We Design, Develop and Deliver

Kinex Media is a full featured Digital Agency based in Toronto that focuses on innovation, UX and new technologies. We help emerging businesses get off the ground and grow into successful companies. It is our belief that a company’s website is its biggest asset and it is our number one goal to make that the case for you.

2008

• Dr. Kimberly
  • Cargo Cabbie
  • Overdrive Auto

Web Redesign for Ninja Warrior Training Facility

"Whenever we’ve had ideas, they do some research and come up with a solution that better fits my business."

Nov 2016 - Jan. 2017

Kinex Media redesigned a WordPress website, introducing custom code and features like a revamped contact tool, an online booking system, and a calendar. They continue to make requested changes and updates.

Ravi Bajaj
Founder, Ninjaz Canada

Costs and efficiency have both improved thanks to Kinex Media. They communicate consistently and listen well, which enables them to turn tasks around rapidly. When approached with feature requests, they investigate all possible options to return optimized functionality unique to their client.

I’m the founder of Ninjaz Canada, Canada’s first Ninja Warrior training facility for kids and adults. We’re a play gym with an obstacle course racing setup and cater to everybody from toddlers to adults. We have different obstacle courses with different difficulty levels and provide venue options for birthday parties, bachelorette parties, and corporate events.

What challenge were you trying to address with Kinex Media?

We were working with another web design company in Toronto, and they did a fairly good job, but because we were the first company of our kind in the market, they had trouble pinpointing our programs and being concise with them. When our website launched, parents were confused about our offerings and programs and their timing. I was busy operating the business and didn’t have time to pre-screen everything the vendor was developing. Eventually, it was time to redo our website, and I wanted to look for another partner.

They redesigned the site using WordPress and some custom code. Amir said the site would take four to eight weeks, and I saw a skeleton of the site after three. I knew where he was going with the color scheme and it looked quite nice.

Our previous site didn’t have any booking capabilities, but they introduced them to us when we went into their office. We looked at things they’d done for other companies and liked the booking feature. After talking about what ours would look like, they created one specifically for us.

Amir (Co-Founder, Kinex Media) recommended we put a calendar on the site. We’re in the recreation industry, so our hours can be irregular at times (seven days a week during the summer, M-F during the year except for winter break, open to the public on weekends only). Before this, I’d hired a receptionist to answer peoples’ questions about how to get to our site and what our hours were.

They also implemented a new customer contact system. On our site, people see a one-click contact page where they put in their name, phone number, email, and a brief message, and then submit it. This way we know exactly what their questions are about and which department to direct them toward.

Our website has a dashboard where my marketing coordinator can edit the site. If we want to change something that Kinex heavily coded, all we have to do is send them a quick text or hop on a call with Amir, and they’ll have it done quickly, usually within the hour. If this is the case, we give them all the information and pictures we want them to include.

Amir is my direct contact, but I’m also in constant touch with a designer.

How did you come to work with Kinex Media?

When starting any project, I do online research and then tap into my network to see if anyone has had experience with them. I shortlisted Kinex Media and one other company from this project, and one of my husband’s friends had worked with Amir before. He remembered they had quick turnaround, so I met with Amir.

After numerous discussions, I could tell Amir was knowledgeable, patient, and quick to listen, which is how he understands everything. He was able to critique my website without me giving him a lot of information and tell me what changes were required. Ultimately, I chose them because of the close attention they pay to detail.

We worked together from November 2016 until January 2017. The website took eight weeks to complete, and then we went back and forth to fine tune things for 1–2 weeks.

I have better control of my website and, as a small business owner, I feel empowered. The contact page lets my employees receive emails directly, which improves their efficiency, and I don’t have a receptionist just to handle calls for hours of operations and directions anymore. Everything on our website is clear.

How did Kinex Media perform from a project management standpoint?

If a feature isn’t functioning properly, I can call or text Amir because we’ve developed that kind of relationship. The rest of my team communicates via phone calls or email.

Whenever we’ve had ideas, Kinex does some research and comes up with a solution that better fits my business. Their after-sale service has been fantastic. They’re approachable and turn things around quickly.

I’m sure they offer more services to bigger companies, like taking care of all the design work and tweaks they require. If I had to say something, that's what I’d recommend.

