Unity development software house

Professional Unity development software house based in Wroclaw, Poland. Hiring 12 Unity developers with 3-6 commercial experience, our key areas of expertise are:

- Developing complete games in Unity,
- Rapid prototyping,
- Optimizing games,
- Creating custom shaders,
- Implementing game services,
- Creating dedicated Unity plugins,
- Programming secure server back-ends,
- Performing security audits for multiplayer games,
- Designing and implementing advanced and adaptive AI,
- Porting games into mobile / PC / consoles / VR / AppleTV and all other platforms supported by Unity,
- Working with augmented reality (Vuforia).

So far we have never failed a single project, hence we are confident that we can also provide professional Unity development service fit to your needs.

We share our skills through the Unity Tips & Tricks blog, that has been featured multiple times on various popular game dev site (such as Gamasutra).

For new clients, that are willing to work with us long term, we offer a 3-day trial period to break the ice and build the fundaments for mutual trust. If you don't like what you get, you don't have to pay for it. Fair enough? :)

You can find us on Facebook, Twitter, Skype and contact us directly via email: [email protected] - see you soon!

Wroclaw, Poland
headquaters
  • The Knights of Unity
    Jedności Narodowej 45B
    Wroclaw 50-260
    Poland
    +48 728 362 108

Interplay Entertainment Corp., Droids on Roids, Exit Games, Bandit-1, Squaricon, Realtime Associates, TreasureHunt Studios, MachineWorks Northwest LLC, Gobrilla AG, VR Global

Programming for Website Development Company

"Their service went above and beyond and they didn't charge me for extra things that, potentially, many other studios would."

The Knights of Unity were hired to complete a 3-D extension for Unity that would appear on the Unity access store.

Owner, Software Development Company

The client was very happy with the services that The Knights of Unity provided and has received excellent ratings on the application they helped him create.

It doesn't really have a company relation. It's just me.

What business challenge were you trying to address with The Knights of Unity?

I originally contacted The Knights of Unity to complete a job for a Unity 3-D extension that was going to be placed on the unity access store. It's called Quick Poly. The goal of it is you quickly create dynamic 2-D primitives. If you know anything about unity, it's very difficult to have to access different mesh classes. It is more of a specialized type of tool just the way it's functioning. They completed it in a very professional manner. I had a few questions afterward even when we were done completing the tasks that I had for them and what we had agreed upon, and they even helped me past that without charge. I was very impressed with that.

I started working on the plug-in myself but I got stuck in working the mesh properly. I was looking online, and I found The Knights of Unity. I contacted them, and they got working right away. They originally laid out the scope and how long they were going to estimate things would cost. They broke it down into segments. I would pay for a certain segment upon completion. I thought that was effective. I felt it was great that they broke it down for me, which is better because I can actually see I'm getting something. It's a lot to look after, especially with code. You need to make sure it's all working correctly. If they implemented a feature that wasn't exactly what I was thinking, they would go back and switch it. They were very good that way.

How did you come to work with The Knights of Unity?

I basically found them on a Unity forum, where you can go through and people can post their work, and they can ask for potential hires and some of their other clients' work. I was going through that. They were offering a 50 percent rate for any first time customers, which was very nice because I was a little cash strapped at the time. That was definitely one of the main motivators and seeing how many clients they had dealt with before and their reviews. They had very high reviews. I can see why.

It was $5,000.

This project will be ongoing. It's on hold but, in the future, I definitely will have them keep adding certain features. It'll be on a couple of months, and then it'll be off a couple of months.

All our reviews on the store have is five stars. I don't think it can get any better than that. I have gotten quite a few emails and people are very impressed with the tool itself. If they have a question, I'll be more than happy to answer. Even if they have a question, and I can forward it to The Knights of Unity, they can help me out if there was a problem.

They're excellent.

What distinguishes The Knights of Unity from other providers?

As I mentioned before, they did so just by going above and beyond.

Is there anything The Knights of Unity could have improved or done differently?

I don't think I have anything negative to say about them. No, I would say everything went well. We didn't have any speed bumps. It was smooth sailing.

Overall Score I can even contact them on a Saturday, and that's not an issue. They're extremely dedicated to their work. That I find very helpful.
    I did feel that it was a bit expensive. Once I started to see the quality of work, and especially after the project with all these extra fixes, it was definitely worth their price. Even at $50, just by the service they provided, it'd be well worth it.
    The reasoning for that is their above and beyond service of not charging me for extra things that, potentially, many other studios would do. That's not an industry standard not to charge for that.

Gaming Development for Game Startup

"The Knights of Unity worked at such speed that they had to wait for me to finish my part. I was very impressed with this. The Knights of Unity accomplished in a few weeks what would have taken me a couple of months."

