Award Winning Architects

Our Lapworth Architects Birmingham team provide an unrivalled service, with their post qualification experience spanning at least 8 years, and each member delivers on our ethos of complete client care whilst using our specialist in-house planning and interiors division to execute bespoke designs tailored to your exact requirements.

1989
Birmingham, United Kingdom

Birmingham City Council, Spitfire Homes, Coventry City Council, Chase Homes

Courtyard Gardens Image

Courtyard Gardens

To match the impressive and varied architecture of the central manor house, Lapworth Architects designed the Courtyard Gardens development with similar features and proportions. With one wing of the manor forming one side of the courtyard, the design team created a small mixed development of terraced houses and villas arranged around a French-style formal garden.

Woodlea Drive, Solihull Image

Woodlea Drive, Solihull

This new build residence in Solihull was designed to replace a rather dated previous construction which no longer served the family’s needs. After the inital design was rejected for being too large and out of scale with the rest of the street, Lapworth Architects were brought onto the project with a brief to replace and enlarge the existing building.

Roundelay Collection, Snitterfield Image

Roundelay Collection, Snitterfield

As leading regional green belt architects, Lapworth were chosen to design by the developer Spitfire Homes to work on a challenging project in the Warwickshire countryside in the village of Snitterfield, close to Stratford-upon-Avon.

A plot of land in the green belt to the north of local landmark Appleton House came up for development with a brief for high-quality low-density residential development on land in this

picturesque historical village with connections to Shakespeare.
Regents Green, Leamington Spa Image

Regents Green, Leamington Spa

Lapworth Architects exercised their residential development muscles for this scheme of townhouses and apartments on the outskirts of Leamington Spa. In conjunction with Spitfire Homes, this development was built on the site of the North Leamington School, right in the West Midlands green belt.

Regents Green features a variety of homes, offering a fantastic range of
accommodation designed for modern living.

Four Oaks House Image

Four Oaks House

This project was a large new build house in Four Oaks, Sutton Coldfield for a private client near Sutton Park, making use of empty land located between existing properties.

The client wanted a large, impressive home with plenty of room for entertaining, with a traditional Arts & Crafts design in a modern interpretation to match the neighbouring properties.

Haseley Manor Image

Haseley Manor

Lapworth Architects is very pleased to have been appointed as specialist architects to work on the Haseley Manor project, an impressive Grade-II listed manor close to Warwick. This prestigious project was divided into three parts: the central Haseley Manor refurbishment, the building of the Courtyard Gardens houses and the separate Haseley House development.

Branding & Office Redesign for Legal Services Provider

"We were very impressed with Lapworth Architects' overall Design Consultancy skills."

May - Dec. 2018

Lapworth Architects provided branding and office design services for a law firm specializing in human resources. The team provided mock-ups and three initial designs.

Birmingham, England
Nick Bone
Managing Partner, Nicholas James Solicitors Limited

Lapworth Architecture led a solid process, communicating several times a week. They exceeded the client's expectations. In the end, they managed to launch the business with the branding and design reflecting the client's vision.

I was the Managing Partner of Nicholas James Solicitors.

For what projects/services did your company hire Lapworth Architects?

Both my Co-Partner and I had substantial experience in employment law and human resources after both of us had worked for several large National Law Firms. However, we wanted to establish and operate our own niche Firm.

Key to our development plans was ensuring that the design of our office fitted oue brand. However neither my Co Partner nor I had any brand development or design experience

We wanted to ensure that our vision for our Law Firm was reflected in our branding and office design

How did you select Lapworth Architects?

I searched online for Design Consultants and completed a list of 3 based on the information that they had provided on their websites. We then contacted each Design Consultant and arranged for them to tender for our project. We decided on Lapworth Architects based on the quality of their final proposal and price point, which we felt was very reasonable.

After we had selected Lapworth Architects - we had a series of meetings with them to discuss our goals and objectives. Within the next 2 weeks we received mock-ups and 3 initial designs. After a few further discussions with Lapworth Architects, we agreed on how we wanted the office refit to look.

