Drupal & WordPress: Strategy, Design & Development

Kanopi Studios designs, builds, and supports websites for clients that want to make an impact. We create clean, modern, and user-focused sites that ensure your visitors build a lasting connection with your brand. We are a fully distributed team that hires the best and brightest web design and development talent across North America, but our heart and soul (and many of our staff) are in San Francisco and the state of California.

All "Kanopians" are senior-level experts, and many have been thought leaders in our tech space for over a decade.

Kanopi Studios is a Drupal Association member with several Acquia certified Drupal developers, and we are the lead organizers of the Bay Area Drupal Camp (BADCamp).

San Francisco, CA
  • Elizabeth Street
    San Francisco, CA 94114

EDUCATION: Stanford University, Yale Press, University of California, Washington State University, Stratford School. NONPROFIT: Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy, American Epilepsy Society, Physicians for Human Rights, Teach for All, Benetech. CORPORATE: Autodesk, Apartment List, Kilroy Realty, Big Switch. CIVIC: San Francisco International Airport, San Francisco Public Library.
COIT Cleaning Services Image

COIT Cleaning Services

COIT offers cleaning services as well as 24/7 emergency restoration. Their 100+ locations serve over 12 million homes & businesses across the US and Canada. But their site was a mess with a dated design and poor navigation. Drupal 8 was the perfect choice to clean COIT’s house: it accommodated all the requirements and needed complexity, while allowing for a

focus on design. Geolocation, streamlined forms, and management of franchise promotions improves the customer experience.

Institute at Golden Gate Image

Institute at Golden Gate

The Institute at Golden Gate (instituteatgoldengate.org) is at the intersection of park lands and social good. Kanopi created a Drupal 8 site that supported the need for park leaders to help solve complex social challenges, from healthcare to community inequities. The design system highlights initiatives, resources, and news while showcasing IGG’s knowledge and innovation. Newsletter engagement and donation opportunities were

simplified, and content editing made scalable for future growth.
International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) Image

International Association of Business Communicators (IABC)

The International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) serves professionals in business communication with educational opportunities, certifications, a resource library, an annual conference, and more. Kanopi consolidated multiple sites into one cohesive content strategy and unified brand, driving all user traffic a single channel and cutting down on

site maintenance. IABC now has a mobile-friendly WordPress site with a cleaner user experience for both internal and external users.

Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy Image

Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy

Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy cares for trails, facilities, and natural ecosystems in area parks while providing education and community programs. Kanopi created a responsive Drupal site with a unified content structure to connect multiple departments. Additional goals were flexibility, easy maintenance, and a stellar mobile experience for

park users on the go. The result? A design that celebrates San Francisco’s natural beauty with a 25% increase overall for all goals and conversions.

National Council for the Blind in Ireland (NCBI) Image

National Council for the Blind in Ireland (NCBI)

The National Council for the Blind in Ireland (NCBI) is part of the Bookshare project by Benetech, giving those with reading barriers across the globe new opportunities for learning and literacy. by making more than 700,000 titles available in accessible online formats through its. Providing front and back-end development of the platform in Drupal, Kanopi was

able to tailor Bookshare to NCBI’s needs and audiences to unlock the power of reading while keeping the site AAA compliant.

PBL Works Image

PBL Works

PBL Works provides training and resources to help teachers facilitate project-based learning, an alternative method that uses real-world scenarios or questions as a basis for long-term projects. They partnered with Kanopi Studios with goals to build a beautiful, flexible new Drupal 8 website that shared success stories, answered common questions, and

provided educators with the necessary resources to offer quality, project-based learning for their students.

Physicians for Human Rights Image

Physicians for Human Rights

Physicians for Human Rights (PHR) needed a scalable, sophisticated experience that would look great on any device and be supportive of their varied content. Using Gutenberg in WordPress, Kanopi was able to translate strategy and designs from a design partner into the complex functionality and content strategy needed, resulting in a more sophisticated and versatile

system for editors, and an improved experience for site visitors.