The Knights of Unity were engaged by a Japanese entrepreneur to bring his Unity online game to life by providing custom development services to improve functionality and user experience.

Japan
Founder and CEO at Gaming Startup

The client is amazed by the vendor's ability to deliver work and updates quickly and to push the project forward. The vendor is recommended to other game developers because of their casual yet professional approach.

My company is developing a gaming platform. It was started 3 years ago, based on a few patents that I'd written. I wasn't able to obtain funding for it in Japan because people here don't like taking risks. I ended up doing a lot of the development myself.

I am the CEO [Chief Executive Officer] of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with The Knights of Unity?

I needed development resources in order to create an initial game for my platform.

The Knights of Unity are developing my software using the Unity platform. I purchased many plug-ins and gave The Knights of Unity access to them. They are able to create custom programming, so many of those tools have been bypassed. The Knights of Unity developed a lot of custom coding in order to make the system more manageable.

I am using a different team for artwork. I haven't gotten into music and sound effects, but The Knights of Unity told me that they could help in this area. They'd worked on projects in the past which involved music, sound effects, and so on.

We're building a prototype, so The Knights of Unity has only assigned me 2 people for the work. If the market reaction to my game is good, we will develop further updates using a larger team. I work directly with the developers. I've been involved in software projects in the past, so I can talk a bit of geek. My original meeting with The Knights of Unity did involve a project manager, but working directly with developers is usually faster.

How did you come to work with The Knights of Unity?

I found The Knights of Unity by accident. I had a few issues with one of the Unity plug-ins that I was using, so I contacted the author, who had a banner for The Knights of Unity on his blog. He told me that they could help with outsourcing projects, which was perfect for me, given that I'd mostly done design work up to that point. I got in touch with The Knights of Unity's CEO and had a look at some of their projects and sample code. It all looked very sound, and the quotation that The Knights of Unity gave me was reasonable as well.

I've inquired with a few other companies, but our talks didn't get much further. I base my decisions on first contacts. If I get the feeling that the person I'm talking to isn't committed, then I'll usually stop the communication.

How much have you invested with The Knights of Unity?

The initial cost of The Knights of Unity's development was $25,000. I expect the total cost to reach between $30,000 and $35,000. I am constantly changing scopes in order to keep my game up-to-date with the other thousands of releases being made every day.

I started working with The Knights of Unity in February 2016. They are still working on my prototype.

It is extremely early to give any feedback for their work. Any bugs will only reveal themselves in the quality assurance stage, which is scheduled for later in 2016. The demos and code snippets that The Knights of Unity provided haven't had any issues.

How did The Knights of Unity perform from a project management standpoint?

The Knights of Unity works a lot faster than me. When I initially gave them the game outlines, The Knights of Unity worked at such speed that they had to wait for me to finish my part. I was very impressed with this. The Knights of Unity accomplished in a few weeks what would have taken me a couple of months.

I started using Jira, which is the platform that The Knights of Unity uses internally. They setup a Jira project for me, and I've also created one for my work with the design artist.

What did you find most impressive about The Knights of Unity?

I appreciated the friendly and casual approach that The Knights of Unity offered. There is a professional level present with them, but game companies tend to be more relaxed and casual in general. They will strive to enjoy doing what they're doing, rather than making money. I felt comfortable right from the get-go. The Knights of Unity answered all my questions and were helpful in general.

Are there any areas The Knights of Unity could improve?

The only difficulty I've come across so far is with the accent of one of the developers. I sometimes have to ask him to repeat what he's saying, but I do understand him in the end. This has been as difficult as it gets, and everyone else's English is fine.

I'm the one setting schedules, but The Knights of Unity has been able to conform to them and generally deliver before deadlines.
    I was extremely surprised by the quotation. I was expecting it to be a lot more, based on the other companies I've talked to.
    I've been very impressed with The Knights of Unity.
    I don't know any other people working in the gaming industry, but I would recommend The Knights of Unity for anyone looking to do Unity development specifically.

Mobile Gaming Development for Startup Game

"The Knights of Unity always met deadlines. I communicate well with the team. I was able to send my requirements documentation to The Knights of Unity, have a few Skype calls around it, answer questions, and have them simply understand my needs."

The Knights of Unity was hired to integrate features and improve user experience on a new mobile game being developed on the Unity platform.

Dallas/Fort Worth Area
Founder at Wufasta

The Knights of Unity are recommended to other gaming startup firms in the US that need a reliable, competent, and communicative Unity integration expert.

We provide an engagement platform which helps mobile game developers monetize and reward their players through a points-based mechanic.

I am the founder of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with The Knights of Unity?

I needed development resources for building the first version of my software. Once it’s ready for beta testing, I plan on reaching out to my network, get them signed on, and continue to make improvements.

