design and was built with Node.js, MongoDB, React, Redux, and Bootstrap. It leverages server-side rendering, CDN caching, responsive design, and deployed on the Amazon Web Services platform.

Both ad revenue and better investment decisions have paid out the development expenses quite fast. The client is happy and our success is being measured by the success of our clients.

Core Development Support for Microservices tool

“I don’t see them as an outsourced solution, but more as an integrated part of our company.”

Dec. 2019 - Ongoing

LeanyLabs provides outsourced development support for a microservices tool. Their work includes making development and technical decisions, and completing assignments.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Michael Haberman
Co-Founder, Aspecto

LeanyLabs’ work has been exceptionally successful. The team is technically proficient and can adapt to new technologies with relative ease. Customers can expect a trustworthy and capable team that goes the extra mile to meet expectations.

I am the co-founder and CTO of Aspecto. Our company specializes in microservices and helping developers see the bigger picture of microservices.

What challenge were you trying to address with LeanyLabs?

We did our initial product development with a team of developers in Israel and used LeanyLabs to extend our team.

They’re part of our core development team. They are still involved in the development which is an ongoing type of project. They are very involved with the development and technical decisions. They get a lot of responsibility from me to make decisions and lead within the company. Our product is for developers, so it is very easy for a developer to also help on the product side, so they are helping a bit there as well.

We work with two developers from LeanyLabs.

How did you come to work with LeanyLabs?

I had experience working with them at previous companies.

We spend around $100,000.

We started working with them in December 2019, and the work is still ongoing.

Their technical ability is amazing. I’m able to present them with any technical challenge whether they have experience or not. Then, they do the research, ask me questions, and help me with everything that I need to do.

For example, we had a very complicated feature to develop which had both development parts to it as well as DevOps parts to it. Everyone in the company was new to the technology, but they led it and they did it pretty well and we were very impressed with their ability to understand this stuff and deliver it.

How did LeanyLabs perform from a project management standpoint?

We use monday.com for project management which is the same tool we use internally. I don’t see them as an outsourced solution, but more as an integrated part of our company.

I get the feeling that I can trust them and I’m really confident in their ability to deliver and make the right decision. I am very impressed with the fact that I don’t need to predefine everything into a lot of details. I can point them in the right direction, and they will start to pursue it, and ask me whatever they need to in order to achieve the goal. It is a very low touch engagement in a good way. It is not that they don’t communicate with us, but more in the way that they don’t require a lot of maintenance.

No, I don’t think so. I am really happy.

It is an ongoing project and I am very happy with their delivery.
    I have already recommended them.