Orange Silicon Valley Image

Orange Silicon Valley

Orange Silicon Valley, the Bay Area division of the French telecommunications company, noticed the speed at which Internet companies like Google and Facebook acquired new technology and moved into adjacent businesses — and was determined to be part of it. Kanopi Studios built them a WordPress website (www.orangesv.com) to help increase the visibility of their Silicon Valley

office, extending Orange’s brand and introducing the telecom giant to the Bay Area as they engaged with the startup ecosystem.
The Berkeley School of Information (I School)  Image

The Berkeley School of Information (I School)

The Berkeley School of Information (I School) contacted Kanopi Studios with a robust request: a redesign of their website, training on the latest development techniques, and a migration of 10 years of content to the newest version of Drupal. In order to meet the complex needs of higher education, we start with research: we determined content types,

decided what information was still relevant, mapped the content to the new site, and migrated the relevant content during development.

Web Dev for Data Product Company

"Kanopi Studios understands the needs and value prop of a complex company like ours."

Apr. 2016 - Ongoing

Kanopi Studios manages and continuously develops a Drupal website for a data product brand. The team provides proactive maintenance and regularly adds new features and capabilities to the site as needed.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Ralph Moher
VP Marketing, General Data Company, Inc.

The team's web management and development have improved the client's SEO efforts and customer engagement. Kanopi Studios provides high-quality, prompt service that meets every requirement and request. They work closely with the client's marketing team, enabling seamless collaboration.

General Data is multi-faceted company comprised of different business divisions in manufacturing, distribution, integration, service and healthcare sectors.

For what projects/services did your company hire Kanopi Studios?

Ongoing management, maintenance and continuing development of our Drupal-based website.

I needed a web development company who could take the time to really understand how our complex business divisions operate, what each of their unique value propositions are, and how they all come together under the General Data brand.

In addition, understand who our customers are within each division, their unique buyer journeys, and how they prefer to access content and interact with us. With that understanding, act as an extension of our marketing team to help curate and manage our digital presence and successfully achieve our marketing and business development objectives.

I knew the owner, Anne, when we worked with another agency, and Anne was part of the team who worked on my project. She was critical to the successful implementation of that project.

When I heard that she had started her own studio, I reached out to her to get a better understanding of what she wanted to do with her new company and what her focus and business philosophies were. They were in near-perfect alignment with what we needed, so the decision was easy.

For us, I believe this can be broken down into two areas. First, they provide ongoing PROACTIVE support and maintenance of our site. I emphasize "proactive" because that is exactly what I was looking for. They proactively take care of updates and issues, and bring advice and new ideas to us, instead of us having to bring it to them.

Secondly, we continually have a number of development projects that add new features, capabilities and enhancements to our Drupal site, and Kanopi has successfully developed and implemented each of them.

I primarily work with a project manager, who brings in different Kanopi associates depending on the experience or skill sets needed for the particular task or project.

We are a B2B company, and in the B2B world, your digital presence and digital marketing efforts are critically important, as engagement and buying decisions are often made by customers doing their own education and research.

Kanopi's work has had a significantly positive impact on our SEO efforts, as well as our ability to deliver useful and relevant content to our customers in the manner they prefer.

Project management is very reliable - there are rarely (if ever) any surprises or balls dropped with communicating needs, expectations, requirements, deliverables or project costs. In addition to Zoom conferences, Teamwork is primarily used as the project management platform.

I can name two things. Kanopi Studios understands the needs and value prop of a complex company like ours. They also function as an extension of our marketing team. Exactly what we needed.

Not much I can think of regarding areas of improvement.

Website Development and Maintenance for Environmental Foundation

“They're always trying to find the solutions that will make us happy.”

Oct. 2014 - Ongoing

Kanopi Studios designed and developed a website on WordPress. They continue to improve the interface between various pages, resovle bugs, and perform updates.

Ilan Kayatasky
Communications Director, Goldman Environmental Prize

The website looks professional and the in-house team is happy with the customer service they’ve received. Kanopi Studios goes above and beyond to meet all needs, while their ability to quickly address urgent issues earned them trust.

I'm the communications director at Goldman Environmental Prize. We seek to honor and support grassroots environmental activists around the world to help protect the environment and inspire others to do the same.

What challenge were you trying to address with Kanopi Studios?

We needed a vendor to develop a new website for us.

Kanopi Studios built our current website in WordPress, managing both design and development. We’re particularly busy in spring, so we're doing a lot of updates on our website. Kanopi Studios implements all the changes and develops new templates and solutions for us. They also help us resolve bugs and improve the interface between our home page, a press page, and profile pages.

