Digital Product Development + Creative Studio

Lattice Studios is a digital product design and development studio based out of Calgary, Canada. We build next generation internet platforms and beautiful products for startups and businesses. Whether you want to automate your business, streamline operations or create a breathtaking platform to share your ideas with, we will elevate your business.

We have an oddly obsessive, mildly concerning design culture at Lattice that we use to build relatable brands with memorable and fun content.

We’re always looking to collaborate with local and international businesses.  Visit our website at www.latticestudios.com

2018
  • 221 10 Ave SE #100
    Calgary T2G 0V9

Platform Dev for Delivery Company

“They're easy to work with. ...  I’d work with them again.”

Sept. - Nov. 2018

Using the infrastructure that was provided to them, Lattice Studios developed an application for iOS and Android. They also assisted with the code for React web pages.

CTO, Startup Company

The in-house team is happy with the quality of the code. Lattice Studios went above and beyond to meet all needs, while their flexibility and ability to work effectively alongside an in-house development team made them a reliable partner.

I'm the CTO of a startup company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Lattice Studios?

We needed a knowledgeable development team to help us build our platform.

We gave them the specifications outlining exactly what we needed, and they developed an application for iOS and Android for us. They also helped us with some React web pages. Most of the infrastructure was already designed, but Lattice Studios handled all the coding. It was a very collaborative process and they were willing to work with Firebase, sharing their knowledge with our in-house development team.

We worked with two members of their team.

How did you come to work with Lattice Studios?

They were working out of the same co-working space as we were. After we saw their portfolio, we decided to give them a chance.

We spent about $25,000.

We worked with them between September–November 2018.

Our in-house team was happy with the quality of their work. The feedback from the external stakeholders has also been very positive.

How did Lattice Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

They're a small, dynamic team and we worked side by side with them. We usually used Trello and Kanban boards to coordinate our tasks. They also had a mobile-friendly dashboard where they displayed all the information, making it easy for us to manage the project.

They're easy to work with.

Not at this time.

Make sure your features are specified correctly. It's the responsibility of both parties to make sure there's a mutual understanding about the specifications and the features of the software.

They met our deadlines most of the time.
    They met all of our needs. The quality was above average, so I’d work with them again.

Website and Dahsboard Dev for Architectural Firm

"They’re constantly grinding to make a better product."

Sept. - Nov. 2018

Lattice Studios built a website, including its backend infrastructure and admin dashboard. They also implemented a process to modify images on the site, all of which they optimized. They also did SEO.

Tyler Hawryluk
Founder and Principal Designer, THAD

Lattice Studios worked through a streamlined communication flow to provide constant updates and ensure they had all the material they needed to succeed. Continually innovating, they refuse to deliver a mediocre product or let their abilities stagnate. Their attention to detail was outstanding.

I’m the founder of THAD, an architectural design firm that specializes in creating inspiring, functional dwellings.

For what projects/services did your company hire Lattice Studios?

I’ve only been acquiring new clients through referrals for years, and I was suffering from a lackluster website. I wanted to extend my reach to new clients and make myself more visible on Google. I wasn't able to build the website I wanted with WordPress or Squarespace, so I decided to find a development team.

My main goal was to extend my reach to new clients through Google. My secondary goal was to have a sleek and modern website that would showcase my previous work.

They worked in the same office space as me. I always saw them working hard and building amazing products, so I reached out to them when I decided to build a new website. I also considered two other companies and two freelancers. While the other companies gave me a simple quote, Lattice Studios built a design prototype. They put in a lot of work for no extra charge, and I decided to go with them.

Lattice Studios built my website, web dashboard, and backend infrastructure using React, Gatsby, and Firebase. The site itself showcases my houses, describes my process, and allows clients to contact me, while the dashboard and backed empower me to easily add and remove projects and photos. Each house has a featured image and multiple interior shots and is labeled by type. They optimized all my images based on their size. They also did SEO and set up my technology accounts.

The team included one frontend developer and one backend developer. The backend developer was in charge of the project and kept me in the loop whenever there was a big change or if they needed something.

I can't at the moment because I'm not ready to publish the site.

They provided a project lead (the backend developer) who was in charge of communication. We shared a Trello board that kept me updated on the progress of the dashboard.

They’re constantly grinding to make a better product. Not only are they good at what they do, but they also go out of their way to improve their work. Their attention to detail is impressive. They were always coming to me with ideas on how to improve my initial thoughts. It wasn't just another project to them. They went above and beyond to build a product that would help me succeed.

I was generally happy with everything, so I can’t think of anything.

Overall Score They're a great team with a passion for improving and making great products.
    They were always available when I was available.
    It was reasonable, and they threw in a few perks.
    They went above and beyond my expectations.
    They have great attention to detail and built an amazing product.