At the outset we were assigned a Project Manager. However through our subsequent dealings with them, I am aware that they have a fully qualified Architects in the team and several other experienced Design Consultants, including Mike Kalam who leads the team.

After the office re-fit was completed and the business was launched, we took on a lot of new clients that actually exceeded our initial expectations for the business. We placed a lot of the reasons for this on the design work that Lapworth Architects had completed for us.

I developed an excellent working relationship with the Project Manager that was assigned to us. We spoke at least several times a week and also spoke with Lapworth Architects team leader (Mike Kalam) on several occasions , as he contacted me to make sure that we were happy with everything. Overall I was very impressed with Lapworth Architects responsiveness.

We were very impressed with Lapworth Architects' overall Design Consultancy skills - the finished design of the office re-fit was exceptional.

Overall there is really nothing that we would have improved with Lapworth Architects' service.

Overall Score The overall service received from Lapworth Architects was exceptional
    We found that we were always able to speak immediately with our Project Manager every time we tried to contact her.
    Overall we believe that Lapworth Architects' price point in exceptional value for money
    As I have already advised - we were very impressed with the quality of their work.
    We would happily refer Lapworth Architects to a friend or indeed, anybody else that is seeking Design Consultancy advice

Architecture Services for Private Garden Nursery

"I like that they’ve paid numerous visits to my house to look at exactly what I want."

May 2019 - Ongoing

Lapworth Architects digitized existing architectural drawings for a business expansion and shepherded them through a local council’s approval process. After an initial rejection, they modified the plans.

UK
Rob Savage
Owner, Savage Nursery

Securing approval on the second round of plans, Lapworth Architects provided professional expertise and management. Their ability to offer solutions stands out, as does their availability; they responded to emails and phone calls promptly. Customers can expect a partner that values their wishes.

I run a nursery.

What challenge were you trying to address with Lapworth Architects?

I wanted to build an extension of my own residential property to make it more suitable for our business.

I drew up the plans myself on paper and got Lapworth involved to draw proper plans on the computer. They then submitted the plans to Birmingham City Council for approval. They also advised on the chances of my getting permission from the council to approve these plans. Finally, they presented the plan to the council as well.

The council rejected the initial plan because it was interfering with light from my neighbor, and they warned me that it may happen but I was insistent. I’d dreamed about this happening. We changed the plans and resubmitted them. This is where Lapworth came into their own. I was quite disappointed and ready to throw the towel in but they came up with a completely new idea.

I came into contact with three people: one in the office, one who came and looked around the premises, and Michael, who I believe is the top dog there. He paid me numerous visits.

How did you come to work with Lapworth Architects?

My wife found them on Facebook through a local advertisement.

We’ve spent close to £3,000 ($3,700 USD).

We’ve been working together since May 2019. We’re just about to start construction; we’ve been on lockdown for about three months.

They came up with solutions when my first ideas were squashed by the council. They were marvelous.

Because I’m going to manage the project myself, as well as with a friend of mine who’s a builder, Lapworth has been very informative. They give me feedback on how to go about things and what to look out for. They’ve done a bit more than I’ve hired them to do.

How did Lapworth Architects perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve given me all the information I’ve asked for. Michael, the head man, has rung me back two or three times, as well as popped in to see me. He’s really been attentive to the project.

I like that they’ve paid numerous visits to my house to look at exactly what I want. They’ve been easily accessible, answering emails and the phone within half an hour. It makes me feel important. I’ve dealt with architects before and it’s sometimes a nightmare to get hold of them. Lapworth has been very supportive.

The only thing is that I have to get all the drawings printed off myself, but that’s because of the lockdown. I can’t really blame them for that.

Have some ideas of your own in the first place. You’re the one that’s going to use the space. Have some ideas and let them add to it. You need a mixture of both your ideas and their professional ideas as architects to get the best results.