We work with a project manager and two or three other members of their team.

How did you come to work with Kanopi Studios?

The relationship had started before I joined the company.

We started with them in October 2014, and the partnership is ongoing.

The website looks very professional, which is important for our business. If we have an urgent issue, Kanopi Studios resolves it as soon as possible. They have a system for marking the urgency of the projects, which has been working very well. In addition, they're able to come up with solutions that are creative and unique. I don't have the technical expertise, so I appreciate having a partner who is able to think through things and make recommendations.

How did Kanopi Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

They're very responsive and great communicators. We use Teamwork to keep track of the projects and we also use email and phone to stay in touch.

They're always trying to find the solutions that will make us happy. They're willing to work with us, even when we have our moments of stress.

In a perfect world, they'd have more developers. However, they're very responsive, especially when it comes to urgent projects, so we haven't had any issues.

Be clear, transparent, and consistent in communication. Also, make sure you have a good relationship with your project manager. We found a monthly video call to be very helpful as well.

Overall Score They're a great partner. They've become part of our team.
    Sometimes, things take a little longer, but I have an option to mark a project as urgent.
    Their rates are reasonable and they're transparent about their costs.
    They strive to give us everything we want and they're willing to work with our process.
    I think they do good work, so I'd certainly recommend them.

Web Dev for Telecom Company

"Kanopi Studios gets results; they know what they're doing."

May. 2019 - Ongoing

Kanopi Studios provides web development and content services for a telecommunications provider. They modify content on a Drupal website to make it more usable and accessible.

1,001-10,000 Employees

Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
Marketing Director, Telecom Provider

Website audits have improved dramatically since the engagement began, and Kanopi Studios' high-impact tactics have received positive feedback from key stakeholders. Their consistent communication, responsiveness, and trustworthiness make them a valuable partner.

I'm the director of marketing for a telecommunications provider.

What challenge were you trying to address with Kanopi Studios?

We were trying to find a solution to build out our website in a more efficient and user-friendly manner. We wanted to enhance the speed and usability of the site in general, in hopes that this would increase conversions.

Kanopi Studios is providing web development and content services. They work in Drupal. They modify some of the content on the website and rearrange it so that it’s more usable and better accessible by my end users. Everything else, I left up to them. I hand them the keys and let them drive the project.

We work with 5–6 people. Our project lead is the main point of communication. The technical team members join the calls on a regular basis and support the project as needed. I expect the total number will grow as we move into the next phase.

How did you come to work with Kanopi Studios?

An employee at my previous job introduced me to them. I met with Anne (CEO/Founder, Kanopi Studios), who outlined what they could do for us in a succinct and engaging manner. I brought them on, and they delivered on everything that they said they would. Because of that positive experience, I told my new boss that we should use them for web design.

Work started in late May 2019 and the engagement is ongoing.

Kanopi Studios didn't come in and try to maximize their dollars. From day one, they work to maximize their value. I trust them implicitly. They do very thorough technical audits, and they’re excellent at prioritizing the results. They separate minor issues with the website that can be put at the end of the queue from the ones that need to be repaired tomorrow. They focus their energies on high-impact, high-result tactics.

They came to my current company and have performed just as well as they did for the previous company. I have a different project manager and technical lead, which speaks to the consistency of their process and approach. I highly recommend Kanopi Studios.

How did Kanopi Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management team is great. They do a weekly video call with us, and we can always tell that they’re giving us their undivided attention. Kanopi Studios’ project managers are almost overwhelmingly efficient. My challenge is keeping up with their process. Notes, next steps, or tasks from the meeting are documented and pushed out quickly.

Overall, they do a really good job of communication through weekly calls, emails, project updates, and Slack. The personal touch and super-efficient workflow have made this partnership a really good experience for us.

Kanopi Studios gets results; they know what they're doing.

Nothing's come up yet in our current engagement. I also can't think of one instance in my prior engagement where we had to wait for them or had any issues.

I’d give them a 10 if I could.
    I’ve already recommended them.

Enterprise Website Redesign and Development for Nonprofit

"We had access to a host of resources at any given point in time."

