Custom Mobile App Development House

Kogi Mobile is a mobile application development house based in Miami, Florida. We specializes in building native mobile applications and web apps (HTML 5) for iOS, Android operating systems. All our development work is done by our in-house, end-to-end mobile app developers and not a single line of code is outsourced.

The business founded in February 2011 currently has over 20 mobile specialists, the majority are developers supported by project managers, designers and QA personnel. We have experienced teams of iOS, Android, HTML 5 and back end developers who have developed 100s of Mobile apps and mobile web sites whilst working within the Kogi business. We have developed apps and sites for every market sector. The majority of our work is for blue chip, Fortune 500 companies.

Without great processes and project management you cannot achieve great results and quality products and services. We have a team of experienced project managers, QA and support staff who have already worked on over 100 projects within the business. We work using agile techniques, providing iterative releases and updates for our customers throughout the project lifecycle.

Many customers still overlook the requirement for support for mobile applications and sites. If a product is not standalone, i.e. it is dynamic with feeds then something can go wrong. When this happens the developer is often called to investigate the changes, after the project has been signed off. Also clients often want small changes or UI fixes to their apps or sites after consumer feedback for small releases. We offer monthly ongoing support for a small fee which includes development time as well as daily health checks of how your site is or application is functioning.

Miami, FL

• iSocial
  • Career Catcher

Bancolombia | Mobile App

Scorebook Live | iPad

Scorebooklive is a disruptive product that is replacing pen and paper with an iPad app. Traditionally the millions of basketball games across the US that are played every year are recorded on analogue systems and most of the data is lost.

With this app all data is now recorded digitally allowing referees, coaches, players and scouts to get access to information instantly. Fans who are parents, alumni and ex students can follow live all the games from the high school gyms around the country without having to be present.

Kogi designed and built the full stack solution including the iPad app and responsive website in around 3 months.

Snapfish | iOS | Android

Snapfish Mobile Special: Download the app and get 100 free prints a month for a year

line-height: 24px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Snapfish Photo & Gift App is the easiest way to order prints and personalized photo gifts from your mobile device.
Access photos from Snapfish, Facebook, Instagram, and Camera Roll.
Create beautiful gifts like canvases, mugs, panels, framed prints and more. By Kogi Mobile

Bupa | iOS | Android App

Make a claim, update your membership details and find Bupa Members First network providers, hospitals and Bupa centres on your phone! Built Kogi Mobile

iSocial | Mobile App

iSocial helps you get discovered and noticed on Instagram and the places that matter to you the most.

font-size: 12px; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" />
iSocial is the only organic app that naturally builds your audience with the people who are right for you and your brand.

Portrait Innovations | iOS | Android

Kogi work with Portrait Innovations a fast growing US corporate based in Charlotte, North Carolina.

color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: Raleway; font-size: 16px; line-height: 22.8571px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Kogi is working alongside the Portrait’s technical team to roll out mobile interfaces to enable all visitors to see photos on their smartphones and tablets as well as share them across popular social media channels.

In development is the ability tor review and manipulate personal and studio images in order to be able to buy everything from prints in store through to your photos on T-Shirts and Mugs.

Cayu | iOS | Android

Caveman | Android

Caveman Feast - Paleo Recipes is an app that was featured by Google for its simple design and stunning content. Built in just a few weeks and without any back end connection the app is a self contained experience of Paleo recipes. The app

is a rare success of a product that can be charged for due to the compelling content and the authors following; they are up and coming celebrities in the area of diet and fitness.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.abel.caveman

Hitch Radio | iOS | Android

Kogi have worked with Hitch for over a year now. Hitch is an app that reinvents radio. Users can search for any track or station live and then share their experiences with another friend who is listening to the same station. The drivers can take their friends from station to station and the riders (friend’s that hitch) will be taken with them, all the time with a snapchat style

messaging capability.

Kogi built the iOS and Android interfaces working with a Parse back end.

Web App Development for Concierge Service

"Building an app in its early stages requires constantly changing new features, which they [Kogi Mobile] did very well."

June 2015 - Ongoing

With the goal of building a proof-of-concept for their business, the client hired Kogi Mobile to  provide web and mobile app development services.

Medellin, Colombia
Founder, Latin Hosts

Kogi Mobile performs well for the client and consistently delivers quality work. The client appreciates the agency’s responsiveness and skilled team. There are no complaints for the agency and Kogi Mobile is highly recommended to others.

Latin Hosts (latinhosts.co) partners with an exclusive network of Airbnb properties in Latin America to provide concierge services and support for those properties’ guests and hosts.

I am the founder of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Kogi Mobile?

We needed to build a proof-of-concept for our business.

We've built the initial version of our product and are now looking to expand to a more robust application, which will be launched to a larger group of visitors and hosts across Colombia and Latin America.

I initially wanted to build an application for iOS and Android, but Kogi Mobile convinced me that the best test for the concept would be to build a responsive website. Also, we weren't quite ready to implement some of the typical items that would be found on an app. Functionalities like notifications of a visitor's arrival at the Airbnb property and providing geo-sensing weren't something that we needed to have available at the time.

The next phase of development will also focus on having a responsive website. We've found that the vast majority of our users are accessing the page on their phones already, so we will only build an app at a later stage.

How did you come to work with Kogi Mobile?

I've started companies in the US and Latin America for the last 15 years. I've worked with vendors in China, India, and other different countries. I've also worked with in-house developers. I interviewed a number of companies, using Upwork and other channels, in order to find someone that could build my solution. I was launching the product on my own time and without any investors. I needed someone that I could trust to produce the kind of work that I needed. Kogi Mobile's owner and I are mentors within The Founder Institute, which is a global mentoring organization in Colombia. Given their track record and proximity, I decided to work with them.

The total development cost so far has been $80,000. I expect that with the future native app development, the total project cost will reach $200,000. One of the reasons for selecting Kogi Mobile was their cost to quality ratio. The fact that I have a technical background has also helped in cutting costs down. I was able to save a lot of time in the process of conveying requirements to them.

We started working together in June, 2015. The project has had moments of slowing down in the meantime, but we're now working together on the next iteration. Phase three of our work will involve building native apps for iOS and Android. Users from Latin America tend to use Android to a greater extent than people from the US.

I'm very pleased with the quality of work offered by Kogi Mobile and their general responsiveness. They dealt well with my lack of clarity about what I required from the app. Building an app in its early stages requires constantly changing new features, which they did very well.

What distinguishes Kogi Mobile from other providers?

The difference between having an in-house team and an external vendor is the reaction time of each, based on user feedback. Certain development shops, especially in other countries, aren't able to be as reactive to changes, which is a crucial factor for startups in the present. Kogi Mobile has figured out how to ship a product quickly to the client, but also stay within their budget. I gave them a big requirement list, out of which they suggested testing two or three key functions first in order to get a measure of the market response; only then would we move on to building something bigger. They could have just had me pay a lot of money for features I may never have used, but they actually pulled me back, realizing that I may exhaust my budget on the first release and be left without a revenue-generating business. We built a little piece, received feedback for it, and demonstrated it to people. In the second phase, we're planning to introduce a lot more features and will be making changes based on what people have told us.

Is there anything Kogi Mobile could have improved or done differently?

I am a unique client for them in the sense that we are closer together physically. I've visited their development shop a couple of times. I don't know how they handle clients in the US, but I have heard that their owner travels to clients' locations. Being able to sit in their office and work through technical issues together has been important. They've also done a good job of selecting English-speaking staff, so we've had no communication issues.