Overall Score It’s been very positive.
    Their estimate was higher than the company I was working with but the quality of work was worth it.
    I would highly recommend them to any business who wants to be successful, especially small businesses like me.

Web Redesign & Development for ERP Software Firm

“They were proactive and responsive throughout the whole project and continue to be, even now.”

June - Sept. 2015

Kinex Media designed and developed a new WordPress site, updating the fonts, colors, templates, and site structure. They also migrated 300 pages of legacy content and integrated an existing blog.

Vaughan, Canada
Samantha Hornby
Marketing & Sales Manager, Blue Link Associates Limited

The new site generated higher traffic volumes, and users praised the revamped graphics and intuitive navigation. Rather than just executing the redesign, Kinex Media worked closely with the internal team to teach them best practices. They’ve continued to provide critical support even after launch.

I’m the sales and marketing manager at an ERP software company called Blue Link Associates. We design, develop, sell, and support our proprietary ERP software.

What challenge were you trying to address with Kinex Media?

Our in-house team had updated our previous website on an ongoing basis, but we hadn’t completed a full update in years. As a result, our site looked outdated and needed a complete refresh. We reached out to Kinex Media to migrate our site to a different platform before revamping the design.

They designed and developed a new WordPress site, updating the general look and feel from the ground up. Because we wanted to be involved throughout the process, they provided critical input and taught us how to make modifications ourselves.

We collaborated to redesign the core visual elements, overhauling the templates, fonts, and colors. They also modified the site’s structure; it now features 100% width and has embedded forms. Together, we migrated, reformatted, and edited 300 legacy webpages in addition to moving our blog onto the new platform.

We worked closely with Amir (Co-Founder, Kinex Media) and Karan (Co-Founder, Kinex Media). Karan was our go-to contact and acted like a project manager. If we had pressing issues and didn’t hear back from him for whatever reason, we would also reach out to Amir. Between the two of them, they always got back to us quickly.

How did you come to work with Kinex Media?

We found them while searching online and brought them in along with 1–2 other potential candidates. During the meeting, they presented their project approach, detailing their structure and plan for helping companies move to new platforms. Based on that, we decided to go with Kinex Media.

Their work lasted from June–September 2018. Since the site launch, they’ve continued to provide ongoing support when necessary.

Our site traffic has increased significantly since going live, and everyone internally really likes the design. Visitors have also commented on the visuals, noting that the new site looks professional and has great content. Although it’s text heavy, it’s easy to navigate and manage. Moving the blog to the site has also saved time because we no longer have to oversee two separate platforms.

How did Kinex Media perform from a project management standpoint?

For the most part, they did a great job. There was some miscommunication in the beginning as we sorted out our responsibilities from theirs, but we had no issues going forward. Kinex Media understood that we wanted to be involved, too, and worked with us. A lot of times, we asked them to teach us how to do a task ourselves instead of assigning it to them because we wanted to learn. In terms of communication, we mostly spoke through phone and email.

Although we don’t work with them on a regular basis anymore, they’ve remained responsive to our inquiries, getting back to us almost immediately. They’re also proactive in helping us ensure optimal site performance. For example, during the big push to move all sites to a secure HTTPS format, they reached out to us to keep us up to date.

In the initial stages, there was some communication on who was responsible for what, which led to a bit of duplicate work. But once we addressed those issues, the process was really good.

Be very clear and upfront about how much you want to be involved. If you want to learn throughout and be more hands-on, then you need to communicate that.

Overall Score All in all, they were great to work with and still are.
    There was some duplicate work initially as we figured out our respective responsibilities, but after that, the schedule was on time.
    They were definitely worth every penny.
    I would recommend them. We expected some inevitable hiccups, but those were very minor.

SEO & PPC for Exhibit Design Firm

“We trust them and don’t need to constantly check their work.”

2016 - Ongoing

Kinex Media manages SEO and does some social media consultation. They improved the website, resolving various technical difficulties, and will soon start a PPC campaign.

Marketing Director, Design Firm

Kinex Media is reliable and responsive, quickly providing answers to any questions or concerns that arise. They hold monthly meetings to review progress and make changes, as needed. The team is friendly and professional, making them a great partner for any business.

I'm the marketing director for a design build firm. We build everything from museum galleries to trade show booth exhibits. We also do retail designs, such as pop-up locations and experiential marketing.