Jan. - May 2019

Kanopi Studios redesigned and redeveloped an enterprise website for a nonprofit to make it more responsive and searchable. The team also migrated the site to Drupal 8 and Pantheon.

1,001-5,000 Employees

Bethesda, Maryland
Digital Communications Manager, Medical Foundation

The restructuring of the website positioned the client as an authority in the field, appealing to a wider audience. Throughout the agile development project, Kanopi Studios was on top of development and communication, adhering to timelines.

I'm a digital communications manager and project lead for the redesign and re-development of our enterprise website.

For what projects/services did your company hire Kanopi Studios?

The redesign and development (and move) of our enterprise website. We moved from Processwire to Drupal 8, and from internally hosted to Pantheon.

We needed a responsive, searchable, easy to navigate and compliant website for our enterprise website. We were focused on paring down the content and focusing on the tasks our audience needed to accomplish.

We had a 3 vendor competitive bid. We went with Kanopi as it was very clear that we would be a priority for their team and they made it abundantly clear they were committed to understanding our needs and outcomes.

We provided a business requirements document, a brief site map, a content audit and brand guide. Kanopi did not provide content (except for about 5 pages worth) or significantly source photos. We needed them to focus on the function and the design more than the written content.

We had a total of 17 people, between internal resources and Kanopi. Our main point of contact was Tim, as the project manager and Jason, as the main developer. Kim was our initial designer and she worked very hard to understand our aesthetic focus and balance our brand between authoritative and approachable.

This was a complete redesign, positioning us as the authority in our field. This redesign helped us focus on our audience.

We had weekly calls for project management, and my developer and Jason (Kanopi) developer also had frequent calls. We did agile development and discovery and in 12 sprints we only extended 1 deadline by 24 hours. We used Teamwork, which was great for task management and documentation.

We had access to a host of resources at any given point in time. I never felt like Kanopi couldn't address an issue or didn't have the bandwidth to support us. I loved feeling like our teams meshed and that as people, I get along with them!

None - I'd work with Kanopi again in a heartbeat.

Drupal Development and Maintenance for a Mental Health Education Website

“We met with a lot of teams, but they were the best— and it's shown.”

June 2017 - Ongoing

Kanopi Studios provides ongoing support and maintenance for a Drupal platform on a monthly basis. In addition to bug fixes and scheduled module and security upgrades, they add features upon request.

Consultant, Mind Your Brain

As evidenced by overarching web metrics and the business’s stability and functionality, Kanopi Studios has provided a satisfying level of ongoing services. Technical acumen, Drupal expertise, and industry presence set them apart from the competition. They’re communicative, organized, and reliable.

Mind Your Brain is a company focused on developing courses and information for mental health professionals. Our organization is largely based around the work of Dr. Dan Siegel, a world-renowned author and speaker with a Harvard medical degree. I'm a consultant on the marketing and product development area.

What challenge were you trying to address with Kanopi Studios?

We were looking for a firm to help us with our website, which is built on the Drupal platform. At the baseline, we needed month-to-month maintenance and minor feature upgrades. We also hired them for the more significant updates and changes we need to make.

Kanopi Studios provides monthly maintenance and base support. This level of service mainly revolves around minor frontend tweaks, security and module updates, and bug fixes.

Some of the larger projects they've done have ranged from adding new features to updating how we handled aspects of the site on the backend.

Recently, they created a functionality  we've termed an "all-access pass." This feature allows users to purchase access to our entire library, rather than buying individual courses.

Our main points of contact are a project manager and a Drupal developer. A few others from Kanopi Studios work for our business in the background.

How did you come to work with Kanopi Studios?

When we decided to move on from our previous developer, we conducted a thorough review process and considered several different firms. Kanopi Studios came highly recommended. We met with them a few times to talk through their experience and methodology. They were a good fit for us.

We've spent between $10,000–$50,000 so far.

We started working together in the middle of 2017 and have an ongoing partnership.

To assess Kanopi Studios, we look at the overall health of our business including more general web metrics. They make sure everything is working the way we want it to. The work that they're providing our company is up to our standards.

How did Kanopi Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

Kanopi Studios keeps everything very well-managed. They're always on top of tasks and are skilled communicators. They keep our team appraised of progress.

