Custom web application development for startups

LeanyLabs aims to eliminate struggles startups face with software development. By specializing solely in web applications, we always stay on the edge of technologies and best practices required to provide exceptional services. Our experts shine in rapid prototyping and MVP development to quickly validate the idea and launch your application to the market.

For companies with established technology expertise, we offer team extension service, which supercharges your development with a dedicated team of rare professionals.

2019
Lviv, Ukraine

Aspecto, Mechanic Advisor

Weatherman Image

Weatherman

The client wanted to completely redesign his existing website to make it modern, snappy, and easier to use. He had a strong vision of what a weather website should look like in 2020 and most of the designs ready beforehand so we jumped straight into development pretty quickly.

React was chosen for unmatched development speed, MongoDB for its CRUD performance, and NodeJS for handling high not CPU-intensive load on the

backend. The architecture was pretty simple as something more complex would definitely be an overkill for this kind of project.

Achieving high search ranking was very important for this project, so server-side rendering, CDN, performance optimizations, multi-language support, sitemaps, and SEO audits were a must. Supporting older browsers like IE11 was also critical for a consumer website like this.

To get everything working we had to combine our own cities and places database with multilanguage support, mix together data from different sources to get everything we needed, and even poll individual weather stations on a lower level directly. In fact, it might be the most detailed consumer weather website out there.

Our calculations concluded that a single web server could easily handle all the traffic from the old website so it was deployed on a single EC2 instance. We hope it would get a lot more traffic in the future so deployment architecture also included a plan to easily scale to multiple rendering and backend instances when needed.

The website achieved 90+ PageSpeed score on desktop and 60+ on Mobile which completely smoked its current competition. It feels really fast, modern, and looks great on every platform. Weather predictions are pretty accurate and the traffic grows. The client is happy and our success is being measured by the success of our clients.

CryptoDividend Image

CryptoDividend

The project initial goal was to help the client make better investment decisions by constantly calculating current KPIs and historical performance for every listed crypto project. Later on, it was decided to make the data public and monetize it through paid advertising.

The main technical challenge for us was to gather data required for all the calculations from different blockchains and still make the development

cost-effective for the client.

Cryptodividend’s backend relies on different libraries to gather data from smart contracts on popular blockchains. Data for listings on unique and less popular blockchains together with historical data for newly listed projects can be updated manually through Google Sheets.

The website has a custom design and was built with Node.js, MongoDB, React, Redux, and Bootstrap. It leverages server-side rendering, CDN caching, responsive design, and deployed on the Amazon Web Services platform.

Both ad revenue and better investment decisions have paid out the development expenses quite fast. The client is happy and our success is being measured by the success of our clients.

Web Development for Crypto Data Gathering & Assessment Tool

"They suggest good ideas. It almost felt like they know more in my industry than I do."

Feb. 2019 - Ongoing

LeanyLabs has developed a crypto platform that lists a directory of crypto projects and calculates the dividend ROI for them. They've designed the system, writing code to gather project data into Google Sheets.

Lviv, Ukraine
Kostyantyn Shulga
CEO, CryptoDividend

The solution has already paid for itself through advertisement spots, and it's been a strong tool to help guide crypto investment decisions. LeanyLabs continues to offer consulting services on various crypto projects.

I'm CEO at CryptoDividend. It's a directory that lists crypto projects and calculates dividend ROI for them. I also have other crypto startups on the side.

For what projects/services did your company hire LeanyLabs?

LeanyLabs have developed CryptoDividend from start to finish. I also use their consulting services for complicated parts of my other projects.

At first, I wanted to have the ROI data to make better crypto investment decisions for myself. After seeing the web UI, we decided to polish it and make the project public.

I had previous working experience with them a few years ago. One of the co-founders was fixing bugs on my other project as a freelancer.

CryptoDivided gathers data for different crypto projects from EOS and TRON blockchains, calculates metrics, and displays them on the web pages.

They've designed the system. Wrote the code to gather data for each listed project and provided a way to enter the data manually through Google Sheets. That way we could populate historical data for newly listed projects and support projects that aren't updated automatically.

LeanyLabs also created the web interface: designed, coded, and configured hosting for me. They've proposed server-side rendering to rank well on Google and indeed we were ranking #1 for a couple of relevant keywords.

I worked with them on a project basis. From what I know, they had one developer working on the blockchain integration and another one on the front end. Later, the third programmer added support for Google Sheets, server-side rendering, and configured hosting on AWS with CDN.

LeanyLabs also found the freelance designer to do the designs. One of the developers was my contact person and I usually discussed everything with him.

