Bespoke web development

We are a team of engineers who love building great products for the web. Our primary development platform is Ruby on Rails.

We have strong expertise in building web apps and utilize our knowledge, skills and best tools to deliver outstanding results to our clients. We go extra mile by analyzing your requirements and suggesting best implementation.

We are striving for long-term partnership and 70% of our new projects come from same clients. Not only we help you with building your product but we also evolve and maintain it over it's life cycle.

Odessa, Ukraine
  • Russia

Dev for Medical Social Network Platform

“Kodo Labs is the most cost effective — and provides the best service — of anyone I’ve worked with.”

Oct. 2015 - Ongoing

Kodo Labs provided start-to-finish, full-stack development and design for a web- and iOS-based social media platform. They continue to implement updates and bug fixes as needed.

Sydney, Australia
Jack Murray
CTO, Plexa.ai

Kodo Labs’ impressive development skills complement personable, responsive communication. Project execution speed exceeded expectations, even despite time-zone differences.

I am the CTO of Plexa.ai, a social media platform that uses algorithms to aggregate relevant news, media, and research for sharing among medical professionals’ unique user profiles.

What challenge were you trying to address with Kodo Labs?

Right from Plexa.ai’s founding, we sought a development company who could visualize our ideas and execute effective development and design that would meet the needs of a social platform.

In just one month, Kodo Labs transformed initial designs and goals into a working prototype. They did full-stack development, including HTML mock-ups and database restructuring, and designed the platform. After initial user feedback, Kodo Labs helped us scale up Plexa.ai to allow for unique user profile categorization, external payments, diversified information collection, personalized user feeds and content sharing within or outside (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin) the platform.

I got to work directly with the business manager, a project manager, a QA specialist, and multiple front- and backend developers.

How did you come to work with Kodo Labs?

I had previous positive experiences with other Ukrainian developers and found Kodo Labs on a freelancer website. We talked via Skype and phone and I was immediately impressed. They communicated well; were able to understand the project scope quickly; offered a large, flexible, and talented team to work with; and because of their previous experiences, understood the space very well.

We began our engagement in October 2015. We launched the platform in March 2018; the project is ongoing. After this project, we hope to continue our working relationship with them.

In just a few months, Kodo Labs fully developed and designed a professional, iTunes-hosted app. In only two weeks, they seamlessly integrated quite complex system specifications into our platform. In one instance, with little direction on our part, they creatively developed over 100 user categories to create unique profiles.

How did Kodo Labs perform from a project management standpoint?

Kodo Labs' project management stands out and their organization is second to none. We completed tasks using an effective two-week sprint method and shared two phone conversations a week to keep everything on track. They used Pivotal Tracker and Github to consistently update me and provide necessary feedback. The team has not only been responding quickly to my own questions, but also to user requests, updates, modifications, and bug fixes.

Their development skills and friendly attitude go hand in hand. They are a relatively small startup that works flexibly and remains open to discussing new ideas at length. Their ability to sustain comfortable and productive one-on-one conversations catalyzes successful efforts to fix every complex development issue and bug concerning every aspect of the entire platform.

I normally find that working with offshore developers results in some communication time-lags; however, I had none of these problems with Kodo Labs.

Overall Score It’s been really wonderful and I hope to continue to work with them well into the future.
    They have always been able to meet deadlines and alert me to any possible problems.
    Koda Labs is the most cost effective — and provides the best service — of anyone I’ve worked with.
    They regularly deliver on time according to requested specifications.
    I’ve already referred them to a colleague.

Outsourced Web Dev for Design Agency

"All of our products have been delivered on time with high quality..."

Sept. 2008 - Ongoing

A design agency leverages Kodo Labs' expertise for the dev end of their business. They have collaborated on multiple projects, including one that involved an implementation of Ruby on Rails for an architecture site.

Principal/Creative Director, Design Agency

Kodo Labs stands apart by their ability to deliver unique products through an efficient and seamless process. They are meticulous and provide cost and time-saving solutions, further strengthening the reliability of their team.

The company is a small-brand agency in San Francisco that specializes in retail branding both online and offline. I’m the co-owner.

What challenge were you trying to address with Kodo Labs?

We needed a developer because we don’t have our own developers in-house. We use Kodo Labs for their ability to build websites in multiple languages.

We’ve worked with Kodo Labs on 20 different projects. Several years ago, we worked with them to envision not only the code language but the structural wireframe. It was an architecture site in which we leveraged new technology using Ruby on Rails. The project spanned a vast variety of services including imagery, text, and video. There was a lot of show and hide of content. We worked with Kodo Labs on different technologies that the user could engage and interact with and share their experience with someone afterward. We built a PDF composer where a user can gather information by clicking on “PDF builder” and then at the end of their visit, those selections have been compiled into a PDF which they can download. That person can then email that as a hard copy instead of just telling their friend to go to the website.

How did you come to work with Kodo Labs?

We found them online through a friend referral.

How much have you invested with Kodo Labs?

The project cost under $10,000.

We started working with them in September 2008, and the work is ongoing.

We have used different developers over the years and their personality traits ultimately affected the development process. Kodo Labs is Ukrainian and they’re much more cerebral and functional. We present them with ideas and they provide insightful suggestions. The process is streamlined, quicker, and ends with a quality product. The project achieved the goals the company was looking for. From a design standpoint and a functional development standpoint, everything is very smooth, works on all platforms, and is done in a way that’s completely unique in terms of navigation compared to than anything out there.

How did Kodo Labs perform from a project management standpoint?

The project management was very good. We used Yahoo Messenger when we first started and now we use Slack. We have unique channels specific to the development teams and are able to chat with them personally anytime online. The time difference has never been a problem.

What did you find most impressive about Kodo Labs?

Their attention to detail from a development standpoint outweighs anything I can provide. They give suggestions and that saves me money and time because they’re providing me with the tools to get the job done according to my parameters.

Are there any areas Kodo Labs could improve?

Not really. They’re our number one team.

Overall Score We’ve worked with them for a long time and we’re friends now. Their English skills are good, so there are no barriers there.
    The time difference would be the only reason.
    Because I know what I pay other teams, they’re on the upper end, but I think that’s backed up by the quality. You get what you pay for.
    All of our products have been delivered on time with high quality that has exceeded our expectations.

Software Development for Medical Platform

“They’re responsive and skilled.”

Jan. 2017 - Ongoing

Kodo Labs is creating wireframes, UX/UI elements for a social platform for the medical industry. They’re also responsible for developing the application and performing QA testing.

Sydney, Australia
CEO, Medial Software Company

So far, Kodo Lab has delivered high-quality work. Despite some scheduling and cost issues, their team’s workflow is excellent. Overall, they’re a communicative and knowledgeable team.

I’m the CEO and founder of a medical social networking platform that matches patients with doctors.

For what projects/services did your company hire Kodo Labs?

I needed assistance with web development, app design, and creating the UX/UI elements.

I was looking for a vendor to fully develop the telemedicine platform to my specifications.

I searched for vendors online and ultimately decided on Kodo Labs after an interview process.

We tasked them with designing wireframes, planning the UX/UI, developing the application, and performing QA tests. They’re still working on the platform.

I work with a project manager, a QA specialist, a frontend designer, and a backend designer.

So far, they’ve had a positive impact on the project and our business.

Overall, they’ve been excellent, but there have been problems with hitting milestones and staying on budget.

They’re responsive and skilled. Their range of capabilities spans a variety of development tools, with the exception of blockchain engineering.

They should expand their services to include blockchain engineering. They could also pay a bit more attention to time and budget restrictions.

Overall, they're very good.