From a technical standpoint, Kanopi Studios has a tremendous knowledge of Drupal. Along with their internal developers, the team is well-connected and plays a significant role within the larger Drupal developer community. They have quite an extensive reach in that space, and their fingers are always on the pulse of new trends.

They're very helpful when it comes to fixing a new problem or considering how to add new features. If they haven't done a task before themselves, they invariably know someone with the necessary skill set who can quickly provide answers.

I really can't think of any. I've worked with many different firms over the years in a variety of roles, and Kanopi Studios performs very well. They're skilled and efficient. They communicate effectively and have maintained stability within the team they assigned us. We've had a positive experience so far.

Trust your first impression when you first meet Kanopi Studios. We met with a lot of teams, but they were the best— and it's shown.

Web Dev and Maintenance for Environmental Nonprofit

"The peace of mind Kanopi Studios delivers cannot be understated."

Oct. 2017 - Ongoing

Kanopi Studios is contracted for ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting for a suite of Drupal websites. They manage all updates and also support feature development efforts as needed.

Washington, D.C.
Eric Schwass
Visual Media Manager, ACEEE

Their work led to consistently updated websites with cleaner code than before, which frees up time for internal staff to focus on content creation. Kanopi Studios maintains regular communication, making tech-related matters easy to understand while anticipating any possible issues.

I’m the visual media manager for an environmental and energy nonprofit.

For what projects/services did your company hire Kanopi Studios?

We hired them to provide maintenance and troubleshooting for our suite of Drupal websites and to deliver expertise and dev support on adding features to the sites.

Our main goal was to move the day-to-day management of our websites to Kanopi Studios, which would free up our in-house staff so that they can manage content better.

We identified vendors through conferences and online "best of" lists. Kanopi Studios stood out for having reasonable prices and Drupal-specific expertise. What stood out the most to us, though, was that they’re a woman-owned business, which helped us achieve our organizational goal of hiring minority-owned vendors. Kanopi also impressed us by being incredibly well-organized.

Besides handling all our core and module updates, as well as managing server-related updates related to our websites. Kanopi Studios is always offering recommendations for improving our websites based on their experience with their other clients. Their documentation and workflows follow industry and Drupal-recommended best practices, which is not a given out there.

They assigned a primary contact and a backend engineer. They allocate frontend developers, designers, and themers as necessary.

Our websites are better built and cleaner, in terms of code, than they were when we handed them over. They’re now up to date and our staff spends zero time troubleshooting problems or bringing crashed sites back online. The peace of mind Kanopi Studios delivers cannot be understated.

Kanopi Studios communicates project statuses through Teamwork. They’re very good at keeping everything up to date and I can always view the status of a task by checking online.

I think there's a professionalism at Kanopi Studios that is not always present in the web development world. They’re adept at bridging the gap between plain language and tech-speak. They also make sure they’re thinking about any possible side effects caused by executing a task and they’ve mastered the almost lost art of effective, friendly customer service.

I have zero complaints about my partnership with Kanopi Studios.

Overall Score I wish all vendors were as professional and pleasant to work with.
    They are sure to find a time that works and are flexible when last-minute changes arise.
    They're not the cheapest, but they're far from the most expensive too. They offer a great value considering the work they do.
    Their work never has to be redone.
    Kanopi Studios would be my first recommendation.

Drupal Development for Economic Nonprofit

"The entire team is extremely responsive, accommodating, and pleasant."

Nov. 2013 - Ongoing

Kanopi Studios redesigned an existing website and migrated it onto Drupal 7. They built wireframes, streamlined the UX, and simplified maintenance structures.

Auburn, Alabama
Chad Parish
Technology Manager, Ludwig von Mises Institute

The website is not only intuitive and robust but also easy for staff to maintain and update. Kanopi Studios kept the project on track and under budget while implementing creative, elegant solutions. Their helpful advice, timely deliveries, and outstanding quality of work set them apart.

The Mises Institute is an educational organization dedicated to researching and teaching the Austrian School of economics and politics. We publish books and journals, produce videos and podcasts, host conferences around the world, and offer free online resources. As technology manager, I handle audio and video production, graphic design, and management of our website.

For what projects/services did your company hire Kanopi Studios?

We first worked with their founder when she was our project manager with another vendor. When she started Kanopi Studios, we stayed with that firm for support and ongoing development. After a year, we moved to Kanopi Studios. That move was a game-changer, and we've been happy ever since.