What challenge were you trying to address with Kinex Media?

Our website was decent but not optimized, so we wanted to hire a partner to improve our SEO. We also had quite a few other technical issues with the site that we wanted fixed.

Kinex Media worked on our SEO and made changes to the website to reflect those improvements. They came up with functional and creative designs, arranging copy in a way that improved our image. We also rely on them for some social media consultation, helping us maximize our online presence. Part of their SEO work is online advertising, and we’ll soon be starting a PPC campaign with them.

We work with a project manager and the owner.

How did you come to work with Kinex Media?

We found them on Google. We had a thorough vetting process and interviewed numerous agencies, but we felt Kinex Media was the best match.

We’ve been working together since 2016.

Our Google rankings are improving, and we’re showing up on the first page of search results. Our SEO has become strong, and Kinex Media is in tune with Google’s algorithms and the changes that frequently take place.

How did Kinex Media perform from a project management standpoint?

Every month, we review keywords to make sure everything is working properly and make changes as needed. They’re reliable and manage the project correctly. They meet our deadlines or let us know if something will take longer than expected. We mainly communicate via email and phone, but they have project management tools available.

They’re professional and extremely friendly, helping with any concerns. They have a quick turnaround time and seem to know the answer to every question. We trust them and don’t need to constantly check their work.

They should celebrate their work more and build a stronger social media presence.

Get in touch with them, meet in person, and explain what you want. Let them guide you.

Digital Marketing for Limo Service

"I am a very picky client, but can happily say that Kinex can get it done. They have produced a beautiful website and grown our lead generation efforts."

Apr. 2013 - Ongoing

Kinex Media was hired by a transportation provider to design and develop the firm's main website, booking system, and also generate leads with a digital marketing campaign.

Los Angeles Metro Area
Owner, Limo Company

Kinex Media is praised for their honesty and transparency, plus their ability to support the website at any time of the day. Kinex Media is recommended to any client large or small.

I work for Lavis Limos. We provide limos for events, corporate accounts, etc...

I needed to find a website design, development, and online marketing partner to grow my business. I also own other transportation companies under the same umbrella, so I wanted a full-service solution so I wouldn't have to hire many agencies or experts.

We had worked with other firms in the past that took our money and provided no results. We didn't want to get burned again, so reputation was key in my search.

Kinex Media provides web design, SEO [search engine optimization], PPC [pay-per-click], and social media marketing to enhance my online lead generation efforts. I found Kinex Media online and liked the look of their website. They seemed reputable and honest.

We have worked together for about three years, starting in 2013. One of the main projects they provided was an interactive, online booking system to reserve cars. They also produced an online database to gather the data from the system.

They support our system 24/7 and manage bookings as well, which is a demanding task.

They always work within our budget. We tell them what we have to spend and they can always accommodate. Some months, we spend up to $20,000.

I am a very picky client, but can happily say that Kinex can get it done. They have produced a beautiful website and grown our lead generation efforts. They always make changes lightning quick when I ask for them. I can give them a 12 hour notice for a change and they always get it done on time.

My PPC campaign is effective and is also producing a positive return on investment. Our website has a complex booking system, but it's only gone down a couple of times. They got the system back up right away and it didn't cause any lasting problems.

On the SEO side, they have grown our keyword rankings and organic traffic. They are honest and transparent with all activities. They are awesome and I highly recommend them to anyone.

Overall Score They are strong. I gave them 2 projects.
    They meet deadlines.
    They are honest.
    They have very high quality because they take time with their work. It's above average.
    All strong.

Web Design for Mental Health Group

"The site turned out great and Kinex Media performed very well."

July 2015 - Ongoing

Kinex Media designed, developed, and implemented a two-part mobile-responsive website with a backend membership. They completed social media covers and banners and are continuing work on email signatures.

Owner, Mental Health Group

Kinex Media produced results on a quick timeline, delivering the industry-unique website within 90 days to meet a specific launch date. The team is professional, cost-effective, and responsive, and was able to provide the specific Parallax designers required for the project.

I have a psychology and counseling practice in Canada. I employ about 23 people, and we work with couples and individuals on relationship issues.

I am the owner of the practice.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Kinex Media?

I wanted to have a new website.

