Advanced Amazon Web Service Consulting Partner

We are located in Warsaw, but we work with companies from the United States, Great Britain and the whole Poland. We are working with cloud computing solutions from 2007 and have done hundreds of cloud computing projects. Therefore, we have a huge selection of ideas on how to help the migration of systems to the cloud Amazon Web Service. We are Amazon Web Service Partner from 2012 and Advanced Amazon Web Service Partner from 2016.

Warsaw, Poland

Sharp, The Guardian, Duracell, Nutricia, Convertro

AWS Architecture Projects for Recruitment Platform

"LCloud gave us quality work that was well thought out."

2015 - Ongoing

LCloud is providing development for an AWS Infrastructure project. So far, key functions include identity and access management, server communication, and cloud connectivity.

Washington, DC
Erik Wagner
Founder & CTO, Perengo

LCLoud possesses a comprehensive vision of the project, allowing them to deliver quality work. The team coordinates ticketing systems to match with both internal processes. They apply their expertise and past experiences to deliver valuable insight and guidance on the current project.

I head up the engineering side of Perengo. We are doing a programmatic recruiting platform targeted at on-demand workers and blue-collar jobs.

What challenge were you trying to address with LCloud?

We were setting up a large infrastructure in terms of micro-services, database structures, and so on. We wanted to host all of that on AWS, and I was looking for a dev ops team that would support the entire architecture.

LCloud works on anything that’s AWS-related or has to do with the server architecture or server communication. They set up all the EC2 instances, the elastic beanstalk, the firewall, any kind of connection between the VPC’s (virtual private cloud), the user accounts, or the IAM (identity and access management) roles. They take care of anything that has to do with the AWS stack.

How did you come to work with LCloud?

We advertised on all the platforms that allowed me to look for freelancers or part-time workers. I got a bunch of replies, went through them, selected LCloud for an interview and finally ended up with them.

How much have you invested with LCloud?

We have them on an hourly basis. There are months we need them full time, eight hours a day, and months that we only have them two hours a week. It all depends on usage. There is a component where I used their support team to be on standby 24/7 in case of emergencies, and that’s a fixed monthly rate. If there’s a server outage caused by an application developer doing something wrong, they charge a little extra, but that was all part of our agreement.

We began working together about two years ago, and the relationship is ongoing.

The initial goal when we hired them was to set up the architecture and then basically take it over in-house. After a couple of months working with them, I saw absolutely no reason to replace them or hire someone internally. LCloud gave us quality work that was well thought out. They gave me feedback on ideas based on their experience. I liked their proactive approach. I can’t tell you exactly what I pay them, but it’s definitely less than I would pay for the same team here in the US. They do have some people who don’t speak the best English, but it hasn’t been an issue so far.

How did LCloud perform from a project management standpoint?

I have no problems. All the deadlines have been met. I’m also very aware of how to set deadlines right, so I don’t think I’ve ever given them a task they couldn’t achieve. They have their own ticketing system, which they use internally, and we also have our own internal system, so we had to sit together and make the two systems talk to each other. We sat down one afternoon and worked out how to do that. It comes down to using the right tools for the right job, and we haven’t had issues. I would even say it’s the other way around; if I give them until next Monday for certain task, it was set to ‘done’ in the ticketing system the next day. I’m sometimes surprised at how fast they are.

Their team is flexible at scaling to meet goals and demands. We had an initial discussion about setting up the system, and then a follow-up discussion. There’s a difference between administering a working system and making gradual extensions to it, of which we had a lot. We came to an agreement on the number of hours we generally needed them. If we would foresee a bigger system having to be deployed, then we would increase the number of hours. There was never a problem getting them to increase the hours on short notice.

What did you find most impressive about LCloud?

What I value the most about them is their proactivity in thinking things through for us. They’ve seen things that work and don’t work, and they apply that experience to our solution. They proactively tell us a better way to do things, and that’s a key reason I never replaced them.

Are there any areas LCloud could improve?

The only thing that sometimes annoys me is the communication challenge. We use Slack internally, and we have certain rooms connected to their chat system. Sometimes people pop up who you’ve never spoken to before, as their entire group is now in our chatroom. Some of these people don’t speak English very well. When they write something, you have to ask for clarification on what they mean. Those are not the key people assigned to our account, but more the 24/7 support people.

Various IT Services & Development for Cloud Consulting Partner

"LCloud's technical acumen is top-notch."

2014 - Ongoing

LCloud is a long-term technical resource, contributing to cloud and software related projects, including architecture, automation, and development initiatives.

Indiana, United States
CEO, Cloud Consulting Partner

LCloud's team is sharp and talented, especially in regards to the technical skills required for the project. While they have limits due to their size, the results of the work have consistently met expectations.

Our company is a consulting partner and service provider for Amazon Web Services environments. We consult, design, implement, and support infrastructures that are DevOps-centric. I am a co-founder and the chief executive officer of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with LCloud?

We needed the talent and expertise that could help extend our business.

At this point, we've worked with LCloud for more than 40 clients. They're an arm of our company in many ways, even though we're independent entities. LCloud staffs multiple full-time people on our projects, both for point of person response and for a variety of project delivery capacities. The work has involved IT cloud architecture, DevOps, automation of platforms, systems administration, remediation of system issues, and even straight-up software development.

How did you come to work with LCloud?

I found LCloud through different professional networks in the Amazon Web Services world. Three years ago, it was much more of a niche world.

How much have you invested with LCloud?

This is confidential.

I first connected with LCloud's founder three years ago. The relationship is ongoing.

Stats and metrics can be hard to ascertain in our world since we're involved in different types of work. So far, the feedback has been absolutely top-notch. LCloud has continued to grow the team, bringing in people who break the mold of offshore engineers. They're aggressive, sharp, and creative thinkers, and they're technically superior. I couldn't say anything better about the quality of work we've gotten from LCloud.

How did LCloud perform from a project management standpoint?

Project management was not a dedicated area a few years ago, when LCloud was a much smaller team. They've recently added this capacity. We've been working with people who have a project management mindset, and we've had great results with this in the past year.

What did you find most impressive about LCloud from other providers?

LCloud's technical acumen is top-notch.

Are there any areas LCloud could improve?

Building out the team size would be an improvement. We use much of LCloud's staff, so the fact that they're a small team has been our biggest challenge.

LCloud's capacity has been a challenge for us.
    LCloud has good prices, but they're not the least expensive option out there.
    We've gotten top-notch technical results.