In 2013, we redesigned our site from the ground up, moving our robust website from a proprietary setup to Drupal 7. Our goal was to build an attractive, efficient site that our staff could easily manage and constantly improve.

We interviewed several vendors. The deciding factor was the founder's professionalism and our ease in interacting with her.

We evaluated our mission and organizational goals throughout the wireframe design, architecture, site management, and launch. We interacted extensively and scheduled many conference calls. Since the launch, we've continued with ongoing improvements, development, and maintenance.

Because our website evolved over 15 years, it was a rat's nest of dysfunctional systems. Building a new home and importing a huge database into Drupal was extremely challenging, but they made it happen.

We're constantly improving our website and launching new development projects. We are working on a text-to-speech project and an API that will expand and improve site performance and features.

We mostly spoke with our project manager, information architect, and UX expert. We had limited interaction with the graphic designer and technical team, so I'm not sure how many people were involved. After launch, most of our interactions have been with our project manager and technical lead.

The most obvious impact has been the improved, responsive site design and streamlined website management. It's easy to add and edit content. Another unexpected impact has been the expansion of Drupal site features. For example, it's easier to host RSS feeds of our podcasts and audiobooks, feed them to platforms like Stitcher and Spotify, and add Spanish and Korean translations of our website.

We had 11,507,718 unique page views in 2018, and mobile device and tablet sessions accounted for more than 3.9 million total visits. The website is key to reaching new audiences and younger demographics. For example, 48% of our online readership in 2018 was under the age of 35, and nearly 47% of all sessions occurred on mobile devices. Their team makes this ongoing creative growth possible. Looking to the future sets us apart.

They're professional and systematic. The founder has managed the entire process. While quite responsive to our ideas and suggestions, she keeps the project on track and under budget. Our current project manager and tech lead are fantastic. They're quick to respond to and solve problems.

Since we're a nonprofit, it's important that they are also cognizant of our budget and timeline. They break down invoices, so we know how they spend every minute and dollar.

We communicate weekly through video conferencing, but they are regularly available through email and Teamwork and are always open to schedule meetings. The entire team is extremely responsive, accommodating, and pleasant. Their customer service is impeccable. Sometimes the founder calls, out of the blue, to see how things are going. They make us feel like their most important client.

I've never worked with a company that balances customer service, friendliness, work quality, deadlines, and professionalism so well. They are simply the best. We are pleased to work with Kanopi Studios and always recommend them. I've worked here for nearly 18 years, and hiring them was the best website-related decision we've ever made.

We should have been slightly more hands-off. They accommodated our constant requests and changes, but we should have stepped back and let the experts run with it.

Overall Score They have a superior balance of customer service, friendliness, work quality, technical expertise, and professionalism.
    They're always flexible, and make a superior effort to be available when we need them.
    They stay within our budget and help us plan our projects. The customer service and value are top-notch.
    Their work quality is excellent and reliable.
    We're pleased to work with them, and always recommend them.

Web Dev for Mid Size Technology Company

"The team truly invested itself in our project and its success."

Aug. - Nov. 2018

Kanopi Studios updated a website in WordPress. They refreshed its look and feel, and they made future content updates easier and less likely to cause crashes. The team now provides ongoing support.

Walnut Creek, California
Enterprise Account Executive, Mid Size Software Company

The site experiences less downtime and has received positive feedback from internal stakeholders. Kanopi Studios ran a smooth collaboration from start to finish. Their team demonstrated technical expertise and delivered high-quality products on time and at excellent value.

I am an enterprise account executive for a mid-sized technology company. We provide infrastructure to build, launch, and run Drupal and WordPress websites.

For what projects/services did your company hire Kanopi Studios?

Our own website was outdated, but every time our marketing team made changes, the site would go offline. We engaged Kanopi Studios to revamp the site and make it easier for us to update content as needed.

We wanted to give our site a modern look and feel to reflect our company’s growth.

We spoke with three vendors. Kanopi Studios best understood our needs and provided a solid plan for how they planned to complete the work.

Kanopi Studios redesigned and developed our website in WordPress. They now provide ongoing updates.

We worked with a group of WordPress developers.