The project paid for itself only with the advertisement revenue for banners that I've sold and "sponsored" listing positions. It achieved the original goal too - I've made a couple of good decisions based on the data and avoided costly mistakes when the crypto divided industry turned to scams.

I had one contact person. He was asking questions, suggesting improvements, and reported the progress on a regular basis. I guess he also was responsible for project management. Everything went fast and smooth. I don't know many details. For consulting, I have direct contact with one of their lead engineers.

They work incredibly fast. They suggest good ideas. It almost felt like they know more in my industry than I do. They also helped me to hire a good in-house developer for the routine tasks. That's unusual for a service company to knowingly help to reduce the work they could otherwise get.

When looking only at rates, they are definitely on the expensive side. But considering their speed, it turned out even cheaper than other companies estimated. They are often busy, and I have to schedule the consultancy.

Overall Score The best outsourcing company I've worked with
    They've done everything in time and we had a daily chat during product development. For consultancy I had to wait till evening on the next day.
    Rates are high, but they are fast
    Excellent work, more than expected
    They are the best I know

Core Development Support for Microservices tool

“I don’t see them as an outsourced solution, but more as an integrated part of our company.”

Dec. 2019 - Ongoing

LeanyLabs provides outsourced development support for a microservices tool. Their work includes making development and technical decisions, and completing assignments.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Michael Haberman
Co-Founder, Aspecto

LeanyLabs’ work has been exceptionally successful. The team is technically proficient and can adapt to new technologies with relative ease. Customers can expect a trustworthy and capable team that goes the extra mile to meet expectations.

I am the co-founder and CTO of Aspecto. Our company specializes in microservices and helping developers see the bigger picture of microservices.

What challenge were you trying to address with LeanyLabs?

We did our initial product development with a team of developers in Israel and used LeanyLabs to extend our team.

They’re part of our core development team. They are still involved in the development which is an ongoing type of project. They are very involved with the development and technical decisions. They get a lot of responsibility from me to make decisions and lead within the company. Our product is for developers, so it is very easy for a developer to also help on the product side, so they are helping a bit there as well.

We work with two developers from LeanyLabs.

How did you come to work with LeanyLabs?

I had experience working with them at previous companies.

We spend around $100,000.

We started working with them in December 2019, and the work is still ongoing.

Their technical ability is amazing. I’m able to present them with any technical challenge whether they have experience or not. Then, they do the research, ask me questions, and help me with everything that I need to do.

For example, we had a very complicated feature to develop which had both development parts to it as well as DevOps parts to it. Everyone in the company was new to the technology, but they led it and they did it pretty well and we were very impressed with their ability to understand this stuff and deliver it.

How did LeanyLabs perform from a project management standpoint?

We use monday.com for project management which is the same tool we use internally. I don’t see them as an outsourced solution, but more as an integrated part of our company.

I get the feeling that I can trust them and I’m really confident in their ability to deliver and make the right decision. I am very impressed with the fact that I don’t need to predefine everything into a lot of details. I can point them in the right direction, and they will start to pursue it, and ask me whatever they need to in order to achieve the goal. It is a very low touch engagement in a good way. It is not that they don’t communicate with us, but more in the way that they don’t require a lot of maintenance.

No, I don’t think so. I am really happy.

It is an ongoing project and I am very happy with their delivery.
    I have already recommended them.

Frontend Development for Mechanic Platform

"Attention to detail and thought put into the project at hand. They cared very much about the end result."

Apr. - July 2020

A business hired LeanyLabs to help the company develop a user-friendly website that was compatible across devices and browsers.

Boston, Massachussets
CEO, Mechanic Platform

The company is satisfied with the performance of the website so far. The project management was highlighted by the great communication of the team. The team always meets its deadlines and provide updates on the project.

Business owner

For what projects/services did your company hire LeanyLabs, and what were your goals?

We hired LeanyLabs to help us develop a user-friendly website that was compatible across devices and browsers.

How did you select LeanyLabs and what were the deciding factors?

We were referred to LeanyLabs by a friend.

Describe the scope of work in detail, including the project steps, key deliverables, and technologies used.

A full website development. Front-end website with data sourced from multiple sources and API's.

How many people from the vendor's team worked with you, and what were their positions?

Two front-end developers

Can you share any measurable outcomes of the project or general feedback about the deliverables?

The website is performing very well.

Describe their project management style, including communication tools and timelines.

Great communication, always met deadlines, and provided regular updates.

What did you find most impressive or unique about this company?

Are there any areas for improvement or something they could have done differently?

Not at this time

Overall Score Great company to work with
    Thorough planninng and scheduling
    Expensive, but worth the money.
    Exceptional quality