The Knights of Unity is developing a minimum viable product for Android and iOS. We chose the Unity engine because it's free and there are many developers for it. I don't have to worry about someone becoming sick or unavailable in the middle of a project as I would if I was using a freelancer, since the Knights of Unity are a team they will always have someone available.

The Knights of Unity is working on the backend and server side of my platform, also adding social media login functionalities. We haven't reached the client side of the work.

How did you come to work with The Knights of Unity?

I first heard of The Knights of Unity on Twitter. Their principal reached out to me and we had a good conversation. I'd received solicitations from other outsourcing firms in the past, but they never convinced me. The Knights of Unity seemed to understand what I was trying to build and they had a legitimate interest in it, from a development standpoint.

The total cost of The Knights of Unity's development has been between $10,000 and $50,000.

The Knights of Unity is still working on my project.

We haven't reached the testing phase yet, but that is included in The Knights of Unity's package.

How did The Knights of Unity perform from a project management standpoint?

The Knights of Unity always met deadlines. I communicate well with the team. I was able to send my requirements documentation to The Knights of Unity, have a few Skype calls around it, answer questions, and have them simply understand my needs. The Knights of Unity has an intuitive grasp of what I need to accomplish. The best example is that, unlike the Android app, we will have to consider how the login system will work on iOS. I had to do some research on this topic myself, but The Knights of Unity already knew about the limitations, which I appreciated.

I receive progress reports from The Knights of Unity on Bitbucket, and we also use Jira for ticket tracking.

What did you find most impressive about The Knights of Unity?

The Unity game engine is The Knights of Unity's specialty, and they are also proficient in backend server programming.

Are there any areas The Knights of Unity could improve?

The only drawback has been the time zone difference. The Knights of Unity is based in Poland, and I'm in Texas. There isn't much to be done about that, but I can usually talk to their principal during my working time.

Overall Score I plan to use The Knights of Unity for developing sample games, after my platform is complete.
    The Knights of Unity gave me estimates for best and worst case scenarios. We work through a time-and-materials contract which is capped at a certain amount. This made me feel assured.
    I've already referred The Knights of Unity to one local game studio. They were looking to hire freelancers as help for the lead programmer, but I considered The Knights of Unity to be a better fit.

Mobile Gaming Development for Studio

"Knights was friendly, easy to communicate with, and did a superb job. They were also extremely dynamic in their development."

The Knights of Unity were engaged to help with a mobile gaming integration project on the Unity Platform by an Australian mobile studio.

Australia
Co-founder and Developer at Game Studio

The Knights of Unity successfully completed the project for the client and is now engaged on a new one. The client highlights their effective communication and they are highly recommended to others.

We are a three person independent games developer based in Melbourne, Australia. I am one of the three creators of the company, and the programmer.

What challenge were you trying to address with The Knights of Unity?

We required online multiplayer and the use of an external content sharing API to be implemented into our game.

The game had been developed for single player, and as such required the addition of multiplayer to the core framework. Additionally, our game enables the use of user created content. The Knights of Unity were also tasked with adding integration with the Steam platform’s ‘Workshop’ feature. Which allows users to upload their content and have it automatically downloaded in games.

How did you come to work with The Knights of Unity?

We looked through the Unity jobs forums to find eligible parties. Once we found a number of possible people, we also investigated their websites, previous projects, and contacted each for an example of work, a rough outline of cost, and whether their skills suited our requirements.

How much have you invested with The Knights of Unity?

The project came in around the $8,000 - $10,000 mark. We are currently undergoing a second project with them that is worth about $7,000.

The first project went from the 1st of February to the 31st of May [2016]. The current project began on the 4th of July and is ongoing.

Multiplayer and Steam Workshop support were successfully integrated. Any minor bugs that arose during tested were promptly solved by the Knights. The only metrics we can share are that the game is currently owned by approximately 1,200 people, and since completing the project, we have not received any bug reports for multiplayer integration or for Steam Workshop integration.

What did you find most impressive about The Knights of Unity?

Contact was particularly good with the Knights. It was extremely easy to get in touch with them, to raise a bug, or to workshop issues together via Skype calls. Having such easy communication, particularly with such different time zones, made the project much easier to coordinate and work through.

Are there any areas The Knights of Unity could improve?

It is perhaps cliché, but I have absolutely no issues to report having worked with the Knights. Knights was friendly, easy to communicate with, and did a superb job. They were also extremely dynamic in their development. When unexpected issues arose from a game design perspective, they were quick to report them, and then offer suggestions and eventual implementations for solutions.

They always hit deadlines.
    It is fair.
    The Knights are currently completing a port of our game to a new platform. We have tons of confidence in them.
    We already have.