Web & Mobile App Design & Development

Proficient in mobile and web user experience design and technology. We create mobile apps and websites to empower users and generate ROI for our clients.

2002

• College of Policing,
  • StreetStream,
  • GICHD

WordPress Web Design for Construction Company

“They have a friendly and professional team. … I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.”

July - Oct. 2015

After developing the wireframes, Komodo Digital designed a WordPress website and assisted with the coding. They also helped the in-house team create the copy and the tone.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Nicola Hughes
Director of Marketing & Comm, Taemar Ltd

The website is secure and the in-house team is impressed with the customer service. Exceptional listeners, Komodo Digital accomplished all goals, while their expertise and excellent project management helped them deliver a top-notch product on time and on budget.

I'm the director of marketing and communications at Taemar. We're a property development company based in the northeast of England.

What challenge were you trying to address with Komodo Digital?

We were going through rebranding, so we were looking for a vendor to help us design and launch a new website.

First, they walked us through the process and provided the timeline. Then, they developed the wireframes and helped us with the coding. They also worked with us to develop the copy and the tone. It's a WordPress website and they continue to provide ongoing support for it.

I worked with about 4–5 members of their team, including a project manager and some developers.

How did you come to work with Komodo Digital?

We were referred to them, so we asked them to send us a pitch for a different project. We were impressed with their pitch, but at that time, we chose the company we had worked with previously. So when we were looking for a vendor to do this website, we reached out to Komodo.

We spent between £18,000–20,000 (approximately $22,500–25,000 USD).

We worked with them between July–October 2015.

They delivered the website on time and within the budget. We haven't had any issues with the functionality of the site and they regularly update all the plugins. The CRM is set in a way that allows us to do most of the changes in-house.

How did Komodo Digital perform from a project management standpoint?

They kept the project on track and always let us know what information they needed from us.

Their customer service was exceptional. They listened to us and resolved any issues immediately.

No. We'd definitely work with them again.

Have an idea of what you want to accomplish and have a good understanding of your own business. They will help you achieve your goals.

Overall Score They have a friendly and professional team. They helped us get the job done.
    They helped us stay on time and on budget.
    They're a bit pricey, but we were not looking for the cheapest vendor. We wanted someone who would deliver a great product.
    They're knowledgeable about the industry. We were proud of the final piece of work.
    I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Node JS Website API and iOS App Dev for Startup

“They genuinely want to build the most robust technology possible.”

Apr. 2014 - Feb. 2015

Komodo Digital developed a complex website and corresponding native mobile app for iOS connected with an API database. They programmed the code in Node.js and based the design on prepared wireframes.

CEO, StreetStream

Komodo Digital developed, implemented, and launched products that serve as the foundational aspects of a startup’s business model. Working in sprints, they used an Agile methodology to maintain organized project management. They kept an open line of dialogue with daily communication.

I'm the CEO and founder of a delivery booking platform called StreetStream.

What challenge were you trying to address with Komodo Digital?

When I first engaged Komodo Digital, I needed a developer to build a complicated website that communicated with a mobile app.

I originally came to Komodo Digital with quite a detailed plan of what I wanted to do. We already had some wireframes from a different developer. After a few rounds of discussions to finalize the scope, they prepared an initial quote for building the two products.

Komodo Digital developed a custom website with a corresponding native iOS app connected with an API database. The primary programming language of the site is Node.js. They conducted development in sprints using an Agile approach.

I generally had one specific sales contact. I was in regular communication with two developers but spoke with one more than the other.

How did you come to work with Komodo Digital?

I searched on Google for developers in various cities. I looked at their websites and previous work. After speaking to Komodo Digital over the phone, they seemed like the first developers who instantly understood what I was trying to accomplish. Explaining the concept to everyone else was much harder work.

In terms of pure capital, we spent about $200,000 in total. The initial build cost about $85,000. We continued to do extra projects together that included maintenance.

Our contract started in April 2014. The beta for the initial version of the project went live in early February 2015.

As a startup, our business is built around the technologies we developed with Komodo Digital. They delivered products that launched our company from nothing to a reasonably sizeable business, which made a significant impact. There were quite a few bugs to iron out, which took a long time before we were ready for launch.

How did Komodo Digital perform from a project management standpoint?

Komodo Digital performed well in this regard. They were very organized and used the Agile methodology. During the building and testing phase, we communicated almost daily. I don't have much to compare them with since they are the first developers I’ve hired.

Komodo Digital works methodically. They genuinely want to build the most robust technology possible.

The only thing I noticed was that one particular developer, who has since left the company, had a tendency to make assumptions. They probably should have clarified everything with me first.

My general advice would be to specify what you want very carefully. I hadn't really worked with developers before and found it necessary to think through the project like a flow chart. Explaining the exact sequence helped them understand what I had in mind. Writing a description in prose doesn't work very well, which is probably true of all developers.

Overall Score My experience was generally good, but not without the occasional frustration.
    On the whole, scheduling was generally good.
    They are probably midmarket in terms of pricing.
    They are good, but could perhaps be just a bit more thorough about checking that their code is running properly.
    It might depend on the project.