Kinex Media did the design and the implementation of my mobile responsive site. They did social media covers and banners, because I was really looking forward to that. They’re still working on email signature stuff. The site has two parts in it; the first is the website, and then the second is the backend membership part of the site. We’re still working together on developing that part. Right now there’s a free membership, but then in December we’re planning on launching a paid membership part of the site as well.

How did you come to work with Kinex Media?

My original website was done by a company in London, England. I was really happy with their services, but because of the conversion right now with the British Pound, it wasn’t financially smart to go with a company overseas. So I looked for a company in Canada, and Kinex came up really high on the search engine rankings. When I spoke to them, they were super professional, and they seemed to understand the kind of look and feel I was going for. I did talk to a few other people, but they didn’t seem as good as Kinex. Kinex seemed to fit the bill, and pretty soon after that we were working together.

I found them to be very cost-effective. My whole site, including the membership part, was $8,500. I feel like they really went above and beyond for that cost, considering that the site I had previously was $21,000.

Our first contact was July 30th, and the site was actually published on September 21st. That’s a crazy turnaround, especially for a site with a backend like that, and it was extremely well done. We are still working together to complete the membership part of the site.

They were able to turn things around really quickly. I had a specific date in mind that I wanted to launch, and it was not easy to accomplish. I’m very particular about what I want.

I think the site turned out great and Kinex Media performed very well. The feedback has been fantastic. It is a Parallax site, which is a specific type of site, and it takes a specific type of designer to do it. I love the Parallax function and I love how it scrolls. I think the visual appeal is fantastic. It’s exactly what I was looking for. Just about everyone who’s seen it, loves it. They know that, in my industry, nobody else has a site like this. So it’s kind of new and groundbreaking in terms of that as well. So I’m very happy with it.

What distinguishes Kinex Media from other providers?

The thing I appreciated the most was that they really respected my deadline. These guys were not like other companies. The weekend before the launch, we were in touch every two hours. They were working so hard on it. I had eight updates for them, and they’d write back with eight responses. I feel like it’s very rare to find someone that is actually that responsive and cares about making it happen for you.

Is there anything Kinex Media could have improved or done differently?

Nothing I can think of right now. I was really clear from day one about what I was looking for in someone to work with, and they met all of those criteria for me.

I’ve already recommended them.

Web Design & SEO for Law Firm

"I felt that I was heard, my ideas were appreciated, and my values were incorporated into the project."

Kinex Media created a website and provided follow-on SEO services. The new website was required to be user-friendly and more modern, forward thinking, and representative of the client than a previous website.

Hina Rizvi
Managing Director, Rizvi Legal Professional Corporation

The new website has received positive feedback from a wide range of users. Kinex Media successfully conveyed the client’s image and communicated a more progressive message to users. The team provided professional, efficient, and timely service and was committed to communication and customer service.

My company is a law firm that provides legal services to clients relating to matrimonial and family matters, real estate law, corporate matters and wills and estates matters.

What is your role at the company?

I am the owner, managing director, and principal lawyer at the firm.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Kinex Media?

I had a basic website before I approached Kinex Media, and I was looking for someone who understood the needs and demands of a law firm and the type of clientele I wanted to attract. My website at the time was not reflective of my vision for the company. I was interested in having a website developed that reflected the progressive nature of my values, goals, and principles in a user-friendly format. Additionally, I was seeking a modern, forward-thinking representation of my firm while maintaining the traditional values of a law firm.

The scope was to create a website for my company and eventually proceed to SEO [search engine optimization].

How did you come to work with Kinex Media?

I reviewed their previous work and websites they had created for other companies, including a law firm. I sat with Amir [Waheed, project manager at Kinex Media] to discuss my goals and values and felt that he understood my needs.

It was a few thousand dollars.

It was completed slightly less than two years ago.

I had very positive feedback from friends, colleagues, and clients with respect to my new website. They helped me portray my company as I envisioned and communicated to individuals that my company was progressing and ready to move forward with them in new ways. They were very professional, efficient, and timely with their service.

What distinguishes Kinex Media from other providers?

The greatest part of working with Kinex Media was their communication and commitment to customer service. I felt that I was heard, my ideas were appreciated, and my values were incorporated into the project.

In hindsight, are there areas in which they could improve, or things you might do differently?

Nothing that I can think of.