Our marketing team can now push out updates much faster without worrying about site crashes.

The project ran smoothly from start to finish. Kanopi Studios had a talented team with proven expertise in web development. They exceeded our expectations throughout.

The team truly invested itself in our project and its success. They cared about meeting our deadlines and delivering excellent products.

No, I can’t think of anything.

Web Dev and Design for BI Company

"Their employees are great; everyone is incredibly skilled, knowledgeable, and nice."

Dec. 2018 - Ongoing

Kanopi provides various services, including website maintenance and design updates. They performed a technical audit to identify key concerns and now work with the internal team to solve problems.

San Mateo, California
Robyn Forman
VP Marketing, Zoomdata

Unlike other firms, Kanopi has a skilled team that effectively communicates project concerns and updates. They hold regular meetings to discuss progress, and the partnership has been excellent so far.

I'm the VP of marketing for Zoomdata, a modern business intelligence company for big and streaming data.

For what projects/services did your company hire Kanopi Studios?

We needed a partner to administer and manage the website, as well as refresh the design.

We wanted to maintain a sound, technical website and refresh the design.

The frontend developer and account manager of a previous partner took a job at Kanopi, and when I started looking into them, I realized they were organized and professional. Their team was also skilled, so I hired them.

The first thing Kanopi did was a technical audit to determine what was effective and what needed to change. They then began fixing the system, including our hosting situation. They manage our development and production web servers and take care of our Drupal code. They also maintain our site and keep the design fresh and updated; we hadn't changed it in over three years. Kanopi is already implementing the new CSS.

I work with three support members, a strategist, and a designer.

We're in the early days of working with Kanopi, but I can already see a huge difference.

They're efficient, using a small set of management and communication tools that they quickly added us to. They work well with our internal team and the multiple stakeholders for the main site, developer site, and documentation site. We have weekly meetings to discuss goals, priorities, and progress updates.

Their employees are great; everyone is incredibly skilled, knowledgeable, and nice. They know what the site needs to function properly and to attract and convert visitors. It's a been a joy to work with them.

Overall Score They do excellent work and have great people!
    Scheduling has been very easy.
    Kanopi is very reasonably priced.
    Kanopi has been fantastic to work with.
    I'd absolutely refer them to friends and will happily be a reference for them.

Drupal Development for Boutique Fitness Studio

“Their quick response and sense of urgency to our needs set them apart–they were unbelievable.”

May - July 2018

Kanopi Studios provided immediate security support for a Drupal website, as well as additional development work as needed.

Alan Roberts
Owner, Pelo Fitness

Kanopi Studios' dedication to quickly meeting the urgent needs of the company is exceptional. In addition to their ability to patch up security issues and provide quality development support, their team is very responsive, efficient with their time, and easy to communicate with.

I'm the owner of Pelo Fitness, a boutique fitness studio chain with two locations in San Francisco, Calif.

What challenge were you trying to address with Kanopi Studios?

We weren't happy with our previous developers, so were were looking for a new vendor ASAP as we started having some security issues with the site.

Kanopi Studios provided immediate, emergency security patching for our website on Drupal. They also continue to provide ongoing maintenance and additional development work for the site as needed. We may engage them for some web design services in the near future as well.

We worked with two people primarily.

How did you come to work with Kanopi Studios?

We found them on Drupal.org and were drawn to their website. We liked the fact that they're an all-female company and felt they were honest in their approach to the work we needed done.

We probably invested less than $10,000.

We worked with them from May–July 2018.

When we called Kanopi Studios for immediate help, they were able to quickly patch up holes in our online security. Their quick response and sense of urgency to our needs set them apart–they were unbelievable.

How did Kanopi Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

They were fantastic overall. We had great success communicating to their team via video conferencing, and they were able to answer every question we had. They also worked quickly and were very efficient with their time, so we got a great value overall.

We'd worked with three providers before Kanopi Studios, but none of the relationships went as smoothly as it did with them. They're easy to communicate with, making concepts easy for us to understand and remaining accessible to us throughout the engagement. They're also very reasonably priced for a US-based company.

No. They were great all around.

No, because my relationship with Kanopi Studios was so easy.

They turned things around very quickly.
    They provide a lot of value for their services, turnaround times, and customer support.
    They provide quality work and are efficient in their approach.